RPG Contest #25 Final Poll

Pick your favorite entries  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

RPG Contest #25 Final PollView the contest thread here.View the full list of submissions here.Final Poll will run September 26 - 11:59 PM Eastern September 29.You can select THREE entries!

1. Violet Orange Trouble Evolved 4: Kings and Lunatics - Kal the Guardian
  2. The Dark and the Dead - Lord of Adders Black
  3. The Light Meets the Dark - Toa Levacius Zehvor
  4. Hunted - Kal Grochi
  5. Claustrophobia - Kryzath
  6. Subterranean Animism - Subversion - It's a Gundam!
  7. City in the Dark - The Lorax
  8. Testing Conflict - Zarayna

Classified.Hmm... it's fairly close to my predictions based on a composition of who players seemed to favor most towards the beginning and all of that other stuff composed together. Or, at least, it might be, if I had actually made that chart.Good luck to all of the other finalists.But, *ahem*, I must first extol the virtues of LMTD... in case anybody were to forget during this contest.> Good background story (stars fall, everyone dies)> Fully constructed subterranean civilization> Developed but still highly malleable setting> Clearly defined antagonist, so that all players experienced and new can choose to combat an obvious threat> Advanced system to ensure that characters roleplaying actions have an effect> Beautiful map complete with Bionicle measurement systems to prevent players from searching BS01 frequently, and that indicates necessary information but leaving the finer details up to the individuals imagination.> Very little outside of the realms of common sense and following the canon to prevent players from creating characters customized to their own interests.> Alternatives have been provided that allow players seeking more influence over the world to create their own pre-existing factions of NPCs at their control, or to create ones during gameplay along with other characters.> Gameplay is focused on the individual characters moreso than the world at large, making the player character the most important element to it, and providing a strong focus on character development and interaction with the world.> Rather than being cliche and following the grey vs. grey morality structure so many RPGs would prefer to exhibit, this RPG goes against the standards of its time and reintroduces the ancient art of white vs. black morality, to mimic settings of epic scale within the confines of small tunnels.Okay, I'm done with my shameless advertising. Carry on. And good luck. Again.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I had a really hard time choosing, but in the end I went with 1 (VOTE4:KaL!), 3, and 8.
...You are dead to me, Kal.
And you're dead to me, Grochi. Let's just have a being dead to everyone else party! We'll all lay on the floor and pretend to be dead.-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

I voted for 1, 5, and 8. Although I have to say, it was 1 that grabbed my interest the most. It has a unique, colorful environment; the theme of "everyone's crazy" instantly gave me ideas of what kind of characters I wanted, and most importantly to me, there's something going on, while most of the others (with the exception of 8) seemed more like "hey, you're in a cave, have fun".

IrMSNn3.png

Although I have to say, it was 1 that grabbed my interest the most. It has a unique, colorful environment; the theme of "everyone's crazy" instantly gave me ideas of what kind of characters I wanted, and most importantly to me, there's something going on, while most of the others (with the exception of 8) seemed more like "hey, you're in a cave, have fun".
1 just felt...schizophrenic to me. Like it was trying to do everything at once and all lacquered over with this sense of enforced quirkiness (the worst kind of quirkiness) which just jarred with me

7AOYGDJ.jpg

I voted for entries 1, 3, and 5.I like the ideas given in the first entry, but I appreciate that entries 3 and 5 also looked like they'd be fun without being overwhelming. Of course, this is coming from someone who will likely not have time to play any of them, but if I did then those would be the ones I'd check out first.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]