BBCC 64: Pokey

Tomaku

8482680045_fa493e4487.jpg8482737223_41784d4e36.jpg8482732331_39e2eda8a5.jpg

PokeyBBC contest 64!This is a mix between rhino & elk. All pieces are from 2003 or earlier and it's 100% BIONICLE/TECHNIC. Waist, knees, neck, elbows, ankles, wrists, shoulders, chest and hip joints are moveable. It is called Pokey because of it's many pointy things on it's head?Thanks to Gatanui for editing the picture :)

Edited by Tomaku

It's like nothing I've ever seen! The angles and colour scheme compliment each other perfectly! Though in all seriousness rid the white and add more black; though keep the white antlers and it'd look better. I still like it, but everything can look or be better.

Edited by TechnicRage

Only one question comes to mind. Where did you get the light blue Mata hand. I have never seen it before, so just wondering.
They were in at least five sets.EDIT: Actually eight, counting these three which go by a different Element ID. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time

Geez, I haven't posted in this forum in forever.Anyway, I like this MOC. The head is definitely my favorite part. I love how it's both rhino and elk combined together--never would've thought of doing that, but they really work well together, I think. I agree with Chols about the feet/hands; they compliment each other nicely, and add to the overall rhino/elk feel.The one suggestion I'd have besides what others mentioned would be to get a little more white into the torso. The colors are pretty well-spread otherwise, but there does seem to be a lack in the torso. Of course, the large mask takes up a lot of that, but perhaps you could make the black "hand" piece white?Overall nice job here. Looks really good. =] Good luck in the contest!newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Good color scheme, some good ideas in the limbs and torso. Always tough to do something new with arms and legs, but you seem to have done so, particularly with the shoulders.

The white triangle type pieces on the thighs should be turned around. The thigh in this kind of MOC should be rounded and its own unit, the curve of the triangle piece here messes up the overall outline of the thigh.

You have to be very careful how you put a head on shoulders, particularly in an animal-humanoid combiner MOC. It would probably be a lot more convincing if it was attached more Onua style, with the neck coming straight forward from the top of the shoulder. Look at how a real rhino and a real elk's shoulder-head arrangement is. That kind of tweak can help you tons, it's a silhouette thing.

Some cool stuff going on with the feet here. Kind of a high-heel shoe thing though, which you'd probably like to avoid if possible. Trying to integrate the heel more with the rest of the foot would help, and possibly making the color of those two segments the same so that they don't seem so separate. Color blocking can be used to visually merge pieces.

If you wanted to bring it more out of the classic Toa genre into a more unique animal-humanoid genre, you should heavily alter the anatomy. The neck-shoulder thing is part of that, but you can also do such things as gving him a second pair of knees, making the shoulders way wider than the hips, bending the torso into more of a semi-circle, and things like that.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized you made the hands hoof-like just like the feet. That is awesome. :3

I've also never quite seen a mixture of these to species either. I really appreciate unusual crossbreeds and this combination works surprisingly well.

Yes I tried to make the hands hoof-like and I'm glad to know that you were able to see that :)