The Awakening: Part 45

The Awakening: Part 46

The Awakening: Part 47

The Awakening: Part 48

The Awakening: Part 49

The Awakening: Part 50

The Awakening: Epilogue

Guest Stars

I do take Guest Stars but they take a while for me to make so be patient.PGS's will be UCS members only.Send me your--Name.-Bio.-Sprite Sheet.-Powers.-Anything you want me to know.

Credit

Dark709

Soran

King Lehvak

Gerlicky

Vataki Teridax

Feline Oneker

Terton the Many

Blade Titan 974

Edited by Terra Nuva

sig2_0.png

It's a nice introduction. The characters are well introduced except the Lerahk who randomly appeared from no where. Also, I'm not quite sure how Macku ended up there though.
Thanks.Yeah Lerahk was supposed to be random. But Macku isn't the Macku from metru Nui. It's supposed to be a common name. (Even though that doesn't happen in Bionicles) :) Edited by Terra Nuva

sig2_0.png

I see this series has potential.While I'm not a big fan of the kit choice (almost everyone uses Chimoru nowadays =P), your graphic style isn't too bad.You have some decent looking backgrounds that do alright with the sprites, and it looks like you're doing okay with GIMP effects. The humor isn't too bad either. Kinda random, but it still works.This is a pretty good start for you, and I'll be looking here to see how you do through time. =D-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

Not a bad introduction; nothing's really wrong with the series, it's just a very generic introduction. But it's hard to gauge a series based on the first comic, so I'll keep an eye on this series. :)
Thanks for viewing :biggrin:
I see this series has potential.While I'm not a big fan of the kit choice (almost everyone uses Chimoru nowadays =P), your graphic style isn't too bad.You have some decent looking backgrounds that do alright with the sprites, and it looks like you're doing okay with GIMP effects. The humor isn't too bad either. Kinda random, but it still works.This is a pretty good start for you, and I'll be looking here to see how you do through time. =D-V-
Thank you very much. I will try not to disappoint :PThe New Mask Part 2 Edited by Terra Nuva

sig2_0.png

An excellent positioning of Lerahk in comic 4, great work. It was funny, and evidently he needs to make more instantaneous masks.Now that is a lot of randomness, but it was well-positioned and used as a plot device. (Sort of.) Not much to do there? High standards indeed.WAIT, LERAHK'S FAMILY?! WE'RE ALL DOOMED.Aw, wanted to see Lerahk's family. Still, that's quite a suspenseful comic...

Pk57sNJ.jpg

An excellent positioning of Lerahk in comic 4, great work. It was funny, and evidently he needs to make more instantaneous masks.Now that is a lot of randomness, but it was well-positioned and used as a plot device. (Sort of.) Not much to do there? High standards indeed.WAIT, LERAHK'S FAMILY?! WE'RE ALL DOOMED.Aw, wanted to see Lerahk's family. Still, that's quite a suspenseful comic...
Thanks for the positive review. I hope to improve everything in the future :biggrin:One Final AttemptWill we see Lerahks family this time?

sig2_0.png

Wow, huge comic. That mind control mask is stronger than its creator...wow!Was that a Batman reference when he hung from the ceiling? I know what the sword is a reference to...lol.Wow, Gavla just saved your life? The way he did it was epic for a comic.And then...wow. Looks like a Comic Villain is actually worthy of his villainship for once!So SeeKay is the one who's being controlled? Oh no.By the way, I see you picked my Mahri Form. It was unexpected, but cool. I'm guessing you picked it because it has shading?

Pk57sNJ.jpg

Huh. That last comic was... Interesting. Gavla's appearance was definitely far from expected.I appreciate the fact you're doing plot-driven comics, Terra! The style reminds me of my first comics.Since it seems you're looking to changing some things in your next season, I would recommend working on the text.I suggest making it a bit smaller so it fits in the panels more easily, and make sure none of it gets cut off from the panels and that it doesn't blend in with the backgrounds. This will make your story-telling a lot easier for yourself and the readers. Trust me.Good work overall.-V-

Here are some actually great comics that I feel deserve a bit more attention as well.

