ACRONYMS anonymous

Sir Ptolemic Of Zyglak

Looks promising; I like the way that you've done this, as in you're pandering to the crowd, but you're also able to do essentially what you want. Kudos.

Edited by DJ N00bslayer

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

Thank you! I decided I'd take aspects from other CYOAs such as Ler's, while keeping control so that it isn't completely dependant of feedback, that way I can insert random comedy, such as the acroynms. This way readers can also give input without affecting the generality of the comic.UPDATE:I plan on making this a daily or ever other day(ly). Everytime I miss a comic without reason I give you permission to encourage me to do better.No really, don't let me slack off, pm me, email me, status me for all I care.

Looks quite promising, I like it. I like the idea of it being CYOA but also not entirely dependent on commands. I also like how it appears that these comics might be daily (?). Anyway, good set of characters, awesome kit, interesting 'story'. Now lets move onto visuals.Visuals are quite nice although there are some things that I might want to point out. The text seems a little too big, I'd suggest lowering the size of it a little so that more text may be added. The size of the sprite is also quite big, not sure if that is a pro or a con, I guess we'll find out in the future. The background is alright. The main thing that bothered me about the comic was how Vince's body looked in the last panel, the rotation looked like it was done on a white canvas and then later applied to the comic. Might help to rotate in a transparent canvas or transparent layer instead, because at the moment it looks quite sloppy. Anyway, I can't say much about the graphics since there really is only one comic, but I'll stay tuned and also send a command every now and then.Nice job on the comic and keep up the good work,~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Thanks everyone!Yes, the Vince's body wasn't brushed up in gimp since I had to go and I REALLY wanted to release the first comic. And The reason I decided to make them so big was because they look really odd sized down on the background, and I wanted an emphasis on, well, me. Mostly due to the fact that they are locked in a room. A closet really, which will be explained, when(if) they break out.I am already working on episode 2, with my first AEP (ATTEMPTED escape plan) sent in by DJ N00bslayer. I loved the idea so much that I have to put it out as soon as possible!SPEAK OF THE DEVIL! ITS HERE! THE NEXT EPISODE :biggrin:Really high ceiling.Title has nothing to do with the plot, but it will amke sense when you see the third panel :PI will also post a comic when an ATTEMPT is sent, so that way I will have reason to post daily or have even more then one comic a day.Now I'm going to make a character sheet. Some authors you know might be on it, which will be explained later about my universe.Such as, Soran, DJ, and Ler for starters, if they don't mind of course, and I'll even make the kit myself if they want me to :PAnyway, tune in next time to see if our intrepid heroes make it out of the ROD (room of doom).Thank you ladies(?) and gents, until next time!

Edited by -Windrider-

I gotta say, I love that comic. Not just because it was my idea (though it helps) but because I really do like the way it was executed. Rather funny. :)'Oh, them scientists! Isn't they wacky?'

i know what youre thinking, whos gonna care what shoes shes wearing but BELIEVE ME, WOMEN notice

NEW COMIC!Ta-WahiVince is good at using his head, how else would he have gotten out?Time for another ATTEMPT!Now, first come first serve, just to put that out there (unless a certain n00bzlayer starts getting greedy :psychotwitch:)Just decide on how the crew and the recently discovered Soran get to Ta-Wahi!We have just one more PGS ATM to get to, and its up to you on how we do it!

I'll be honest I don't totally get what you're doing here with the CYOA style but I do like the comics themselves.
When a situation arises, I ask the audiance what they want they characters to ATTEMPT to do. So for example you'd pm me a way out of a burning building and they would TRY to do so. Now, I like having control, so I might make them fail :P

I'll just keep this short since I'm busy.Graphics have improved a lot since I last checked up on these. I also like the tiny details you put in things such as the character walking in the background (comic 3) which normally most people wouldn't bother to do. The comics are as usual, very entertaining, the jokes are good, you added me in the series, everything looks great.Doesn't mean the series is without flaws though. There are things that I think could be improved, some of them are very tiny details while others are larger. Anyway, one of the things that I think might help is to pay more attention to the speech bubbles. So far in all of these comics that feature speech bubbles, theres always one bubble that appears messed up. It looks like you're trying to first make the bubble and then the 'tail' is added on later. Here is something I suggest you should do which might help in the future.Create whatever text you are going to be using for the bubble as usual. Make sure that the text is centered. If you look in the Text tool in the tool box, you will see in its menu that there is something that says "Justify" with a Highlighted "button" right next to it. Click the 3rd "button" from the left, this should make it centered.Next you need to use the ellipse tool and create the "bubble" around it as usual. Then, go to the Free Select tool in the tool box, and you should see something that says "Mode" with a highlighted "Button" right next to it. Click the 2nd one from the left and you should be on "Add to current selection".Then create the tail inside the bubble (You shouldn't have filled anything in with color yet), this will create the speech bubble selection. Then you do the usual, Edit > Fill with FG/BG (Whatever has the outline of the bubble you want), then Select > Shrink > By 1, then back to Edit > Fill with FG/BG (Whatever has the inside of the bubble you want).A lot easier then I might've made it sound. Anyway, another thing I feel seems to be lacking is explanations. There aren't really any actual explanation in the comic of what happened. When I went from Comic 2 to Comic 3 I thought I skipped something. Where did DJ come from, weren't they just in a room, were they always in Ta-Wahi? It might help to explain things better in later comics. And the last thing I feel that seems to be lacking is the background quality. It isn't really anything major though since your characters rarely stay in one place for long so far, so its really nothing. Anyway, so far, awesome work on the comics. There are a bit of things that I feel seem to negate from the rest of the comics, but either way in the end I still feel this is a great series and I hope to see it continue on.~Soran

