Chess Set

Sumiki

Been a while since I posted a topic, and it's been forever since I've been in this forum. The best way to get activity, though, is to start topics ... for no one can post in a forum lacking topics.This is a little something that I've been working on for a good while, but only recently did I purchase the parts needed to complete it.

7782860130_eaab85e245_z.jpg7782879982_f104661b80_t.jpg | 7782891750_9f306e5d8f_t.jpg | 7782900300_fa9a6da780_t.jpg

Pictures of the individual pieces can be taken upon request.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Great work Sumi! I really like the King's "crown", as well as the way you make the Bishops narrow gradually (that special little single-stud is really nice). However, the Rooks look a bit awkward with the incredibly large tops. Any way to make it more compact?

No teal? :PI like the work on this chess set, and LEGO chess sets in all are awesome. The bishops are nice, but like Paleo said, the rooks could be a bit smaller at the top. Also, could there be a way to make the knights look a bit more horse-like? Overall, nice job. Have you played on it yet?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Great work Sumi! I really like the King's "crown", as well as the way you make the Bishops narrow gradually (that special little single-stud is really nice). However, the Rooks look a bit awkward with the incredibly large tops. Any way to make it more compact?
The bishops don't have a single stud on the top - it's actually a black lightsaber-sword part. The cones fit them perfectly.The rooks don't look too bad in person, but I can see where you're going with the cumbersomeness. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them down to 3x3 at the top without them looking completely unrecognizable. :P As it is, they only have a problem when next to a knight.
No teal? :PI like the work on this chess set, and LEGO chess sets in all are awesome. The bishops are nice, but like Paleo said, the rooks could be a bit smaller at the top. Also, could there be a way to make the knights look a bit more horse-like? Overall, nice job. Have you played on it yet?
DANG IT, NOW I NEED TO MAKE A TEAL AND PURPLE CHESS SETI suppose I overdid the stylization on the knights. I suppose I could try bullnose bricks, but I'm not sure if they come in black and white. I don't think I'm very good at building in confined spaces, but I'll keep tinkering with it to see if I can come up with something a bit more realistic.Yes, I have indeed played on it. I've beaten my dad and my dad has beaten me - though I'm proud to say that, for the first time in my life, the former is more common than the latter.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg