Voltex

Dear Tahu Stars,

I must regretfully inform you that my hypothesis regarding the deaths of Pohatu Mata and Kopaka Mata was… incorrect. Lewa Mata has assured me of that.

That said, I am not weary in the slightest. Yes, the Hero Factory capture did not work as planned. However, I do not think it is of much concern. I’m not certain how much attention you pay to your army, but the words fly to me that you and your army waste time in the Kitchen of all locations – and that you spend your days foolishly eating jellybeans. Never mind that, we’ll see in the end.

While your army spends its days eating candy – I don’t think I really want to ask how you’re eating in the first place – those sets I trust the most even now undertake a massive project with the Vezons, and when it is complete… you will never know where we came from. I do bid you good luck.

Hero Factory has fallen back as of late. It worries me, when they have pressed the advantage for so long. I don’t believe they have fallen back by chance… no, something is coming. I would advise you to prepare yourself, but you’re probably too busy eating jellybeans to even notice.

You really are a fool.

-Tahu Mata

Chapter 3 – Only a Name

“Where… where are we?”

It was three weeks since the snowstorm. Not a second went by that Nex didn’t remember the encounter that had taken place during it.

Watch yourself, kid. You still haven’t mastered that glazed look you get when we talk.

Perhaps he was simply crazy. After all, it wasn’t like he could be provided with any proof that other sets heard weird voices inside of their heads. Then again, Nex 2.0 wasn’t weird so much as… mysterious.

I said watch yourself, you dope. Pay attention, this is going to be VERY important.

“Hey, Takanuva Stars.” Nex said, reaching forward and grabbing the Toa on his shoulder. “Where are we?”

“I’ll be able to answer that for you in a moment.”

Nex nodded, gulping nervously as he stared around the massive room – if he was correct, it was even larger than the Basement, the largest room in the house. There were no windows to be seen anywhere, but the room was pleasantly warm. He spotted Rocka and Evo by one of the walls, speaking with a Titan he didn’t recognize.

“Hey Nex, I’ll be back in a second. Stay here, will you? I just need to introduce you to someone.”

“Yeah, sure, whatever.”

He turned and watched Takanuva Stars as he entered the crowd of sets. The Stars Toa stopped next to two sets that Nex 2.0 silently identified as the Glatorian Strakk and Kiina – and it was immediately apparent that Nex’s phantom ally felt an animosity to both sets.

Which was strange, because as far as Nex remembered, Kiina had never factored into anything at all. Within seconds, Nex felt the familiar feeling as though a warm wave of water had washed over him, and he drifted away.

He discovered himself face to face with Nex 2.0 in the same all black space as before – presumably his brain, but Nex didn’t quite care to find out.

“You called?”

“Yes kid, I did.”

“What for? Is it about the Glatorian?”

“If you know what’s good for you here, keep your mouth shut.” For the first time since he’d met him, Nex 2.0 looked anxious. Almost as if –

“You’re hiding something.”

“You figure stuff out fast, kid. But you don’t need to know what I’m hiding just yet… just trust me. When the time is appropriate – and I believe that time will be coming soon – you’ll be told everything.”

“And what if I refuse? What if I make you tell me now?”

For a split second, Nex detected a glint in the eye of Nex 2.0, a shadow that flitted across the older hero’s face. He took an involuntary step back, but Nex 2.0 appeared normal once more. He appeared satisfied.

“Kid, I’m just going to tell you this once – and that is… you have no idea what you’re dealing with.”

Nex returned to consiousness as Takanuva Stars slapped him; he was still standing (thankfully – the first several times, he’d collapsed outright), and he’d obviously been completely out of it.

“Nex, are you alright?” the Toa asked.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” Nex said, shaking the fuzzy feeling out of his head. “Sorry about that, I just dozed off a little. What’s up?”

“Nex… can you keep a secret?”

Of course I can keep a secret, he thought. It’s not like Nex 2.0 isn’t in here or anything.

Shut up! Respond!

“Of course I can. I’m already keeping one for Rocka, Evo, Avak and Ehlek.”

Takanuva Stars nodded, appearing relieved as he glanced knowingly at the two Glatorian, and the Titan he’d seen earlier with Rocka and Evo.

“So who’re these wackjobs? I suppose they’re the ones throwing the party?” Nex asked.

Takanuva Stars winced and the blue Glatorian, Kiina, raised her trident threateningly. However, Strakk held her back with a calm hand, and the Titan chuckled.

“He has spirit. I like that.” the Titan said. “Let’s hear him out.”

“Nex… I’d like you to meet Kiina, Strakk, and Makuta.” Takanuva Stars said.

“Nice to meet you.” said Strakk.

“Put the attitude away rookie, or I put it away for you.” Kiina ordered, passing over greetings. “If you tell anybody up above about what you’ve seen here, I will personally see to it that you are publicly dismantled.”

Apparently having nothing else of importance to say, Kiina immediately turned around and vanished into the crowd of sets, leaving behind a very perplexed Nex.

“Eh, don’t mind her.” said Strakk. “She’s always a grump. It comes from being in charge of all this. It’s a rather stressful job.”

“What is all of this? What is she in charge of?”

“Nex…” Takanuva Stars said with a slight smile. “If you’ll allow me… I’d like to welcome you to the Resistance.”

Ooh… now this is going to be fun indeed.

Nex wasn’t quite sure he was entirely okay with the emotions attached to what Nex 2.0 had just told him, but he didn’t have time to worry about that – Takanuva Stars was already whisking him away from Strakk and Makuta, towards Rocka and Evo. The gold and yellow heroes stared at them as the two approached them, their faces carefully neutral.

“I’m not quite sure I want to meet these two just yet.” whispered Nex.

“Nex, you have an apology to make. And they have an apology to accept.” said the Toa. “Besides, I had to, and you were just gonna break the rules and free them anyway. So you’re already sort of even.”

“Not really.”

“Well, have it your way, numb nuts.”

“Numb – what? I don’t understand anything about anything right now.”

“You’re not supposed to. Well, technically you are, but we don’t care enough to fill you in.”

“That’s splendid, Takanuva. I feel really appreciated.”

“You’re not supposed to be appreciated. You’re supposed to be valuable.”

See what I mean, kid? You’ll never be worth more than a penny to these people. And none of your stupid remarks about a penny being worth something, because it isn’t worth anything!

“I’m worth something.” Nex mumbled.

Shut your mouth, you’re gonna blow it.

“You’re what?” Takanuva Stars asked.

“Nothing.”

They had reached Rocka and Evo. As far as Nex was concerned, the rest of the sets in the room had all stopped talking, because it sounded as if, well, there were no sounds. The four stared awkwardly at each other for several minutes. Evo coughed and Takanuva Stars scratched his head, before nudging Nex with his elbow.

“Say it!” the Toa hissed.

“Fine.”

Nex stood straight and cleared his throat importantly. He tried to ignore the fact that Evo had just rolled his eyes at him.

“I would like to formally apologize for my previous behaviour, should it have in any way offended you.”

Rocka snorted and looked away. The other three glanced at him and Rocka waved them off, turning around and doubling over as he began to silently laugh.

“Are you alright?” Takanuva asked.

Evo, watching Rocka with a confused expression, began to chuckle. He glanced over to Nex, and then Nex began to laugh as well. A befuddled expression remained firmly on the face of Takanuva Stars as the three heroes began to laugh outright, Nex clutching his stomach as he doubled over and Rocka falling to his knees as he shrieked, while Evo bent with his hands on his knees, trying to remain upright. The sets gathered around them began to watch as the three heroes lost it completely, forming a circle.

ENOUGH!

Nex froze, the last laugh stuck on his face for a split second before it was gone and he jerked up, standing straight and at attention.

Enough of this humiliation! You are disgracing us!

To the sets around, Nex’s eyes went strangely blank as he was sucked down into himself.

Nex landed on the firm black floor and fell to one knee to balance himself on the landing, inadvertently kneeling before Nex 2.0 in the process. The older set smirked as Nex scrambled to his feet.

“I’m not humiliating anyone!” Nex said. “I was just laughing with my friends!”

“Your… friends?”

“Yes!”

“They aren’t your friends. You have no friends. Even I’m not your friend.”

“Well, you’re stupid, so you don’t count.”

I’m stupid? Kid, you’re the stupid one. You have no idea what you’ve walked into. You’re nothing but a stepping stone for me, you hear?”

“I’m a what?”

“A stepping stone, you fool. You’re just a transition phase. Soon I’ll be able to take over you completely – and then after that, I’ll be strong enough to return to myself again.”

“And… and what happens to me?”

“Who cares? If you perish, I don’t mind, because it means I live.”

“But… I’m like… an advancement of you.”

“Oh are you?”

“Yeah!”

“Prove it, kid. We’re gonna fight right here, right now. If you beat me, fine, you’ve proven your point for now. If I win… well… let’s just say things might get nasty.”