soran_banner_1_by_soarinskies-d9ibpyf.pngsoran_banner_2_by_soarinskies-d9ibq3p.pngsoran_banner_3_by_soarinskies-d9ibq87.pngsoran_banner_4_by_soarinskies-d9ibqcq.png

Thanks! And yes, there have been some patches where things don't flow from one thing to the other, but now that I have some constructive criticism, I can work to better the comics!And thanks for the speech bubble help!Hey everyone!No, not a new comic, yet.Just want to announce that I'm working on a new comic (duh), but its a special one!More panels! More characters! More PGS's! More backgrounds! Ta-Wahi! Soran flying!So, I'm working on six panels at a time, meaning I make six panels, add any effects and words, then put it in the comic, repeat.I'll be introducing Bioboy (Tenuk) and Terra Nuva.Creating new characters (Titan Guard is one) as well as making Ta-Wahi! One...stinking...panel...at a time... :PAnyway, it should be up this evening or tomorrow morning, depends on if anything pops up.EDIT: I am currently done with 12 panels, going onto 18, this will be my longest comic ever, I'll try not to make it super long though, gotta use suspense!

Edited by -Windrider-

Oooh! the citeh! Wut majikul tings wil beh rveeld? D:But yeah, awesome comic. Can't wait to see what happens next (although I'm sure somebody somewhere already has an idea; such is the nature of CYOA).

Won a suit and tie for no reason explainable reason, that was funny. :biggrin:And I see your character has a new appearance.

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

Oh jeez, I'm working over time, aren't I?A new siggy/banner, a new avatar, ANOTHER PGSCooler than SoranSo yeah, my friend (who can't be named for AWESOME reasons) is now part of this. The comic labels all yall for her sake. And I couldn't help it, ya know? When your bestfriend actually likes the comics you make for a fan forum, I mean come on, who wouldn't seize the oppurtunity?So, thank you Abby Kalki for agreeing to be part if this, even if I sorta made it more of a "surprise, I'm putting you on the interent, sorta".And Soran, you set yourself up for that last panel, in you comic where you asked ME (of all people) for dating advice (in a comic, but still :P)Silly Soran, silly silly Soran.

Thanks :biggrin: I'd tell you guys what she thinks, but shes obviously not here :PSorry for no updates, I've been busy. Also, no new comics until two weeks from now.And don't get any ideas about "Kalki" and myself. Don't even THINK about it.Anyway, I have yet another PGS to give you all (to eat). Say hi to Bulik everyone!

Edited by -Windrider-

I lied.i'm making as many shorts as I can.All will be 3 panels. This will go on tonight as long as my parents let me use the laptop and tomorrow morning until I leave.In my head.All these will also be about Facade and how he sees everything.I've been having a wierd day, it was great then bad then good and now I;m so happy its absurd. Enjoy it while it lasts.Oh, and current story is paused of course, since this all actually takes place within a few minutes of "normal" time.Like narnia.

Thats the last time I leave Neo in charge of the house while I go and visit a friend of mine. #####. Just kidding (Although I totally did really visit you and got rejected and now I'm sad). I like the narnia idea thing (Although I've never seen narnia or even know any part of the story besides the fact that there is an awesome talking lion named george in it) its pretty cool to have storyline comics and then just random ones. ~Soran

These sort of have a story, but just to show how strange Facade is.I might only be able to make one more, since I made a new character who will be very reacurring.If I do get more than one and its too late at night for anyone to post, I'll just put them all in the same post.Also, I might try to bring this laptop to Minnesota to work on these in my free time there, buuut, no promises.YAY!TWO MORE!Lazuras RisingandI am you, and you are me.

Hey guys. I've decided that every 10-20 episodes will be a season. So, for the next season we will be fast forwarding a bit through time, all time lord like and such, maybe. Anyway, the computer here isn't good enough to make comics, but I will be making Bulik's sprite, as well as a few new sprite forms for myself.Comics will resume next Sunday, possibly Saturday, depending on when I get home.Same goes for Rift.

Edited by Facade

Oh my....You're so PURPLE! :DAnd it seems you are changing to Chimoru R. Soran is nearing his goal of taking over ArtIII with his kit. Gorilla Grod help us all...