One Nation Under The Great Spirit - The Lazy Life of a Comic Maker 3.0 - 009 Makes Comics - Tilted - The Awesomepacolypse - Tavkorp: Since 2008 - Akano's Comics

Well, see you never again, BZP.

I like that surprise appearance by Gavla. Also, I think we could say good bye to Seekay and the Rahkshi.
InvestigationWhy don't you read this :P
Huh. That last comic was... Interesting. Gavla's appearance was definitely far from expected.I appreciate the fact you're doing plot-driven comics, Terra! The style reminds me of my first comics.Since it seems you're looking to changing some things in your next season, I would recommend working on the text.I suggest making it a bit smaller so it fits in the panels more easily, and make sure none of it gets cut off from the panels and that it doesn't blend in with the backgrounds. This will make your story-telling a lot easier for yourself and the readers. Trust me.Good work overall.-V-
I intended to do story comics from the beginning because I just love media with a good story.I will definitely change the text in 2.0 and thanks for the advice ;D

sig2_0.png

I read the comics and here's what I think:The graphics are great and solid. Clean panels and clear backgrounds are always a good thing. And although the Chimoru kit is used by many, it doesn't matter. It's a good-looking and easy-to-use kit, after all.Then there is the content. There is clearly a unified story binding all the comics together, meaning it's not just a series of random comic strips. It works well. I found Lerahk and the two main characters (Terra and the EVIL GUY) a little too similar to Dark709's characters. I didn't notice it until Lerahk came in. Also, Macku is a lot like Zacku. It's not a serious thing, really, but you might want to add some unique personal traits to the characters and create totally original ones (not that there wouldn't be any of those even now). It's good you don't have too many characters, though. Too many characters could make reading the comics hard. The amount of characters you are using seems to be sufficient enough.There's definately action and drama going on with these comics. Kind of clashes with the humor some times, but sure makes the series more interesting in a way. The mask plot was good, and I especially like the fact it was not abandoned after the three comics detailing its birth. It was funny how Macku wasn't affected by it while the other guy was.As for the humor, I think the dramatic events and the epic plotline sort of restrict it. It's all about a matter of taste, though. More epicness than humor might work as well. If you want to add to the humor though, I suggest you develop your characters further and try basing the jokes more on their personalities and their differences. Not sure if you understand what I mean, this might be confusing to read and comprehend. :PAll in all: The graphics are fantastic, the plotline works (it's kind of fast-paced now, you might want to slow things down a bit depending on how much you want to exite the reader). There is plenty of humor based on randomness, you could try different kind of humor as well, just to flesh the comics out. Still, it's not bad now. By putting more depth into the characters and creating new and original ones (you could use someone you know as a template for a new comic character) you could make the comics even better.Besides the few things I tried to give constructive criticism about, these comics are not bad at all. Very interesting, actually. Keep up the good work and make more. :)