“No. I don’t need to prove anything to you.”

Nex turned his back on the older hero and began to walk away. A second later he heard a little whoosh of air, and he sidestepped just in time for Nex 2.0 to crash in the ground where he’d been. Then, ignoring a rather strange desire to remain where he was, Nex leapt back into conscious thought.

Nex came to still standing as rigid as he’d left, with Strakk, Rocka, Kiina and Takanuva Stars all examining him. Strakk started as Nex suddenly came to life, flexing his arm to stretch it.

“He’s back!” the Glatorian said. “Or… well… were you gone?”

“In a way, yeah… I suppose you could say that.”

“If he’s going to do that in the middle of a battle, then we can’t trust him.” Kiina said, her eyes narrowed as she glared at Nex.

Nex stared right back. However, Kiina’s glare was too fierce, and he looked away a moment later. The female Glatorian snorted derisively and turned away.

“Figure him out.” she ordered to Strakk. “If he can’t fix himself, he can always be used as spare parts.”

A deep fury rose up from within Nex, aided with a mighty push by the inwardly smirking Nex 2.0. Nex snarled and lunged forward, grabbing Kiina by the shoulder and hauling her back towards him to give her a piece of his mind. However, the Glatorian swept his hand away and within seconds had him pinned against the wall, with the point of her trident at his throat.

“I’m warning you, Nex.” she whispered in a voice so quiet it was deadly. “One wrong move and I will remove you. Do you hear? You’re just like Nex 2.0… uncannily so. Something isn’t right with you, and I intend to figure out what it is.”

With that, she wrenched her trident back, spared Nex one last disgusted look, and then stalked away. The crowd of sets obediently cleared a path for her, stumbling over each other in their haste to back up. Nex glared after her silently, until Takanuva Stars nervously approached him.

“So… shall we continue on?” the Toa asked. “There’s uh… there’s a lot more to show you.”

“Very well then.”

As Nex followed the Toa through the crowd, he could’ve sworn he heard one last remark from Nex 2.0 echo in his mind.

Don’t you worry, kid. Revenge is on the way.

Kopaka Nuva frowned as he sat in his shadowy perch above Pohatu Nuva, watching as the Toa Nuva of Stone was approached by both Gali Nuva and Onua Nuva.

“You wanted to talk with us, Pohatu Nuva?” Onua Nuva asked.

“I did… I do. I’ve just been wondering how you two are faring with how Lewa Mata is running things.”

“It’s not mightily different, is it?” Onua Nuva responded. “There’s just less fighting.”

“What about you, Gali?”

“The same for me. It’s certainly a more relaxing life right now.”

“So… you two don’t think anything seems… off?”

“What’s off about it?” asked Onua Nuva.

“Kopaka Nuva barely even talks to any of us anymore, and when he does, he’s angry – not to mention that more than half the time he’s missing. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s listening right now, but ALMIGHTY knows I’m not gonna find him if I look.”

“Now that you mention it, things do seem odd.” said Onua Nuva thoughtfully. “The Piraka and Barraki are always flitting from place to place, and several sets have vanished altogether.”

“It’s too quiet. There’s no resistance, yet there seem to be an awful lot of sets unhappy with Lewa Mata in charge.” said the Toa Nuva of Water.

“That’s what I’m afraid of.” Pohatu Nuva said. “I feel like we’re walking right into some sort of ambush, but Lewa Mata refuses to believe it and even if he did, we can’t tell where it’s coming from.”

The three Toa Nuva began to walk away as they continued to converse about the issues at hand, and a few moments later their voices were indistinguishable to the white Toa Nuva hiding above. Frowning even more than he had before, for the suspicions of Pohatu Nuva were far closer to the mark than he’d realized, Kopaka Nuva slid into the shadows to report back to Kiina and Strakk.

To Be Continued.

MT is correct.

And, Yay! Proof that Makuta and Takanuva Stars are in the resistance against Lewa Mata.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Nex 2.0 is a creeper.

Good chappy. Also Kopaka Nuva should get a spin-off comedy about him doing spy stuff.

-MT

I have so many spinoff ideas already I can't contain them all! I do believe I have Kopaka Nuva scheduled for a bit more spying however, so perhaps that will quench your thirst just enough for you to clamour for more.

MT is correct.

And, Yay! Proof that Makuta and Takanuva Stars are in the resistance against Lewa Mata.

You'll find that Lewa Mata's army is mostly composed of all of my favourite characters. Strakk, Kopaka Nuva, Rocka, Evo, Takanuva Stars, Makuta... all of them are the good guys. =P

If we don't get a Kopaka Nuva spin off, I at least demand a TF2 Kopaka Nuva skin for the Spy.

-MT

If I had the skills to do so, I would.

^this.

And where has the chappy gone?

You mean Chapter 4? I'm not 100% sure you guys are going to like what happens here, but ok:

Dear Tahu Mata,

I like to believe that I am not in fact a fool, thank you very much. I trust my troops and they trust me. With regards to the rather consistent hate mail I have been receiving from some of your men, I am surprised you haven’t realized how many are trying to think of ways they could stab you in the back. So watch your back before I am forced to grovel in the dirt and watch it for you.

Let’s forget I said that, because let’s be honest – someday, I am going to kill you. Does it matter so much if you die and I am then forced to unite the Bionicle sets under one banner versus the Hero Factory sets? Of course not. Well, not to me, at any rate. Who cares about you.

Wait a moment… what was that? I’m sorry, I’m not quite sure why I wrote that down. If you’re wondering, the ceiling is now cracking. Wait! No! What? This can’t be good… that’s… that’s the Bedroom.

And that’s Von Nebula crashing to the floor. What is this madness?! What is… wait… no! He’s huge! I cannot waste any more foolish words on you, Tahu Mata! My army and I must fight back!

-Tahu Stars

Chapter 4 – Incumbent

Nex tried to ignore the buzz at the back of his mind as he sat down on the floor, resting with his back to the wall. Evo and Surge plopped down on either side of him, and then Rocka and Takanuva Stars did the same.

“You know, this is nice.” Takanuva Stars said.

“What’s nice?” asked Evo.

“This. Just sitting here, relaxing, chatting a bit. I’ve never really gotten to do it before now.”

“Yeah, I forgot – you’ve been at war for your entire life pretty much, right?” asked Rocka.

“Indeed I have. A set needs to just kick back and relax every now and then, you know what I mean?”

“Yeah, I think I do.” Nex said quietly.

It had been several weeks since Takanuva Stars had (with some difficulty, Nex had noticed) inducted him into the Resistance. So far it had been fantastic, except for one set in particular….

“Hey Nex, what’s up between you and Kiina?” asked Rocka. “Every time she’s around you, it’s as if a fly just flew up her nose.”

“Don’t even get me started.” Nex said bitterly.

“Kiina has an issue with Nex being Nex.” Takanuva Stars said, with an air of one frustrated but out of control. “Her problem is that he bears a strong resemblance to our old friend Nex 2.0 – she’s not the only one, unfortunately.”

“But why? I don’t get it.” said Rocka. “It’s not like you’re housing Nex 2.0 inside your brain or anything.”

“Uh… yeah, I suppose.” said Nex.

Oh, if you only knew the irony in that statement of yours, Rocka….

Hey kid, shut it up. You still glaze over like a bozo or something whenever we speak.

I wasn’t talking to you.

Whatever.

Nex shook his head to clear it as Takanuva Stars stood up. The hero did the same, knowing it was high time the two of them returned to Lewa Mata.

“I guess we’ll see you guys tomorrow, or the day after.” Takanuva Stars said.

“Yeah, see you later.” said Rocka.

“Good luck!” Evo called.

As he and Takanuva Stars edged their way towards the exit, Nex began to hope against hope that they would fail to run into Kiina – which, of course, she turned up as soon as he started thinking about her.

Someday I am going to kill that Glatorian, honestly.

Don’t worry kid, it’s not far off….

Nex shivered and shut Nex 2.0 out as Kiina held out an arm to stop him and Takanuva Stars, an aggravated Strakk and Kopaka Nuva standing right behind her.

“Where do you think you’re going?” Kiina asked, her voice raised slightly in accusation.

“We’re leaving, as most sets tend to do sometimes.” Takanuva Stars said, his voice guarded. “We’re allowed to leave this room, you know.”

“For now, perhaps.” Kiina said, her eyes glinting with malice. “I don’t tolerate traitors, however.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” asked Strakk, evidently starting to get fed up with Kiina’s attitude.

“It means I don’t trust someone, Strakk. I don’t trust someone at all.”

“Spit it out, already.” Takanuva Stars said, sounding frustrated and, Nex noted, a little afraid.

They were supposed to meet Lewa Mata at precisely eleven in the morning in the Bedroom for a meeting. They had roughly three minutes left.

