8339662746_51f302a9d5_n.jpg
Flickr

The Luminous Cuttlefish, spacecraft of the intrepid Teuthian pilot Squishy McSquiddles, with which McSquiddles explores the far reaches of the Gafflar Nebula.As I rarely build with System, and generally am pretty poor at System builds, many thanks to Peterlmorris of Flickr, whose cockpit boxes provided a great base for this fighter. :DAlso, Galaxy Squad sets are awesome and Warp Stinger probably has the most useful parts collection out of any set I've bought in years.Hopefully a new topic in SBC will draw more attention to this unfortunately sparse forum.

~B~ Edited by Ballom

Immediately loving the lime green. I wouldn't put down your system abilities, this is really cool, sleek and surprisingly curvy for a system build. As far as I can tell, almost the whole thing is SNOT right? It's done particularly well on the nose. The lightsaber hilts on the side stand out a little, I reckon they'd be better in black.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

• 2 weeks later...

Immediately loving the lime green. I wouldn't put down your system abilities, this is really cool, sleek and surprisingly curvy for a system build. As far as I can tell, almost the whole thing is SNOT right? It's done particularly well on the nose. The lightsaber hilts on the side stand out a little, I reckon they'd be better in black.

Well, I haven't built too many fully custom vehicles in System -- really, the last thing was the Hem'sfar'ta, and that was a four-wheeled vehicle, not a spaceship. And I can't take all the credit anyway, since Peterlmorris made the cockpit design; I just built on it. But thanks for the comment. :)

Most of the ship is indeed SNOT, however. The lime pieces really came in useful for that. Sadly, I don't have any lightsaber hilts in black (do those come in black?), so the chrome ones had to do. Luckily, they don't stick out like a sore thumb.

Slick build! I'm loving the curved boxes by the cockpit. The purple stripes in front look a little boxy- is there a way to end them with a cheese slope? I love the purple thrusters.

I actually ran out of purple cheese slopes, since I only had 2 to begin with, and unfortunately LEGO doesn't make a 1-tile thick cheese slope. On the other hand, I left the purple stripes that way to seem like a recurring design on the ship's front. As for the trans-purple thrusters, I love them too. The cocoon pieces from the Warp Stinger really came in handy, especially since they match the trans-purple cones elsewhere on the ship.

Sadly it seems that this forum is still rarely visited, but I appreciate the comments, guys! :D~B~

Edited by Ballom