• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

An Explanation of Our Downtime

The Ninjago Wiki TNW downtime offline

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 323 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 08 2013 - 02:19 PM

Last edited August 8th Hello! Morris the Mata Nui Cow from The Ninjago Wiki here. As you guys might have noticed, we’ve been offline for about a month and a half now. I thought I’d drop in and let you guys know what’s been going on. First off, we were not hacked. Nobody with malicious intent gained access to our servers and took the site down. We planned for this downtime to take place, albeit not for this long. Second, your data has not been lost. We’ve backed everything up so that when we return, the content of the site will be the same. So, why did we take the site offline, then? The reason was because we were transferring away from our old server host. TNW and TCW have not been the fastest historically, and our new server host has a proven track record because they host the Brickimedia project. But things did not go entirely to plan. When we bought the server, we got literally that: a completely blank server with nothing on it. I’ll spare you from the technological mumbo jumbo, but in short we thought we needed to configure the server a certain way, but to do that we needed to enter a password, and it had been changed. But it turns out that now we need to install some backend programs to make the server actually function as a database before we do that. Needless to say, we still have some work to do. :P I imagine some of you want a timeframe for when this will be completed, which I am unfortunately not in a position to give as I am not actively participating in the transfer. I can say with relative certainty, however, that with summer approaching for some of our staff members the process will be quickened. As any developments unfold, I’ll edit this post to inform you of them. I’ll also post a reply here when that happens to let followers of this topic know of any updates. In the meantime, feel free to voice any questions or concerns you may have and either I or another staff member will do our best to address them. Thank you for your patience and understanding during this process. Edit (August 2nd, EDT):

Meiko has been working along with Lcawte, a friend of his from Brickipedia, to bring back all of Plast's sites, including BrickCraft.me and KanohiJournal. I asked Meiko how the process has been going, and this is what he had to say:

All server content is added[...]All that's left is databases and apache configLcawte will do the apache config for us

I think it's safe to say we're on the home stretch!

Edit (August 8th):

Apache has been installed! All that's left to do is the databases and we'll be set.

Edited by Infrared, Aug 08 2013 - 10:48 PM.

#2 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 832 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 11:54 PM

Its great to hear that KJ will be back up and running before too long! :D

-XONARsig.png

mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

Feel free to add this banner to your sig!

#3 Offline Infrared

Infrared
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Armored Protector

• 323 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Aug 15 2013 - 12:22 AM

Its great to hear that KJ will be back up and running before too long! :D

Out of all Plast's major LEGO projects, I'm afraid I'm the least certain about KJ. All I know is that about a year ago Bioran said he wouldn't renew the domain, and currently kanohijournal.com mentions the domain might be for sale. However, when he mentioned this he also said he had plans for KJ's future off of KJ.com, which I probably shouldn't discuss in depth. Meiko also specifically mentioned bringing back KJ just two weeks ago, so it could be that they're either renewing the domain or already in the process of bringing it back the other way. I might very well find out what's happening the same time you guys do. :P

Edited by Infrared, Aug 15 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#4 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 832 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 15 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hmm, I guess we'll see, then. Myself and the rest of the BioMedia Project staff have been talking about KJ's return lately, but I haven't talked to Meiko about it yet. :)

-XONARsig.png

mnolg_dvd_bzp_banner_2.jpg

Feel free to add this banner to your sig!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users