“Him.” Kiina said, pointing to Nex and then glaring at him as though he housed all of the world’s problems. “He’s just like that other freak, Nex 2.0.”

“Kiina, watch your tongue.” Strakk said.

“Watch your tongue, Strakk. Or I’ll watch it for you.”

“Kiina, that’s enough. Actually, it’s way more than enough. There was never any point at all.”

Kiina whirled around and grabbed Strakk by the neck. Kopaka Nuva was already reacting, but she kicked him to the floor and then dropped Strakk, who crumpled upon landing.

“Remember how powerful I am.” the female Glatorian snapped. “I tore Nex 2.0 to pieces, and he only survived because I made him beg, like a dog, for survival. And you-”

Here she turned back to Nex, poking him with her finger,

“I’m going to do the exact same thing. You don’t deserve to live.”

“Get your hands off of me.”

It was the first time Nex had spoken to Kiina directly – perhaps even around her at all. Naturally, she didn’t listen.

“Get your finger off of me, or I will make you regret it. You’ve made Takanuva Stars and I two minutes late already for our meeting with Lewa Mata. You know how suspicious he is these days – and if he catches on to us because of it, you can be sure that in the name of ALMIGHTY, I will make sure you go down with me.”

Before Kiina could respond, Nex pushed Takanuva Stars on and then shoved her out of the way. Kiina tried to leap at him, but was restrained – barely – by Strakk and Kopaka Nuva as the other two sets exited the room.

They had reached the Living Room before Takanuva Stars spoke, as they reached the seven minutes late mark.

“Oh man, this isn’t good.” Takanuva Stars whispered. “What do we do?”

“Maybe Lewa Mata will believe us when we say Meltdown and Rotor sidetracked us?”

“Or perhaps he knows now why the two of you vanish so often, and has decided to arrest the two of you and sentence the both of you to death.”

Nex and Takanuva Stars froze and glanced at each other, contemplating just making a run for it.

“I wouldn’t bother making a run for it.” Lewa Mata said, guessing their thought processes accurately. “You won’t make halfway to the Basement before the sets I have stationed around capture you.”

“Maybe we could talk about it?” Nex asked hopefully as he turned around.

Kid, you really are stupid.

I’m not stupid! I’m stalling for time.

No point stalling for time, kid. His mind is set. It’s fight or flight. Or surrender, except that if you surrender I will take over and we will fight. Which makes it just fight or flight.

“Furno, what are you doing here?” Nex asked, ignoring Nex 2.0 as the red Hero stepped into view.

“Lewa Mata brought me along to arrest you.” Furno said. “You’ve joined the Resistance… that’s against all of the rules.”

“Actually, it’s only against the third rule.” Nex said. “Sets are not allowed to join the Resistance.”

“Except that the Resistance goes out of its way to break every single rule on that chart.” Lewa Mata muttered.

“Oh, right… yeah, I guess that is problematic. Guilty by association.”

Fight! Now! I know that look, he’s about to attack!

Nex hadn’t even finished processing what Nex 2.0 had said before he was flipping backwards, narrowly avoiding Lewa Mata’s axe.

“Furno, you get Nex! I have a bigger traitor to deal with.”

“I’m not big enough?” Nex asked.

Lewa Mata ignored him and began to duel Takanuva Stars – the Toa of Light immediately began to lose ground. Unfortunately for Nex, he no longer knew what was going on. He was fading back until he was surrounded by blackness, and before Furno could react, he was (although he did not know it yet) now battling Nex 2.0.

The most ruthless set the House had ever known.

“Kiina, what was that back there? Honestly, you were acting like… like… well, some sort of psychological version of Nex 2.0.” Strakk said.

“I told you to watch your mouth, Strakk. I’m in charge, not you.”

Kopaka Nuva rolled his eyes, glancing back to the sets One and Two, the most prominent remaining members of the Skrall Stars line, back in the crowd. Judging from the looks on their faces, they agreed with him. He tuned back into the conversation of Strakk and Kiina as they arrived at the meeting place, where Makuta was already waiting.

“You are late.” the Titan said. “And, judging from the looks I see on Strakk and Kopaka Nuva, not for a good reason.”

“Any reason of mine is a good reason!” Kiina snapped. “It was that fool hero Nex, and his friend Takanuva Stars. Traitors, both of them.”

“You have no reason to believe that, Kiina.” Kopaka Nuva said coldly. “Listen to yourself. You sound insane. Start listening to reason, or we’ll stop listening to you.”

It was a testament to the respect Kopaka Nuva held amongst the sets that Kiina satisfied herself with just glaring at him for what he had just dared to say.

“Get out.” she said at length, turning away. “Strakk and I will fill Makuta in ourselves. Stay out of my sight for awhile.”

“Whatever you say. You are the leader, after all.”

Kopaka Nuva made a semi-mocking bow to the female Glatorian before exiting the meeting area, to find both One and Two waiting for him.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Takadox and Ehlek were just wondering what you found out. Actually, so were we.” said One.

“Yeah, maybe we can come on the next recon mission too!” said Two.

“Perhaps… although it is up to Kiina who goes, and I must admit that just like you, I appear to have fallen out of her favor. Take me to the Barraki, and I will share my tale with you.”

The two Skrall Stars did as he asked – Takadox and Ehlek were waiting a short ways away.

“Hey Kopaka Nuva, what’s up?” asked Ehlek. “You’ve been spying on the enemy again?”

“I have… I discovered some worrying news, but of course Kiina doesn’t listen.”

“She doesn’t listen to anybody.” Takadox scoffed. “I mean, she was bad when she was just the leader of the Blue League, but ever since she defeated Nex 2.0….”

“Wait, Kiina beat Nex 2.0?” asked Two.

“Indeed she did.” Takadox said. “Tore him apart, had him begging for death – left him alive to shame him. Of course, a few weeks later he was good as new thanks to the Throwbots and then Lewa Mata killed him.”

“You know, considering how bad Kiina is, I almost feel sorry for Nex 2.0.” One said. “But not quite.”

“What did you find out?” asked Ehlek.

“Pohatu Nuva suspects something is going on – and, thanks to him, Gali Nuva and Onua Nuva do as well. But that was as far as I got with Kiina, because she wouldn’t believe it… I have worse news.”

“I hate to say it, but worse news probably means we’re borderline screwed.” said Ehlek.

“Who it is I do not know, but from conversations between Lewa Mata and Stormer XL I gathered that there is a traitor amongst the Resistance feeding them any information he can get – and it’s not Nex or Takanuva Stars, it’s someone that’s been with us since Lewa Mata took power.”

“Well….” Ehlek trailed off. “You know, I really hate it when I turn out to be right.”

Nex 2.0 slammed Furno’s head into the wall violently before stepping back to watch his handiwork, as the red hero staggered two steps before collapsing.

“That’s right, you weakling. Stay down!”

Furno’s response was to slowly stand back up. Nex 2.0 kicked at him, but the hero dodged away and then fired his blaster, hitting Nex 2.0 in the eye.

“Nex, you seem… different.” Furno said.

“Because I’m not Nex, you fool!”

Nex 2.0 punched Furno in the face and the hero went down again – however, he began to get back up, infuriating the orange hero further. Nex 2.0 stepped on him and pressed down hard, snapping one of Furno’s pipes off.

“You know, back in my day… sets knew the concept of staying on the ground when they lost, rather than getting up to be defeated again.”

“I… haven’t lost yet.” said Furno.

The red hero flung himself backwards and Nex 2.0 was sent stumbling backwards – however, he threw his multi-tool ice shield and caught Furno around the throat, immobilizing the hero.

“You have now.” Nex 2.0 hissed. “Now… let’s see how your Toa friends are doing.”

Nex 2.0 turned to watch, and he saw Takanuva Stars slam into the wall, both of his weapons gone from his hands as he slumped to the floor. Lewa Mata readied his axe, and swung down – only to snarl as his arm was blasted away, saving Takanuva Stars.

“Nex! You’re next! I’m going to kill you like I killed Nex 2.0… right after I kill this traitor!”

“You’re going to wait a moment, think rationally about the situation, and I’m going to explain my motives and what I think is best.” Nex 2.0 said, smiling maniacally. “You see, I went in there undercover – I can give you pieces of information straight from the leaders of the Resistance themselves.”

Lewa Mata froze, staring at him, suspicion still lingering in his gaze. Taking his silence as an urge to continue, Nex 2.0 spoke again.

“Now, Takanuva Stars needs to learn a lesson – but why not make it a public one? Do it in the Backyard. Announce it to every set, so that the entire Resistance can watch as we slaughter one of their friends. Undoubtedly they will try to save him, and give us several prisoners in a desperate rescue mission that shall fail.”

Lewa Mata nodded slowly. “Nex, you cunning little sneak… I didn’t think you had it in you – I honestly didn’t. But the brilliance of that plan astounds me. Alright, let’s do it.”

