Dual Matrix' Ultime Guide to Matoran

EDIT: Oh something went wrong with the coding, you can amready comment on the finished parts, still know it's not finished.So this topic: http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=8536 was interesting, but I think I've got an interestion view on the Matoran langue I'd like to share:Matoran has no words, well no real words, all words are formed by combining smaller two-or-three lettered "Word Makers(WM)" which have a central thought but no real translation. Also sometimes a letter is added to attach to WMs to eachother. Also the 6 main elemental prefixes can be used to define the element, or also to define the color of the element, as seen in Bohroks and Rahksii. Now a very cool relevation, it seems the Piraka order named themselves order Destiny had a big part in it, seeing Zakan means Treacherous Killer and Hakann could easily been derived from Hkan, meaning evil. Also what seems to be interesting is that the letter "h" can switch place with the not-vowel that comes before it. Also some of the WM's can have different, totally not related meanings. Pepeating a meaning of a WM will cause the WM's to turn into a superlative. E.G: KaKa: Transport Transport, will turn into Fastest Transport or Best Transport. So it is easy to form words if you know the meanings of the different WM's. So lets get some proof in here:Ka-R-Da Nui, Ki-Ka-No-Lo , Ka-u-Ka-u, Ka-Ka-Ma, Pa-n-to-h-kaSo they all contain Ka which would have the meaning: "Alive, Moving, Movement, Transport, ...". Also note that for Kanohi it is used twice, possibly enhancing the meaning of Ka. So next we study Avohkii, Kraahkan and the Avohkan:I'd split them up this way:Av-o-hk-Ki-iAv-o-hkanKra-a-hkanSo Av means Light, Kra means Shadow, now, lets look the Avohkan: It has strangely the first part of Avohkii and the second part of Kraahkan. So, the av would still means light(The avohkan is a type of angry light), so then to define the avohkan you'd need something to say it's a evil killing light, and look there is the hkan of the kraahkan, which then would mean something like: Evil, Killer, Dark.Then Avohkii would have the meaning Killing Light, and Kraahkan Killing/Evil Shadow. And a nice little addo here Zaktan in which ktan could be a dialect form of hkan so meaning killer. Also we can state the Avohkii means the opposite of Kraahkan, so Kii or just Ki could be considered Good/Life Giving/Bright. Then we have Good/Life Giving Light, which fits well describing the Avohkii. Here is also an addo: Ki-Ka-No-Lo, which is considered a "good" rahi so the Ki could mean that there too. Oh I found Ki-ril too which fits also well, regeneration = life giving. We have the Baraki here, who could've named themselves "good". Also as different meaning Ki can also function as identifier of a Rahi, making Kikanalo having a double meaning. Kinloka also contains the rahi version.Now, the WM Ro:Roporak, RothukaSo Rothuka is a spinner of energy and look: KA: Moving. So lets state to identify the Rohtuka you at least need something about energy so, that'd be Ro. Ro then means something like Energy. Htu could then mean "spinning" or just nothing and is there just to form the word but has no meaning. Now an interesting one: Ma.This is meanly found in Mata, which means spirit. Well, we know Ta: Fire, which could be meant poetic here and be considered "Eternal Fire" or just "Life" the Ma has a ideal meaning of "Servant" or "Helper". So Mata means servant of Life(Something too high to get) which is a Spirit. Also Ma can be found in Matoran, which are servants in the MU so that explains. Hower there is also a Ma in Kakama, which clearely can not be Servant, so it must be something entirely else, which is nearly unguessable. Manas are servants of Makuta too.Also if Mata is Spirit and Ro is "Ignitor" maybe Matoro was named to that: "Spirit Ignitor"Man: Guardian, as seen in Manas(Having a double meaning with Ma), Mangai and MangaiaNow