S.A.D. Robot

Stealth and Destruction Robot (but it is also quite unhappy.) Maybe it just needs a hug.7705900482_47b15d5827_n.jpg(Links to bigger photo)SideAlternate AngleGallery (When Public)FlickrSince two of my MOCs are over at Brickfair, my black parts are fairly limited now, so I decided to use some of my dark grey parts for a quick MOC before I go on a little vacation. I really wanted to use the legs in some sort of MOC, so I was lad that I finished this in time.The MOC itself is a balancing act, I had to add the small laser-things on it's underside, and make sure that they were long enough so that this didn't fall over backwards.

Edited by Black Six

The build of this is great and the "sad face" is cute and cool at the same time. The colors are also pretty good. I can't think up of any flaws so, great job on this!
Thank you! Glad you like the MOC.
Nice colours and great, detailed build. He looks a bit menacing, and the sad face is cool, and it makes me feel sorry for the poor guy.
Thanks, maybe he's sad that his color scheme isn't very helpful for being stealthy? :(

that's awesome! reminds me of an at-at. but ya know, with different colors, and a shorter head and no cockpit... you know it's not much like that at all...great job though!

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I have No Arms And I Must HugIt's cute, but how well is it articulated? The pictures show it in just a single pose and it looks almost like the legs can't actually bend.

Thanks, maybe he's sad that his color scheme isn't very helpful for being stealthy? :(
Clearly it's to throw his enemies of his trail.

Is it strange to be annoyed that other people are using my color?

Y'all know who you are.

califlag.png

that's awesome! reminds me of an at-at. but ya know, with different colors, and a shorter head and no cockpit... you know it's not much like that at all...great job though!
Haha, maybe it must feel different from the normal At-Ats :P Thanks!
I have No Arms And I Must HugIt's cute, but how well is it articulated? The pictures show it in just a single pose and it looks almost like the legs can't actually bend.
Clearly it's to throw his enemies of his trail.
It's the ironic truth :( The legs can bend a little, and the shoulder area works well too. But it can't really maintain it's balance if I alter it too much from this pose :P Since the body weight is leaning forward, while the natural way for it to fall is backwards.Good point, no one would expect to be attacked by a large orange and grey robot in the middle of the night.

The color scheme is a complete win. It works very well, and maybe he is so stealthy...he doesn't need a stealthy color scheme. :lol:The build is very solid, with the pieces and color evenly spaced. The use of a Hero Factory chest piece as his back is exellent, as is the thick look of his legs.But the upside down Kanohi is the best part, it really gives the MOC personality.

daringsig.png

"Remember the Heart of NINJAGO."
I might eat you if you get too close >:3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow... just, WOW. The colors are perfectly layered. The build is solid, cohesive, and consistent. The proportions are sublime, as are the textures. The guns look great with the all-connector barrel (though might it look better if the round ones were replaced with some axle double-connectors like the two that follow, so that the groove is continuous?). I wish there were some pictures of the back, though. Also, the eyes could use some trans-blue (maybe use a System disk or even a clickits sheet (star-shaped, I think) or perhaps just some plastic lying around cut into the right shape to fit behind the mask). Again, truly fantastic work.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

• 2 weeks later...
This is a fantastic MOC. The shaping of the legs and body is exemplary. The colour scheme is bright, but not obnoxiously so. And the who;e thing is well proportioned and constructed.9.9/10
Thank you! I tried to pick a color that would work well with the dark grey base, and I felt orange gave the right amount of "pop" to it.
The color scheme is a complete win. It works very well, and maybe he is so stealthy...he doesn't need a stealthy color scheme. :lol:The build is very solid, with the pieces and color evenly spaced. The use of a Hero Factory chest piece as his back is exellent, as is the thick look of his legs.But the upside down Kanohi is the best part, it really gives the MOC personality.
Haha, that could work too :P Thanks.Glad you like it, that's what I was going for.
I like it, the sad face was cool, same to be said with the color pattern.
Thank you!
Wow... just, WOW. The colors are perfectly layered. The build is solid, cohesive, and consistent. The proportions are sublime, as are the textures. The guns look great with the all-connector barrel (though might it look better if the round ones were replaced with some axle double-connectors like the two that follow, so that the groove is continuous?). I wish there were some pictures of the back, though. Also, the eyes could use some trans-blue (maybe use a System disk or even a clickits sheet (star-shaped, I think) or perhaps just some plastic lying around cut into the right shape to fit behind the mask). Again, truly fantastic work.a_peace.png
Thanks bro! I'm glad that you like the build.The guns are actually more of a weight to prevent this from falling, so I didn't put too much work into them. Maybe that would have looked better though. And sorry, didn't get to take many back shots. And the ones I did get were useless =/There isn't any room to add something for eyes, so I kinda relied on the shadow behind the mask to give the eyes a black look. so it would show it. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