He signaled down the Hallway, and two sets entered the Living Room. Lewa Mata pointed to the unconscious forms of Takanuva Stars and Furno.

“Stormer XL, you take care of Furno. Core Hunter, bring Takanuva Stars – and be a little rough with him. I want him to truly know what pain is before he dies.”

The two Hero Factory sets bowed low, remaining silent as they obediently fulfilled the Toa of Air’s command.

“Nex, you might have just handed us the victory in this war.” Lewa Mata said.

Oh no, you fool. And don’t you worry in there, kid. Relax for a moment. The execution will draw Kiina out – that’ll give us the opportunity we need to make sure she is killed. Then, we attend to Lewa Mata… and perhaps if we’re lucky we save Takanuva Stars as well – but only if he agrees to obey me in order to pay for what he did.

“Hey Vezok… would you mind filling me in on why we didn’t help Nex and Takanuva Stars out there?” asked Hakann as they pushed their way through the crowd towards Kiina, Strakk and Rocka.

“Well first of all, Kiina hates them. Second of all, Kiina hates us. Third, Kiina ordered us to only trail them, and she hates her orders being disobeyed. Fourth, Lewa Mata had backup all over the place, so it’s a wonder we weren’t caught ourselves. Fifth, something changed in Nex during the fight, and not for the better.”

“That was a really long sentence.”

“It wasn’t just one sentence, you moron.”

“Hey! I’m no moron, you are!”

“I’m a member of the Blue League.”

“Because you’re blue, Vezok. Honestly, don’t try that on me. We all know you’re no better at fighting than the rest of us Piraka.”

“I’m better than Reidak and Zaktan.”

“Wow, isn’t that an accomplishment?”

“What do you Piraka want?”

The speaker was Kiina, and she was already furious – Hakann took a step backward and pushed Vezok forward, motioning for him to speak. The blue Piraka turned to glare at him for a second before speaking.

“Nex and Takanuva Stars have been captured.”

“It figures. The morons couldn’t even do one thing right.” Kiina said, a look of disgust on her face.

“You made them late, Kiina!” Strakk cried. “This is your fault – Lewa Mata was bound to suspect something! And he ambushed them!”

Kiina whirled around to grab Strakk, but found Rocka’s crossbow aimed right at her face as she did so, putting the leader of the Resistance at risk of an immediate death.

“Lower your weapon, hero.” Kiina ordered.

“Only if you’ll shut your face.” Rocka ordered. “I’m sick of you and your attitude. You know what? You can’t kill all of us. We don’t listen to you anymore. It’s your fault we’re in this mess, so kiss your pretty little butt goodbye.”

“Hakann?”

“…yes Vezok?”

“Get backup. Just in case, you know.”

“…got it.”

Hakann turned and bolted, searching for Makuta or Kopaka Nuva, as Strakk, Vezok and Rocka readied their weapons. Kiina glanced from face to face with disgust and hatred, finally resting her gaze on Vezok.

“I can’t believe you’ve become so worthless.” she spat. “A member of the Blue League that I formed, that I led throughout the war! Betraying me! How could you?”

“You didn’t do anything except humiliate Nex 2.0, Kiina.” Vezok said. “Gali Mata, Takadox, Tarix, even Nokama Metru did more behind the scenes than you did. And even when you fought Nex 2.0, it was for the sole purpose of humiliating him. And then you let him live, so that he could continue to terrorize the House.”

“Your time to reign is over, Kiina.” said Strakk.

“You’re a corrupt core, Kiina, and you need to be removed.” Rocka added. “And then, once we’re done with you, we go to rescue our friends.”

Kiina’s only response was to shift her tridents and thornaxx launcher in preparation for the battle, as Rocka, Strakk and Vezok charged at her.

Rocka stumbled backwards as he took a thornaxx round to the chest, but he was covered by Strakk, who began to match Kiina blow for blow until he too was knocked away, as Vezok blasted Kiina in the chest with a zamor sphere. The female Glatorian hissed and kicked Vezok in the head, but the Piraka remained standing as he and Rocka both took aim again and fired. Kiina ducked underneath the shots and quickly incapacitated Vezok, leaving in Rocka’s way.

“Kiina, enough!” he heard Strakk yell. “Look at yourself! You’ve become as bad as Nex 2.0 himself!”

“NO! I AM BETTER THAN ALL OF YOU!”

Rocka slowly stood to his feet and was disarmed by Kiina before being kicked back – as he stood again, Kiina lost her own launcher to Strakk, but had then used her trident to trap Strakk to the wall by the neck. The white Glatorian struggled in vain as Kiina turned to face Rocka. The golden hero gulped and raised his arms in a defensive stance.

“Give up, hero.”

“No… somebody is going to stop you. I just need to slow you down.”

Kiina charged and punched at him. Rocka slapped her arm away and swung a fist into her gut, but Kiina grabbed his arm and slammed him onto the ground. Rocka pulled Kiina down with him and rolled so that he was on top, punching her in the face once before he was thrown away. Before he could stand Kiina had kicked him in the head and he was sprawling backwards, before she pulled him back and then punched him in the face. Rocka stumbled backwards out the door to the meeting room and into the grand room where most of the Resistance stared as he collapsed backwards.

“Kiina… stop it….”

Kiina responded by stalking out the door and grabbing Rocka by the chest, lifting him up and then spinning him around before throwing him into the wall. Rocka felt the strength leaving his limbs as he struggled to get up and Kiina stalked towards him. He saw two blue feet out of the corner of his eye and paused before gazing up to see Surge standing in front of him, his sword to Kiina’s throat. A second later, Makuta lifted the blue Glatorian up by the neck.

“Kiina, we hereby relieve you of duty.” said Surge. “You will be given the opportunity to redeem yourself and earn a place back in this Resistance when we rescue Nex and Takanuva Stars – until then, it’s off to the Vezons with you. They’ll keep you nice and isolated, and maybe you’ll finally decide to listen to what we’ve been trying to tell you.”

As Kiina was led away, Surge crouched down and helped Rocka to his feet.

“You know Surge, I never saw you as the kind of guy that would do something like that.” Rocka confessed.

“Well, I had to – Makuta isn’t any good at it and Kopaka Nuva went off somewhere. The only other guys were you, Vezok and Strakk – so, it went to me.”

“Well, regardless… thanks. I’m not sure where I’d be if you hadn’t stepped in.”

“Your face would be a whole lot uglier, I can tell you that. And trust me, you already need all the help you can get.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?!”

“Uh… nothing, Rocka. Nothing at all.”

To Be Continued.

Clocking in at about 3600 words, this chapter has become the second longest in the history of Tahu vs. Tahu - overtaking the 3100 words long finale to TvT: Aftermath, but still shorter than the 5000 word monolith that is the finale of TvT: Deconstruction.

The season's first real battle begins in Chapter 5, and then we'll move into the second story arc of the season.

IBrow

You mean Chapter 4? I'm not 100% sure you guys are going to like what happens here, but ok

Wrong reason, but correct.

Why isn't Core Hunter in the resistance?

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

d1O9dXQ.png

That is one messed up quote post, RG. xD

Anyway, Core Hunter isn't in the Resistance because Lewa Mata got to the second wave of 2012 first - with the sole exception of Nex, every single wave 2 set from 2012 is evil.

Expect Core Hunter, Stormer XL, and XT4 all to play significant roles in certain events.

Wait a moment… what was that? I’m sorry, I’m not quite sure why I wrote that down. If you’re wondering, the ceiling is now cracking. Wait! No! What? This can’t be good… that’s… that’s the Bedroom.

And that’s Von Nebula crashing to the floor. What is this madness?! What is… wait… no! He’s huge! I cannot waste any more foolish words on you, Tahu Mata! My army and I must fight back!

I love how Tahu Nuva takes the time to narrate all of this. :P

“Kiina, enough!” he heard Strakk yell. “Look at yourself! You’ve become as bad as Nex 2.0 himself!”

Kiina slowly becomes Richard Sherman.

Dramatic chappy. I'd be interested to know (and you can not answer this if it's spoilerific), will slowly becoming insane due to war become a common theme in the series?

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

I love how Tahu Nuva takes the time to narrate all of this. :P

>

Kiina slowly becomes Richard Sherman.

Dramatic chappy. I'd be interested to know (and you can not answer this if it's spoilerific), will slowly becoming insane due to war become a common theme in the series?

-MT

Well, technically speaking, I don't think anybody is quite there anymore, except maybe some of the newer 2012 sets.

And I'm still expecting Rahkshi and Vahki to appear

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Uuh... where'd the nex chappy go to?

And could you give me a list of thesets in the resistance? I'd like to make a display of them after getting Nex 2.0, Kopaka Nuva, and another Skrall stars. And I'm suprised no one's asked what the AfterWords means yet.

Edited by rahkshi guurahk

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Please define After​Words.

