OOC: Oh right, I knew i was forgetting something XD

IC: Iron Man - USMARIID -

Howard could have simply flown high enough to evade the zombies, if he had really wished too, but where would the fun in that be? Howard came charged down at the nearest zombie, swinging a left hook and then following with a repulsor blast from his right.

363513066_tobecont.png.5b057f495e0794e9450207c84546738e.png
My Bzprpg ProfilesGhosts of Bara Magna

Skyra | Hakari | Oceanna | Taleen | Arisaka | Zanakra | Kaminari | Drakkar

IC: Alex

Alex let out a long sigh, as he watched Dallas make his getaway. He rather expected it, but it was still frustrating. He'd used an obvious diversionary tactic, an attempted distraction.

Well. Nothing to be done about it for now. The technopath turns to Julia, a mock stern look on his face. "No being depressed. Not allowed. I had enough of watching depression in the past two months to last a lifetime."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

IC: Knight

Knight fired a blinding flash of light at Ben followed by a laser to his gut. He spared a glance around and saw that Noel was down. 'I better finish this fast before I'm fighting two mutants.' He thought and started gathering light for a large attack.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: Alex

A quiet laugh preceded Alex's response. "If it were as easy as that, there would be far fewer cases of depression." The technopath gently pulled her into a hug. "Tell you what. If you feel depressed, come find me. I'm almost always awake, even at night, so just come find me. We can watch a movie or something."

"Better than being depressed by yourself, right?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

IC: Julia, Shaw

"Yeah," she said, resting her head on his shoulder, "yeah, it is. Thanks."

Shaw raised an eyebrow, but thanks to Wyatt's powers, he understood. He let out a sigh, as if distressed.

"Alright," he said, then hung up.

He turned to everyone else, and clapped his hands together.

"So," he said, "who wants to go hurt some SHIELD agents?"

Meanwhile, in the Hellfire labs, one of the brainwashed grunts dropped a vial. He didn't know what it was, only that he had been ordered to bring it to Novocain. He froze as a black, viscous liquid spilled out onto the floor, then began to ripple and shift, as if it were alive. Then, the thing leaped from the floor and wrapped itself around his face...

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: White Queen (USMARIID)

“I’m sure a hostage will be useful,” she grinned as she knocked out the blonde hero. She dashed forward grabbing the fallen Noel and clutching her in her arms, but leaving the shield on the pavement near splashes of Noel’s blood, as a sign that she was gone. She summoned her vampire speed and charged away from the battle. “Ben take me back to the mansion, now!” she said over her com-link.

IC: Romulus (Hellfire Mansion)

“I’m sure we all do,” he said stepping forward. “We need to move forward with Fenris soon, we have the sorcerer, now we will only need a way to force him to do what he must.”

IC: Novocain (Hellfire Labs)

Dr. Novocain was busy isolating a sample of the virus when he heard glass break, and then the scream of one of his brainwashed scientists. He looked to see the black liquid attaching itself to the man's face. "How fun, it seems it is alive." he said. "Let's see how it reacts to some fire." he said as he pressed a button and jets popped down from the roof before spraying flames at the man and the black liquid.

IC: Dallas (Institute, Westchester)

"Ahh, yes. The Big Mac: one of the biggest victories for Big Business in a generation. After all, how could someone not enjoy the positively euphoric feeling of pink slime, frozen bun, dehydrated tomato, and diluted crunching between their teeth?"

I saw John's face twist up in confusion and turned back to Ashley, who watched the display with a somewhat nervous look: whether it was because of the woods or my...unusual...attitude, I wasn't sure.

"Your woods will be fine. It's a controlled burn."

-Tyler

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

IC: Ashley - Institute, Westchester -

"Oh, that's good." Ashley said, somewhat relieved, though the way Dallas was acting was a bit strange and caught her off guard.

"Um...I prefer a Wendy's salad?" She said, hoping to change the topic, especially if it was about meat.

Edited by Snelly

IC Gamemaster"... he just hung up on me," Wyatt stammered, pretending to be surprised. While he was keeping up the act, he started scanning Shaw's energy signature. If he could succesfully establish a link, he'd be able to see and hear whatever Shaw was seeing and hearing. And man, he did not want to miss what was about to happen.

IC: Julia"A lot, actually," Julia replied, "our old pal Quicksilver killed a reporter on live television, then some weird commandos attacked the mansion very briefly, and from what I heard on the news, the Enforcers have been duking it out with the Brotherhood since about noon yesterday."She paused."Oh, yeah, and the POTUS's daughter has been messing with everyone. I think she tried to feed Dallas drugged brownies."

