Summer 2013 Hero Factory sets revealed!

Aanchir

After the London Toy Fair, we got our first non-leaked list of Hero Factory sets for the summer. However, we didn't know what sizes the sets would be and didn't get more than vague descriptions of what they looked like, since London Toy Fair doesn't allow photography. However, now that Nuremberg Toy Fair has taken place, Joe Meno from the AFOL magazine Brickjournal has posted photos of the summer 2013 sets! There are some very exciting designs!First, the list of sets:44008 Surge44009 Dragon Bolt44010 Stormer44011 Frost Beast44012 Evo44013 Aquagon44014 Jet RockaOf these sets, Evo and Aquagon appear to be small sets ($9.99), Surge, Stormer, and Frost Beast appear to be medium sets ($12.99), Dragon Bolt is a large bagged set like Furno XL (probably $19.99), and Jet Rocka is a large boxed set (more than $19.99)Anyway, on to pics:

• [*]
Bags/placeholder packaging (Evo, Aquagon, Bulk, Bruizer, Dragon Bolt)[*]Bags/placeholder packaging (Surge, Breez, Ogrum, Stormer, Frost Beast)[*]Bags/packaging (Rocka, Scarox, Jet Rocka)[*]Sets (Evo, Aquagon, Scarox, Rocka)[*]Sets (Bulk, Bruizer, Surge, Dragon Bolt)[*]Sets (Jet Rocka, Stormer, Frost Beast)[*]Sets (Breez, Ogrum, Jet Rocka, Pyrox, Furno XL, Stormer, Frost Beast)

So what does everyone think? I feel like these set designs definitely show a lot of imagination, and some of them perhaps even outshine many of the sets from the current wave.

If I do get any, I'll be getting Bruzer, Dragon Bolt, Orgrum, and maybe Surge, just for parts. My money will be going to Chima first, especially with the Chima constraction sets coming later this year.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

LUG Ambassador and administrator at Brickipedia

News reporter and database administrator at Brickset

Administrator at BIONICLEsector01

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

My opinions.

Evo- Looks great. Love the staff. He resembles his breakout form slightly which I like

Aquagon- Really Cool. Trans blue shells that breakout stringer needs. Awesome swords.

Surge- Sweet look. Love the jetpack though I wish the wings were sliver. Has another drone that Breakout stormer can use. He shares the same weapon as pyrox but here it seems to work better

Dragon Bolt- Wow such an awesome dragon. Those wings, That head. One complaint the tail end doesn't appear to close like in the tv ad. Easy fix though.

Stormer- Stormer looks awesome in this rendition. Shame his sword isn't trans blue. I'd like to see how his left arm is assembled. Definately getting him

Frost Beast- Though I can't see much of him. I'm in love with him already. Love the blade. Already plan on giving the blade to stormer's sword. Wonder how he is built. Instant buy

Jet Rocka- Um wow. That is quite a mess. I really don't like it at all. I think an Xl version of Rocka with a jetpack would have worked better. Also why won't lego give us gold hands already. I really want them.

All in all this wave looks great. I know I'm getting Stormer and Frost beast. I may get others but I'm not sure yet.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

Are these all the sets? What about Stringer and Nex?

As far as I can tell, no Stringer or Nex this year.

Anyway, the main ones I'm sure I'll get are Evo and Aquagon. But only because Aanchir's likely to get a lot of the others.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Copypaste is a wonderful tool!Surge: He looks wonderful, mostly with those transparent armour pieces and those wings. The helmet really looks gorgeous, and he seems to have a good back armour coming from the TV trailer so I guess he's going to be great.Dragon Bolt: Absolutely gorgeous. I do love that boxart, and his Brain seems to be my favourite after the Dark Blue Brain from Aquagon. The wings didn't look as I expected, but I guess it was predictable considering the amount of sword blades in the TV trailer. But whatever. Really great.Stormer: His helmet makes him look a bit fat, face-wise. But that's more of a nitpick. I'm loving those transparent/translucent armour pieces, The sword looks gorgeous, and the shield seems to be one half of Furno's with a cyan/blue recolour, really nice.Frost Beast: For some reason I hoped that his helmet had a goatee, as the TV trailer made it look like. But it's alright this way. The sword is gorgeous, and all those translucent pieces are reaaaaaally sexy. That Brain looks great too. His body looks strange though, I want to see how it's built.Jet Rocka: Eh, still not sold on him. He's probably going to be expensive here and he looks like a mess, so I'll probably pass and mod the normal Rocka to make him look like Jet Rocka.Evo and Aquagon: Gorgeous.