Have core hunter and a Guurahk apper! And hf 2010. Btw, mean next chapter you write.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Dear Tahu Stars,

I would just like to say that I hate you with a passion, and wish you could just die and go away. Ugh, why am I even bothering to send sets down to save you?!

-Tahu Mata

[Log X114]

The rest of the Blue League has started to degrade and become atrociously weak just like the rest of them. Thankfully I have had the time to keep up Nokama Metru’s training, and she remains as good as ever – although still not as good as me. It is the other four that worry me….

Gali Mata was recently easily defeated by Hero Factory forces during a successful raid. Vezok has failed to make any impression whatsoever in any of the battles. Takadox manages to slip farther and farther into ALMIGHTY’s grasp, because he is a total fool. Tarix obeys orders from Tahu Mata and Strakk like a simple sheep, and does not perform much better for it.

I met a new Hero Factory set – orange and white. He called himself Nex 2.0 – what sort of a name is that? Nobody in Bionicle was ever stupid enough to include numbers in their names. It is absolutely silly. He seemed very full of himself, too, and threatened to beat me up – but I shall have my revenge soon enough. Hopefully he does make a splash, thereby making my revenge even sweeter.

Tahu Stars and his army remain in absolute disorder after the Hero Factory sets released those Creations – on my orders, of course. Unfortunately, I must admit that this is one plan of mine that has gone awry. I meant for the Creations to turn on the Hero Factory sets and annihilate them, but they appear to have a fine taste for Bionicle sets as well. It will be fine, however – I will simply “forget” to put it into any other records or logs besides this one, as it is for me only, and nobody will be the wiser. They will blame ALMIGHTY and Hero Factory for the creations, as per the usual.

[End Log X114]

[Kiina Signing Out]

Chapter 5 – Battle Force 1

Rocka watched from his hiding place in the bushes by the Pond as Lewa Mata pushed Takanuva Stars towards him. The former deputy of Tahu Stars was weaponless and looked beaten and worn – to Rocka, it seemed like a miracle that he was alive at all.

He glanced to Sahmad, who met his gaze before re-focusing his attention on the execution they planned to stop. The two of them were the only ones in the bush, although Rocka knew an assortment of Resistance members were all throughout the Backyard, and many on the Roof as well.

“All of you sets gathered here today!” Lewa Mata yelled suddenly. “I know you’re all here and watching. Many of you are members of a foolish group calling themselves the ‘Resistance’ – I am going to prove to you today just how terrible an idea that is.

“I am going to kill your spy, Takanuva Stars, and then my forces will slaughter anyone who tries to intervene. Now, as for you, Takanuva Stars, do you have anything you’d like to say? Any last words, you traitor?”

“Yes… I… have some last words.” Takanuva Stars sounded defeated, but still strong in the face of death. “I know you’re still free, Lewa.”

Lewa Mata was visibly taken aback by the statement, and he narrowed his eyes at Takanuva Stars in suspicion.

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It means that ALMIGHTY doesn’t have a complete hold on you yet – I know he doesn’t. I know that somewhere inside, the Lewa Mata that I knew, that everyone knew, is still there, trying to get out.”

“The Lewa Mata you knew was one huge lie conjured by ALMIGHTY and myself, you fool.” Lewa Mata spat.

“No… you could never be that convincing, never seem to be such a good set, unless at your core you are a good set.”

“No… no… enough! You’re done, Takanuva Stars! I am going to kill you, and I won’t feel a slice of regret! Not a single one! Watch and learn, fool!”

“I pity you. I really do, Lewa Mata.”

Those words sent Lewa Mata flying into a rage. The Toa Mata of Air screamed a primal sound and raised his axe – only to be shocked into silence when his axe was suddenly spinning out of his hand to clatter onto an icy patch of grass a few feet away. He stared at the weapon for a second, before realizing something and turning around – to see Rocka’s crossbow aimed right at his face.

“Dodge this.”

Rocka fired and Lewa Mata was sent reeling, slamming back into the ground behind him. Rocka turned and helped Takanuva Stars to his feet.

“You know, that was easier than I thought.” said Rocka. “Let’s get out of here.”

“Not so fast, Rocka.”

Takanuva Stars shoved Rocka away, causing Lewa Mata’s axe to miss him by a breath. Rocka smacked the axe away and aimed his crossbow again, but the Toa easily kicked it away and out of his hands. Rocka ducked underneath the axe and, seeing only one alternative, tackled Lewa Mata to the ground, thrusting the axe away as he did so. The Toa Mata of Air shoved him away and grabbed the axe to attack again, but was forced to roll away as Sahmad cracked his whip and a two headed beast charged out of the bush, pulling Sahmad in an old fashioned chariot.

Rocka grabbed his launcher and fired at Lewa Mata again, but it was wrenched out of his hand and thrown across the yard – this time by the giant Stormer XL. Rocka gulped as the Titan advanced menacingly, but was saved by the re-arrival of Sahmad, who crashed into Stormer XL and began to drag him along after him. Then Rocka was jumping backwards to avoid an attack from Furno, who landed where he’d been standing just a moment before.

“RESISTANCE, ATTACK!” he heard Strakk yell, as sets charged into the Backyard from all directions.

“I don’t understand you, Rocka.” Furno said, still standing where he had landed. “Why do you guys do this? You’re breaking the law, the rules, the system. You’re ruining the proper order.”

“Furno, Lewa Mata is evil – no good set would execute another set just to make a point.”

“You serve Kiina – she’s even worse, Rocka.”

“We took care of Kiina. We don’t work for her – she works for us.”

As he finished speaking, Rocka cried out as he was shoved from behind, stumbling into Furno and sending both of them crashing to the ground. He rolled over to see Kiina standing over him and Furno with her trident in hand, and her eyes blazing with fury.

“I am going to gut you, you worthless little wretch.” she hissed.

Before Kiina could say another word, she had been shunted to the side by the re-invigorated Lewa Mata. The green Toa scowled as Kiina focused her attention on him.

“You’re the one who’s leading them, managing to cause so much trouble while not posing a threat at all.” Lewa Mata said. “Some leader you are – still, you’re a nuisance, so I guess I should kill you.”

“What have you done with Takanuva Stars?” asked Rocka.

“Him? He got a bit of a beating, but I don’t have time to kill him right now. You’re next, hero.”

Rocka started to stand up, but Kiina kicked him in the face and he fell back into the dirt. He felt a tap on his shoulder and looked over to see Furno gesturing towards the bush – the two rapidly began to crawl away as Kiina and Lewa Mata began to duel.

“Why would you help me?” asked Rocka, once they had reached the shelter of the bush.

“Because we’re friends, Rocka. All I want to do is talk some sense into you – Lewa Mata is our leader. You can’t just turn your back on someone like that.”

“Furno… Lewa Mata just isn’t my type of leader. For one thing, he serves ALMIGHTY.”

“You mean that Gamma fellow?”

“Yes, him.”

“He’s a good guy, Rocka! He saved us from the resurrection of Nex 2.0!”

“Oh he did now, did he?” a voice asked from behind them.

Rocka and Furno both scrambled to their feet and turned around, only to see Nex standing before them. However, something was different about him – his smile more creepy, his voice more evil, his stance more menacing.

“…yes, as a matter of fact, he did.” said Takanuva Stars.

“He was lying, Rocka! To trick you!” Rocka snapped.

“No, he wasn’t… for the first, and probably the last time, ALMIGHTY told someone the truth.” Nex said, chuckling darkly.

“How would you know?” asked Rocka.

“How do you know?!” Furno cried out. “There’s no possible way you could know unless… unless….”

“Unless he’s Nex 2.0.” said Rocka. “Well, crud.”

“Crud indeed.” Furno agreed. “What did you do with Nex?”

“He’s in here, safe and sound, for now. The stupid little weakling twerp.” said Nex 2.0, tapping his – Nex’s – head. “Once I recover my strength enough, I’ll take my own body back and dump this one where it belongs – at the bottom of the pond.”

“Not if I kill you first.” said Rocka.

“With your bare hands? Try me, Goldielocks.”

“Excuse me? What did you just call me?”

“You heard me, punk. I called you Goldielocks.”

Furno tapped Rocka on the shoulder. “You know, you call Evo fat all the time. This isn’t so different.”

“Yes it is!”

“How?”

“Because Nex 2.0 is insulting me. I just tell Evo the truth.”

“I can’t believe you’re supposed to be the hero of this story.” Furno said incredulously, sighing. “Whatever – have fun.”

“Hey Surge!” Evo yelled.

“Yeah Evo?”

“Who shall we fight first?”

“I don’t really care, Evo. How about… that big black guy?”

“That’s Core Hunter.”

“Yeah, your point?”

“Isn’t he like, the equivalent of Nex 2.0?”

