Crunchyn

Front Page Thanks, guys! :DHere's my try at making a digital version for people to use [avatars, banners, coffee mugs....lol]. If anyone wants to use this, please give credit.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I remember that Certavus isn't a Chronicler comment :P Here's an edit lol

chroniclerscoffeelogo.png_thumb.jpgtakuacoffeemini.png_thumb.jpg

http://www.majhost.c...scoffeelogo.png

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/sik1276/CBart/takuacoffee.png

Felt like doing something with Certavus again after looking at my old BS01 art entry and I saw what people

were doing with coffee soo yeah, yep, this was painted with coffee. Not too bad considering it was my first time with this medium.

Click-Clook.

scan_pic0017.png_thumb.jpg

*now drinks the used coffee*

P.S I had no idea what name the coffee brand should've been, rolling with the possible continuity errors.

Edited by Black Six

"I could have been a Protector but then I took a stud to the feet."

Wow. That drawing must smell INCREDIBLY good. I love Certavus' grin and simplified face - it gives it a whole lot more character. The armoring is incredibly well done, and I really love the way you stuck with the style in the winning model. However, I can't help but notice than some of it looks a bit like a tie :P. Also, why is it "Chronicler's" coffee if Certavus was never a Chronicler?

Wow. That drawing must smell INCREDIBLY good.I love Certavus' grin and simplified face - it gives it a whole lot more character. The armoring is incredibly well done, and I really love the way you stuck with the style in the winning model. However, I can't help but notice than some of it looks a bit like a tie :P. Also, why is it "Chronicler's" coffee if Certavus was never a Chronicler?
Heh, that's the error right there, I couldn't think of another appropriate name for the coffee, Certavus Coffee seem a bit too egotistic.
Did you make certavus he is together with Ancient and Krakua the best fan-build set ever
No I didn't make him, Certavus's canon image was built by Brickeens from the BS01 contest.

Another great job, crunchy! I'm amazed at the way the background looks like fabric and how the coffee stains look so realistic.If only I could put this on a mug...

Visit www.BZPRPG.com to view my project of archiving BZPower's RPGs, and also access the BZPower Roleplaying Wiki

BZPRPG Profiles - Ghosts Of Bara Magna Profiles

Exo-Force RPG Profiles - Six Kingdoms: Apocalypse (Knichou, Berys, Arnex, The Taku, Exuze)

• 2 weeks later...

I really really wanted to comment on this earlier, but somehow... ah well, now I'm doing it, so I guess it's all fine. :3It's not the first time I've seen someone use coffee for a painting, and it really seems like some versatile media to me... the shading is very well done, and I absolutely love the image.Another thing I can't help but notice is how perfectly round all your concentric circles are; they weren't drawn freehand, were they? *just curious*Overall it turned out great, and since I'm a fan of your art anyway... love it. ^^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I really really wanted to comment on this earlier, but somehow... ah well, now I'm doing it, so I guess it's all fine. :3It's not the first time I've seen someone use coffee for a painting, and it really seems like some versatile media to me... the shading is very well done, and I absolutely love the image.Another thing I can't help but notice is how perfectly round all your concentric circles are; they weren't drawn freehand, were they? *just curious*Overall it turned out great, and since I'm a fan of your art anyway... love it. ^^
Um no, I drew them with a compass lol (my secret's out!) but boy do I wish I could freehand those.

Haha, the only food I've painted with was cocoa butter mixed with cocoa powder for a school project. Great detail here! How many brushes did you use (and what sizes?). Great job.
Not much, I only used a sponge for the back of the paper and I think maybe a #4 round brush for the actual painting. It was a really small piece :)

That's incredible. The only time I've seen something painted with coffee before was at art museums or galleries. This certainly meets up to what I have seen in the past. Great job! :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Here's my attempt at a digital version for people to use for avatars, banners, coffee mugs..... XD

chroniclerscoffeelogo.png_thumb.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/sik1276/CBart/chroniclerscoffeelogo.png

EDIT: Oh yeah, I remember that Certavus isn't a Chronicler comment :P Here's an edit lol

takuacoffeemini.png_thumb.jpg

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/sik1276/CBart/takuacoffee.png

Edited by CrunchbiteNuva

• 4 weeks later...