Do not trust corrupted memories.

Are these all the sets? What about Stringer and Nex?

As far as I can tell, no Stringer or Nex this year.

Anyway, the main ones I'm sure I'll get are Evo and Aquagon. But only because Aanchir's likely to get a lot of the others.

Ths really upsets me. Stringer was always a really key character when I played. Its a real shame.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 250 KB!

Surge: he doesn't look too bad but he could use a different weapon that's not the same as Pyrox's. Dragon Bolt: I kind of thought he would be in a boxed set. He looked so much more bigger in the TV commercials. Stormer: that sword looks awesome but those rods on his head look really out of place.Frost Beast: he doesn't look too bad. The set looks like it comes with one good pieces.Evo: he looks like his Breakout form, only with a spear. The way the spear splits apart reminds me of Phantoka Pohatu's propellers.Aquagon: not the most pleasant looking face I've seen. Also, that blue Brain looks awesome.Jet Rocka: so, it's Rocka on a jetpack and... that's it. The jetpack does come with some interesting pieces though.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Surge: he doesn't look too bad but he could use a different weapon that's not the same as Pyrox's.Dragon Bolt: I kind of thought he would be in a boxed set. He looked so much more bigger in the TV commercials.Stormer: that sword looks awesome but those rods on his head look really out of place.Frost Beast: he doesn't look too bad. The set looks like it comes with one good pieces.Evo: he looks like his Breakout form, only with a spear. The way the spear splits apart reminds me of Phantoka Pohatu's propellers.Aquagon: not the most pleasant looking face I've seen. Also, that blue Brain looks awesome.Jet Rocka: so, it's Rocka on a jetpack and... that's it. The jetpack does come with some interesting pieces though.
Surge's weapon isn't exactly the same as Pyrox's. The hilt is a different piece. Might not mean a lot on the whole, but there's only so much you can do with a spinning energy weapon in a medium-sized set.Also, Stormer doesn't have any rods on his head. The flick-fire missiles above his shoulders are connected to his back. You can sort of see it in the picture of the actual display model, though I do wish there was a closer shot of him.

Dat Surge! Frost beast and stormer will require further images, and dragon bolt... Me like, but not sure.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

If I do get any, I'll be getting Bruzer, Dragon Bolt, Orgrum, and maybe Surge, just for parts.

Bruizer and Ogrum are already out.

Anyways, Dragon Bolt could use some work, so does Aquagon. When I here that name I hear like a water dragon, not...whatever he is. Jet Rocka looks like the worst set to come out f HF in it's history, I mean it looks like they didn't try to even make it look good. I thought it would be some cool jet pack, not this piece of a chopped of VW Camper Van.

gallery_110528_107_5250.jpg

If I do get any, I'll be getting Bruzer, Dragon Bolt, Orgrum, and maybe Surge, just for parts.

Bruizer and Ogrum are already out.

Anyways, Dragon Bolt could use some work, so does Aquagon. When I here that name I hear like a water dragon, not...whatever he is. Jet Rocka looks like the worst set to come out f HF in it's history, I mean it looks like they didn't try to even make it look good. I thought it would be some cool jet pack, not this piece of a chopped of VW Camper Van.

I buy all my LEGO sets in the summer. Like all of them.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

DISCLAIMER: All opinions and contributions made under this account are based solely on my own personal thoughts and opinions, and in no way represent any of the above groups/entities. If you have any concerns or inquiries about the contributions made under this account, please contact me individually and I will address them with you to the best of my ability.

Bruizer and Ogrum are already out. Anyways, Dragon Bolt could use some work, so does Aquagon. When I here that name I hear like a water dragon, not...whatever he is. Jet Rocka looks like the worst set to come out f HF in it's history, I mean it looks like they didn't try to even make it look good. I thought it would be some cool jet pack, not this piece of a chopped of VW Camper Van.

A lot of people seemed to get "dragon" from the name Aquagon, and I don't entirely understand why. It sounded to me like just a generic ocean monster type name, and he definitely evokes that look to me... kind of Gollum-like in his spindliness, with a Creature from the Black Lagoon vibe in his mask design.I don't think Jet Rocka is awful. Its functions certainly stand to redeem its appearance somewhat. It's nowhere near as refined-looking as the Furno Bike or Drop Ship, but I think "the worst set to come out of HF in its history" is an overstatement when we haven't even seen much of how Jet Rocka looks with the wings outspread.