Mak: Seen in Olmak and Makuta:Well in the other topic is explained how Mak means Gate, well, so Olmak means Gate Revealer and with the poetic meaning of Ta, Makuta means, Gate to Life(Rahi Creator). Also in Makoki, this can be used to say Mak(Gate) Ki(Life Giving), so Life Giver to Gates, or just key.The WM, Ol:Seen in Olmak and Olisi.Well Mak means gate, so Olmak means gate revealer(opener), so of Isi means Vision, Olisi could mean vision revealer.Now Ba: This is of course the prefix of Gravity, from which Heavy(Grave) could be derived, which could than also mean inportant, as most likely in Baraki. Also Makuta could've have a triple meaning, also being a "servant" of life and a "fire"(obstacle) in front of the gates to Metru NuiZa: As seen in Zakaz, Zaktan and Zamor:Zaktan is a treacherous being, Zakaz is a treacherous land and a zamor can be treacherous for you never know whats inside.Here is the thing you all want to see: The Ultime Matoran Dictionary, containing all Matoran words with their Translation and the WM's it contains.Artakha: Art-a-kha: Powerful being of CreationAvohkii: Av-oh-ki: Life-Giving LightAvohkah: Av-hkan: Killing LightAki: ValorAvsa: Av-sa: Light DrainerArthron: Creation of Energy(Sonar)Ba-Matoran: Matoran of GravityBahrag: Ba-hrag: Important Vicious CreatureBoggarak: Bo-Ga-Rak: Blue VisorakBohrok: Bo-hrok: Visious CreatureBo-Matoran: Matoran of PlantlifeCe-Matoran: Matoran of PsionicDaxia: Da-xia: Important place of ArmiesDe-Matoran: Matoran of SoundElda: El-da: Location ScannerFelnas: Iron of TwistingFe-Matoran: Matoran of IronFenrakk: Fe-rak: Iron SpiderFikou: This is the sound the small spider makesGahlok: Ga-hrok: Vicious Creature of WaterGarai: Gar-ai: Weight of the WorldGadunka: Ga-du-ka: Tiny Water RahiGa-Koro: Village of WaterGa-Matoran: Matoran of WaterGa-Metru: City of WaterGuurak: Ga-hrak: Blue Vicious CreatureHahnah: Ha-as: Hikaki: Hi-ka-ki: Wild Bright RahiHydruka:Hydr-ka: Water RahiIgnika: Ig-ni-ka: Location of the Flow of LifeJa-Krana: Krana of DetectionJa-Krana-Kal: Better Krana of DetectionKadin: Ka-din: High MovementKane-Ra: Ka-ne-Ra: Wild RahiKahgarak: Ka-ga-rak: Extremely vicious blue spiderKarda-Nui: Ka-da-Nui: Great Important place of LifeKardas Dragon: Location of Life(Guardian of Ignika)Kakama: Ka-ka-ma: Uppermost quick travel.Kaukau: Ka-ka: Good TravelKanohi: Ka-no-hi: Good Protodermis EnergyKanoka: Ka-no-ka: Moving Protodermis EnergyKarzahni: Ka-za-ni: Vicious Being of a Treacherous LocationKeras: Ke-as: Small CrabKini: Ki-ni: Good Location(Temple)Klakk: Named after the sound the rahi makeKra-Matoran: Matoran of ShadowKaahkan: Killing ShadowKrana: Kra-na: Twisted ShadowKrana-Kal: Kra-na-Kal: Better Twisted ShadowKo-Matoran: Matoran of IceKo-Koro: Village of IceKo-Metru: Metru of IceKo-Suva: Suva of IceKo-Kini: Temple of IceLerahk: Le-rahk: Green Vicious CreatureLe-Koro: Village of WaterLe-Metru: Metru of Air Le-Suva: Suva of AirLe-Kini: Temple of AirMata: Ma-Ta: Most of the Eternal Flames(Spirit)Makika: Common Good(Ironic) RahiMahi: Ma-hi: Common WildMahiki: Ma-hi-ki: Life Giver to Common Mata-Nui: Ma-Ta-Nui: Uppermost of the Eternal Flames(Great Spirit)Makoki: Ma-ki: Life-Giver to Gates(Key)Makuta: Ma-ku-ta: Creators of most common lifeMangai: Man-ai: Guardian of the WorldManas: Ma-as Highest Ranked of the CrabsMana-Ko: Ma-as-Kal: Better ManasMuaka: Ma-ka: Strongest of RahiNivawk: Ni-va-wk: Bird Helper to reach LocationsNui-Jaga: Nui-Ja-ga: Greatest of the Water DetectorsNui-Kopen: Nui-Ka-pen: Greatest of the Big RahiNui-Rama: Nui-Ra-ma: Greatest of the Common WildOnu-Matoran: Matoran of EarthOnu-Koro: Village of EarthOnu-Metru: Metru of EarthOnu-Wahi: Biome of EarthOnu-Suva: Suva of EarthOnu-Kini: Temple of EarthOlisi: Ol-isi: Revealer of VisionsOlmak: Revealer of GatesPahrak: Pa-hrak: Strong Vicious CreaturePahrak-Va: Helper of the PahrakPahrak-Kal: Better then PahrakPakari: Pa-ka-ri: Strong Energy Po-Matoran: Matoran of StonePo-Koro: Village