The Great Beings

Kopaka068

These are my takes on the Great Beings. These are old models, and were posted on here before, but that was over two years ago on the old forum, so I'm just uploading them here for everyone to see.

I've had responses in the past say these look like the Element Lords, well, before we knew what they look like. I pictured each Great Being representing one of the tribes of Spherus Magna, so that's how I designed them. Well, I hope you enjoy them.

(Click on each thumbnail to link to the full-size picture.)

Crexon

crexon_by_silvaze068-d2q7ksu.jpg

Heremus

heremus_by_silvaze068-d2r0sl7.jpg

Velika

velika_by_silvaze068-d36nwde.jpg

Angonce

angonce_by_silvaze068-d30gvdw.jpg

Retulin

retulin_by_silvaze068-d33prw3.jpg

Zyllix

zyllix_by_silvaze068-d36i92t.jpg

Please comment, and that's my mark in the bottom right corner, so no stealing!

Edited by Kopaka068

Well without viewing this cannonically these are awesome MOC's

But,

• GB's have robes, you might have used the good old Vezon coat.
  • GB's are not elemental, of course it's hard to make BBC without the elemental theme, so I'll overlook this one
  • These look like awesome titan forms of the Glatorian maybe remove the masks and just use a solid Hero-Factory head in place and cover it whith a coat?

I'm back!

In his defense Dual Matrix, I'd like to point out that we know too little about the GBs to clame they are not elemental. Perhaps, it is possible for some of the population to specialize in elemental powers, and others be more science-oriented. Just like how in fantasy fiction, there are humans who mages, warriors, or both!

On the MOCs, I'd agree in saying that they look like titan-sized versions of the glatorian sets that you used to build them. The solution to this would be re-working them with a neutral color scheme such as white/silver, black/silver, silver/grey/gray, or whatnot that doesn't suggest elemental powers if you're going for the whole "GB's not being elemental-capable" concept. Robes are optional, but if you do, I suggest buying cloth of the color you need, and cutting it so it would fit them. Don't strap on Vezon capes, or anything from KK or the new Furno XL and call it a day. That would detract from the model IMO.

Well without viewing this cannonically these are awesome MOC's

But,

• GB's have robes, you might have used the good old Vezon coat.
  • GB's are not elemental, of course it's hard to make BBC without the elemental theme, so I'll overlook this one
  • These look like awesome titan forms of the Glatorian maybe remove the masks and just use a solid Hero-Factory head in place and cover it whith a coat?

Yeah, I'm not aiming to be canonically accurate here. I originally didn't plan to build the Great Beings when I built the first one, Crexon. It just happened. And you can't argue they're not elemental. We know barely anything about them.

Lastly, regular Glatorian heads for this size set would look ridiculously tiny, and the Vezon coat wouldn't cover them at all.

Guest Takua the Chronicler7

That is so cool. I suggest you should make one for Velika(before Matoran form) and the one that touched the Ignika.

They looks more like Elemental Lords than Great Beings to me :/But great MOCs nonetheless.

99.9% of BIONICLE fans forgot about Podu. If you happen to be the 0.1% that still remember him, copy and paste this into your sig.

That is so cool. I suggest you should make one for Velika(before Matoran form) and the one that touched the Ignika.

They're included in there, just never designated which one was which. Although Velika being a Great Being wasn't around when I made them. I always pictured Zyllix as being the one cursed by the Ignika, and I'd have to say Oonkar is Velika, assuming he changed his name. I don't know if Velika changed his name to that or if he was known as Velika while a Great Being.

They're great, alright ;P-When commenting on MOC topics, please provide a more constructive post.

~Makaru

Edited by Makaru
Spam

I turned out to be exactly the grown-up I wanted to be.
A child - but with a credit card.

wsjf4.png

Kanohi upside down = epic beard.

We've all tried it, don't deny it.

• 5 weeks later...