Thank you Infrared for the great banner!!
Ninjago Short Story Contest
Legend of the Green Ninja
Oh boy oh boy we're finally here! Time to announce our winners! But first, a HUGE thank you to Meiko, who provided so much help putting this contest together, advertising it, donating prizes, bringing in people from The Ninjago Wiki, and judging. Also thanks to Infared, another judge and the creator of our kickbutt banner, judge Aanchir: Rachira of Time, -Windrider- for his help and ideas, Janus for the awesome theme, and Black Six for the sweet first prize!
Now for our winners.
Third Place: For Eternity by Dralcax! Contact Meiko for your prize!
Second Place: Child of Night by RicochetRay! Contact Meiko for your prize!
And First Place goes to The Serpentine Plot by xccj! Contact Black Six for your prize!
Legend of the Shadow by Shock wave
The Green Ninja? by WhiteNinjaWolf04
Congratulations to our winners, and thank you so much to all our participants! This was an awesome contest and I hope you enjoyed writing Ninjago stories and will join me in congratulating the winners.
Remember last year? We were all so excited about the grand reveal of THE GREEN NINJA. Theories abounded as to his true identity. Would he be one of the existing ninjas, upgraded? Or one of the bad guys, even a henchman? Or would he be a hitherto-unknown character?
Or rather, that's what I imagine it was like. Because I don't know anything about Ninjago. At all. But I am told there is a green ninja! And there's a rumor that nobody knew who he actually was! However, apparently his eyebrows gave it away? ANYWAY.
How It Works
In this first-ever non-BIONICLE Library contest, I need you guys to put on your imagination caps and wonder: what if the Green Ninja was actually someone else? Who would it have been? Why would he have concealed his identity? What if "he" was actually a "she"? What if it was your OC?
Once you've got a great alternate universe planned, fluff it up into a large-scale, but one-post, epic adventure. Of at least 500 words, just to help paint a gorgeous picture in the minds of our judges. It can be as canon or non-canon as you like (I mean we're already changing-up the Green Ninja here.) You can post your tale here in the Short Stories forums.
How To Enter
Before December 10th, 2012, at 11:59 pm PST, post your entry in a new topic in Short Stories, and then post a reply in this topic with the information below.
- Your screen name
- The title of your entry, containing a link to your entry (don't know how to link? Just type your title, highlight it, and hit the Link button in the post formatting tools above)
IT'S THAT EASY!
- One entry per member.
- Entries must be at least 500 words in length.
- The story you write must be new; not posted on BZPower before now.
- Your entry must be contained in one post.
- You are allowed to edit your story until the entry period ends. After that, any editing will get you disqualified.
- No arguing, fussing, or flaming. The first time you are called down, I'll let you walk. The second time, you'll be automatically disqualified from every event. Also, appropriate action will be taken if necessary (ie proto drop, suspension, etc.)
- All questions should be asked in this topic. Or, you can PM me, Hahli Husky, or -Windrider-, who knows as much about Ninjago as I do.
- Do not bother or attempt to bribe the judges. If I find out you were harassing them or trying to make them vote for your work, you'll be disqualified.
- If you suspect someone is cheating, please PM me. Don't post it here.
- Let's stay on topic. If you are going to post, make it a post that adds to the discussion. I will delete spam posts without any sort of warning.
Thanks for helping me out by following the guidelines, guys!
I may have limited knowledge of Ninjago, but some of our pals over at The Ninjago Wiki will be judging your entries! So breathe easy; this isn't all a blind rush.
First Place: A brand-new copy of the LEGO Ninjago: Character Encyclopedia by DK Publishing!
Second Place: A Ninjago spinner set donated by Meiko, to be determined
Third Place: A Ninjago spinner set donated by Meiko, to be determined
Q: Does my story need to be canon?
A: Absolutely not. It can be as canon or non-canon as you want. That's kind of the point of writing fan fiction.
Q: Can I use my original characters from another Ninjago fan story?
A: Yes, you can use your characters, setup, locations, all that.
Q: I'm a staff member but I really want to enter. Can I?
A: Sure! You won't be given special treatment, but I would love for any and all staff to enter!
Q: I'm a judge but I really want to enter. Can I?
A: Unfortunately, no. If you're a judge and decide you want to enter really badly, just talk to me and we'll see if we can find someone to replace you.
Q: I want to enter but I'm not a BZP member. Can I?
A: You'll need a BZP account to enter, since all entries need to be in Short Stories for us to track them.
If you're confused or need clarification, please don't hesitate to ask a question!
Happy writing, everyone!
Edited by Hahli Husky, Dec 19 2012 - 07:36 PM.