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: Christopher Hailey:

"I don't really own clothes. One of the advantages of being a Shape-Shifter is that I can generate clothes from myself," He noted the some-what grossed-out look on Christine's face, "Don't worry. It's not as freaky as it sounds. My cousin told me that our Grandmother could do the same thing. Don't mind if I sit here..."

He sat down on the edge of her bed, looking strait at his sister's eyes, "I want to know... Why is this version of me so weird? He doesn't talk, not to me anyway. He's scared of my Mom, and whenever he does talk, he sounds like either a *****, or a jerk. I'm asking you that, because unlike him, I'm not like that. And I know that he probably has talked to you about that."

IC: Balrog:

Balrog quickly stepped back after the pole was yanked from his hands, and picked up another wooden crate, igniting it and throwing it at Nick.

Edited by Varren Rehn

IC: Alex"..... I was going to ask what power, but I don't think I want to know." Alex breathed deeply, his grin widening. "Oh, man, it's good to be able to breathe some fresh air without being shot at."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Being only shambling undead puppets, the strikes Iron Man delivered were more than enough to begin thrashing the crowd. The two he attacked crumpled as if having their strings cut.The remaining undead, however, did not slow, swinging and clawing at Iron Man even as they stepped over or upon the fallen.

~Totally like a boomerang. I always come back. Just never when you want me to.~

IC: Shaw

"Right, then," Shaw said, "let's load the trucks."

About five large, black transport trucks were parked outside. The soldiers began loading the trucks with weapons, then packed themselves in. As soon as everyone and everything was loaded, the trucks drove off, heading for the address Wyatt had given them.

OOC: If you want to participate in the ambush, just RP your character getting on one of the trucks before they took off.

IC: Mayday

"If you're done," I told Wyatt, "go talk to that officer in white. He'll bring you to the medical bay."

67tlbk.png

IC: Both unconscious and unable to formulate her own thoughts, Liberty was easy prey. Song's mind and consciousness flowed into Noel's like a slime mould on a dead branch, creeping and oozing into every corner. There was no resistance, no stopping her. All that was left in Liberty's head were pretty light and colours and those were snuffed out one by one...

Then one flashed back on. A spotlight beaming down on an astral version of Liberty on the psychic plane. All around her, just blackness. And she felt so...tired. Like every single one of her seventy years was pressing down on her. Especially the action packed ones. Then some of the light from above coagulated into a human figure, a woman in white leathers and a face mask of blank expression. Everything about it said 'serene'. This was someone Liberty could trust. The woman in white cradled the fallen hero, gently running one hand through her hair.

"Oh poor you. You've fought so hard and yet accomplished so little. Fighting a war you know you can never win must be a terrible burden for a soldier. If that is what you are, and not some prancing show pony for the men to trot out whenever they need a calendar or some eye-candy for photoshoots." Song knew to go after the self-esteem first. Crack the ego and the id was yours to remake as you saw fit. She was careful not to use Liberty's name, real or code-name, as a tactic of belittling.

"Just relax. Rest in my arms a little." Setting herself up as a figure of security, authority, someone to be listened to and obeyed. As a continuation of that effect, Song had Liberty's astral double start to de-age, the body rapidly regressing to a teenage form-the sort of age where you aren't entirely responsible for your own actions and there are still adults to watch over you. However the costume she wore stayed fitted for an adult, baggy and clown-like on her downsized body. It should create a dissociation between her subconscious and her superhero identity, crumbling the foundations of her inner strength.

"Keeping all those secrets in your head must be such a strain. All those whirling thoughts must weight you down so terribly," Song pulled the increasingly youthful Liberty closer so she could whisper in her victims ear. The feelings of intimacy and closeness should help to make the helplessness stick, which would help the brainwashing in the long term. "So here's what we're going to do. At certain points I will make contact with you, and say the phrase 'pack all your troubles in your old kit bag'. And when you hear my voice-and only my voice-say that, you will tell me everything I want to know. Do you understand?" She mussed the now child-Liberty's hair, "and when you do, the burden of all those secrets will be lifted. You will feel so wonderfully light-headed and rested. So much so that you will forget ever having had the conversation with me. It will have floated right out of your pretty little head."

Noel was now young and small enough that Song could pick her up, which she did. It would amplify all Liberty's feelings of being unable to do anything herself, of being in someone else's care and-by that same token-authority.

"And one more thing. Since you're soooo tired we want you to have a nap every so often. It will be nap time when you hear this voice-and again, only this voice-say 'woman in white says go to sleep'. Hear this voice say that phrase and you will instantly drop unconscious, off in whatever happy little dream-world you choose."

