Official Pictures Topic

Than the Moa

Alright, -Wind- and I have figured it out, I believe. It appears you're trying to link through Tinypic, which while itself isn't filtered, when you try to post an image with Tinypic it becomes filtered. This was due to various people posting inappropriate images and using that site to host said images. Your image should work fine if you use Brickshelf, Photobucket, Flickr, or another site like that instead; definitely let us know if it doesn't.newso1.png

"As a writer you ask yourself to dream while awake." ~ Aimee Bender

Alright, thanks folks. I would've specified Tinypic was the website in my previous post, but I thought maybe mention of the site itself was filtered out. As I said earlier, I do believe I created an account with one of those websites awhile ago, so now it's just a matter of digging it up. :)

nban.jpg

Credit to Zeddy! ------------------- Click the banner above!

And please also enjoy my other fine comedies:

The Bionicle Entrepreneur - Nuva Join the Navy - Toy Wars - A Comedy of Comics

The old gallery avatars are obsolete and archaic. If they're still around somewhere for use on the new forums, I certainly haven't come across them, even after some poking around in my settings.Anent your latter inquiry, I know for certain that avatars and personal pictures are not animated. If you are seeking to use the :burnmad: emoticon, it will be a still picture. As far as how big it'll be, you'll have to test that our yourself, but I've seen non-200x200 pictures that have been uploaded for avatar use by other members, and they haven't been strangely deformed.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Sumiki is correct; the gallery isn't around anymore. IPS removed it because many forums didn't use the avatar gallery. They took out the gallery when they redid the avatar/personal photo system, as well as because many forums didn't use it.If you use an image smaller than 100x100 px as your photo, it will initially come out with a 100x100 thumbnail with colored filler space in the area not used by your original image. For example, uploading the burnmad emoticon resulted in this.If you go back into your photo selection area, click the "Adjust Crop" button, and click "Ok," you can use the smaller image as your forum avatar without the board putting in the filler. Using the burnmad emoticon as an example again, doing this results with this as the avatar.Regardless of what you do, the avatar won't be animated in the forums, and the photo in your profile will be the standard animated emoticon without any alterations.

• 1 month later...

How do I get pictures from my computer into a post without having to use a hosting site?

That´s not possible, sorry. Premier Members can upload attachments but even then it´s not possible to embed them into your post or to make them available to those who are not Premier.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

How do I get pictures from my computer into a post without having to use a hosting site?

That´s not possible, sorry. Premier Members can upload attachments but even then it´s not possible to embed them into your post or to make them available to those who are not Premier.-Gata signoff.jpg
(sighs) Ok, but do I need an account on those hosting sites?

It's too quiet around here...

(sighs) Ok, but do I need an account on those hosting sites?
Short answer: yes.Long answer: All of the major hosting sites - the ones used most frequently on BZPower - require you to sign up. Two of the most common image-hosting sites for BZPower are Brickshelf.com (used for LEGO-related content only) and its sister site Majhost (not exclusive to LEGO-related content). Signing up for one site automatically creates an account on the other, and uploading is a simple and intuitive matter from there. Photobucket and Flickr are sites that are occasionally used, especially when Brickshelf and Majhost are down.

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

So, why was animation removed from avatars exactly?

I think that was done because of the frequency in which avatars appear throughout the forums with the new board software. Having so many animated avatars all over the place could easily become annoying to members. Avatar animations work in personal profiles, though.-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

So, why was animation removed from avatars exactly?

Here's a statement from an IPB tracker on the issue:

You can have animated photos...but the animation is disabled in the board index for the tiny thumbnails. Try to Imagine every thumbnail in the board index animated, it would make your head spin. It was noticed/reported on the internal testing board.

So, in a word, it is because of the ubiquity of avatar thumbnails on the board index, in a particular forum, in the blogs, etc. Note that if you upload an animated image, it will still animate on your profile page - just not anywhere else.In addition, the way the board creates an avatar from the photo a member uploads is rather strange. From the selection you crop after the upload, the board resizes it to 100x100 pixels, and then scales it down to 90x90 pixels to display as an avatar in topics (or 50x50 or 30x30 pixels for the thumbnails on the board index and elsewhere). That 100x100-pixel resize that I mentioned will freeze the animation of an image with any larger dimensions. So, in theory, if you uploaded a, say, 90x90-pixel animated image, it would retain its animation. Only in theory - as you are aware, animation is disabled everywhere except for personal photos, for the reasons above. Edited by -Windrider-

Uhm, why does it tell me I'm not allowed to use this file extension ( .jpg ) on BZP when it actually can be used? :huh:----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Could you perhaps give us a screenshot of the error that comes up or perhaps a link to the image you are having trouble with? Because .jpg or .jpeg images are definitely allowed on the forums.-Rez

Uhm, why does it tell me I'm not allowed to use this file extension ( .jpg ) on BZP when it actually can be used? :huh:----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Could you perhaps give us a screenshot of the error that comes up or perhaps a link to the image you are having trouble with? Because .jpg or .jpeg images are definitely allowed on the forums.-Rez
This is the image. Every time I try to put it on my sig, a square with a red cross appears instead.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