I don't think Jet Rocka is awful. Its functions certainly stand to redeem its appearance somewhat. It's nowhere near as refined-looking as the Furno Bike or Drop Ship, but I think "the worst set to come out of HF in its history" is an overstatement when we haven't even seen much of how Jet Rocka looks with the wings outspread.

Is there even anything special about Jet Rocka, besides the jet? The build and the pieces look nearly identical to Breakout Rocka.

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

I don't think Jet Rocka is awful. Its functions certainly stand to redeem its appearance somewhat. It's nowhere near as refined-looking as the Furno Bike or Drop Ship, but I think "the worst set to come out of HF in its history" is an overstatement when we haven't even seen much of how Jet Rocka looks with the wings outspread.

Is there even anything special about Jet Rocka, besides the jet? The build and the pieces look nearly identical to Breakout Rocka.

He has more armor on his torso (covering his shoulders, though not the shoulder joints themselves). Overall, though, he's mostly a slight variant of the Brain Attack version of Rocka, just as Furno in the Furno Bike set was a slight variant of the original William Furno set.

He has more armor on his torso (covering his shoulders, though not the shoulder joints themselves). Overall, though, he's mostly a slight variant of the Brain Attack version of Rocka, just as Furno in the Furno Bike set was a slight variant of the original William Furno set.

I'm not guessing there will be one from Toy Fair, but is there an image that shows Rocka without the jet equipped?

--

Meiko - @georgebarnick

Is it just me, or do Pyrox and Frost Beast look remarkable like each other, and furthermore, like the Piraka?
They look somewhat similar just by virtue of all being big-faced, hunch-backed toothy guys, but buildwise they're pretty different from one another as far as I can tell.In a sense, Bruizer is more like the Piraka than either of them in terms of having flat, grinding teeth and one arm that's much longer than the other.

DO WANT DRAGON BOLT

Aside from that, I like the concept and box art for jet rocka, but he looks way too top heavy. I liked frost beast in the promo, but he is kind of a letdown here. It might be that he looks uglier in the set than in the trailer, but his parts look good as ever. I don't usually buy heroes out of my own immaturity, but this line up looks nice. Unfortunately the only hero I am devoted to get; stringer, is left out. Aquagon is very basic, and I don't need another butt ugly villain face. Dragon bolt is as stated before, is a do want. He has a good colorscheme, a very nice design (I hear the wings flap when you push on his back), the coolest looking brain bug I have ever seen, and and overall nice look. By the way, does the brain bug for Dragon Bolt glow the same way Takadox does?

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

SURGE: WINGS! I really like that we're getting the Furno XL/Pyrox flame in Yellow and Blue Dragon Bolt. Yes. Heck yes. Freaking heck yes. New pieces galore. Although those wings are a Train Wreck. :C STORMER: WANTWANTWANTWANT!!!!! My favortie summer 2013 Set. The new helmet mold is goregous. Frost Beast: I really love the new sword. I However dislike the red. :C Evo: TRANS ICE BLUE CLADDING! I adore this Evo more than the other Evos. Aquagon: The legs and torso are Terrible. I do approve of the face and blue sword. Jet Rocka: Wow. What a Mess. The pilot Rocka is Amazing and large. The suit? Flick missiles are a thumbs down. I do like the rest. But seriously. That is a MESS Overall this wave looks good. I will get them all. Oh and: 44012.jpg44013.jpgGon.png44009Bag1.png44009ToyFair1.png44014Box1.png44011Bag1.png44010Bag1.pngSurge1.png44008.pngYou're Welcome

Edited by ToaJaller77

BionicleNYCC-327x252.jpg

:br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:

Guest sinewav

Great pics! I actually like the idea of a Jet -Pack Rocka and hope the box comes with Rocka so I can skip the current model.

Love Dragon Bolt and the new Surge, great to have more HF sets to look forward to.

Is it just me, or do Pyrox and Frost Beast look remarkable like each other, and furthermore, like the Piraka?

I thought so too - in the CGI trailer, they appeared to be nearly exactly the same, with very similar set-ups and faceplates, despite having a large number of changed detail. However, the actual toy appears to be basically the same as the trailer - I think it's just that we saw them right next to each other at a glance in similar get-ups, so we didn't see the uniqueness of each.

Also, great pictures, Toa Jaller. Really sold me on that Surge.

Lastly, perhaps I'm devolving into insanity, but it appears to me that Dragonbolt's nose looks like that of some cartoon rat/mouse that I've seen somewhere or a demon-peanut.

Steam Name: Toa Hahli Mahri. Xbox Live Gamertag: Makuta. Minecraft Username: ThePoohster.