She placed baby Noel down in the circle of light, costume wrapped round her like a blanket. "Now, woman in white says go to sleep." The baby stopped its wriggling and settled down into a peaceful slumber, and Song retreated into the darkness. Noel wouldn't remember this conversation, not consciously. As soon as she recovered from her physical beating she'd just carry on as normal. But it would stick like glue in her subconscious. The average human had at least seven dreams per night, they just never remembered them all, and with the little work on sleep at the end this scene should be one of the forgotten dreams, endlessly playing itself over in Noel's head when she slept, endlessly reminding her and reinforcing itself in her mind. As Song's mind withdrew into her own body she smirked to herself. Let Katherine have her hostage, Song preferred playing the long game. And a information link into the Avengers would be a very useful tool in the future...

OOC: I got permission from Snelly before turning Liberty into a Manchurian Candidate, in case anyone was wondering. If rawrmouse doesn't like it when he comes back we can work something out

IC: Humming "Deck the Halls" quietly to himself, Alec placed his hand on the central processing unit for the Danger Room, smiling as his robotic arm fused with the controls. He had trouble mimicking the Shi'ar hard light tech present in the DR's hardware, but the normal human software that actually made the hard light constructs in programme form first? Well those he could control just fine. He made a few tweaks here, a few modifications there...and anyone trying to use the DR from then on would have a Christmassy surprise. He'd installed a few lines of code that ensured any enemies generated would be wearing Santa hats. In case of the Sentinels it would actually be a robotic hat built into their metal skulls. All weaponry would be wrapped in tinsel and shoot rainbows. It was going to be great!

IC: "Morning," M'Kus answered, "Look, I-we," he corrected himself after his sister head-butted his knee, "We sort of have a favour to ask. For Krystal. You know she's been a bit down lately? We thought of something that might cheer her up."

7AOYGDJ.jpg

IC: Winter

"So you're a loner? Me too. I don't know where I'll go, but sure isn't here. These X-Men just seem sorta goody-goody to me." Winter caused spikes to grow out of the sides of the pillar and used them to climb down. As her feet hit the ground she said, "Well, thanks, whoever you are." she paused, than added. "And good luck."

OOC: Okay guys, I've got some bad news.

I'm quitting the RP.

I'm not going to go into reasons why, largely personal ones and a general lack of interest, it was fun while it lasted though.

Chao, don't touch my characters, they are just gone.

Edited by Snelly

OOC: Karzit, Snellz, ya beat me to it in here. But yeah.

I've just lost interest in the game...as well as a huge host of other reasons that I'm not going to go into detail here...it isn't really the place for it. Just know that I've been rather disappointed with the game as of late, partially because of myself, partially because of others. And with that, there's really no point at all in staying on with it, if only to watch it spiral farther down.

*puts on his fedora, grasps his cane*

Good day, gentlemen.

profiles i guess

i'm a south american giant otter now

IC: Dallas (Out of Sight, Out of Mind)

And so I did. I went home.

I'm not a fighter; I never have been. The life of a freedom fighter, at least in the sense of actually fighting and killing has never been, was not, and will never be for me. So I announced my intent to leave, dropped my X-Men related gadgetry, and did so. Do I feel guilty about it? Not at all: not when every time I'm out on a mission, I can feel the pain and the death caused by every faction on the battlefield, not when I wake up the next morning with bruises and scars both internal and external, not when I have to pull myself out of a near comatose state just to keep myself alive when my alarm clock rings.

So I dropped the X-Men like a nicotine addiction and went home to Cali. Ashley, as it turns out, wanted to come with me, which I was totally cool with - she's pretty adorable, we're really good friends, and it turns out that she loves California redwoods and weather just as much as I do.

So that's my story, then: for now, it'll end just as it began. A handsome guy, a pretty girl, and a bunch of dreams that, if you sleep long enough, pray hard enough, and always wear a beanie, might end up changing the world someday. Whoa, wait, really? The shoot's over?

Cool. Well. I guess I'm done, then.

-Tyler

Edited by Marlon Brando

SAY IT ONE MORE TIME 

TELL ME WHAT IS ON YOUR MIND

OOC: Bye you guys it's been fun playing with you.

IC: Knight

Knight was deeply annoyed that Ben had gotten away and that the Captain American girl was captured, but since the Avengers stood a much better chance at tracking her down then he did he decided to help them out. He saw that Iron Man had disappeared so he fired a laser net at the remaining zombies, unlike his first net this would not catch things, only cut them to pieces.

"I once thought that I was the only one who fantasized about Bionicle; that no one else could have that little of a life.

