Flash Fire Entries

Senrab

This topic will hold my entries to the Flash Fire art contest. I've posted a few MoC topics on BZP, but never any art before now. Now that there's an interesting contest I'm finally posting some art. :)

Turaga Vakama

vakamathumbnail.png(click for full picture)

I thought a pixel art Vakama would be an interesting and different entry to the contest. Hopefully it doesn't break any rules. I don't see it winning, but I think it looks nice and I enjoyed making it.

Matoran Takua

takuathumbnail.jpg

This is probably my best piece of Bionicle artwork. I'm pretty happy with all of it except for his left arm, it looks a little weird. My favorite part is the mask.

Toa Tahu

tahuthumbnail.jpg

Because I wanted to use a different style for each of my entries, I first colored this with colored pencils and then just messed around with it in GIMP. It actually turned out much better than I expected.

Edited by Senrab

3DS FC: 0216 - 1922 - 2231

The head is a bit large, but that's probably because my drawing was based on the McToran version. :P Why don't you think the colors fit Takua?Thanks for the comment and criticism. :)

Edited by Senrab

The head is a bit large, but that's probably because my drawing was based on the McToran version. :P Why don't you think the colors fit Takua?Thanks for the comment and criticism. :)
I mean, the colors are like all over the place and some of them are in weird spots. For example, the yellow at the bottom of the mask makes the mask look like a Huna.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Looking back at the picture, the colors do look kinda strange. I think it might have been because I was trying to add blue to more places than just his mask, and it didn't work out as well as I thought it would.Added my final entry, Tahu. Feel free to comment. :)

Edited by bonesiii
Dp merged. -bones

Actually, I like your Tahu the most of all, although your Takua was also very cool looking. The sketchy style and Glow effects look messy at first, but one I got a good look at it, the style fits. It almost seems like an ancient Matoran carving of Tahu. I really like the mask especially. :)Takua looks very cool, especially the mask, and the style looks good here too. Maybe a little less colors on the mask though, it just doesn't seem 'solid,' if you know what I mean.Vakama is a very original take. I did not expect an 8bit Vakama while looking through the entries! It looks very good, although tall, and the 8bit style turned out very nice. Some very good work you have here. I hope you continue doing more art in the future. Best of luck in the contest!

I'm glad you like Vakama, I didn't know if people would like the pixel style. Takua is also my favorite. I didn't really know what I was doing with Tahu, but I think he turned out okay. Thanks for the comment and good luck in the contest.:)