Platinum Avolkii (pics from owner)

Chasebear

Ah, and here I was thinking the Platinum Avohkii was lost to history forever!Thanks for sharing, it is nice to know that the person who owns the mask is aware of it's value.

believe victims. its actually not that hard, and youd look kind of bad if you were to, say, side with an abuser because theyre your friend

I saw a thread recently about the Avolkii mask and thought you guys would like to see it.I won the mask 10 years ago and still have it today, ask me anything.http://i50.tinypic.com/24xq41w.jpg
First off, welcome to BZPower! I hope you enjoy your stay. :)Wow, this is really cool! I was wondering if we would eventually hear from the person who owns it in the future. :P A (very) late congratulations to you on winning it. :D

Welcome to BZPower! I've always admired the Platinum Avohkii, and I still do nowadays. And that says a lot because I've lost a lot of interest in Bionicle. I have to say though, I've never seen the back of it. Is it fully compatible with LEGO with an axle and all, and would you mind adding a picture of the back?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Thanks for the congrats! Yeah, it has the axle and all, might post some more pictures later.And to all those interested, I am considering selling it some time soon.
Have you gone to a jeweler or something? They might be able to give a price on how much that amount of platinum is worth at the exact moment. You could even add more to the price from there for it being collector's item. :)

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Wow, first one of the 14K Hau's shows up, and now only few weeks later, so does the holy grail of Bionicle collectibles! It's nice to know where all these rare bits of Bionicle goodness went to, even if there's little chance me or 99.99% of other fans will ever lay their hands on them. :)

I have slept for so long. My dreams have been dark ones. But now I am awakened. Now the scattered elements of my being are rejoined. Now I am whole. And the Darkness can not stand before me.

I have some questions!Was winning it really as simple as just calling a phone number? Did it come in a case? With a certificate of authenticity? What else was in the prize pack that you won? Did you ever talk to LEGO about the mask? How did you come across BZPower? What made you decide to sell the mask now?

I, for some reason, don't quite believe this. I mean, this is something bigger than the 24K Golden Haus and the White Hunas put together. And it's almost certain that our friend Chase would have known about this site and posted in it a long time ago. He even has a three-year Avolkii (I believe you get it after three years, correct me if I'm wrong).So did Chase just stick the Holy Grail of BIONICLE in a closet or Storage locker in California for ten years and suddenly remember that he had it after seeing this thread? (Google is a wonder when you look up "Platinum Avolkii") I mean, that seems to be the only explanation.I dunno. What took you so long in coming out and telling us that you have such a relic, Chase?

The Precious! Smeagle must has it! He must!
"What... Did you sayyy???"I believe that's pronounced Sméagol. Just saying. One Mask to rule them all and all that.

Look, I'm not trying to put Chase down. I just find it curious.I would say "Pics or it didn't happen", but we do have pictures. And when I searched up "Platinum Avolkii", nothing came up. Maybe Chase should take another picture and have a little nametag he wrote. You know, so that we have 100% proof that this is legit.

Is it sad that I feel the need to correct the spelling of "Smeagle"? It's Smeagol :Pscyther_grovyle, if you look above, he said that he's hoping to sell it for a minimum of $4000 USD.- :t: :l: :h:
Maybe they meant Smeargle. But why would a Smeargle want a metal mask? :POn topic, it's pretty amazing that even a few years after Bionicle's end, the recipients of some of these rare masks are finding their way here to give us a glimpse of these parts of Bionicle history.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Look, I'm not trying to put Chase down. I just find it curious.I would say "Pics or it didn't happen", but we do have pictures. And when I searched up "Platinum Avolkii", nothing came up. Maybe Chase should take another picture and have a little nametag he wrote. You know, so that we have 100% proof that this is legit.
Keep looking. An easy google search would show that Chase won the Platinum Avohkii, and there is at least one image of him with it.

Up, down, turn around, please don't let me hit the ground

Why oh why is there discussion of the correct spelling of Smeagol (yes I know I left off the mark on the E)...Anyway, I in no way have the funds to try to buy this, but if this is indeed for real, I'm highly relieved that this unique piece isn't actually lost forever. When things like the Platinum Avohkii are lost, it bothers me.

:P~:b::i::m_o::m::a::n::c::e::r:~

"YOU'D THINK, FOR BEING A DEAD MAN, I'D BE MORE TRIUMPHANT THAN I AM."

What´s

Ouch. I definitely know that it's worth that much at least. Hopefully I can afford that. Look at my profile and send an email to me at my yahoo address if you wouldn't mind discussing this with me a little more in private (as I'm unable to PM you just yet).- :t: :l: :h:
Did you already talk to him? Is the mask sold? Do you know why he is not online? I would have a serious interest, I know its a lot of money but I need to try, it´s a once-in-a-life opportunity.Scyth

• 4 weeks later...

It's a little hard to tell if this the real deal from the quality of the pic, as a bit of silver spray paint could get pretty much the same affect. But the fact that the owner is thinking of selling it kind of makes me assume that it is real, as selling a fake platinum Avohkii and getting away with it sounds like a challenge.

So I guess congrats to Chase for owning this. I must say I'm pretty jealous, although I prefer the gold Hau myself.