of StonePo-Metru: Metru of StonePo-Suva: Suva of StonePo-Kini: Temple of StonePehkui: Pen-kui: Opposite of bigRahi: Ra-hi: Wild Creature(Not Us)Rahaga: Ra-ha-ga: Rahi-Nui: Greatest of the RahiRau: Ra: Makes Civilised(Speech)Rua: WisdomRode: Ignitor of TongueRoporak: Ro-po-rak: Brown VisorakRothuka: Ro-thu-ka: Moving spinning energySu-Matoran: Matoran of PlasmaSu-Krana: Krana of Superstrenght Su-Krana-Kal: Better Krana of SuperstrenghtSuukorak: Su-ko-rak: White visorakSuva: Su-va: Extreme HelpeTryna: Try-na: Twisted WayTa-Matoran: Matoran of FireTa-Koro: Village of FireTa-Metru: Metru of FireTa-Kini: Temple of FireTa-Suva: Suva of FireToa: Matoran Kind(Hero)Turaga: To-ra-ga: Wise Civilised Being of the Matoran KindTurahk: Ta-rahk: Red Vicious CreatureUl-Kraata: Kraata of DesintegatrionVahi: Va-hi: Helper of the Universe(Helper of Time)Vahki: Va-ki: Helper of the LawVo-Matoran: Matoran of EnergyVo-Kraata: Kraata of HungerVolitak: Vo-ta: Absence of Light from Fire(Poetic)Wahi: Wa-hi: Huge BiomeXia: Land of WeaponsXi-Kraata: Kraata of DestructionYe-Kraata: Kraata of PoisonZakaz: Za- : Hollow landZamor: Za- : ContainerOk here's a list of all Word Makers I was able to find and others in the previous topic(Including Me :) ) :Ahk(Akh): Being, especially powerful, dangerous, or evil.Art: CreationAi: WorldAv: Light. Opposite: KraAs: CrabAki: ValorBa: Gravity, Heavy, ImportantBo: Plant Life Ce: Psionic Da: ImportantDe: SoundDu: TinyDin: HighEl: Spotter, ScannerFe: IronGa: Water, Color Blue, WiseGar: WeightHi: Wild, HugeHydr: Water, OceanHkan: Evil, Dark, Killer. Opposite: KiIgn: LifeIsi: Vision, ViewJa: DetectionKa: Moving/Life/Transport. In a totally not connected way this also means. Also it means Rahi. In addition to that it can also be power.Ki(i): Good/Bright/Life Giving/Law. Opposite Hkan. Ko: Ice, Color WhiteKui: OppositeKra: Shadow. Opposite: AvLe: Air, Color GreenMa: Most, Best, CommonMak: GateMan: GuardianMat(a)(o): Spirit, conjunction of Ma and TaNa: Twisted, Evil, ImmoralNi: LocationOl: Opener, RevealerOnu: Earth, Color BlackPo: Rock, Stone, Color BrownPen: BigRo: Energy, Ignition, FlameRa: Civilised, CreatureRak: Origined from Rhak, means Vicious Spider.Rua: WisdomRhak(Hrag, Hrak, older form: hrok): Vicious CreatureSa: Drainage, DrainingSu: Super Fire, Plasma, Super, ExtremeTa: Fire, Color Red, Poetic: Life(Universe, Eternal Flame)To: Indicator for the Matoran SpeciesTry: WayVa: HelperVo: Energy, Absence of Energy(Hunger)Wa: BiomeWk: Bird? (as in hawk)Xi(a): Destruction, Army, WeaponYe: PoisonYo: Digging, TunnelingZa: ContainerSwarm CommandersAllowed its Bohrok to form complex strategic plans.Krana Vu SurveyorsAllowed its Bohrok to fly short Krana Za Squad LeadersAllowed its Bohrok to communicate telepathically with others within the swarm. It also gave its Bohrok the ability to read the minds of other beings.Krana Ca Clearance WorkersAllowed its Bohrok to shield itself and others from attack.Krana Bo SentinelsAllowed its Bohrok to see in the dark. Reddish Gold/Bright Red Za - Fear Creates feelings of vague unease in its vicinity. Sand Blue Metallic/Medium Blue Ul - Disintegration Burrows by dissolving a path through metal, rock or ground. Light Gray Metallic/White Cu - Anger Causes feeling of general irritation in nearby creatures.Krana Xa-Kal LiberatorAwakens the Bahrag Queens upon physical contact.Krana Vu-Kal TransporterEnhances speed through air and on land.Krana Za-Kal OverseerCan communicate telepathically, read minds, and sense strong emotions.Krana Ca-Kal SeekerCan sense the presence of the Bahrag and is linked with their minds.Krana Bo-Kal VisionaryOffers night vision, and can see through all substances other than the caves and tunnels in Metru Nui's domes.---Using these WM's we can create our own words in Matoran, like, to be in BZP style, the word Staff. Which would then be Arth(Important, mighty being), Man(Guardian), Ki(Good): Arthmanki. Or just the word car: Kavo(Energised Movement)

Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

Makoki is just key, nothing else, according to BS01.

It's possible that although Matoran was initially just a programming language, the language evolved from its original set of meanings once the MU inhabitants gained sentience. Makoki could've lost its excessively poetic meaning in favor of a more simple one, despite the etymology behind it.

Overall, sounds good, Dual. As with bonesiii's MU map, I think it's probably not 100% correct, but certainly a good place to start from to begin figuring out a better-defined dictionary.

Edited by Chro
  • Upvote 1

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Ahvohkan isn't the canon name for it, but could be suitable. Makoki is just key, nothing else, according to BS01. Just listing a few things that should be noted.

Thats the whole point behind it, to a Matoran it is just Makoki which essentially means "Key" but is literally translated as Life-Giver to Gates. Avohkan not canon? Let me check that.EDIT: It is canon: http://biosector01.com/wiki/index.php/Avohkah only it appears to be spelled Avohkah , the hkah could easily be an earlier Matoran form for Hkan.I'm sorry guys, I won't be able to edit the full post tonight, hower tomorrow it'll be done and will the actual dictionary also being finished. Edited by Dual Matrix

I'm back!

A lot of reasonable extrapolations and theories. A few suggestions:

This is meanly found in Mata, which means spirit. Well, we know Ta: Fire, which could be meant poetic here and be considered "Eternal Fire" or just "Life" the Ma has a ideal meaning of "Servant" or "Helper". So Mata means servant of Life(Something too high to get) which is a Spirit. Also Ma can be found in Matoran, which are servants in the MU so that explains. Hower there is also a Ma in Kakama, which clearely can not be Servant, so it must be something entirely else, which is nearly unguessable. Manas are servants of Makuta too

Maybe "Ma" means something like "most" or "highest rank"? Mata could be "highest ranking eternal fire" -- Spirit, but spirit of the ruling sort, and gets Great slapped on the end for emphasis. Matoran are the most common beings. Kakama makes you go the "mot fast" or fastest. Manas (which means monster) could mean the most frightening or some such thing. And possible the same in Makuta (most powerful scientists).

This could be a "connotation" in the ones that build on Ma, like Mak and Man, not so much a literal translation, if that makes any sense.

Za: As seen in Zakaz, Zaktan and Zamor:Zaktan is a treacherous being, Zakaz is a treacherous land and a zamor can be treacherous for you never know whats inside

Not entirely sure this one works, because as far as we know, Zakaz had that name back when its people were peaceful and it was a rich, advanced land. Perhaps "hollow"? Due to its ring shape, and Zamor are hollow payload-delivery projectiles? Not sure how that would work for Zaktan though (keeping in mind he may have existed prior to the corruption of the species, so the name could mean something complimentary).

I agree with a lot else of what you said. I especially like the suggestion that we could extrapolate some theoretical fan-invented words from these things. And I agree they could be more of a "central thought" than a translation. So they could carry connotations even when no longer being used for literally that purpose.

With Zakaz, for example, maybe treacherous can work if it originally just meant hollow, but the meaning could shift over time as many famous things with that word maker took on that trait. It could go from meaning literally hollow in a benign geometrical sense to hollow or shallow character, and then to treachery which can come out of such a character trait.

