Bionicle: Time for time

Toa Kayn

Prologue

Blades flying, steel clashing. Nothing could truly describe what Kayn was witnessing. He had experienced his fair share of lengthy and blood spilling battles but nothing had prepared him for this. Heroes falling, Toa, after Toa, after Toa. He had slept the night before wishing he wouldn't have another one of his haunting nightmares, he got what he wished for, only to wake up the next morning to a living one.The battle was fierce, bullets flying by and narrowly missing the edges of his already heavily scarred grey Kanohi Hau. He turned around to check on Vhisola, she was fighting a Goldic Guard like everyone else. Something was slightly strange though. He was wearing an orange Kanohi Ruru, standing out from the usual orange Pakari. The strange Goldic sharply turned around and threw his protosteel dagger towards Kayn. Swiftly, Kayn stepped to the side, but something was wrong this time...this time he felt the sharp pain of a blade that had pierced his gunmetal chest plating. The strange Goldic waved his arm up in the air, signaling to the rest of the enemy. The Goldic that were nearest to the one wearing the Ruru grabbed an odd device from a pouch on the side of their leg and threw it on the ground, almost instantaneously, the guards started to retreat. Kayn readied the small gun located under his wrist and aimed it promptly at the "Ruru" that was retreating. Kayn pulled the small trigger on the back of the firearm and watched as the shot hit the "Ruru".The Goldic that Kayn had been able to shoot was left behind by the rest of his men. While Vhisola went to go check on the remaining Toa, Kayn quickly switched his vision on to the objects that two of the Goldics had left behind. "Vhisola! Get the Toa with the Kakama over here!"Vhisola didn't even need to relay what Kayn had just said as the Toa with the Kakama had already heard it and gotten over to Kayn. "I need you and your friend to take these as far away as possible and figure out what these are.""I see, the device is pulsating a strange noise quite rapidly, we never know what this thing could be. On it"The Toa with the Kakama and one of his friends rushed off with the device while Kayn got up to investigate his wound. It didn't look to good. Slowly, Kayn started limping over to the "Ruru".This was taking longer than Kayn thought, the "Ruru" was crawling towards the cliff that meets the vast ocean and with Kayn at a limping state, they would already be near the edge before Kayn caught up with him. Kayn started to feel even stranger than before, he had been stabbed and gotten broken bones but nothing quite this bad. When Kayn finally caught up with "Ruru", the Goldic was unconscious. Kayn took a firm grasp on the handle of the dagger that was in his chest, it took a giant swift tug to get the blasted thing loose. It was stained with blood, not a very big surprise. He began to put the dagger to the Goldics throat to make sure it wouldn't do anything just as an arm came up and knocked it right out of his hand and upwards. The "Ruru" pulled out a revolver and fired out six shots, all hitting Kayn in the torso. The dagger came down and was caught by the Goldic just in time to finish Kayn off with a slash to the arm, taking it clean off. Kayns world erupted in flames, the pain was overwhelming but...short. The "Ruru" ended Kayns torment with a silent and quick tugging to the neck. Kayns lifeless body slumped onto it's knees and tumbled over the edge and into the water.The Goldic let off a quick grunt and walked away.Kayn was sinking down...down into the endless deep of the ocean, to be found by no one.

Review Topic

Edited by Toa Kayn

9HYoRY7.pngKayn's Thought: My hiatus of Bionicle has ended

Chapter 1: The Rusted Mask

Kayns vision returned to normal and he started breathing heavily. "What the Nui did I just see?" He whispered to himself. His stubby Matoran hands put the strange rusted mask back down on the table. "I must let Turaga Kongu know about this right away." Kayn threw the mask into his backpack and rushed out of his hut. Running through the refugee camp, he saw his friend Pakare working on a new blade at his forgery. "Have you finished the sword that I requested?" Kayn shouted over to Pakare. "Of course! It is as sharp as a Kikinalo horn!"Pakare picked up the long blade and presented it out in front of him for Kayn to come and collect. "How is that old Rode holding up?" Pakare remarked."Fine, it is still rock solid."Kayn took the sword and nodded at Pakare and continued on his run to Turaga Kongu."Kongu! I found this when I was out hunting Hotos.""This mask. This is the legendary Kanohi Vahi. It was forged by Vakama when he was still a Toa.""Vakama? Didn't he die almost 100,000 years ago?""Yes, indeed he did but masks of this magnitude can last 100,000 longer than that.""Well, when I took it to my hut on the other side of the camp, I saw strange images of Toa and Matoran fighting Goldic Guards.""This could be bad, the Vahi is very old and time energy might be leaking out, it must have showed you a glimpse of the future.""Should I take it to Pakare and see if he can fix it up?""No chance, he is leaving to join the Goldic Guard. It will take him about a month to get there.""Mata Nui! I need to get back to him! See you later Kongu!"Kayn quickly put the mask back into his bag and for a second time, rushed away. Kayn was running as fast as he could, jumping over some small Rahi and dodging fellow refugees. There was a small rock, Kayn tried to jump over it but he was too late, his foot caught the edge of the rock and he tumbled end over end and landed face down in the dust. The Vahi fell out of his bag and landed on the ground in front of him. He looked up into the sun that was facing straight towards him and saw a tall silhouette stand on the other side of the Vahi. Kayn looked up at it's head and trembled in shock as the Toa like beings head was not normal, it was like some kind of weird Rahi. The being looked down at the Vahi and sniggered. He then stepped aside and walked away."What am I getting myself into?"Kayn got up and put the legendary mask back in his backpack. He continued to run towards Pakare's forgery. "Oh no." Kayn said as he saw the forgery was shut and Pakare had left. Kayn turned the other way and back to his hut to gather his things. He was going to go after Pakare.