This is the image. Every time I try to put it on my sig, a square with a red cross appears instead.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth
Oh, the file you have linked is not yet public on brickshelf. That means it hasn't been approved by a brickshelf moderator. An easy way to get around this is to deeplink the image. To do this you click the image twice. So you click the image in the folder and then it comes up with the brickshelf template still behind it. Then click the second image and on a blank background your image should be. That's what deeplinking is. I hope this helps!-Rez Edited by -Reznas-

Oh, the file you have linked is not yet public on brickshelf. That means it hasn't been approved by a brickshelf moderator. An easy way to get around this is to deeplink the image. To do this you click the image twice. So you click the image in the folder and then it comes up with the brickshelf template still behind it. Then click the second image and on a blank background your image should be. That's what deeplinking is. I hope this helps!-Rez
Thanks, Reznas! Now it works, even if I still have some problems due to image dimension.

Oh, the file you have linked is not yet public on brickshelf. That means it hasn't been approved by a brickshelf moderator. An easy way to get around this is to deeplink the image. To do this you click the image twice. So you click the image in the folder and then it comes up with the brickshelf template still behind it. Then click the second image and on a blank background your image should be. That's what deeplinking is. I hope this helps!-Rez
It´s not just the only way to get around the missing Brickshelf moderator approval, it´s the only way to embed an image anywhere. :P-Gata signoff.jpg

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

^Thanks everyone, now it's done!

Just as a note, your signature is technically too large height wise right now, so you might want to lower the height by like 15 pixels. Or take out the text, which would make it just perfect.-Rez

Just as a note, your signature is technically too large height wise right now, so you might want to lower the height by like 15 pixels. Or take out the text, which would make it just perfect.-Rez
It cannot be possible, I shaped it to fit perfectly! I'll see what to do.
I also forgot to mention that the max size for a signature is 800x300, but that doesn't matter now because I made you a resized version that will fit perfectly and still has the exact same quality:fore_e.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/technecut5000/BG/fore_e.jpg
It is now 455x275 providing just enough space for the text you have in your signature. Hope this helps!-Rez Edited by -Reznas-

I also forgot to mention that the max size for a signature is 800x300, but that doesn't matter now because I made you a resized version that will fit perfectly and still has the exact same quality:fore_e.jpg
It is now 455x275 providing just enough space for the text you have in your signature. Hope this helps!-Rez
Done! Thanks for the precious help, Reznas!

It is now 455x275 providing just enough space for the text you have in your signature. Hope this helps!-Rez
I am terribly sorry, but somehow when I scaled the image the filesize went all the way up to 100.8kb, so I have lowered the filesize. You shouldn't have to do anything but refresh the page. Sorry again.-Rez

I am terribly sorry, but somehow when I scaled the image the filesize went all the way up to 100.8kb, so I have lowered the filesize. You shouldn't have to do anything but refresh the page. Sorry again.-Rez
Er, I fear I didn't understand, sorry for my poor English. Would you be so gentle to tell me that in other words, please? Again, sorry.

Er, I fear I didn't understand, sorry for my poor English. Would you be so gentle to tell me that in other words, please? Again, sorry.
That's completely alright. All I was saying was that the filesize of the image of scaled was over 100kb which is the limit on BZP. So I lowered the filesize and all is well now. So you shouldn't have to do anything about it. The link is still the same.-Rez

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I've been wondering about this for quite a while, and even though I couldn't find anything in the rule topics, I thought I might as well ask in here.Would I be allowed to post an image that features some slight amounts of blood-esque stains?Image as in drawing. I thought I'd ask here first - better safe than sorry. ^_^

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

Okay, I've been wondering about this for quite a while, and even though I couldn't find anything in the rule topics, I thought I might as well ask in here.Would I be allowed to post an image that features some slight amounts of blood-esque stains?Image as in drawing. I thought I'd ask here first - better safe than sorry. ^_^

The staff have made it clear, though not in a specific topic, that it is alright to post images or comics with small amounts of blood. So as long as you limit the amount of blood that is visible, you should be fine. Hope this helps! :)-Rez

Alright... so this one would be okay? (for the red parts could be, I don't know, tomato sauce as well xD)

Well, in my opinion, and don't quote me on this because I'm not a staff, but, it seems like there is a bit too much blood in it for BZPower. And that is besides the fact that the image could scare younger children due to the character portrayed. I mean, he (or she) has blood on its mouth implying that it has eaten something or someone. Perhaps cutting down on a bit of the blood would make it more BZPower appropriate. But I would ask a staff if the image in general is alright.-Rez Edited by -Windrider-

I think it's the context here. I've seen plenty of images on BZP with more blood, but in this context it's implied the person just ate/bit into someone else, which is worse (IMO) than someone simply cutting them-self or being struck by a sword. I agree though, it's subjective.

Generation reeeeeeeeeeeee: If you see this, don't copy it into your signature. Get off your computer. Go outside! Go for a walk! Appreciate the beauty of the world while you're young and energetic and full of unwarranted enthusiasm.