I read the comics and here's what I think:The graphics are great and solid. Clean panels and clear backgrounds are always a good thing. And although the Chimoru kit is used by many, it doesn't matter. It's a good-looking and easy-to-use kit, after all.Then there is the content. There is clearly a unified story binding all the comics together, meaning it's not just a series of random comic strips. It works well. I found Lerahk and the two main characters (Terra and the EVIL GUY) a little too similar to Dark709's characters. I didn't notice it until Lerahk came in. Also, Macku is a lot like Zacku. It's not a serious thing, really, but you might want to add some unique personal traits to the characters and create totally original ones (not that there wouldn't be any of those even now). It's good you don't have too many characters, though. Too many characters could make reading the comics hard. The amount of characters you are using seems to be sufficient enough.There's definately action and drama going on with these comics. Kind of clashes with the humor some times, but sure makes the series more interesting in a way. The mask plot was good, and I especially like the fact it was not abandoned after the three comics detailing its birth. It was funny how Macku wasn't affected by it while the other guy was.As for the humor, I think the dramatic events and the epic plotline sort of restrict it. It's all about a matter of taste, though. More epicness than humor might work as well. If you want to add to the humor though, I suggest you develop your characters further and try basing the jokes more on their personalities and their differences. Not sure if you understand what I mean, this might be confusing to read and comprehend. :PAll in all: The graphics are fantastic, the plotline works (it's kind of fast-paced now, you might want to slow things down a bit depending on how much you want to exite the reader). There is plenty of humor based on randomness, you could try different kind of humor as well, just to flesh the comics out. Still, it's not bad now. By putting more depth into the characters and creating new and original ones (you could use someone you know as a template for a new comic character) you could make the comics even better.Besides the few things I tried to give constructive criticism about, these comics are not bad at all. Very interesting, actually. Keep up the good work and make more. :)
Everything you mentioned is valid and I get what you are saying 100%Here,s the thing about Dark709's characters. I originally started making comics 2 years ago and I think I might have been kinda obsessed with Dark709 so I might have based some characters on his comics (originally I had like 10 more characters) so when I picked up making comics again, I took a few characters that seemed promising and used them in the comics now. (originally the comics were almost like your old comics but maybe a lot worse :P). I only just realized that I and Krazon (evil one) look like Dark709's characters switched (Sir Pickles is red and Dark is infected). I don't think that was originally planned (I don't remember). Originally SeeKay was a character named Chibi Killer who hated chibi style sprites. (very shallow, as was SeeKay that's why I killed him off). I had Onepu, Vakama (who was a mentally deranged turaga obsessed with fire, and a whole host of Krazon clones. Originally this was going to be a humor series with an epic in between seasons but I decided I liked epic better and I will try to develop the characters more, which is one of my problems. I tend to develop the two main characters more than supporting main characters.The only big problem that I think I have is I have a hard time slowing down the pace. I find that I have great stories in my head but after the comic is finished It is way sped up. I need to work on that because I am planning a huge improvement in the comics soon (very soon). Thank you for the critique and I really love the constructive criticism from you and Venom because it is really helping me improve. oh, and thanks for being my inspiration LOL :PTerra Nuva is Deadoh and here is a new comic Edited by Terra Nuva

sig2_0.png

Everything you mentioned is valid and I get what you are saying 100%Here,s the thing about Dark709's characters. I originally started making comics 2 years ago and I think I might have been kinda obsessed with Dark709 so I might have based some characters on his comics (originally I had like 10 more characters) so when I picked up making comics again, I took a few characters that seemed promising and used them in the comics now. (originally the comics were almost like your old comics but maybe a lot worse :P). I only just realized that I and Krazon (evil one) look like Dark709's characters switched (Sir Pickles is red and Dark is infected). I don't think that was originally planned (I don't remember). Originally SeeKay was a character named Chibi Killer who hated chibi style sprites. (very shallow, as was SeeKay that's why I killed him off). I had Onepu, Vakama (who was a mentally deranged turaga obsessed with fire, and a whole host of Krazon clones.Originally this was going to be a humor series with an epic in between seasons but I decided I liked epic better and I will try to develop the characters more, which is one of my problems. I tend to develop the two main characters more than supporting main characters.The only big problem that I think I have is I have a hard time slowing down the pace. I find that I have great stories in my head but after the comic is finished It is way sped up. I need to work on that because I am planning a huge improvement in the comics soon (very soon).Thank you for the critique and I really love the constructive criticism from you and Venom because it is really helping me improve. oh, and thanks for being my inspiration LOL :PTerra Nuva is Deadoh and here is a new comic
I understand the Dark thing, I remember being possessed by his comics as well. The movie had... too much similarities with Dark's first one. :PHaving an epic comic series with some humor in between works just as well as the other way around, so embrace it! :P That way you can concentrate on the adventure and the plot a lot more. But I see you've already done that.@ the new comic: Noo, you're dead!