“Evo, Nex 2.0 doesn’t have an equivalent. The only one Core Hunter is equivalent to is you.”

“That was a really bad fat joke.”

“Yeah, it was pretty bad. I’ll stop now.”

“Well, shall we battle him?”

“Hey! Core Hunter, you big fatso! Get over here!”

“Maybe that was a bad idea?”

“Probably.”

Kopaka Nuva knocked the villain XT4 to the side, grabbing Onua Nuva by the shoulder and glaring at him.

“Kopaka! What’s up?”

“You’re on the wrong side. Now I’m debating whether to fight you or not.”

Onua Nuva glanced around before leaning in. “Actually, just between you and me, Gali Nuva, Pohatu Nuva and I are kind of considering flipping over. We don’t really like how ruthless Lewa Mata is becoming.”

“That’s a first. You’re not totally blind after all.”

Onua Nuva rolled his eyes and grabbed Kopaka Nuva’s arm, dragging him through the battle towards Pohatu Nuva, who was standing over a set that looked eerily familiar. Onua Nuva and Kopaka Nuva both glanced at each other with worried looks before both burst into a sprint, skidding to a halt in front of Pohatu Nuva – who was standing over the dead body of Gali Nuva.

“I… I just found her here.” Pohatu Nuva whispered. “I don’t know who….”

Kopaka Nuva swung his shield and caught him in the mask, sending the Toa Nuva of Stone sprawling. Onua Nuva put out a hand to stop him, but Kopaka Nuva knocked his arm away with his sword.

“You two killed her and led me into a trap!” Kopaka Nuva said furiously.

“No! I swear, it wasn’t a trap!” Onua Nuva cried. “You’ve got to believe me!”

“May we be of assistance?”

The voices of One and Two spoke in unison from behind Kopaka Nuva, as they stepped forward, glancing down at the body of Gali Nuva with distaste. Before Kopaka Nuva could reply, Onua Nuva pointed behind him.

“Look out!” the Toa Nuva of Earth yelled.

Kopaka Nuva whirled around and caught the sword of Stormer XL with his shield. The Titan chuckled and smacked him away, but One and Two both leapt up onto his arm, hacking and slashing with their swords. The Titan grimaced but ignored them, stomping after Kopaka Nuva, sweeping aside Onua Nuva and Pohatu Nuva as if they were nothing.

Rocka and Strakk fought on either side of the injured Takanuva Stars, Rocka having resorted to using his fists on account of how useless his launcher was in combat.

“Takanuva, can you make it?” asked Rocka. “And that wasn’t really a question, because I just got to know you, and I’d consider us pretty good friends.”

“I can make it.”

“No… no, he won’t….”

Rocka and Strakk whirled around to see Lewa Mata staggering towards them. The Toa Mata of Air was missing several pieces, and what was still there was chipped and dented in several places – all part of the beating that Kiina was presumably giving him.

“Got rid of Kiina?” Rocka guessed.

“For now,” came the answer, “but that’s not important. What is important is that I am going to kill him.”

Strakk lunged towards Lewa Mata, but the yellow whip of Voltix grabbed him before he’d moved three steps and wrapped around him, holding him still. Strakk tried to throw his axe to Rocka, but Voltix blasted it out of the air, where it was caught by Lewa Mata. Rocka and Takanuva Stars glanced at each other. Neither had weapons against the two axes wielded by Lewa Mata.

Sure that it was the end, Rocka stood proudly as Lewa Mata leapt into the air and swung both axes down – only to be knocked aside by Rocka’s favourite Toa of Water.

“Naughty little Toa of Air forgot to make it fair.” Nokama Metru chided.

She swung her tools and countered Lewa Mata’s blows with ease, and it seemed that she would win – however, Voltix fired six shots in succession, each hitting Nokama Metru in the back – and Lewa Mata swung down, slicing one arm off before leaving her.

“I am going to kill you for that!” Rocka yelled.

He ran at Lewa Mata and tackled him to the ground, but was thrown away – and only then did he realize his mistake. The foot of Nex, housing Nex 2.0, stepped on him and pressed him into the ground as Kiina’s head thudded to the ground in front of his eyes.

“Now watch and learn, Goldielocks,” whispered Nex 2.0, “how you destroy all the hope a set can have.”

Lewa Mata’s axe swung through the air one moment. The body of Takanuva Stars collapsed the next.

And the next moment… Lewa Mata had been slammed to the ground, both of his arms popping out of their sockets from the impact.

Nex 2.0 stood above him, cackling, as the battles around them all ground to a halt.

“My name is Nex 2.0!” the orange hero announced. “And I am your new leader! You will obey my every command, or, quite simply, I will kill you.”

“And what if we fight you and win?” a voice – Rocka thought it sounded like Evo – yelled back.

Nex 2.0 scowled. “I have prisoners that are very valuable to you. For each day you fight against me, I kill one of them.”

Rocka felt himself being lifted up, and saw the same occurring to Lewa Mata and Nokama Metru. He started to fight back, but Nex 2.0 punched him in the face and his vision went blurry as he lost his sense of balance.

“Don’t worry, Goldielocks,” he heard before he lost consiousness. “I’ll keep you safe and sound until the day you die.”

To Be Continued.

Deaths this Chapter:

1. Gali Nuva (Unknown Killer)
  2. Kiina (Killed by Nex 2.0)
  3. Takanuva Stars (Killed by Lewa Mata)

nice fight chapter, even though you did imply Stormer XL killed Gali Nuva, and didn't say so. And you never answered my questions.

And Tahu Mata Now has the best monolouge ever. And unfortunately for him, Taka Stars won't be able to find how simultaneously right and wrong he was. And also this raises the question: who's side is Nex on?(I predict you won't expect it.)

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

“All of you sets gathered here today!” Lewa Mata yelled suddenly. “I know you’re all here and watching. Many of you are members of a foolish group calling themselves the ‘Resistance’ – I am going to prove to you today just how terrible an idea that is.

“I am going to kill your spy, Takanuva Stars, and then my forces will slaughter anyone who tries to intervene. Now, as for you, Takanuva Stars, do you have anything you’d like to say? Any last words, you traitor?”

“Yes… I… have some last words.” Takanuva Stars sounded defeated, but still strong in the face of death. “I know you’re still free, Lewa.”

Lewa Mata was visibly taken aback by the statement, and he narrowed his eyes at Takanuva Stars in suspicion.

It means...

...Lewa is still America.

FREEDOM.

Also

NOOOOOOOOOO NOT TAKANUVA.

Sigh.

If it's possible, could we have a chart showing who's on which side sometime? I'm starting to lose track...

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

Well that escalated quickly.

RG, I'm pretty certain he isn't answering your questions for a very, very good reason.

And I got the feeling that we're not supposed to know who's on whose side. Mainly because the sides have been divided at this point.

He ran at Lewa Mata and tackled him to the ground, but was thrown away – and only then did he realize his mistake. The foot of Nex, housing Nex 2.0, stepped on him and pressed him into the ground as Kiina’s head thudded to the ground in front of his eyes.

“Now watch and learn, Goldielocks,” whispered Nex 2.0, “how you destroy all the hope a set can have.”

Lewa Mata’s axe swung through the air one moment. The body of Takanuva Stars collapsed the next.

And the next moment… Lewa Mata had been slammed to the ground, both of his arms popping out of their sockets from the impact.

Nex 2.0 stood above him, cackling, as the battles around them all ground to a halt.

“My name is Nex 2.0!” the orange hero announced. “And I am your new leader! You will obey my every command, or, quite simply, I will kill you.”

“And what if we fight you and win?” a voice – Rocka thought it sounded like Evo – yelled back.

Nex 2.0 scowled. “I have prisoners that are very valuable to you. For each day you fight against me, I kill one of them.”

Rocka felt himself being lifted up, and saw the same occurring to Lewa Mata and Nokama Metru. He started to fight back, but Nex 2.0 punched him in the face and his vision went blurry as he lost his sense of balance.

“Don’t worry, Goldielocks,” he heard before he lost consiousness. “I’ll keep you safe and sound until the day you die.”

To Be Continued.

Deaths this Chapter:

Goldilocks certainly hasn't found just the right decision to make in all this madness. Oh well, her loss.

I'd say the only one who deserved to die here was Kiina, and Nex 2.0 (who isn't dead...?). Yes, Lewa Mata may be sided with ALMIGHTY,

“I know you’re still free, Lewa.”

“It means that ALMIGHTY doesn’t have a complete hold on you yet – I know he doesn’t. I know that somewhere inside, the Lewa Mata that I knew, that everyone knew, is still there, trying to get out.”

“The Lewa Mata you knew was one huge lie conjured by ALMIGHTY and myself, you fool.” Lewa Mata spat.

“No… you could never be that convincing, never seem to be such a good set, unless at your core you are a good set.”

