Core Hunter Revamp

Zorrakh

01.jpg_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it's not incredibly complex. It's essentially a modified version of the torso I use for humanoid creations. The legs and arms are made from

scratch as well. I really liked the solid look and feel the original set model had, and I wanted to expand upon that a bit without making it bulky and cumbersome. At first I went with a sleeker design for the arms - a design without the shoulder pads and the connection from the body to the rest of the arm being closer together - but it seemed to be missing something, so I went with this instead. Unfortunately that took away some of the posability, but I think it looks good. I also wanted to go for a kind of limb-swapping thing, with various weapons, spider legs, wheels, etc., but after some time it just seemed a bit too involved for a character that apparantly isn't in the story. :D

Some inspiration for this came from Samus from the Metroid Series, Dyson from the TV series TRON: Uprising ([shameless plug]which is an incredibly well-written, well-

designed show and is also incredibly underviewed [/shameless plug]), and Lockdown from Transformers: Animated.

Front

Left

Back

Right

Launcher Close-up

"Alas, poor Hero, I knew him briefly!"

Two Hands, No Weapons

He Wants YOU!

Thanks for look and please post your thoughts. :)

His midsection looks a wee bit too thin but everything else is super-duper! I've actually considered making a revamp of him as well but alas; time has failed me :( I spent the entire vacation playing Assassin's Creed III and I think it's going to reflect on my grades this semester :PMy carelessness aside, great MOC! :tohu:

31775851601_1a2a5bc5d1_m.jpg

"Welcome to Valhalla, Warrior."

Recent MOC's: The Headless Horseman (BBC71 Finalist)    LDD CCBS Chess    The Shadowed One (BBC69)    Nydoretha (Netherealm Empress)

Thanks The Forgotten One. :) I really wanted to give it more mobility compared to the original set, as well as give it more length and solidity.

Thanks Cratak. :) I guess that's what I get for not really looking into the story. :P I'm glad you like the torso; that was actually probably the most difficult part because I wanted to try to keep the proportions correct. I just wish that the Hordika neck pieces came in black instead of just gray.

Thanks DARKSIDERZ. :) Yeah, it's just a little too thin in the mid section for my liking, but unfortunately I don't know if there is really any way to flesh it out just a little more because of the construction.

Oh, and it's great to just play video games during break, that's what I mostly did. That, and build this; I just worked a little on it each day. :P

Thanks again guys. :)

Edited by Zorrakh

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Spiritmaster Veigar. :) Yeah, the torso is a little thin in the middle. You know, though, after giving it some thought, I kind of like how it's just a little thin; not too much, of course, but it gives off a muscular feel to the rest of the torso. With the wider arms and thinner waist, then, it has a nice overall shape to it. I'm not justifying it, but I like it. :P

Thanks pikmin 73. :) I've used this kind of basic torso design a bit longer than I should, but it allows for quite a bit of adaptability, which I like. In a way it's kind of like a skeleton of sorts, and I can just change it enough where I still have the basic design yet it's different enough for it to not be as noticable. I'm glad you like the blaster. I was thinking of adding on some spikes on the front, somewhat akin to twin bayonets, but then I thought that might be a little overkill, plus I wanted to keep the concept the same as the one Samus has.