Tales of the Wanderer

thelonewander

Tales of the Wanderer When your world has fallen, what do you do? Do you lie down and die,or keeping going? I choose to keep going, but if a record isn't kept, then why bother right? As we all know, history is written by the victor. And if we lose, then someone should know the truth of what happened. My name is Scott, but I think I'm getting ahead of my self, so I'll start at the being. I was born into a world of heroes and super-powered people. Too bad they were all dead by the time I was born. Here, some of greatest hero teams are dead. The Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the X-men, to name the big ones. When the Phoenix came back, it went crazy, killing most of the superheroes around. That was a year before I was born. I lived a normal life, sort of. I was a social outcast, even in kinder garden, and I didn't mind it at all. The first month, nobody would talk to me during play time, and to this day, I'm still not sure why. I wasn't mean or anything, but that's beside the point. By the time the second month rolled around, we had a new kid. He was already enrolled, as I learned later, but he had been really sick, and couldn't make it to school. I walked up to him and said hello to him. He said hi back, and we sort of became friends, seeing as he was the first to talk to me at this school besides my sister, and she barely spoke to me anyways. We told each other are names. His was Blake, and mine Scott. The two of us were a pair that was hard to separate, as we would only talk to each other, and the teacher, that was it. By the start of middle school, I had started to develop a crush on Blake's sister, Leixe. I was working up the nerve to ask her out when Blake's powers came in. He always like wolves, and that was what he shifted into, a Grey wolf. He mauled one the kids who picked on him within an inch of his life. I'll admit, I was a tiny bit afraid, but then forgot about it after about three seconds. My friend had Super-powers! That was awesome in so many ways. For one thing, no one would bother us, as they didn't want to run the risk of being mauled by Blake. It was hard for him, and I like to think I helped him deal with it, at least a little bit. While Blake was dealing with his powers, mine were coming in as well, but mine were much more subtle. I was a Techno-path, and I didn't quite know it yet. I was building computers a lot, and had become my school's unofficial tech support. I didn't mind it one bit. It was fun showing up all my teachers, it really was. During all this, I did ask out Lexie, and she said yes. It was an awkward few days till we worked it out. He'd maul me if I broke Lexie's heart, and I would of asked him to if I did anyways, so it all worked out. Now, I do have a sister, Sarah, and she had powers as well. Hers though, made her a target for everyone to make fun of. She had a pair of wings, and looked like a cat-person. A lot of the nerds at our School called her a Khajiit, or the Dragonborn, it deepened on which one you talked to. She started to go cold, emotionally. Maybe if I'd payed more attention to her, she wouldn't of been put into the place were she is now. There is one thing I remember, about a month before we moved. It was the end of the school year, so summer was starting again, and the sunset was amazing from the roof of the apartment building I lived in. The four of us, me, Blake, Sarah, and Lexie were up there, just talking about anything. Then I said “We should leave home when were all old enough. Be like the X-men, out saving the world and all that.” Blake then said, “ Will need a name for our team then.” “How about Bad Company?” Lexie said. She always had good ideas. “Isn't that a song, or was it a band?” Sarah asked. “Both.” Blake then pulled out his Ipod, and started to play the song Bad Company by the band Bad Company. We all liked the song, and went with the name. “ Bad Company, till the day we die!” we all shouted out. To bad we wouldn't get the chance to be Bad Co., at least not for a long time.Review TopicEdit: Link to the review topic added in.-Wind-

Edited by -Windrider-

War...war never changes.

We crawl, on our knees for you,
under, a sky no longer blue,
we sweat, all day long for you.

But we sow, seeds to see us though,
cause sometimes dreams just don't come true,
we wait, to reap what we are due.