Then I went on BZPower.

biofighter_banner_platform.png

Just call me Taka or TNI

IC: NPC Novocain (Hellfire Lab)

Novocain cackled as the creature escaped into the vents. He continued pressing the button and showering the man in flames while he continued to scream until he fell still. “Stop drop and roll!” he cackled. “Should I tell Shaw the creature escaped?” Novocain mused. “Nah.” He decided before returning to his work.

IC: Feral (X-Manor)

“You make it sound so appetizing Cali,” he grinned. “What?” John asked Dallas when he said he wanted to return home. No matter what he did he couldn’t convince his best friend to stay, and just like that he was gone, driving down the road.

IC: Mimic (X-Manor)

“Oh…” she said. “I hope Chris doesn’t do that…” she said. She looked at him as he sat down. “Well something happened to him… something bad,” she said. “The Sarah in this world… she did terrible things to him, and he eventually killed her. I think she messed with his mind, or killing her injured him mentally, he has almost no normal memories of his own and knows next to nothing.”

IC: Romulus (Trucks)

Romulus followed the troops onto one of the trucks and waited silently as it headed for their destination.

IC: Invictus (Outside, X-Manor)

“They are,” he nodded. “But they need to be.” He said. “I suppose I am, I’m not sure where I will go yet, but I will find a purpose for myself.”

IC: Katherine (Hellfire Mansion)

"Why thank you," she smiled at Ben. She watched as some guards carried Noel away to be fitted with a anti-power collar.

OOC: In the light of recent events it has come to my attention that I may not be the best suited person to be the GM of this RP. Which is why Tyler is the new head GM and Kray is the co. I will be stepping down to a normal staff member, they are promising a new stronger plot, less OP characters and many other great things. Don't worry this RP will endure.

Edited by Flex Capacitor

OOC: So. After some PMs. I've been force-er, asked to come back.

No one is pointing a weapon at me. No sir.

(Alright Otter, you can stop now)

Name: Lucia Livania

Codename: None, as yet.

Faction: Having been hurled into the future, she has no idea what factions exist. She hasn't taken a side.

Power: She has only one real power. She has studied sorcery a great deal and has grown very skilled in it's use. Like many who study this path, she is unable to conjure great storms of fire with a wave of her hand. She can't hurl energy from her hands or crush someone's windpipe with her mind. Though it has limited offensive use (she can, for example, cause someone to catch on fire) she must be focusing completely on the spell at that time for it to function. If she is distracted the spell will fail completely. Her real power is more complex then this. Through the use of rituals, often long ones, she can summon creatures from realms beyond our own. She can cause someone to fall ill. She can animate the dead to serve her. This magic is the magic of hexes, conjuration and necromancy. It is difficult to learn at best. Each ritual must contain objects that connect with the purpose of the spell in the mind of the caster. Each word must be relevent to the spell in the mind of the caster. If anything goes wrong, the spell, or part of it, will fail. She has collected much of her research and thus, her spells, in a small set of scrolls she currently carries with her.

Appearance: A product of her era. She's a young roman women with long brown hair and eyes of the same color. She has had a relatively easy life (up until the last fews months) and though she isn't out of shape, she certainly won't be winning any weight lifting contests any time soon. She is quite tall however, which is odd given the period she hails from. Clothing wise, she wears some higher-class robes dyed a deep purple. In addition to these, she wears a shawl of a similar color, fastened to her robes with a red gem converted into a brooch. She has no jewels beyond this. Her robes are by no means ornate by the standards of this, but they are in the roman style and there is a certain style to them. Times change-but robes are forever.

Weapons: She has a small dagger, it is clearly of roman make. In the age of firearms and superpowers, she might as well be throwing rocks for all the good this will do her. The weapon itself is finely made, with delicate carvings placed within it's bronze hilt. These carvings depict many acts of magic and have many runes worked into them. The blade itself is merely iron, though finely crafted.

Skills: She speaks several dialects of the ancient world and has an extensive knowledge of the politics of her day. That said, much of that is quite useless here. She has a political savvy that has been honed by countless tutors and long conversations with her father. She knows how power ebbs and flows and how to manipulate these things to her advantage. She's fast reader, able to plow through arcane texts with nothing more then a few extra hours and some iron willpower. Determination is a large aspect of her being. Once she has set upon a path she won't give up without a fight. She can write in many ancient langauges as well and indeed, her scrolls are written in many old languages, to ensure only she can understand them with ease.

Personality: Lucia tends to be diplomatic at the very least. She doesn't make a habit of insulting people, but if she dislikes you she will certainly let you know. She is a product of her time. Though becoming a senator was impossible, she knew she could gather power in other ways and dedicated herself to it. This shows through in her personality. Despite being friendly and at times, caring, she is a pragmatist first and foremost. Though kindness is consideration, she'll look out for herself and a few others at the end of the day. She won't gleefully murder her way to the top, but if she has to kill for her own survival or for someone she cares about, she'll do it without so much as batting an eye.

