Mspain(T) Comics!

CaT in Rogue

Hi, and welcome to my new comic series, MSPain(T) Comics! The comic series is so named due to the main medium being MSPaint, with GIMP used for (and ONLY for) text glow and background making. Anyways, time to get started! (BTW, I use the corresponding keyboard symbols instead of the actual numbers, so good luck!) Credit for the sprites go to Dark709.

mspainbanner.png

The forums messed up all of my URL's for some reason, so I erased them. You can find all of my comics http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=486594&n=0]here.[/url]

GS and PGS positions are closed.PGS':1: King Joe2: Leganto The Le-Matoran

Please comment![/center]

Edited by Kung Fu Rahkshi Destroyer

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

• 2 weeks later...

New comic up! My sister's sprite is based on her self MOC color wise, but she prefers to have a Huna on her sprite, and I used a Hau in real life. Also, I've noticed that the red characters in my comics have gotten into the most trouble so far, though not on purpose on my part. Remind anyone else of a particular 70's Sci-Fi show?

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

New comic up! My sister's sprite is based on her self MOC color wise, but she prefers to have a Huna on her sprite, and I used a Hau in real life. Also, I've noticed that the red characters in my comics have gotten into the most trouble so far, though not on purpose on my part. Remind anyone else of a particular 70's Sci-Fi show?

.... SO glad I based my form off of Sonic. Blue shirts almost never die. Well, there was that one time with Spock, but he got better. Anyway...That fact about blueshirts not dying? That may change when I meet your sis... MEEP!

New comic up! Although this comic is a filler, it reveals two important things: 1) I know how to use GIMP, as seen in this comic, and 2) I'm making all of my character's sprites three (or four, depending on the sprite) shade! Woohoo!

Edited by Kung fu rahkshi destroyer

Kung fu person, you actually know how to make GIMP comics! That's good, because otherwise I would have gone on a random angry tirade.I was going to rant at you about how using MSPaint in your comics is an art form, signified most by Gerlicky's SpoofQuest and Lavaside Rahi's timeless classic series, but how your series fell in the uncanny valley of quality - that disparaging dip between well-done simplistic MSPaint and high-definition PhotoShop/GIMP. I would have asked you to pick a style and stick to it- one normal text style/size, using consistent backgrounds, and resizing characters using the percentage function, not the corner draggers. I would have asked you to make the backgrounds simplistic, to unify your style with two or three shades, and to generally just keep up the good writing you've been doing, the only weak gag you've ever made involving the incompetent Burger King Joe and his boring Sonic ripoff's ability to spindash at people. The way you compared his fancharacter to a Pokemon, in particular.HOWEVER, I realise you are fairly competent at GIMP, and would in fact ask you to start leaning the other way- refine your GIMP skills, do away with that horrid MSPaint spraypaint can texture and make your series really interesting to read! Your one comic of GIMPness actually is really enjoyable and not painful to read like your MSPaint comics are. I mean, they were painful to read in style - you actually managed to nail interesting writing during your stint as a MSPaint user.HOWEVER(x2), I ALSO realise you want to make these comics in MSPaint, in order to stick with the name that you've given it. And I respect that! And perhaps, if you get your style unified (and not riddled with that horrid spraypaint tool effect, or with out of proportion characters) they would be really good, and I bet you would get all of the people to like them! I guess. People can be fickle.You're in a lucky position that you have two ways you can take to become a much better comic maker - two methods at your disposal - and a surrounding group of friends that can only help you go up in the buisiness. My final piece of advice is that, perhaps, the worst possible thing you could do would be to continue going on as you were, making substandard MSPaint comics. What's the point of good writing if nobody can bear to see the pictures associated with it, huh?

tumblr_mrji0oZwlq1sqiy2ho1_400.png

2 new comics up! I'm sorry for the difficulty in reading the text in Ice Cream Tour!, but I couldn't find anything to make it easier. If need be, I can post what it says. By the way, that is an actual Dreyers ice cream ingredient list. As for the second comic, I changed the background to a straight color, and made it bigger all round, which will make it easier for large blocks of text to be read.

TWO new comics up! The first was inspired by Darcsyde's 'The Net is Slow' song. The second announces my discontinuation of WaterWorks by instead integrating it into MSPT Comics, and my new use of GIMP. (P.S. If you don't get the joke, you've never had Nutella before.)

• 2 weeks later...

New comic up! These are the very first versions of Kovastrin(AKA me) and Tahoni, from my very first comic series, using my very first comic making program, Kolourpaint, using the very first font. (P.S. I just HAD to put Herbie in there!)

Theres TWO!I missed one...Hm.But the Nega Toa one was funny. And the "you said" joke, though it be old, is always good.A tip, you might want to put the comic you're posting in the post that announces it. That way people don't always have to go to the first post to read the new comics.

• 2 weeks later...
New comic up! I once saw a comic saying that a New Years resolution is a To-Do list for the first week of January. This comic is the reality.On another note, the strip style instead of the scrunched style may look weird, but I think it's better for this particular comic. Feedback? Edited by Kung Fu Rahkshi Destroyer

New Comic Up! This is my first ever attempt at hand-drawing a comic, and I both love and hate this format. I love it due to the artistic freedom it brings, and you can display a lot more emotion than with sprites. However, it's a hassle to draw, especially since I have an unsteady hand. Tahoni's arm position in the third frame was redrawn at least 5 times before I just gave up and made his arms go down to his sides.

New Comic Up! As pointed out by JiMing, (Thank you for the comment, by the way) the title may not make much sense now that I am using GIMP. The official reason can be seen in the topic heading, but this is Tahoni's take on it, as a duly deputized agent of the S.O.A. (Screwballs Of America)