Wright Flyer

Swert

At the studio right now, we're working on a series of items involving famous American patented inventions. One of these happened to be the Airplane.From day one when we wrote up our list, we knew we had to build the Wright Flyer. So I broke out the PDF instructions book for the original 10124 Wright Flyer set LEGO released. But I had another goal in mind. I had to selectively scale it to 50% of that original size.That is why it's now an original model.

8718722491_a54d5997fb_z.jpg8719850468_8bd8671495_q.jpg 8719850320_c9a11f2364_q.jpg 8718730091_7aa5eb8ae9_q.jpg

I didn't take too many photos, and the last three are camera phone shots. It does, however, show off the detail I put into the model and the hard work for one day's worth of full design (and redesign as it were) I put into it.This is only a sample of the work I've been doing over the past few weeks for this series of models, and I look forward to being able to share the rest in time.

bzpsig2015.png

Wow, that is awesome. The use of beams is fantastic. I never thought that something like this could be done. Then again, pretty much everyone else at that time thought that flying was impossible.

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

I never thought anyone will make something like this. It looks really nice like that. The use of beams and the supportive things at the end is really creative, especially how you attached them. The back looks interesting, like how it's made with the supportive beam things at the end. The front looks pretty nice as well, like how you put the front engine thing(or whatever it is). I would suggest using some pieces without studs on top, but as I pictured it it would look sort of weird.