-Rise Against, Re-Education (through Labor)

The four of us never got the chance to be Bad Co., mainly because we moved. Things at the company my dad worked at had gone south, and the company was forced to move out west. It was a security software company. When the company moved, my dad had to. It was that or find something else. He knew he couldn't find anything else, he just knew, somehow. So we packed up, and we all had to leave our home. Me, dad, and Sarah had all grown up here, in the north. Mom had lived out in California, so she knew what it was like back their. The last time I saw Blake for a while, we talked for a bit. “We'll keep in touch, right?” He asked. “Of course, Bad Company, till the day we die.” That was the last thing I said to Blake. I gave Lexie a hug, a kiss, and let her free. I don't know if she did date anyone else after I left. After we said our goodbyes, we all piled into the van, and drove off, to the west.When we had left, it was about a month before school started. Me and Sarah had already finished our freshmen year and were starting our Jr. year. It was a small town, right next to the coast. The waves weren't bad, and it wad some forests about an hours car ride. The school did all the grade levels, as it was such a small town. There was the public one that me and Sarah went to, and the prep school in the mountains. Their was a bitter hate to the prep kids, and most of them were mental if the rumors were true. I think the town name was Pedrico Beach, if I my memory is right. They all hated mutants. It was apparent in every aspect of the school. You could play any sports if you were a mutant, couldn't host or join clubs, and just about every activity was blocked off for mutants. So, of course me and Sarah complied, going with the idea of hopes up high and heads down low. It worked, for about a week. Then, people started to complain about having to sit next to a muttie, so Sarah had to take a seat in the back of the class, away form everybody else. It really ticked me off, as she was my sister, but we were powerless against the school. By the end of the month, Sarah only talked to me, and my own powers started to show. I was working on some computers, and then a was done, in like a minute. Now, I was good with computers, but not that good. I figured a was a techno-path, and I didn't tell anyone, at all. With this secret, I started my own company. It was mainly selling and buying electronic parts. I made good money with it, and paid it self very fast. Now that school was close to the point were I just wanted to burn it down, with lemons, things got worse. The stars of the football team, the QB and wide receiver, decide it be fun to mess with Sarah. They called her a lot of nasty names, and I was just about to punch the QB's lights out when Sarah clawed them both. The QB in the arms, and the receiver in the legs. They couldn't run, or throw now. The next week, as we were walking home, the entire football team came up to us. Now, our school had a decent sized team. It was about 12 linemen, each close to 230 pounds, and then about 20 or so guys in backfield spots, it was a lot of people. They cornered us, and we had to fight them all. I was fighting linemen. These boys had size, but not a lot of pain tolerance without their pads on. I made short work of them. Sarah finished up the backfield players quickly. The next day, the principal, who was also the head coach of the football team, was upset, to say the least. He yelled at us for about a good three or four minutes. Then he let us speak. “Sir, with all respect, all of the players attacked first. We were both acting in self defense.” “Then what about my two best players? Explain that one, you muttie trash.” I almost hit the man at this point. “Same case their sir. The attacked first. If I may ask, what has my sister done , before today and the week before? What has she done? Nothing, that’s what. But all of you bigots can't get your heads out of your own ***, so why bother trying to explain. All you'll do is give the team a pat on the back for trying to beat someone who looks different, and is smarter then you, any of the teachers, or that entire team.” with that, me and Sarah left. I didn't care about this place anymore. So I started one of my most ambiguous goals, every. I was going to be a Spartan, one way or another. I started not long after the fight with the team. Anytime we passed them in the halls, I could look at them, and they would be afraid. I had gotten along with most of the nerds in the school as well. I learned very quickly that they were either a die hard Elder Scrolls fan, or a die hard Tolkien fan. It was I who brought them together. It was nice, to see them trade insults in both Tolkien elvish, and then talk like normal people in dragon-tongue the next. We also made a blend of the two, and it sound fairly good as well. That was the official language of us nerds and geeks. We all spoke it well, ans used to confuse everyone else. It was great. During all this time, my dad was becoming a drinker, very fast. I found a bottle of vodka in the trash about once a week. He never had been like this before, and it worried me a bit. While me and Sarah had to fight of football players and dad was drinking him self to death, I was working on my armor. It was coming along well. I already had the helmet finished, and was making good progress on the chest plate. During the winter break, my grandfather, an old, retired Japanese blacksmith, taught both of us how to make the ancient sword of Japan, the Katana. I wasn't bad, but my sister was on a much higher level. She made amazing blades. For those how don't know, a katana is rated by how many bodies it can cut through in a single slice. I could make a 7 body blade, which was my best. That's average. Sarah though, she could make a 9 body blade, with ease. I'll never know if it was a mutant power, or she was a good listener,But my grandfather was extremely proud of her, and She need it. As the year went on, I joined more clubs,and that was an almost fatal mistake.Link to review topic: here

