LSO 2012 Team Three Review Topic

Hahli Husky

If this epic is not finished, I will never forgive you guys. I will shun you forever, in fact, if that happens.But yeah, this story was really, really good. Unlike the last two it was not about post 2010 plot, a setup I personally hate. It was also very well written, and had an excellent plot. And Jabraz. XDI am looking forward greatly to seeing the rest of this.

Woohoo, we did it!It was really an amazing opportunity to write with you guys, and I feel the story came out very well. Kudos to GSR for finding a way to bring everything together like that; I don't think I could have done it!I'm open to continue writing after the contest if you guys are, and we still need to decide on a title. Regardless, it was an honour to collaborate with the three of you, so thank you for the privilege! :)

It was really cool to write with you guys, even if all my turns kept falling in the middle of the work week. :P It was tough writing in a round robin like this but also fun - you never know where things are going to wind up next.I did worry about overstepping my boundaries a bit with my second chapter, but I felt like the story needed to nail down a villain (and besides, Janus set me up for exposition so nicely) - hopefully everyone was okay with Makuta Spiriah and His Amazing Biomechanically Engineered Skakdi and Friends. And thanks also for keeping the "this story" bits going throughout, it made wrapping that 'last' chapter in a framing device a lot easier and more natural, which was good, because I had no idea how to wrap it up as a good temporary ending point without a little narrative trickery.

Edited by GSR

Hey: I'm not very active around BZP right now.  However, you can always contact me through PM (I have email notifications set up) and I will reply as soon as I can.

Useful Topics: The Q&A Compendium | The Official RPG Planning Topic
Stories: Fractures | An Aftermath | Three Stories | LSO 2012 Epics: Team Three | The Shadow and the Sea | The Days They Were Needed | Glitches | Transformations | Echoes | The Kaita and the Storyteller | Nui

BZPRPG: Komae · Soraya · Bohrei

Blog: Defendant Lobby no. 42

Thanks for being a part of this guys, it was a unique challenge to actually write something even resembling canon again---granted I resisted the heck out of that, but you guys kept dropping more and more canon pieces in, so I eventually got the hang of it. Sorry about my stubbornness.GSR, I think you did a great job with your second chapter, while it definitely wasn't the way I had planned it, it ended up blending seamlessly into the overall narrative and gave us a bit more momentum to keep the story moving. Thanks for that.Legolover, You have a unique grasp on the english language, and while some of the words you use can be awkward, overall you have a very potent vocabulary. You started us on a fairly strong note, and kept that going--plus you were the only one who referenced that darn mouse.Fullmetal Eyrcharmist, You were able to get inside the heads of the characters in a way that I don't feel the rest of us did. While we orchestrated plot developments (or muddled around trying not to do too much, in my case) you really brought a new perspective and depth to each of the characters, which made us more intrigued by what was going on in their lives.Overall, while we weren't quite as productive as the other teams, I feel we have a fairly solid story here, and I'm proud to have been a part of this time.However, as I mentioned before, canon and me are like acid and skin (we don't go together) so I'm unfortunately going to bow out. I may peek in now and then to take a look at where you've sent this story to--if you choose to continue it.-Janus

Edited by Janus

NoNoNoNoNonNO

You misunderstood me

You didn't hear what I said

You're not listening LIKE MOST AMERICANS

-Arin Hanson

First, to echo my teammates: Your thanks are mutual. Round robins have an odd tendency to derail the plot at some point, but I don't believe that happened here at all -- the characterizations even remained consistent. Kudos to all of you. :)I'm definitely willing to continue this story after judging ends (preferably with planning this time, heh).