S.A.D. Robot! Now in day-glo orange, lime green, and hot pink! Buy now!Heck, he could have tiger stripes for all I care; he'd still look awesome. One thing that's bugging me, though, and I can't figure out why, are the round System plates on his shoulders. They just don't really fit with the rest of the build, and they really popped out at me when I first saw the picture. Maybe it's just me, but who knows?

banner.jpg

couple of things,1: the news article doesnt have a link to this actual topic, but luckily searching you came up with this topic lol2: its a great color scheme, and for those who say orange isnt stealthy, i would like to point out that tigers are, in fact, orange, they are that color to blend in with orange grasses, so the same general principle could apply here3: while it is extremely well put together, i think that it would pay off in the long run if you could redesign its knees and hips so it could actually move, because this would be great to do action scenes and RPG esque things with other bionicles (such as staging an attack between the S.A.D. and the Nektann)4: ??5: Profit.lol all in all good work broEDIT:: forgot to say that i really like the feet on this, look really well put together, but i again cite the movement issue lol

Edited by We Are _G.R.I.D_

my_card.jpg

credit to Bonesiii for the av,

credit to xecha for the template for the card, but I did all the work on it, thank you very much!

credit to taka nuvia (or her current name) for the original skullbud .2 file of which i edited,

to make the thing you see in my sign-off, if/when i use them

I am the who when you ask; "Who's there?" I am the wind blowing through your hair

I am the shadow on the moon at night, Filling your dreams to the brim with fright

I am The Darkness underneath your bed, I am the thoughts inside your head

Who Am I, You Ask? I Am One Of Many, And Many Are The _G.R.I.D_

WE ARE _G.R.I.D_ AND OUR TIME HAS COME

I have No Arms And I Must Hug
:superfunny:Lord', that's a good looking and perhaps overly depressed robot. I love how smooth the whole thing looks, especially with the disks on the legs and the HF parts. I almost didn't see those Bohrok limbs on the feet, they sort of look like they can move like an accordion(the instrument) and keep balance for the bot. Or maybe they're part of a big boot, and the bot moves about by it's wheels? Guns are great, always- and the blue really looks nice against the orange. And I love orange, especially in that mask(great choice by the way), which is reason enough to hug the S.A.D little bot.. before it blows my arm off or something. :PI have got to try a build like this.

Well, here's a robot who could use some love. Right off of the bat, I have to say that his color scheme is very snazzy, and you managed to keep it extremely consistent based off of the pictures (only orange and Metru blue parts visible, as far as I can tell). His body is rather basic, but the Hero chest armor flows well into the head, and I like the tube you've got coming up from his underbelly. Speaking of which, his long guns are a nice touch in that they fill in the gap he otherwise would have had from lack of arms. Also, I've never seen the axle-holed connectors in that shade of blue before -- what set are those from?Regarding his legs, those circular pieces at the bottom look great, as they resemble wheels. The overall rounded shape achieved by the small Hero armor panels is very reminiscent of your Xerox MOC, which isn't a bad thing. I do wonder whether his legs can actually move, since they seem rather rigid, but as far as their position goes it seems to be fine.Lastly, the head. I myself have always thought the upside-down Ruru looked remarkably like a theatre mask of tragedy, and you've gotten that long face (not literally, the Ruru is very compact :P ) down perfectly. As far as the lack of eyes is concerned, though, the bright blue gun tips almost seem like disembodied eyes, based on how bright they are in his pictures!As a whole, this is a neat little MOC, who has some nice shapes and a flashy color scheme to boot. Keep up the good work!~B~

Thought this topic was going to die, instead it made the front page? xD That is pretty surprising.

