8909404722_f146ace649.jpg

Flickr

First of all, despite its System-y exterior, this MOC contains a lot of small Bionicle pieces in its interior, making the Technic to System ratio favorable, so please leave this topic in BBC if possible, staffies.Anywho, it's good to be back on BZPower and posting another MOC. :D

This was actually what I was planning to make when I distractedly built Fishy a while back. I know that I've been gone a long time due to excruciating college calculus/physics, but I'm in the home stretch and I will be back in BBC again soon after making my Contest #65 entry.So as for this MOC, it is a heavily-armed robot flier that can also transition to a walker mode. Think of it as a Terminator-style vehicle crossed with a Star Wars vulture droid. Also, I know that realistically, the wing angle would not work at all for flight, but aerodynamics are irrelevant if you look cool.

~B~ Edited by Ballom

Hey! Great to see you back Ballom with some new MoCs! Obsidian Shadow looks great, the overall aesthetic qualities are appealing the eye. The colour scheme and match of black and orange really is one of my favorite combinations The face that is a gatling/minigun is really a nice touch, as simple as it is. The body and wings are built great, and the ratio of bulk to sleek is jussst right to make it a great MoC all in all. Great job Ballom, can't wait to see your next MoC for BBC #65! :)

Edited by Phantomesque

Agreed. Who needs aerodynamics with LEGOs? The MOC is a very smooth transition from the wings to the tail. The eye could've been done better, IMO, and the chain gun-face looks great!

What specifically about the eye do you not like? I'll admit, having an eye in the middle of a chain gun on your head might be a little cumbersome, but this MOC can shoot at whatever he's looking at, and besides, who would dare try to poke his eye out? :P

Hey! Great to see you back Ballom with some new MoCs! Obsidian Shadow looks great, the overall aesthetic qualities are appealing the eye. The colour scheme and match of black and orange really is one of my favorite combinations The face that is a gatling/minigun is really a nice touch, as simple as it is. The body and wings are built great, and the ratio of bulk to sleek is jussst right to make it a great MoC all in all. Great job Ballom, can't wait to see your next MoC for BBC #65! :)

Thanks, Phantomesque, I'm pleased with it too. :) Yeah, it used to be a lot more cumbersome with big clunky legs. When I added the small landing claws and big sleek wings with laser cannons, those added wonders to its overall shape.And don't worry, my BBC #65 entry should be up quite soon!~B~