Wants: 2003 Jaller (from Jaller and Gukko), Exo-Toa, Turaga Nuju, Turaga Vakama, Shadow Kraata, Axonn, Brutaka, Vezon & Fenrakk, Nocturn, ORANGE FIKOU.

I got rid of my picture, are you happy?

I thought so too - in the CGI trailer, they appeared to be nearly exactly the same, with very similar set-ups and faceplates, despite having a large number of changed detail. However, the actual toy appears to be basically the same as the trailer - I think it's just that we saw them right next to each other at a glance in similar get-ups, so we didn't see the uniqueness of each.

Also, great pictures, Toa Jaller. Really sold me on that Surge.

Lastly, perhaps I'm devolving into insanity, but it appears to me that Dragonbolt's nose looks like that of some cartoon rat/mouse that I've seen somewhere or a demon-peanut.

You're Welcome

BionicleNYCC-327x252.jpg

:br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:  :br:

Blue + yellow = want

Hey, a version of Surge that I actually find appealing!

And a jetpack version of one of the best heroes currently out!

Lego really wants my money!

There's a jetpack Nex?

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

Guest AdaptingChaos

Looking at these pictures make me want to get these sets, but I'm trying not to buy anymore Hero Factory sets and focus more on Bionicle, I might just get some Villain Sets though because all I have is like 18 hero sets and 1 villain set. -_-

Hmmm... so it looks like our villain behind the brains doesn't reveal himself this year. Frost Beast is easily my favorite villain, and I have to say that I generally like this year's heroes better than their past versions.

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

Opinion time!

Evo- A very nice, small set, the only flaw I can find is the orange spike in his spear. This is probably the best hero set of the summer wave.

Aquagon- An OK set, but it's chest is boring, like Scarox. I'll pick this one up along with Evo.

Surge- The colors in his arms don't look right, and the visor looks bland. Pass.

Dragon Bolt- This looks like an amazing set, I just wish the button was a color other than red. I guess Lego thinks that kids are going to have trouble finding it.

Stormer- This looks like a great set, but they should have put the flick fires somewhere more hidden, like in the shield.

Frost Beast- It looks like it could be the best villain set of Brain Attack, no complaints other than the unimaginitive name.

Jet Rocka- A meh set, it looks too bulky, but I do like the printed Hero Factory tile, and the use of wheels as thrusters.

Edited by fauxname

I'm a dinosaur! Rawr.

I already shared this in the talkback for the Toy Fair coverage, but I made an LXF of Dragon Bolt on LEGO Digital Designer. There are some placeholder parts (the replacement head and wing spikes are used on the model, and a replacement brain and faceplate are left to the side), and I had to guess at a few parts (I don't know how long an axle the button is supposed to be attached by-- I used a 4M axle), but in general it should be fairly accurate.EDIT: I just realized there's an error somewhere as I was posting this-- I forgot the rubber band, meaning some of the other parts I used must be incorrect or the piece count wouldn't add up correctly. I'll try and revise this.EDIT 2: Model is fixed based on additional Toy Fair pics from asmzine.com. It now has all visible parts and the correct piece count. Again, the axle length is one of the only details I'm unsure about.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

• 2 weeks later...
They look somewhat similar just by virtue of all being big-faced, hunch-backed toothy guys, but buildwise they're pretty different from one another as far as I can tell.In a sense, Bruizer is more like the Piraka than either of them in terms of having flat, grinding teeth and one arm that's much longer than the other.

Well I think Frost Beast almost looks like Strakk instead of the Piraka.

• 3 weeks later...

Great pics! I actually like the idea of a Jet -Pack Rocka and hope the box comes with Rocka so I can skip the current model.

Love Dragon Bolt and the new Surge, great to have more HF sets to look forward to.

This was my OP, still agree with these comments and look forward to the HF summer sets.

• 4 weeks later...

I tried to get Lego to send me pics of these sets but they said they can't send photos!

That's understandable. Generally TLG likes to keep their official product images under wraps for as long as possible so they don't have disreputable clone brands mimicking or downright plagiarizing the product images for their own products, and so the peak of hype for the products occurs right when they're about to be released rather than having a significant chance to wane beforehand. Of course, they don't have absolute control over when official product images start to show up -- images for summer sets from some other LEGO themes are actually beginning to show up on some online shop sites, since TLG provides official images to retailers in advance, and K-Mart put up official images of Evo and Aquagon weeks ago -- but they do have a genuine, defensible reason to want official product images to catch people by surprise near the date of release.