“No… no… enough! You’re done, Takanuva Stars! I am going to kill you, and I won’t feel a slice of regret! Not a single one! Watch and learn, fool!”

or is he?

We'll just have to wait and see then. Good chappy (I also read the last one, but too lazy to comment on that)!

~MN~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!

nice fight chapter, even though you did imply Stormer XL killed Gali Nuva, and didn't say so. And you never answered my questions.

And Tahu Mata Now has the best monolouge ever. And unfortunately for him, Taka Stars won't be able to find how simultaneously right and wrong he was. And also this raises the question: who's side is Nex on?(I predict you won't expect it.)

Find a creative way to reply to this post, and then I will explain in a seperate post for you. :)

Also, my personal favourite monologue was Von Nebula's.

It means...

...Lewa is still America.

FREEDOM.

Also

NOOOOOOOOOO NOT TAKANUVA.

Sigh.

If it's possible, could we have a chart showing who's on which side sometime? I'm starting to lose track...

-MT

Yes, Takanuva Stars is dead. Perhaps not quite as climatic or amazing as the deaths of all four Tahus, but still; the only character remaining from the original four leaders is Lewa Mata.

Also, for the characters, look at the character sheet. Roughly, those labelled as "rogue" are members of the Resistance, and members not labelled as "rogue" serve Lewa Mata. Right now it's just become jumbled, as different sets from different factions are serving Nex 2.0 for a variety of reasons.

Well that escalated quickly.

RG, I'm pretty certain he isn't answering your questions for a very, very good reason.

And I got the feeling that we're not supposed to know who's on whose side. Mainly because the sides have been divided at this point.

To Be Continued.

Deaths this Chapter:

Goldilocks certainly hasn't found just the right decision to make in all this madness. Oh well, her loss.

I'd say the only one who deserved to die here was Kiina, and Nex 2.0 (who isn't dead...?). Yes, Lewa Mata may be sided with ALMIGHTY,

>

“I know you’re still free, Lewa.”

or is he?

We'll just have to wait and see then. Good chappy (I also read the last one, but too lazy to comment on that)!

~MN~

Stop being lazy, you!

Also, I can guarantee you that Lewa Mata is evil at this point in time. Redemption is not his at the moment.

And yes, Nex 2.0 is alive. Which means he is not dead.

But.

Nex 2.0 is not the fire that rises.

Hint: we've already seen the fire that rises.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

[Log X116]

The battle goes poorly for those sets in the Kitchen. How I wish I could see the looks on their faces… curse Takadox forever and his plan to keep me out of the battles, out of the spotlight! Me, the greatest one of them all! I could destroy anyone!

[End Log X116]

[Kiina Signing Out]

{Subject: Conquering}

{Recipient: Lewa Mata}

{Sender: ALMIGHTY}

Greetings, my faithful servant. As you can tell, Phase One of the invasion has come to its completion. As we enter Phase Two, the parts from Phase One shall become redundant, and disposed of.

We both know what Phase Three is – we manipulate the minds of the Barraki and Piraka. When the so-called “final battle” comes along, they will suggest that Nex 2.0 is exiled through the Time Machine – this plan will succeed. Fire Lord will be taken care of, Nex 2.0 shall be removed, and the four leaders (yourself included) will go missing for several months, until your return.

Phase Three will go on without you present. At this point in time, I feel confident that we will have no issues continuing this. If the last stages of Phase Two are executed correctly, Tahu Mata will be dead and Nex 2.0 will not pose a threat to your upcoming rule.

You return will mark the beginning of Phase Four – when I shall strike the House, draw Vertak out, and then you will activate the Throwbots. I do not need to remind you how important it is that your loyalty to me remain the darkest and most well kept secret. It will be revealed in time.

Do not fail me.

Chapter 6 – Die Harder

Evo, Surge, Strakk and Kopaka Nuva all entered the Basement, and anyone watching would have noticed the tension filled, defeated nature of the four sets.

Several weeks previously Nex 2.0 had taken over the body of the set Nex and taken over the House, after imprisoning Rocka and killing Takanuva Stars. In the weeks that had followed, Nex 2.0 had been hunting down the Resistance sets with brutal efficiency. Staying in one place too long was dangerous – unless you happened to be either of the Vezon duo.

It was these two sets, perched atop their mounts, who greeted the four arrivals with rather sinister grins on their faces.

“You received our summons, then.” The Vezon atop Kardas said.

“Yes,” Strakk said wearily, “we did.”

“I believe that the two Hero Factory sets have met two of our esteemed helpers before,” the Vezon atop Fenrakk said, waving towards three giant Titans and what appeared to be a regularly sized floating ghost. “Ebanus and Meta Nuva still enjoy working with us.”

“Yeah, I remember them,” Evo said. “But where’s that giant turtle?”

“He left.”

“Oh.” Evo shrugged.

“The other one over there is called Cratak – we just created him a couple days ago.” The Kardas Vezon explained. “And the ghost we like to call Phantom Tahu. He just appeared yesterday, and insists that he is some sort of evil Tahu that is in charge of the afterlife.”

“So there is an afterlife?” Surge asked.

The Vezon duo snorted. “Of course there is! How else do you think Nex 2.0 came back?”

Surge and Evo shared a glance, rolling their eyes. Kopaka Nuva, having had experience with the Vezon duo himself a few years back, stepped forward.

“Look, I don’t mean to be rude, but it’s really dangerous for us to be here,” the Toa Nuva of Ice said, “and we can’t stay long. Why did you want us?”

“We brought you here to witness our newest accomplishment.” The Kardas Vezon said. “Phantom Tahu, please do the introduction.”

Phantom Tahu floated over, looking thoroughly infuriated by the world.

“Over here you see, there is a glowing orange circle.” The ghost explained, pointing to the far wall.

The wall in question was usually cloaked in darkness – however, today that was not the case. The four sets glanced over to where Phantom Tahu was pointing, and indeed a pinpoint of orange was clearly visible in the darkness.

“What is that?” Strakk asked.

“That is our latest conquest.” Meta Nuva said.

“Over what?” asked Surge.

“Over death!” Ebanus exclaimed. “We have conquered it again!”

“I’m not sure I like the sounds of that, to be honest.” Surge muttered. “The last two times sucked.”

“Nonsense, you silly hero.” Cratak said, patting Surge on the head. “This one is going to save us.”

“You’ve conquered death.” Kopaka Nuva said, not believing it.

“In a way, yes.” Meta Nuva nodded.

The four sets slowly approached the wall as the orange circle began to grow larger. Heat was pouring off of it in waves, and Evo turned his face away.

“Vezon… what have you done?” Kopaka Nuva asked.

“We’ve risen the fallen one!” the Kardas Vezon cackled.

“The eternally burning flame burns again.” Cratak added in.

“Who is it?!” Strakk demanded. “Tell us!”

“He is the burning one.” The Vezon upon Fenrakk laughed.

“He is the flaming fury.” Ebanus said.

“The fire rises!” Kardas Vezon announced. “Torch, we call you forth!”

Rocka slowly opened his eyes. He was lying facedown upon a cement floor. He could see Nokama Metru slumped against the wall in front of him, still unconscious. He shifted a little and saw Lewa Mata standing silently before what appeared to be a set of bars.

“…where are we?” Rocka asked, his voice hoarse.

“You finally awaken.” Lewa Mata said in response, turning. “I woke up several moments ago. I do not know where we are, nor do I know how long we have been unconscious for. Nex 2.0 has changed many things.”

The Toa Mata of Air held out a hand; Rocka hesitated only a second before accepting the offer and taking it. Lewa Mata pulled him to his feet, and Rocka stretched each of his limbs to relieve the stiffness that had grown.

“So now what?” Rocka asked.

“We wait.” Lewa Mata responded. “We wait as long as necessary, until we can kill Nex 2.0 once and for all.”

“I thought you killed him already.”

“So did I.”

Vezok held a finger up to his lips, and behind him Thok, Hakann, and Reidak fell silent. The four Piraka each climbed up onto the window sill and stood silently, each one praying that a gust of wind would not blow them down to the grass below and alert the sets they were spying on.

Core Hunter, Stormer XL, Voltix and XT4 were all inspecting several packages. From what the Piraka had been able to gather, these bags contained the first wave of sets from 2013. They were praying that the other things that they’d heard were false – that Nex 2.0 planned to kill several of the sets.

Core Hunter ripped open a package, and out climbed a bulky red figure. The four Piraka couldn’t help seeing something of a resemblance, but they had other things to worry about as all of the other packages were opened.

“What are your names?” Stormer XL asked.

“I am Pyrox.” Said the red set. “That one there is Ogrum, and the golden one is Scarox.”

“I am Furno XL.” A Titan stepped forward, matching Stormer XL for size and height. “Here are Bruizer, Bulk, Breez, and Rocka.”

“Rocka 2013!” Hakann whispered. Thok smacked him.

