• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

About Time: Review Topic

about time reviews and that

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 08 2013 - 07:49 AM

I have a joke for you.

Who has two thumbs, and is writing an epic set in the same continuity as Vorex's at a point in time about six months before his epics begin?

THIS GUY

so yeah review it pl0x

Disclaimer: This epic is in no way affiliated with or inspired by the movie About Time, which totally stole my title, the scoundrels. I honestly had no idea of the movie's existence at the time of this title being thought up, so deal with it.

Edited by Wotsiznaim, Jun 08 2013 - 07:50 AM.

not a lot of things match my avatar

#2 Offline Axilus Prime

Axilus Prime
  • Members
  • Bohrok-Kal Vanquished

• 4,955 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 08 2013 - 09:29 AM

That was a good read. Things definitely seem interesting no matter what angle you look at it from. At first I was thinking of a Vorox or a Kestora until you revealed it was Lehvak-Kal, which is much cooler.

Traxin's introduction had some great humor, no obvious gags, just amusing thoughts and descriptions of things. As for Zarrus, I can't tell if he's good or evil. I'm guessing that was the point.

The chess thing was funny too, I never could beat a chess bot. I never knew much about Trakuda from the RPG, but he seems like an interesting character to have around.

The ending reminded me of The Hobbit.

Overall, a great start, can't really find anything I think is bad. I'd say your biggest challenge right now is simply keeping it this good or better.

#3 Online Lincoln Lee

Lincoln Lee
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Return to Metru Nui

• 7,555 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 10 2013 - 05:00 AM

[color=#4b0082;]oh[/color]

[color=#4b0082;]was I meant to post here[/color]

[color=#4b0082;]Yeah well overall this stuff was pretty good. I mean, I think you chose a pretty nice fan continuity to set it in, definitely one of my favourites, and past my shameless self-praise this is actually pretty awesome and you better finish it.[/color]

[color=#4b0082;]you know[/color]

[color=#4b0082;]finishing an epic[/color]

[color=#4b0082;]i bet that's a new thing[/color]

[color=#4b0082;]:3[/color]

[color=#4b0082;]But yeah, man, I've related my thoughts on this stuff to you during the approval process and all I can say is keep up the good work. I'm glad this has been posted, regardless; it's about time.[/color]

- [color=#4b0082;]Indecisive[/color] Individual

Someday, you're going to need help. Someday, you're going to turn to me, because there's no one else left. And when you do, I will say 'no'. I will look you dead in the eyes and I will say no, because you let her die, David. 

marked.png

"There's a new world on the way."

Marked: Chapter 12 Coming Soon

Review Topic

slothy slothy slothpants

bzprpg 2013 y'all

#4 Offline Doctor J. Wotzon

Doctor J. Wotzon
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Crushed

• 4,604 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 10 2013 - 12:00 PM

Traxin's introduction had some great humor, no obvious gags, just amusing thoughts and descriptions of things. As for Zarrus, I can't tell if he's good or evil. I'm guessing that was the point.

The chess thing was funny too, I never could beat a chess bot. I never knew much about Trakuda from the RPG, but he seems like an interesting character to have around.

The ending reminded me of The Hobbit.

Overall, a great start, can't really find anything I think is bad. I'd say your biggest challenge right now is simply keeping it this good or better.

Yes indeed, Zarrus is intended to be rather enigmatic at this point.

The Trakuda here is different in many ways from his RPG self, and not just due to the different setting. His differing personality traits will come to light later in the story.

Yeah I noticed it was somewhat Hobbit-y upon re-reading it, but it was not a deliberate reference at first.

If I'm good, and I can be, these hopes of yours should be fulfilled.

[color=rgb(75,0,130);]you know[/color]

Sorry, did you want me to find a different fan continuity or...? :sly:

not a lot of things match my avatar

#5 Offline Aurora the cat

Aurora the cat
  • Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 506 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 09 2013 - 10:07 PM

Meh.  Worth reading.  There is a minor spelling error in the first line of chapter 1.  Other than that good. 

[color=#4b0082;]you know[/color]

*Sarcasm mode active* OMG, it is SO NEW FOR SOMEONE TO END A STORY HERE *Sarcasm mode disengaged*

EDIT:  No spelling error, just my ADHD mind!  :D

Edited by Ora_unit_SR388, Jul 09 2013 - 10:30 PM.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users