Weakness: Beyond her magic, she is a normal human being from the age of Rome. She knows nothing of the modern world, nothing of what a gun is or does and one top of that, most supers could dispatch her with ease should they close with her. She has little experience with combat and her courage might falter when faced with such an enemy. She strikes from a distance. Chances are, if someone finds her, they've already won. Unless she has some summoned creatures with her of course. Those present an entirely different challenge. That said, she needs time to summon them up. Catch her by suprise and all she is a helpless human being.

Bio: The daughter of a powerful senator, Lucia has always had a lust for power. Though she was thought of as a lesser in Rome due to her gender, he father sensed something special in her. She had the same drive he had, the drive to learn, to dominate, to rule. Many senators lacked this. They were happy to squabble while the Republic slide away from them. The senator was not such a man. He saw to it his daugher recieved the best education money could buy and when, on her twenty-first birthday, she returned from her vacation in Gaul clutching a small scroll, her encouraged her to study it. What that scroll revealed was a game-changing event. The magicial knowledge of the Druids was contained within it. Father and daughter both began to delve deep into magic, plotting their rise to power. They planned to usher in a new Rome. One based on different ideals-equality, knowledge and intellect.

For years they worked in secret, planning out every detail, gaining allies and friends in higher places and in the vaunted legions. Their knowledge and magical power only grew during this time. Victory seemed certain. When they were ready to move however, they were betrayed. Their manor was stormed and their family put to the sword. Her mother, brothers and finally, father slaughtered as they and the houseguards attempted to hold off the intruders, Lucia attempted a ritual. She tried to summon creatures of the outer darkness to aid her family, to drive back the invaders. Something went wrong however, the ritual was disturbed and the spell misfired. This accident hurled her forwards in time. Into an uncertain and unfamiliar future.

There. And of course, she can't repeat that time travel trick. I'll have her pop in near anyone who is interested.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

OOC: Being part of an RPG is like jumping onto a creaky chair stuck to the side of a speeding train powered by the souls of evil children, who wail for justice and Christmas presents. Said train is also heading straight towards another speeding train powered by the souls of evil children, because some poor sap failed to get both trains onto opposite tracks, meaning that they will crash in a rather glorious explosion, because everything in Hollywood explodes, and create a massive wreck that could easily explain how your usual TBRPGs work, but unfortunately, RPGs on BZPower involve more violent means, with a few reindeers and paper planes thrown into the mix, creating the train-wreck to end all train-wrecks, and I can't remember where I was going with this, other than:

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm back.

IC: Gabriel - Las Vegas

A teenage girl in a suit rolled off a bed, groaning tiredly. Of course, all her drowsiness disappeared once she realised she was in an unfamiliar room, and that there seemed to be a deer standing amidst a pile of milk cartons nearby. Seconds later, she had regained full control of her mental faculties, and realised what had transpired.

"Okay, that was not my fault," she said, getting to her feet and slowly tip-toeing out of the room, hoping to suppress all memories of the incident in which she tried to feed a gambler to a reindeer-

Her brain clamped down on the memories, pushing them into a random part of her brain which she would never use again, and went off to find a way to legally obtain alcohol.

Edited by Space Pirate

OOC: Well this has certainly been a series of RPG-shaking events.

Congrats to both Tyler and Krayzikk. Big ups to the both of you, and I'm looking forward to seeing what direction you plan to take this ship in.

Edited by .:Advent Aeternale:.

OOC: Fair enough. Then a hearty welcome back to the lot of you. And I suppose my farewell from last post can be thoroughly ignored.

IC: Nero's tongue slipped out of the corner of his mouth as his thumbs blurred across his controller face, playing what felt like the thousandth round of Tekken Tag Tournament 2, concentration present in every fiber of his being.

OOC: Recent developments have been interesting. Hopefully, everything can continue on (or almost everything, seeing how recent upheavals are). I'm quite interested in seeing on how (and where) you take the game, Tyler. I was always quite fond of the job you did as the Mod in Techna: Breakdown, and I hope that you'll continue to do an excellent job! To everyone who's returning, welcome back!

IC:

"Oh."

Christopher felt his cheeks begin to burn, and he broke eye contact with Christine. Not only did he feel like he insulted his sister by telling her that, but he felt pretty stupid that he called himself an idiot.

He developed a sudden interest in his feet, and stared down at them, not really wanting to say anything that would make him seem stupid. Or ignorant.