• Upvote 1

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

A lot of reasonable extrapolations and theories. A few suggestions:

This is meanly found in Mata, which means spirit. Well, we know Ta: Fire, which could be meant poetic here and be considered "Eternal Fire" or just "Life" the Ma has a ideal meaning of "Servant" or "Helper". So Mata means servant of Life(Something too high to get) which is a Spirit. Also Ma can be found in Matoran, which are servants in the MU so that explains. Hower there is also a Ma in Kakama, which clearely can not be Servant, so it must be something entirely else, which is nearly unguessable. Manas are servants of Makuta too

Maybe "Ma" means something like "most" or "highest rank"? Mata could be "highest ranking eternal fire" -- Spirit, but spirit of the ruling sort, and gets Great slapped on the end for emphasis. Matoran are the most common beings. Kakama makes you go the "mot fast" or fastest. Manas (which means monster) could mean the most frightening or some such thing. And possible the same in Makuta (most powerful scientists). This could be a "connotation" in the ones that build on Ma, like Mak and Man, not so much a literal translation, if that makes any sense.

Za: As seen in Zakaz, Zaktan and Zamor:Zaktan is a treacherous being, Zakaz is a treacherous land and a zamor can be treacherous for you never know whats inside

Not entirely sure this one works, because as far as we know, Zakaz had that name back when its people were peaceful and it was a rich, advanced land. Perhaps "hollow"? Due to its ring shape, and Zamor are hollow payload-delivery projectiles? Not sure how that would work for Zaktan though (keeping in mind he may have existed prior to the corruption of the species, so the name could mean something complimentary). I agree with a lot else of what you said. I especially like the suggestion that we could extrapolate some theoretical fan-invented words from these things. And I agree they could be more of a "central thought" than a translation. So they could carry connotations even when no longer being used for literally that purpose. With Zakaz, for example, maybe treacherous can work if it originally just meant hollow, but the meaning could shift over time as many famous things with that word maker took on that trait. It could go from meaning literally hollow in a benign geometrical sense to hollow or shallow character, and then to treachery which can come out of such a character trait.
Yeah it fits kinda well with fanon stuff, remember Voriki? Vo(Electrical), Ki(Good) incredible how some of these things fit, your Ma meaning works better than servant, I'll probably include it when I make the final edit. Za meaning hollow,... Genious but might I suggest to use container instead, this'd seem a little more fitting, also it'd fit with Zaktan too, Container of Evil.Well I had way more written out, but they are stored on my computer(which I can't reach now) and whn the code messed up I had to use the outdated Ipod backup of the post, hower tomorrow there'll be more theory, more explaining, more WM's , and an ACTUAL dictionary.

I'm back!

Great job with this! :)Anyway, regarding "Za," remember that two of the three words you mentioned ("Zakaz" and "Zaktan") probably originated in the Skakdi language and would thus be loanwords in Matoran. Since they both start with "Zak," one could argue that that is the morpheme (the technical term for "Word Makers") being used here. Also, when referring to Kraata, "Za" means "Fear"; maybe this is related to the Skakdi's change of morality.

Interesting, but if I follow your logic, how does one get Voporak out of this?

Voporak = energy stone vicious creature? Erm? Perhaps this was it's orginal name before it was transformed into this temporal-changing thing?

Also, if Va means "helper", than "hi" probably means time. Vahi=Time Helper. That would make sense, until I get to "Rahi". Beast Time? Life in time?

Although I like how Vakama's name deconstructs under this theory, though. Helper Transport Spirit. Totally fits his storyline role. The double meaning for ka even fits - Helper Vicious Spirit. :)

I could go on. Good job here, and look forward to seeing the rest of the theory. :)

Interesting, but if I follow your logic, how does one get Voporak out of this? Voporak = energy stone vicious creature? Erm? Perhaps this was it's orginal name before it was transformed into this temporal-changing thing?

It's possible that, since "Po" refers to Stone, it also refers to traits commonly associated with it, such as strength and slowness. Then "Voporak," or "Vo"-"Po"-"Rak," means "energy" "slowness" "vicious creature," referencing Time. That also explains "Ro"-"Po"-"Rak," which also translates to "energy" "slowness/strength" "vicious creature," since Roporak both are slow to strike and have Rhotuka that drain the energy from their targets (so possibly a joke about the resulting weakness of their opponents on the part of whoever named them or a way to demonstrate their opponents' lost strength, it can be seen either way but means roughly the same thing).Also, remember "Rahi" translates at least roughly to "not us." Could it be broken down to something like "R"-"Ahi," with "R" serving as a negative similar to the way the letter "N" does in English and "Ahi" meaning "us?"

