The Undying World

Parugi

The Undying World

A Gathering Place to Discuss Events

Perpetual Role-Playing ~ Perpetual Profiles

Welcome to the discussion topic for Perpetual! This is the place to plan, to discuss events, to theorize about the future of the RPG, and to ask questions about general aspects of the game, such as past plot and characters, among whatever else you can think of. In addition to being a gathering place for the players, a list of recent/current in-game plot updates will be kept here, so as to help people keep track of what is happening.

A Brief Note

Some people have expressed concern about not being able to play due to either not playing Day Run and/or Night Ride, or due to not understanding the plots of one or the other. While Perpetual is a partial continuation of their story, the plot here is not tied completely to either of them. So, while knowledge of the events in the past two RPGs would certainly be beneficial, it is not at all required to understand or participate in what will occur in this one.

In short, please consider joining even if you aren't sure things will make sense--I'm aiming to make things as playable as possible here. =)

With that said, I hope you guys enjoy playing!

Archive of Important Events

-??/??/??--Lyxek initiates Immortal Factor.

-12/30/12--Kovian and Sanshou go to visit the abandoned Team Zero base on Kai-Nam.

-12/31/12--Veran and Levacius engage in a brawl in Ga-Metru; Calik, Calerix, Vertak, Gargh, and Thane all get involved to varying degrees.

-12/31/12--Kaytana goes to retrieve Lyxek's files from his abandoned throne room, though is interrupted/robbed by Okena.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

Locations: It's a pretty simple process. Just send me a PM with the title "Location: [insert name here]", and then write a brief paragraph--about as long as the ones for the locations in the main Perpetual post--describing the general landscape of the place and how it has been changed by the post-Immortal Factor events. If I see no problem with the location, then I'll add it to the locations section in the main post.

(Basically, just think of how the island was before the Immortal Factor came into play, and then tell us how things changed there over time once people stopped being able to die.)

Opening post: I'm definitely going to be making a biggish post for my first post, but you don't need to wait for me to get started--as things stand I'm multitasking for several RPGs at the moment, so it might take a while if you wait on me. :P

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

You mean the Immortal Factor? That's a gameplay mechanic--there's an entire section devoted to explaining it in the main post. :P

But yes, in short, it will affect player characters--though there are a limited number of times that you can be revived and still function, and the regeneration works less and less with each revival as a result.

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

So, uh.... Can somebody explain two things? I know DR/NR knowledge isn't needed but I would like to know the answer to my questions.1. What, exactly, was Lyxek's plan?2. Are the Ferenaki based on the Flood, and are they the antagonist or just NPC 's to push the plot?

GT: Jl1223 X <----add me :3

(╯◕_◕)╯

BZPRPG Profiles 2013

1. Lyxek's plan was a very long, very complicated process that basically aimed to resurrect Ruaki, a "God of Death," for lack of a better description, that had been partially destroyed during Night Ride. The ultimate goal of his plan was for him to become immortal; in this universe, he extended that to the entire universe, bringing about the current situation.

That's the gist of it. If you want, I can find time to write a more detailed explanation later. :)

2. Yes, the Feranaki are based off the Flood, and the answer is kind of-ish and yes--they are antagonists and they are important to the plot, but they are not the only enemy that will be faced.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

I love that in the first page of gameplay, we have a small riot playing out in Ga-Metru. One thing you can say about life in the post mortal world...it's never boring.

I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You are wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.

You guys are never boring is what should be said. =PAny place that a guy who has seemingly accepted his fate to die over and over could jump in, since the fight has ended? I'd have him pass by someone who wanted an answer to something, however, there doesn't appear to be anyone like that. =P

You guys are never boring is what should be said. =PAny place that a guy who has seemingly accepted his fate to die over and over could jump in, since the fight has ended? I'd have him pass by someone who wanted an answer to something, however, there doesn't appear to be anyone like that. =P

Feel free to mention that Vertak nearly ran him over, and we could work out the rest of an encounter from there.

Also FYI guys, the Tumbler is a car, not a ship. It is quite literally the tank-like vehicle Batman used in the Nolan trilogy.