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.

Everything was going good for me. I was in about ten different clubs, my grades were doing good, and I had gained the respect of the nerds, and was feared by the jocks. You could say I was doing good. Then it all went wrong. I was absorbed in working on the armor, and it showed in my social life, and in my grades. I started to lose friends, and my grades nose-dived. I saw what was happening, and then, I slowed work on the armor, and dropped clubs I couldn't remember why I was there. Doing that, my grades started to rise, and I regained my friends. Progress was slow on the armor, but I had gotten a lot do already. The arms and legs were done, and I just need to work in the servos and wiring. Not much left really.I had also joined a tech club that was started. It was good fun. We would meet everyday after school for about an hour to trade ideas, maybe blueprints for a design and so forth. Every Friday though, we would have a debate of sorts about a topic someone would think of. If it went dead, a new topic would be presented, and we would talk about that. One Friday though, we went really late, because of a very good topic someone brought up. Could AIs achieve sentience? It was a good one, and were only stopped because someone saw that it was late, almost ten'o clock. We split for the night, saying we would pick up next Friday. So, with no ride home, it being freezing out, I called my dad for a ride home. He came by, slightly drunk, but I didn't realize this till a bit later. It was a bit of a drive to the house, as we lived about 20 minutes outside of town. As we rode home, I notice dad was drifting in and out of the other lane. “Dad, you alright?” I asked. He didn't answer, just kept going. We came up to an intersection, and I saw the headlights about five seconds before impact. “DAD, LO-” and then we impacted with the other car. It hit the drier side first, killing my dad on impact. Me, I was bit lucky. I wasn't dead, but bleeding. I had my phone still with me, and was able to call 911 before I blacked out. When I woke up, I was on a hospital bed, hooked up to many a different instruments. I looked down, a saw that my legs were missing, then looked and saw the same with my arms. It was scary, seeing both your arms and legs gone. A nurse walked in, seeing my awake. “Its good to see you've awaken, Mr. Jackson. How are you feeling?” she asked. “Great, I guess. Not much I can do though.” I was depressed, to say the least. My dad was dead, and I was crippled forever. After I woke up, they gave me a set of prosthetic limbs, and was cleared to leave. I worked like crazy on the armor once I got home. I modified it to be used as my limbs instead of armor, and finished quickly. It was now ready. All I needed was the fuel for the fusion reactor. I didn't use an ARK reactor because, well, the stuff to make it was very, pricey. It was costing me a good bit just to get the Thorium need to power the suit. I had to use the black market to get the fuel as well. I had done some dealings on the market before, mainly for the servos I was using in my suit. The thorium cost, me a lot, but I paid for it all, in cash. Once I got it. I put it right into the reactor. It powered up, and Was ready to go. I finished the year, armored up. I gave everyone chills. I never took off my helmet, except during test so teachers wouldn't think I was cheating. After I finished the year, I packed the things I would need for life on the road, and left home. As to what happened to mom and Sarah After I left, I'm not sure. I really don't want to know, honestly. I started to travel, fighting the petty crime here and there. I didn't receive anything for my work, and I didn't care. I got a passport about a month after I started to wander, and went to Japan, just to see what it was like.Link to reveiw topic: Here

Edited by thelonewander

War...war never changes.