Bohrok Powers

This is good question that i have wondered myself and have not received an answer

u9et1dt.gif

Banner made by Onaku

BZPRPG CHARACTERS

Syvra-Tivanu

If you interact with one of my characters and I don't respond or acknowledge the interaction within a day, send me a PM. Odds are I missed or did not see the post.

As far as I've seen, no, but I can't be sure. I mean, the Kal used a ton of their powers to defeat the Nuva, but still had plenty to fight them again while awakening the Bahrag. I haven't seen anything saying normal Bohrok have elemental energy limits either, which, when you think about it, wouldn't make any sense, because they would all have to pause for days to regenerate their energies while clearing Mata Nui, which wouldn't be very efficient.

Never came up in-story, so short of a Greg answer all we can do is theorize.

To me it seems most likely that Bohrok powers are sub-powers of the elements in general, with more control than something like a Mask of Levitation but working on the same basic power limits as Kanohi Mask powers or Kanoka Disk powers. Mainly because both normal Bohrok and the Kal have one member per six types that isn't a specific element; Acid and Void. So for those two powers it can't be elemental energy.

However, the principles might be the same either way, so maybe the other five in each group do use elemental energy like a Toa, but the green ones don't. (Also, it's possible that all elemental sub-powers use elemental energy to some extent, so the Kanohi Matatu might use some Psionics energy even though it's not a full Psionics mask.)

There's also the fact that the Kal faced Toa whose powers were stolen, so we never got to see them in a truly fair fight.

Possibly the fact that they could be overloaded shows that they weren't designed to go above a certain level and couldn't handle real Toa-level power too.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Possibly the fact that they could be overloaded shows that they weren't designed to go above a certain level and couldn't handle real Toa-level power too.

If we're theorising that the Bohrok didn't use elemental energy, but some special Bohrok energy, then it might not be to do with the level of power they were given, but the fact it was actual elemental energy which they weren't designed to take?

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

7. Are the Bohrok powers more magical, or more mechanical?In other words, are they like Toa powers, or Vahki powers? 7) I see them as being natural power, though I would not classify them as "magical."

Well, that's confusing, but I guess it's worth throwing out there. With that in mind, I'm leaning against the idea that they are like Vahki powers. But the powers aren't quite like what the Toa use, because they can't form a Toa Seal:

6. About those Bohrok elemental powers: You've said that combining the Bohrok elemental powers would not produce protodermis. Is this because of the acid power instead of air power? What if a Toa of Air took the place of the Lehvak? Would that form protodermis?

6) It's because they aren't Toa.

Also, we have not seen any story portrayals of Bohrok elemental energy, so that might be why they can't form one. :shrugs: They might have simple control over the power itself, being robots and all, and not understand the energy behind it or how to manipulate it. That might be why the Bohrok-Kal were defeated - their power-control systems couldn't figure out how to manipulate all of the energy. But that still doesn't answer the question of what the power itself is. I think it's elemental, but they don't have as good control over it as Toa do, because they don't need it, in theory. I also think that the quantity they could use at a time would likely be very limited. The powers that they use were so devastating from an in-story perspective that they looked bad, but that doesn't mean that they can just use unlimited amounts whenever they want. Having a preprogrammed "amount to use" would also severely reduce the chances of them running out of EE.

Suppose, given their purpose, that Bohrok's elemental powers limit them to the destructive uses of the elements. For instance, Tahnok can't absorb heat or increase it in a certain area, just burn stuff. And Nuhvok can't shape the earth, only level it or throw earth at something to hurt it.

As for the Kal, I don't know. Their purpose is different from standard Bohrok, so it's harder to say. Particularly since they showed up long before any Toa of Plasma, Magnestism, and all that other stuff.

Edited by LewaLew
How well will you die?

You know, after thinking about this, it does seem like they run on some kind of high-capacity or low-usage-rate elemental energies, or how could the Nuva symbols give them more power?

Not necessarily -- they would be the wrong kinds of elemental energy, so they would have to be converted at least into different energies, plus it worked for the Void one. Since it would need converted anyways, it could convert into whatever they had.

My guess is the Nuva Symbols create raw, pure energy and only later is it converted into the Toa's elemental energies, or in that case into the Kal's energies (regardless of what those energies were).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

It wasn't, I just prefer the shorter synonym. :P (Actually, "Void" came first in Makuta's MNOG-end speech, referring to outer space.)

Well void is a vacuum. So is void an element or not? Greg said something about it somewhere, idr exactly what he said about it though.

No. "Void" (as Vacuum) is a sub-power of Air. Edited by Meta-Mind

BZPRPG TIME, where you could have one post talk about dinner, and the next about lunch.

Time is beyond relative here.

There's no reason not to put lasers in the palms of planet-sized robots. In fact, if I had my own planet-sized robot, palm lasers would be one of my first upgrades.

BZPRPG Profiles [outdated]

May or may not be back from a multi-year hiatus. We'll see how this works out...

He said that neither Void nor Acid are Toa elements. For a while there was something about one of them (Acid, I think) being a non-Toa element, but what exactly that means was never clear and most fans ignore it. Not sure if Greg would still hold to it.

As for Void, it is pushing out of Air, as well as other elements, so it is sort of a subpower of all the material elements, especially Air.

"Greg" said void was in element in BS01's April Fools prank. So, no. It is not really an element.

Er... I agree it isn't really an element, but I hope you don't mean "so" there to imply that the reason it isn't an element is due to a prank. :P

Because they are 'reincarnated' av-matoran, is it safe to say that they are at least more friendly to light than Makuta are?

Definitely. They were awakened prematurely by Teridax, and that was the only reason they were hostile. They thought they were answering Mata Nui's call. The bahrag even referred to the Toa as their "brothers".

How well will you die?