Interesting, but if I follow your logic, how does one get Voporak out of this? Voporak = energy stone vicious creature? Erm? Perhaps this was it's orginal name before it was transformed into this temporal-changing thing?

It's possible that, since "Po" refers to Stone, it also refers to traits commonly associated with it, such as strength and slowness. Then "Voporak," or "Vo"-"Po"-"Rak," means "energy" "slowness" "vicious creature," referencing Time. That also explains "Ro"-"Po"-"Rak," which also translates to "energy" "slowness/strength" "vicious creature," since Roporak both are slow to strike and have Rhotuka that drain the energy from their targets (so possibly a joke about the resulting weakness of their opponents on the part of whoever named them or a way to demonstrate their opponents' lost strength, it can be seen either way but means roughly the same thing).Also, remember "Rahi" translates at least roughly to "not us." Could it be broken down to something like "R"-"Ahi," with "R" serving as a negative similar to the way the letter "N" does in English and "Ahi" meaning "us?"

Makes sense. However, perhaps following in the same vein, it could refer to the ostensible permanence of stone, thus "timelessness" or the "energy of the permanent force" i.e. Time. Under that theory, it could be "Vicious Creature of the Permanent Force" --> Vicious Creature of Time --> Voporak. :shrugs:

The explanation for Rahi makes sense, although I'm not sure where you got the "not us" direct translation from.

I would generally assume that a named character who is evil was not named after their evil, and likewise a named character who later got powers due to a mutation was not named after their powers. In addition, Voporak is a Dark Hunter and they aren't big on naming people with actual names (admittedly the "code names" would sound like any other Bionicle name to us if not 'translated' into English, but the 'translation' rule does indicate to us that it's not a code name). And add to that the fact that Voporak and Sidorak were of the same species, and share a similar naming scheme. So I think he had that name before the time powers were granted -- I wouldn't expect it to have anything to do with that.

Unless we wanna get into the whole "prophetic naming" idea (which would be especially ironic in his case, heh).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

You could bring in the meta aspect, of course. Voporak has his name because of his powers, yes- because outside of the Bionicle reality, he was created (as a character) with time powers. It could be explained as some strange force of destiny that affects the names of... nah, getting too far-fetched now. XD

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

Ok I wasn able to reach my computer today but I edited the post with new WM's and A ultime Dictionary cantaining ALL Matoran words, in my tiredness I probably forgot a bunch, so if you think of other word olezse tell me, and nothing must ever stop you for giving better suggestions.

I'm back!

For Kahgarak, not all of them are blue. Just saying, though ;). And I read somewhere that Metru has a similar meaning to district, but I'm not too sure.

I know I sead city for Metru somewhere did I? i should change that but today I'm lazy, probably tomorrowAlso I know that about the visorak, but all four versions we saw contained Blue so I assumed blue is its basic color

I'm back!

You have some interesting word interpretations! Some of them are stretches, but I particularly like the way you defined "Volitak" and the connection you made between "Xi" and "Xia." It made me realize something: the only verb we know in Matoran is "zya," the imperative for "attack," and it has both a similar meaning to the word "Xia" and a similar pronunciation (now, the pronunciation might not be quite so similar when spoken in Matoran, but we can neither confirm nor deny that). It could be that verbs are formed by changing the spelling (and perhaps the pronunciation slightly) of the equivalent noun (or vice-versa). Of course, this is only one verb so I can't say with a great degree of certainty that the above rule is true, but it still makes a certain amount of sense, and if nothing else it can fuel some discussion.Edit: "Zya"is archaic, which means that it could have been a rule the GBs followed when originally creating verbs (assuming they even created a word for "attack"). Also, "zya" is pronounced "ZUH," while "Xia" is pronounced "ZEE-uh."

Edited by Infrared

Wow, that was very interesting.

I like how you were able to find such interesting connections by breaking down the words.

Matoran say things differently than we do. So while Makoki literally means "Life giver to gates," we would just translate that as "key."

If the Kanohi masks are a type of technology and most of the MU citizens are Biomechanical beings then how would a Kanohi mask recognize the difference between a Matoran and a Toa?

Muffin button

Wow, that was very interesting.

I like how you were able to find such interesting connections by breaking down the words.

Matoran say things differently than we do. So while Makoki literally means "Life giver to gates," we would just translate that as "key."

Well that makes a lot of sense.

clue.png The one who hunts your soul.

But most of the toa ignika names do not work with this

i.e Jaller or even jala only has "ja" avalible.

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish