A brief Open Letter to the fanbase about the BIONICLE Websites

Dear fellow fans of BIONICLE,

By now, you've heard the news that BIONICLE.com and BIONICLEstory.com are to be/have been torn down. The serials can't be continued on those wonderful sites. While backups of both and their contents have been created and archived versions can be viewed in the Wayback Machine (both of which I strongly applaud), there is still a lot of uncertainty. Due to LEGO policy, GregF can't post here any longer, which leaves a lack of closure as to the end of the story. I'm sure some way will be found (Most likely through the staff), but one must remember that if BIONICLE comes back, it will most likely A. be a really long time,and B.have a new story. But, in spite of this, we must keep hope.

Let's look at Star Trek, as one often does in this context. The Original Series ran from 1966-1969. In 1979, ten years after its cancellation, the very first movie came out. Then, 1984 brought Next Generation, which brought on Voyager,DS9,and Enterprise. after 2002,when the 10th movie, Nemesis, was released and became the first (and so far only) even-numbered Star Trek movie to be met with mostly negative reviews. In 2009, the current movie series started, with the second (12th chronologically) having been recently been released. Star Trek was brought back because the fans kept it relevant. I'm not saying make a ton of web pages for bringing back BIONICLE. (You can if you want, though.) I'm saying we need to write our own endings to the story and other fan fiction. MOC, draw, do something. Let no one shirk. (Yes, that is a real word.)

Best wishes,

tent163phantoka

Edited by tent163phantoka
  • Upvote 1

I'm saying we need to write our own endings to the story and other fan fiction. MOC, draw, do something. Let no one shirk. (Yes, that is a real word.)

That's what we have an entire Creative Outlet for. People have been doing this for over a decade. I don't think this topic really serves any purpose.