Edited by Toa Kayn

• 11 months later...

Chapter 2: The Goldic Guard

-Pakare-

(One year later)

Pakare released the straps in his bag and let it lay to rest right next to a strangely decorated rock. Over by a large altar, Pakare could see the Great-master; leader of the 'Goldic Guard'. This organisation was ancient and formed in secret by the great Keetongu. After Mata Nui died, the Goldic Guard became more of a public movement, tasked with safeguarding the cycle of Toa.

This was the time. The time for Pakare to prove himself worthy of the Goldic. The time for him to show that he can be a true protector of the realm.

The Great-master signaled for Pakare to join him on the platform. Pakare obliged, moving up onto the edifice which all Goldics before him have done.

The circular platform which represented Unity started glowing a bright gold color. The Great-master began to chant, and Pakare's vision faded into black.

Pakare awoke, lifting his hand off of his orange Pakari. Alarmingly, the Great-master was watching over him.

"How do you feel?" questioned the Great-master.

"As if I can take on anything!"

Pakare noticed that his body changed during the ceremony, he was tall. Finally, after all of his training and literature, he had become a fully fledged member of the Goldic Guard!

Something sprung into his mind, the Goldic motto.

'Like Goldic, like Toa.'

Edited by Toa Kayn

Chapter 3: The Seventh

-Fahr-

Fahr held up his hand in front of his eyes to guard them from the fast flying sand. This journey across the deserts of Spherus Magna was treacherous, but Fahr had fire burning; burning in his heart.

Fire.

Fire, which was given to him by Makuta Teridax. Fire, which has kept him driven.

Fire, which keeps him alive.

Fahr never forgot that day. Back when the Toa Nuva were around. No, more specific. When the Mask of Light first appeared, Teridax created seven Rahkshi. fear, anger, poison, fragmentation, disintegration and hunger were the first six Rahkshi's powers. The seventh, however, had the power of the void. To make something nothing. To make it gone, dissapear. Whatever you would want to call it.

Teridax made a big mistake. When making the seventh Rahkshi, he wanted to make sure it was well aware of what it was actually doing. As soon as the Rahkshi was formed, it turned against the Makuta of Mata Nui, knowing exactly what the situation was. Teridax was too much for the Rahkshi of the void and after removing some of it's limbs for good measure, he idiotically cast it into his pool of protodermis.

The last thing that had entered the pool of protodermis climbed out more powerful. The form of a Toa was the base for the seventh's mutation. Well, the form of a Toa with a Rahkshi head.

That was where Fahr had gotten his fire. That was when Fahr became a Toa.

Edited by Toa Kayn

Chapter 4: The Lone Matoran

-Kayn-

Kayn slid his blade out from his backpack-sheathe to cut open a healthy looking plant, water ran out of the incision and down onto the branches. Kayn took the seaweed pouch out of his bag and placed it so the water would pour right in to drink. How long had it been? How long had it been since Kayn had started his journey? Back in the refugee camp at the edge of the desert, he was only trying to get a hold of Pakare at the last minute, but one thing led to another and he ended up spanning most of the desert in a year. Was it the mask's strange power? Perhaps it was something to do with the Toa, like being he saw when he tripped over at the camp. Kayn didn't know.

The only thing Kayn knew, was to drive himself to get out of the desert alive.

Kayn couldn't keep this up for much longer, he felt himself fading. Even in this largely populated world, here, he was just a lone Matoran.

Kayn went to take a sip from his water pouch, but it fell from his stubby hands; and he collapsed upon the sand.

Edited by Toa Kayn

Chapter 5: The Toa Reduo

-Pakare-

Pakare had been taught about the legendary Toa Reduo, masters of the kanohi Vahi. They used it's powers of time to keep peace across the many provinces of Spherus Magna. The sworn enemy of the Reduo, were the Rahkshi. Most of the Rahkshi on Spherus Magna plotted against the Toa and one night they were attacked. Hundreds, if not, thousands of Rahkshi were locked in battle with the heroes. After a week of fighting, the Toa Reduo were over runned and their last resort, was to use the mask to get them to safety. Due to the lack of focus because of the attack, the Mask of Time did not work as they intended, causing rifts in time. The mask sent itself and the Toa Reduo through time. All but one Toa was lost that day. He became a Turaga and served as the 3rd Great-master until he eventually died.

Pakare pondered. The story of the Toa Reduo was be something Kayn would have liked to hear about.

"The Master would like to see you." said a fellow guard.

"Of course." Pakare said as he sheathed his sword from practicing.

Before entering the chambers, Pakare wiped some dirt off of his orange Pakari to make sure he looked the part.

Edited by Toa Kayn