I like it; I've always been partial to orange and black when done well, and you've done it well. Plus, the fact that it has no arms but seriously tank legs is awesome.-ibrow
It's actually dark-bley (and some dark-grey), not black ;) Thank you!
S.A.D. Robot! Now in day-glo orange, lime green, and hot pink! Buy now!Heck, he could have tiger stripes for all I care; he'd still look awesome. One thing that's bugging me, though, and I can't figure out why, are the round System plates on his shoulders. They just don't really fit with the rest of the build, and they really popped out at me when I first saw the picture. Maybe it's just me, but who knows?
Yes, stalk your enemies with these obnoxious robots.The system plates are used to give the upper arms some shape, I didn't want them to appear too bulky, otherwise making the lower legs seem too thin.
couple of things,1: the news article doesnt have a link to this actual topic, but luckily searching you came up with this topic lol2: its a great color scheme, and for those who say orange isnt stealthy, i would like to point out that tigers are, in fact, orange, they are that color to blend in with orange grasses, so the same general principle could apply here3: while it is extremely well put together, i think that it would pay off in the long run if you could redesign its knees and hips so it could actually move, because this would be great to do action scenes and RPG esque things with other bionicles (such as staging an attack between the S.A.D. and the Nektann)4: ??5: Profit.lol all in all good work broEDIT:: forgot to say that i really like the feet on this, look really well put together, but i again cite the movement issue lol
Yeah, I sent a report to fix that, the link on the topic doesn't work, yet the one on the front page does O_oThat's a good point, maybe we know the terrain for this!Thanks, glad you like the feet. The knees can somewhat bend, but I do agree that they aren't the best things for mobility. Thanks again.
I have No Arms And I Must Hug
:superfunny:Lord', that's a good looking and perhaps overly depressed robot. I love how smooth the whole thing looks, especially with the disks on the legs and the HF parts. I almost didn't see those Bohrok limbs on the feet, they sort of look like they can move like an accordion(the instrument) and keep balance for the bot. Or maybe they're part of a big boot, and the bot moves about by it's wheels?Guns are great, always- and the blue really looks nice against the orange. And I love orange, especially in that mask(great choice by the way), which is reason enough to hug the S.A.D little bot.. before it blows my arm off or something. :PI have got to try a build like this.
Indeed.Thank you! Yeah, I guess they are somewhat reminiscent of an accordion, in some way. Those weren't really intended to be wheels, they're just there as part of the foot.Thanks, I felt that the contrasting color would've added some depth. Instead of trans-green, or trans-red.Have fun building it! :) I'm not making any instructions though, cause this guy has been taken apart for quite a while.
Well, here's a robot who could use some love. Right off of the bat, I have to say that his color scheme is very snazzy, and you managed to keep it extremely consistent based off of the pictures (only orange and Metru blue parts visible, as far as I can tell). His body is rather basic, but the Hero chest armor flows well into the head, and I like the tube you've got coming up from his underbelly. Speaking of which, his long guns are a nice touch in that they fill in the gap he otherwise would have had from lack of arms. Also, I've never seen the axle-holed connectors in that shade of blue before -- what set are those from?Regarding his legs, those circular pieces at the bottom look great, as they resemble wheels. The overall rounded shape achieved by the small Hero armor panels is very reminiscent of your Xerox MOC, which isn't a bad thing. I do wonder whether his legs can actually move, since they seem rather rigid, but as far as their position goes it seems to be fine.Lastly, the head. I myself have always thought the upside-down Ruru looked remarkably like a theatre mask of tragedy, and you've gotten that long face (not literally, the Ruru is very compact :P ) down perfectly. As far as the lack of eyes is concerned, though, the bright blue gun tips almost seem like disembodied eyes, based on how bright they are in his pictures!As a whole, this is a neat little MOC, who has some nice shapes and a flashy color scheme to boot. Keep up the good work!~B~
Another one falls for the color scheme, haha. It's actually dark-bley (and dark-grey) and orange, no metru blue here ;) And it actually is only made with those color parts, excluding some pins and axles.Thanks! Yeah, there is a big similarity there, almost the exact same shape as the feet from Xerox, I never intended for that originally xD The knees are the only parts that have trouble, they can only bend so far. The shoulder-ish area works wonderfull though, along with the feet.Ah yes, it does look like something that can be found at the theatre, the expression does wonders. You can consider the blue parts eyes, that also can shoot lasers :P I tried to have a shadow behind the mask, to somewhat give the sense of a screen behind the mask, but that is just me being artsy. Thanks Ballom!