Issue With Pm's

Toa_of_lasers

I haven't been on Bzpower for quite some time (a few years, in fact) and am trying to see if I can reconnect with a few old acquaintances who might still browse around here. However, I can't seem to access the pm feature; whenever I try to message another member, I get the error message, "You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board." Whenever I click on the text, "You have 0 new messages" on the front page, it simply brings me to the new forums. This is quite frustrating, as I'm sure you can understand. What can I do to remedy this situation?

bot.png

/ Roodaka's Game Topic / Nerf On / bOrEd sTuDiOs / Bangsticks /

Buzzbee is to Nerf, as Mega Blox is to Lego

I've sent you a test PM. If you receive it, reply to it? If not, just reply in here. If it's been a few years, could those members possibly be gone, and had their accounts deleted/banned? Are you certain they're still here? ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

If I recall, a while before the forums went down (So maybe since you've been gone: all of your posts have been erased, which they did a while back to topics that hadn't had posts in them since...January 2007, was it?), they added a spammer-preventative feature in which you had to post ten times in order to leave a "New Member" category, which would force all of your posts to be approved and would block the PM system. When this was put into play, everyone with over 10 posts had to post only once in order to get taken out of the category. It looks like you've only posted once thus far in this forum...in order have this feature turned off for you, you need to post at least once in any of the forums except for these:

• [*]New Member Q&A[*]Bionicle Artwork II: Shops & Kits[*]Bionicle Games & Trivia[*]BZP Voting Booth[*]Completely Off Topic

(credit to iPenguin for the list) So, go post somewhere that isn't listed, and it should start working for you. :)

If I recall, a while before the forums went down (So maybe since you've been gone: all of your posts have been erased, which they did a while back to topics that hadn't had posts in them since...January 2007, was it?), they added a spammer-preventative feature in which you had to post ten times in order to leave a "New Member" category, which would force all of your posts to be approved and would block the PM system. When this was put into play, everyone with over 10 posts had to post only once in order to get taken out of the category. It looks like you've only posted once thus far in this forum...in order have this feature turned off for you, you need to post at least once in any of the forums except for these:

• [*]New Member Q&A[*]Bionicle Artwork II: Shops & Kits[*]Bionicle Games & Trivia[*]BZP Voting Booth[*]Completely Off Topic

(credit to iPenguin for the list) So, go post somewhere that isn't listed, and it should start working for you. :)

But they're not in the New Members user group, so that shouldn't be the problem. ~Argentum~

~ Argentum

I haven't been on Bzpower for quite some time (a few years, in fact) and am trying to see if I can reconnect with a few old acquaintances who might still browse around here. However, I can't seem to access the pm feature; whenever I try to message another member, I get the error message, "You are not allowed to use the messenger feature on this board." Whenever I click on the text, "You have 0 new messages" on the front page, it simply brings me to the new forums. This is quite frustrating, as I'm sure you can understand. What can I do to remedy this situation?

The old forums of Bzpower have been archived - you can't edit, post, or change your settings in those boards anymore. They are simple archives; these are the actual Bzpower forums now. The Forum archives also do not allow you to view or sent pms. It's that simple, guys. Although, all yours previews pms should be located in 'Personal Messenger" Button, the one that resembles a little open letter at the very top, right here in the new forums. Edited by Riglax

Thanks for the help, guys. Clicking the 'New Messages' link on the homepage still brings me to the new forums, but once logged in here I was able to access a good chunk of my old messages and send new ones. Just out of curiosity, how long is it planned to preserve the old archived forums? I'm having fun browsing through old threads for nostalgia's sake.

bot.png

/ Roodaka's Game Topic / Nerf On / bOrEd sTuDiOs / Bangsticks /

Buzzbee is to Nerf, as Mega Blox is to Lego