-ibrow

Alright, done. Vertak may be surprised with the differences in Kairan, including his newly hopeless personality. =P

Kairan might be a bit surprised at Vertak. Whom I must try harder to make more depressed and such.

iBrow's RPing skills stink something awful after him not really using them since like, June.

-ibrow

Lev: A little background story about this Kairan, actually; this is a separate Kairan from the IoP one. I toyed with the idea of having them be one and the same, especially when Greel appeared; but for continuity sake, I split them. So in this alt-universe, there's technically two Kairan out there; Kairan Wolfblade from IoP, and this Kairan, who directly participated in the events that caused this. The fact that a lot of people died or even died after the events from the multiple deaths thing, along with the pure fatc that they failed and his still-unbalanced mental state from events during Day Run, means that he took the losses harder than most people. So he's basically retired from trying to help people, since they'll just be killed anyway; kinda regressing to his emotional state after his island was destroyed(Which was never shown because of not putting up the source RPG, due to ToD randomly vanishing. =P).Wall of text, I know, but tl;dr statement, if it doesn't sound like the usual Kairan, it's because it isn't. =PVertak: We'll see. =P

Not all the time. =P I would've done that with this series, but then I made Blade in Techna be the Kairan from Island of Pain. xD So this time, there's two Kairans running side-by-side. Maybe that's why the time of Kairan Wolfblade and this kairan is so dang chaotic; because there's two people trying to save the world at the same time, so the universe has to have more threats to combat that. =P

Not all the time. =P I would've done that with this series, but then I made Blade in Techna be the Kairan from Island of Pain. xD So this time, there's two Kairans running side-by-side. Maybe that's why the time of Kairan Wolfblade and this kairan is so dang chaotic; because there's two people trying to save the world at the same time, so the universe has to have more threats to combat that. =P

It's always Toa of Lightning that have to deal with the big stuff, eh?

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

Hey, how come now one told me about this? =P

So, what happened to the group that infiltrated the KNPD headquarters (the one Artorre was with), and what happened to Aranai?

- :burnmad:

----

Hi, Burnmad! The exact details of what happened to the groups is still not known, but the general gist of it is that essentially all three of the groups failed in their goal. The KNPD HQ group failed to get the Director to self-destruct, causing Sensha to die, the Director to be absorbed into Ruaki, Lurinost to vanish with the members of the Ring, and the others--Sanshou, Brother, Waiter, etc.--were all forced to retreat. So Artorre is probably just out there somewhere at this point.

As for Aranai--she was a Ring member, right? She either vanished with the Ring after Lyxek implemented immortality, or, like Kaytana, was left on Kai-Nam for whatever purpose.

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Alright then. Also, forgot about Peacemaker. He probably would have joined forces with Artorre, in what I, at the moment, think would probably be an attempt at establishing government and law enforcement somewhere. (Unless you have a better idea, iBrow. I don't have my heart set on that)

If that's what we end up doing, anyone else want in?

- :burnmad:

Oh no. I finally get a job and all my BZPower time goes away, forcing me to abandon my RPG, and when I finally check back to see how much I've missed, Parugi puts up another RPG! I want to play this so bad, but time restraints force me to reconsider. Maybe if I didn't have twenty characters at once?

We shall see, I guess. Here's to hoping this RPG is awesome like all of Parugi's other ones! Yes, I am saying this in case I dissapear once again.

-----------------------------

--------- “BRUH” -Makuta, probably ---------

-----------------------------

Depends. If the body is completely destroyed--disintegrated, for instance, or if it's a Rahi or another being that got eaten--they would just appear elsewhere after a certain amount of time. If it's a physical death blow like Veran's, then it simply regenerates.

Of course, how unhurt they are when they resurrect depends on how many times they have have died before, so that's another factor.

Also, hi, Kal! i was wondering where you were! :P

Edited by Parugi

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

Nope. I've always imagined the Tryna as working on the level of essentially taking control of the inactive mental space within the body, so to speak; with their souls--or AI--essentially trapped, it wouldn't be able to override the controls of the body.

Also, my apologies for being gone--but dang; it seems a lot of people have disappeared already. Well, hopefully things will pick up once I make my next post--it should bring about something to do...

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png