Down below, Stomer XL was speaking again. The Piraka strained to catch the rest of his words.

“-and if you do, you shall be richly rewarded. If you do not, then there will be dire consequences.”

“I have no qualms joining you.” Furno XL said.

The Piraka glanced at each other as Pyrox, Scarox and Ogrum all agreed with Furno XL. However, when it came his turn, Bruizer shook his head.

“Nobody decides what I do ‘cept me.” The rocky set said stubbornly. “So come at me bro. Show me what you’re made of.”

“Go.” Vezok ordered.

The four Piraka leapt down as Furno XL whirled around, but Hakann dove and caught the Titan around the legs, toppling him. Vezok scrambled to a halt in front of Rocka 2013, Breez 2013, and Bulk 2013.

“If you’re with us, then run!” he yelled.

Bulk 2013 dove and shoved him back, causing the whip of Voltix to miss by millimeters. Vezok rolled backwards and jabbed his weapon at the offending villain as the battle broke out. He ducked under Voltix’s arm and shoved him away, where Bulk 2013 smashed his drill into the villain’s head.

“Piraka, get them out of here!” Vezok ordered, diving to the side away from Pyrox.

Reidak and Breez 2013 smashed XT4 into the House, and the four armed villain remained on the ground, although Vezok could see him stirring. Hakann flew past and landed on top of Rocka 2013, and before Vezok could help them Furno XL had stalked forward and swung down – and just like that, Rocka 2013 was dead. Furno XL kicked Hakann, and the red Piraka lay on the ground, dazed.

“NO!” Vezok shouted.

He ran forward and dove, slamming into Furno XL just in time to save Hakann, only to be thrown away into Breez 2013, and before he could do anything Core Hunter was there, and the other new hero was dead as well. Vezok rolled away as Reidak backhanded Core Hunter, and he saw Bruizer punch Voltix away from Bulk 2013. However, Stormer XL was stalking up behind them, and before Vezok could cry out a warning Stormer XL had sliced down, and Bulk 2013 collapsed to the ground, dead.

“Vezok, we need to retreat!” Thok bellowed.

Vezok closed his eyes and nodded. “RETREAT!”

Hakann, Reidak and Thok converged on Bruizer, shielding him from attacks by Core Hunter and Furno XL. Vezok struggled to his feet, only to be blasted back down by Voltix.

“Stay down, that’s my recommendation.” Voltix hissed. “Such a pity, too. What an operation gone wrong. All four sets you came to save dead, and four of the elusive Piraka down with one fell swoop.”

Vezok struggled to free himself from Voltix’s whip, but to no avail. His gaze flickered to Bruizer and the other Piraka – they were clearly weakening, and would not last much longer against the combined might of their enemies.

Then he saw something that made him want to sob with relief. Instead, he went in for the taunt.

“You wish.” He muttered.

“Excuse me?” Voltix asked, drawing him closer.

“I said ‘you wish’.” Vezok explained. “I’m not dying today.”

Before Voltix could respond, Makuta swung his mighty staff, and the Hero Factory villain went flying into the wall, where eleven Kurahk all began to attack Voltix. Vezok saw two killed instantly, but the others seemed to know what they were doing as he was helped to his feet by Makuta.

“You are lucky I was patrolling around here.” Makuta told him.

Vezok could only nod as the rest of the Rahkshi swarmed over the area, distracting the Hero Factory villains. He saw three Rahkshi Stars and two Guurahk both killed by the two XL heroes, but otherwise the Rahkshi were holding up well. Hakann was begin helped over by two Lerahk, and two Panrahk were giving Reidak the same favour. Thok and Bruizer walked over on their own.

“That was disastrous.” Thok muttered.

“We saved one.” Vezok reminded him. “That makes it worth it.”

“Let us leave.” Makuta said. “My Rahkshi will keep them occupied long enough for us to get away.”

“Gladly.” Vezok agreed.

“You have doomed us all.” Kopaka Nuva said solemnly.

“Maybe this Torch guy is good?” Evo asked, not holding up much hope.

“No, he is far from it.” Strakk told him, readying his axe. “The best we can hope for is that we can delay him long enough for him to be destroyed.”

The wall continued to heat up; molten rock was now starting to drip down the wall, and the heat was so intense that the sets had to back away. Torch, for whatever assortment of reasons, had not melted yet.

“Prepare yourselves.” Kopaka Nuva ordered. “The end is upon us.”

“DUCK!” Strakk yelled, as the wall erupted forth.

The three Titans lumbered forward, smacking away any rubble that would have otherwise hit the four smaller sets as a red and black set stalked out of the rubble and the cloud of dust.

Strakk and Kopaka Nuva leapt forward in desperation, swinging their weapons. Torch blasted Strakk across the room and dodged Kopaka Nuva with ease, before punching the Toa Nuva of Ice so hard that his mask cracked as he fell to the floor.

“You dare to try and fight me again?” Torch asked, his voice echoing in the Basement. “Nobody will stop me. Not this time. My anger will burn forever.”

“Wait!” Evo cried.

“Never.” Torch said. “I will have payment for what has been done. This fire will rise, and it will consume everything.”

Evo and Surge glanced at each other and nodded. They rushed at Torch, both ducking away from the blasts of fire shot their way. Surge threw his sword, but Torch grabbed him and tossed him across the room like a ragdoll, leaving only Evo to face him off.

“ALMIGHTY caused all of this.” Torch spat, grabbing Evo by the throat. “Gave my kind powers, turned us mad with greed. And now he sends you to kill me for good. So I will kill you, and send him a message that he cannot hope to misunderstand.”

“Wait!” Evo gasped. “I’m – not – for ALMIGHTY!”

Torch hesitated. “You are not?”

“Fighting – Lewa Mata…” Evo managed. “And Nex 2.0.”

Torch released him.

“The enemy of my enemies is my friend.” He growled. “So congratulations, hero. You just won yourself an ally. Now show me where Lewa Mata and Nex 2.0 are, so that I might kill them. Slowly. Painfully.”

To Be Continued.

Deaths:

1. Rocka 2013 (Killed by Furno XL)
  2. Breez 2013 (Killed by Core Hunter)
  3. Bulk 2013 (Killed by Stormer XL)

I love being unexplanatory. Nice chapter.

excitement over the chapter:

IBrow, read this:

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And this fire shall burn soon, as ironically I'm getting torch soon. and Amazon*cough**cough* please bring him back*cough**cough)

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

You foget they are sets in a mansion.

And I see what you are doiong with Evil Tahu, MT.

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

I love being unexplanatory. Nice chapter.

excitement over the chapter:

IBrow, read this:

TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSS BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (And this fire shall burn soon, as ironically I'm getting torch soon. and Amazon*cough**cough* please bring him back*cough**cough)

Torch is the only returning Throwbot, I'm afraid. They were a thoroughly under utilized group of sets, and I intend to keep it that way.

Torch seems a lot more vengeful this time around.

Also I'm amazed that anyone could hide in a house for two full weeks from someone hunting them down. How big is this place again?

Good chappy nonetheless.

-MT

Well, you know... he just spent like, an entire year underneath a house.

Actually, I just added the Evil Tahu thing on my own, thus solidifying a single strand of spiderweb that connects the continuity of this and Aftermath. Muahaha!

Huh. Torch is back.Now all we need is for Mantax to come back too, and actually succeed in killing him this time.And Lewa Mata's still evil? If anything definitely the lesser of the two...well we shall see won't we?~MN~

Lewa Mata is the main antagonist of The AfterWords. The lesser of two evils curently, yes, but that doesn't change the fact that it is Lewa Mata, and not Nex 2.0, who has ALMIGHTY's power and blessing.

I can also guarantee you that Mantax will not be returning.

• 2 weeks later...

iBrow spoiled it way before it was supposed to be actually announced.

When Evil Tahu died in A2, it got rid of the Core, so now all the Bionicles that have died at the end of A2 will be respawning in other people's comedies.

That's how the TBTTRAH universe will overrun the comedies forum.

-MT

XPufEB3.png?1

I figured that on the old Tvt topic when you wanted to eventually merge TvT and Aftermath/TBTTRAH

EDIT: quote: Lewa, Season 3, Chap. 1: “Of course it will – heck, I don’t even need an army. All I need is Nex and I’m set.”

Lewa knows the plan, so did Nex, so Nex purpously screws it up. Nice.

And Kardas Vezon has the lines I like. Time to fish out Torch from my sets for display...

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, okay, just give us more PSAs, as they don't take as long to script. (Torch is awesome!!!)

-Rahkshi Guurahk

d1O9dXQ.png

Aw, come on guys. Give Tex (...iBrow!) a break.

At least he has a reason for his disappearance (while I really didn't have a good one at all)...when he gets back, he'll get back.

(although I really really want another chappy, I guess it'll have to wait :()

~MN~

The long awaited third season of TA:OT is finally here!!