Ignahki, Toa of Life

Click

Wow, it's been a while since I've posted anything here. I've been busy working on three projects, one of which is now completed, but this isn't it. This MOC was actually something I threw together in the last week or so for that MOCPages contest Chro entered with Endymeron, and I had it done the Tuesday before it was due, but never had the chance to get pictures before the due date. Ah well, I can still show it off here! So, the contest was to build a Toa of Life, Time, or Creation, and I just threw this guy together, and decided he would be a Toa of Life. You could also gain bonus points for 1. Building a custom mask, 2. Adding in a non-ball-and-socket joint, 3. Adding a heartlight, and 4. Adding in cloth elements. I managed to get all but the last one. I later found out that "custom mask" could be just using an armor piece as a mask, but I went ahead and built mine with bricks. You're probably getting tired of me rambling on, so I'll just share a bit of story I came up with. Ignahki was the first, and only, Toa of Life. He was one of the original Toa created by the Great Beings, yet when they realized the power he had, they cursed him, limiting his powers greatly and taking much of his own life. Now reduced to a crippled, aged Toa, he was banished to the Southernmost island in the Matoran Universe, where he found a colony of Matoran holding out against many threats. He gained their trust by reviving one of their dead, and has since been revered by all the Matoran, who attempted to help him walk again by using their limited knowledge of rebuilding. Sadly, they only ever got him to walk a few paces, and so he can never leave the island, yet his fame spread throughout the MU, and many beings make a pilgrimage to see him and his mighty powers. All those brought to him are healed indiscriminately, and so even more come. Eventually, Ignahki was killed in a raid by a jealous rival tribe of his village who never realized what they were doing. Now, on to the MOC!! Front, BackIgnahki isn't nearly as impressive as many of the MOCs entered into that contest *coughchrocough*, but I really like many of the techniques used in him, especially the leg design, the torso, and the Rau on the back, but you'll see more of those later. Here you can also see his big, bulky, silver legs lined with pistons, which was the Matoran's attempt to help him walk again. He also uses that (awesome) staff to balance on and channel some of his powers. Details: Custom Mask, Custom Eyes, Staff, LegsSorry for the terrible pictures. This was the only camera I could find at the time. I never really came up with a power for the mask, but the best I got is "Curse Resistance," which can help him walk much better, but doesn't do much against a curse from the Great Beings. Also, while I was working on the mask, to get more connection points, I made a custom eyepiece which doesn't look as nice as one of Lego's, but I decided for some reason to make his eyes clear, and it looks awesome. The staff is really simple, but looks cool as well. I really like the design inside that joint piece. And one of my favorite parts are the legs. Here's where I used a custom joint I recently tried out on another MOC (which I'm going to post soon), but they work much better on smaller MOCs. Those Bohrok eyes are connected to one of these pieces, which when jammed in there will provide enough friction for some designs to look nice. This one, not so much. I also like that Middle East baggy look, it's very much like something I wanted to use on a Dark Hunter MOC but could never figure out. I'll have to try it now. Skeleton: Front, Side, BackHere you can really see that torso I love so much. For some reason, I've been using a lot of limb pieces as torsos lately, and I really like the shaping it gives, and the Vahki torso flows so well with it. Other than that, not much to say here, besides that I like those legs, and now you can really see those knees working as they should. Poses:Come forth, little onePowers in action!What is this?Since Takua wasn't available (haven't put him together yet, and I don't have his mask), and Hahli has her legs in another MOC, Jaller's third best friend gets the privilege of reviving him: Matoro! Also another peek (first being here) at my finished project I'm probably going to post within the next week. Probably could have done more poses, but I couldn't think of much else. Hope you enjoyed, please comment and criticize. And stay tuned for the posting of Project Reignition!

Edited by Click

Thank you! The brown is like that though just because brown pieces are rare, and even though I collected at least one of many of the brown Bionicle pieces released, most of them couldn't be integrated well (like Bohrok bodies and shields), and that was the best I could do, especially while trying to use mostly Mata Brown for consistency. It's supposed to be the secondary color, but didn't work out so well.

You threw THAT together?! That's just not fair! Really, great job. The only thing I don't care for is some of the colors, but they're not bad.

Nice work!

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Brilliant mask, nice legs, nifty torso. :DHow's the body flexibility? And does moving it mess with the armoring at all?The arms are neat, too; interesting idea with the Mata feet.I think a Turaga form of Ignahki would look neat... if I've got some spare time and you don't mind I might throw one together.

save not only their lives

d665fa5c17bc200a946e0a69eaf11f929dc080cb

but their spirits

You threw THAT together?! That's just not fair! Really, great job. The only thing I don't care for is some of the colors, but they're not bad.

Nice work!

Thanks! But what's wrong with the colors? Just uneven distribution, or you don't like the scheme in general? I rather like light blue and brown, although the Mata brown does look interesting, I guess.

Brilliant mask, nice legs, nifty torso. :DHow's the body flexibility? And does moving it mess with the armoring at all?The arms are neat, too; interesting idea with the Mata feet.I think a Turaga form of Ignahki would look neat... if I've got some spare time and you don't mind I might throw one together.

Thanks a lot! I messed around with his torso a bit, and he can turn about 90 degrees to either side, and because the torso armor is attached via rubber band (sorry), it doesn't look so bad, unless it slips off the torso, and if the limb pieces start jutting out.. The back armor tends to get nudged a bit, which can loosen the Rau. It can also turn about 45 degrees up and down, and the back armor is attached just high enough to prevent it from getting bumped.

Feel free to make a Turaga Ignahki. I would love to see what you could do with him.

Edited by Click

You threw THAT together?! That's just not fair! Really, great job. The only thing I don't care for is some of the colors, but they're not bad. Nice work!

Thanks! But what's wrong with the colors? Just uneven distribution, or you don't like the scheme in general? I rather like light blue and brown, although the Mata brown does look interesting, I guess.

I'm not sure they go that great together, maybe a deeper blue? I think it's the blue that doesn't quite sit right with me. Regardless, I consider design much more important than colors, and it is of good design.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! I like the head design!

Chuck Norik is no match for Bruce Lhikan!

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!