Why Not?

Justax-Kal

header.pngNew BZP, new series. I honestly did nothing over the break, so I just threw this together. We'll see how the series goes.1.) A Bum's Life2.) No Rest for the Dreary3.) Author Reveal4.) Are You Getting This?5.) The Nature of Character6.) You're On Your Own7.) Sorry About the Wait8.) Mission 1PSA 1.) No More Deadlines9.) Mr. MooseHoliday Special 1.) CHRISTMAS!10.) Moving On11.) Keeping it Unknown12.) Following in My Footstepsngca.pngCredit: Dark709, Gerlicky, Philbert, and myself.J-K out. Edited by Justax-Kal

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Cal: So wait, what am I copying? I'm going to hate myself when I find out.And why not use "Why not?"? I honestly just needed something to name the folder when I put this together last night. First thing that popped into my head. The main idea for the series didn't come until last night after I made the first comic. Comes from a quote from one of my friends, "Ask not why, ask why not." It's his response when every we ask him why he did something stupid. Darc:That is a scary thought. I'm using it later on. Also, new one.No Rest for the Dreary J-K out.

Edited by Justax-Kal

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

King Joe: Thanks. I didn't know that line would be taken so well.Tapika: Thanks for the advice. His back story is going to be very... weird. It'll make more sense tomorrow, and then the sense that it made will likely get thrown away by next week. And comic.Author Reveal J-K out.

Edited by Justax-Kal

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

I like how you're trying to lean on the fourth wall, but it seems like you're trying to emulate the PRCT (Photo-Realistic Comic Technique) without actually doing it. Remember, just using photos for backgrounds doesn't make it look realistic. Try adding shading on the sprite (I use a combination of hue/saturation and the light source filter) and shadows (copy the sprite, flip it, fill it with place, angle it and then blur and lower the opacity) to make the sprites actually look like he fits into the photo instead of just being pasted onto it. I initially thought the punchline was a little lackluster, but then I realized that this was the premise for the whole series, so that's a bit better.

King Joe: Thanks. I didn't know that line would be taken so well.Tapika: Thanks for the advice. His back story is going to be very... weird. It'll make more sense tomorrow, and then the sense that it made will likely get thrown away by next week. And comic.comic_003.pngAuthor Reveal J-K out.

That was the perfect answer. PERFECT! XD :superfunny: Edited by Calvirick

Darc: Yep, the author (who for all important purposes, can be me) didn't give much thought into this series. He just grabbed a sprite and some old pictures he took and got to work. He/I just wanted to get this up and see how it went. I don't know if I actually will name him...Kahi: I've done the Photo-Realistic method a few times, and it always took too long for the deadline. I'm probably going to go more in depth graphics-wise later on, but for now, I want to keep it nice but simple. Soon as the hobo leaves the "park", things will probably get better.Cal: I only wish it worked in real life as well... J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Joe and Chuck: Yeah, I figure this will be an interesting take on all the typical author concepts and jokes.Garda: Thanks man. Like all my best ideas, it came to me in the bathroom.Shad: Dude, you founded the NGC. If that isn't flair, what is? I should probably post these in the early mornings on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday for a while since I've got play practice and soccer.http://www.majhost.com/gallery/justax/WhyNot/comic_004.pngDo not post images over 500kB in size on BZPower. -B6Are You Getting This?Just realized, I used the wrong font there. Oh well. J-K out.

Edited by Black Six

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

I'm finding the humor here to be a little lackluster... the punchlines lack kick and you don't have very engaging characters (yet). I must say that I do appreciate the aesthetic of the series, even though you don't use PRCT as effectively as some other authors (Nuparurocks, Dokuma, etc.). I also find it interesting that you're using philosophy for humorous purposes - the only other comic series that I know of that did that is Calvin & Hobbes by Bill Watterson. Overall, I'd say this series isn't quite working for me yet, but it has the potential to be really, really good. Heck, I hated Community when it debuted and now it's one of the funniest shows on television.

calvin_and_hobbes_under_tree.jpg

Toa Spirit: I think it was "Kal Stories". And thanks, I think I fixed it. And I do plan on doing this under the NGC. I just need to find the banner, for now, please accept the giant font.Cal: Thank you. It means a lot.TMF: I admit that the characters aren't set well. I'm waiting for next week to start planing/implementing that. And the same thing with the graphics. I can do them well, but it takes too long for a daily scheduled for me. Calvin & Hobbes was my favorite series as a kid. We'll see how you like it as it progresses then. I appreciate the constructive criticism. You're On Your Own Finally, removing the images due to regulations. Sorry guys, I need to review those. J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired

Here you goAlso, have any of you seen LNU, LL, X, Garda or Terton since BZP came back up? If they are back can somebody please point them out to me.

Hey Spirit.. How's it going..? It's going good..? That's great! Thanks for noticed me!

And.. That's pretty funny. I like how his name is bum.

Guess who's back?

(>^.^)> It's Magic. ~(._.~)

Not me.

Hey. Pretty good comics you've got here. Might I suggest a character sheet, at some point? It would help readers like myself, who have never really payed attention to your comics before, become a bit more familiar with the characters. On a side note, the old lady in the most recent comic is awesome. If she isn't already, you should make her a regular character.

naw man

Why have a charactor sheet?We have a random hobo, the author, and random people who give hobo a hard time.

Oh, I understand now. I just didn't realize that he was a hobo when he said "it's your fault I lost my job three years ago."So, yeah, nevermind about the character sheet.

Why have a charactor sheet?We have a random hobo, the author, and random people who give hobo a hard time.

Oh, I understand now. I just didn't realize that he was a hobo when he said "it's your fault I lost my job three years ago."So, yeah, nevermind about the character sheet.

naw man

You know the Chimoru-Kal Kit that your using (im using it too in my Comics) is there an expanded one like showing a back view and more poses? :???: and hows the new Comic coming along?

Edited by Matoran Oneker

2020 STATUS UPDATE:

If you've come across any of my topics such, as my comic series which are now lost, I just want to say is I have since DISOWNED them as of 2020. Looking back at them I'm no longer proud of what I've made here on BZPower.

You know the Chimoru-Kal Kit that your using (im using it too in my Comics) is there an expanded one like showing a back view and more poses? :???: and hows the new Comic coming along?

... You know that Justax made that Chimoru Kal, right? XD Edited by Zerothemaster

Okay, here's the links to Chimoru-Kal. Bodies. Masks. I might make more one day (redo the Toa, more spinnies, more masks). And here's the new comic.Sorry About the WaitSorry it took so long. Play practice is starting to pick up. I can't promise there will be comics daily until mid-November. Until then, I'll try my best. J-K out.

chimkalsig.png
Sort of retired