The Official Star Trek Topic

Xinlo

Approved by Than. So yeah, title basically says all. This is the new official topic for the TV show known as Star Trek. Discuss any of the 5 series or various movies, fan films, comics, spinoffs... whatever. I guess I'll start off the discussion. What is your favourite series? Mine would have to be Voyager, with DS9 following behind. Next Gen is my least favourite, except for maybe Enterprise, but I've not seen enough of it to judge. Love them all though, really. Discuss away!

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Star Trek rules. Any Star Trek Onlne players here? (Had to ask; Resistance was futile. :P)

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

I don't hate it. I love all Star Trek. I just found Next Gen to have the least impressive characters. It was very plot-driven, with rarely any character devlopment, unlike Voyager or DS9, which managed to incorporate both. Just my take on it. Also i would love to play ST:O, but it's too expensive, and I don't have a graphics card good enough to handle it, unfortunately.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

The Toa's Hideout is once again open for business! We've been gone for a few years, but now BIONICLE's back and so are we. Click the banner to check out our friendly and laid back site where you can discuss all manners of things and chill with awesome people.

Yes I was going to put him in my post... Data was a great character. It sucked when he died... But really, aside from him, the characters were rather two-dimensional and bland. Though the episode where Picard goes to visit his family in france was great.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

I remember enjoying that episode, but I don't remember the episode itself. Been a long time since I watched anything besides Voyager and TOS.

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

I remember enjoying that episode, but I don't remember the episode itself. Been a long time since I watched anything besides Voyager and TOS.

xinlo-small.gif

Picard lives his life on another planet, and is told his life as a captain on the Enterprise was in his head, so he grows into old age, then the planet is about to be destroyed, and he finds out it was all from the probe they found, and it was a way for the people of that planet to show their story.

Oh yeah, I remember that one now. That was superb. He remembered how to play the flute, too. What about favs from other series? One of the best (or two, rather) from Voyager was the Year Of H*** episodes. Also Message in A Bottle. And gotta' love the classics from TOS; Doomsday Machine, Mudd's Women, Balance Of Terror, City On The Edge Of Forever, Trouble Wit Tribbles...

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

I believe that was "Tinker, tenor, Doctor, Spy", right? Also Q is the most epicly hilarious character ever. His personality got passed on to Discord it seems

:P

xinlo-small.gif

E8c8QpP.jpg

Enterprise started to be great in the fourth season, but alas, it was too late already.

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

:kaukau:My favorite has always been The Original Series, if only because of Spock. Spock rocks. I had to come to that conclusion just because he reminded me so much of bonesiii, who convinced me that logic was awesome. Of course, Spock also does a wonderfu job of being a complex character with his fair share of thrilling character development moments when we see that bit of humanity peek through. For a while the only question I ever thought was hard was "Do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?" That question finally got resolved when I got a shirt that said "10 reasons why Kirk is better than Picard". The shirt was red, by the way. Just because I got that shirt for my birthday, I've sided with Kirk, so TSO is my favorite beyond dispute. However, I'm not denying that The Next Generation is definitely worthy. It's one of my prime examples of sequel series that truly rock., and it's inspired me with my own writing in many ways. I mean, it's not too often that you can replace an entire cast of characters, put it under the same title, and become just as iconic as the original. Your Honor,Emperor Kraggh

My favorite show is tied between voyager and DS9. P.S. Does anyone recommend star trek online?

STO is pretty cool. I should know, seeing as I've been playing it for more than a year now. :P It's best to wait until it goes free to play, though. ^_^

f9Qcky7.png

I tend to think of Janeway as 2 captains myself, and she's always one or the other depending on the plot of the episode. Either super-mother Prime-Directive following captain, or phaser-toting bugger-the-Prime-Directive warrior. It's never both. And it always switches.

charr_sig.jpg

With the clamor of anvils and the thunder of guns, we rip each day from life's teeth.

I personally think that Voyager and Enterprise are the two best, but that's just because of the massive amounts of Character development in them. Though I do absolutely love the NX-01. I used to play ST:O, but haven't in almost a year, if not a year. It is really fun. Anyone have opinions on the Enterprise-F? I personally like the design, its got all of my favorite things about the past Enterprise star ships, but with its own flare.

Star Trek rules. Any Star Trek Onlne players here? (Had to ask; Resistance was futile. :P)

If you see Captain Serpent042 or the USS Odysee, thats me. My favorite is the Next Generation. And if you guys havent heard, all episodes of all seasons are on Netflix for streaming. I'm watching through DS9 right now.
I was there when Bionicle started in 2001. The next ten years were a great run. Sadly, all things must come to an end. But I will stop by and check in from time to time.

I am a really big Star Trek fan, although it really all started this summer. I saw a couple episodes on telelvision before, but I never really got into it. Then, one day, Star Trek: First Contact was on and I decided to sit through the entire thing. It was mind-blowingly awesome :D When I discovered that Netflix Instant Streaming had all the episodes of Star Trek... I watched about 90 episodes of The Next Generation during the summer, and fell in love with the show. I don't think it's hard to guess how I attended the New York Comic Con :P

Junior Grade Lieutenant TDH :Dst-kid.jpg

After I finish TNG and its adjacent movies, I'm gonna either move on to TOS or watch everything else in chronological order (Enterprise, then TOS, then the rest in order).Live long and prosper! ^_^

For a while the only question I ever thought was hard was "Do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?" That question finally got resolved when I got a shirt that said "10 reasons why Kirk is better than Picard". The shirt was red, by the way. Just because I got that shirt for my birthday, I've sided with Kirk, so TSO is my favorite beyond dispute. Emperor Kraggh

I saw that particular shirt at Target the other day

pomegranate-banner-sm.png .

I'm not sure when it goes free to play yet, but I'll certainly keep you all posted in here. :P

f9Qcky7.png

Watched an episode of TOS last night. Spock, when calculating things logically, you have to factor in the emotional response of others, otherwise it doesn't work.BTW, my favorite line from that episode was by Kirk. "So you reasoned it was time for an emotional outburst?" And Spock, he said yes. Wha? Not getting your logic there pal.

Looks like Star Trek Online will go Free to Play on the 17th of January 2012.

f9Qcky7.png

Nice, not too far away. I'll definitely give it a try when that happens. Always wanted to make my own ship and captain.

http://www.bzpower.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

xinlo-small.gif

Edited by Xinlo: Spirit Of Sonics

E8c8QpP.jpg