Video Game You Last Played?

I just finished Bravely Second: End Layer. It was a fun ride, with the strange twists and silly humor keeping me in the story.

Also, let me say that the game has a hilariously messed up final boss battle.

Nice! I've been playing it too, and prefer it to Default.

I played me some Overwatch and I'm having tons of fun with it.

~Avatar's original image was made by the incomparable Egophiliac.~

~Electronic Manic Supersonic Bionic Energy~

f9Qcky7.png

~"If I am afraid of criticism, I won't be able to challenge anything new." - BoA~

Been playing Crusader Kings II.

Created the character Arthos Pendragon (inspired by King Arthur), Grand Prince of Gwennyd, a tiny little Brythonic/Welsh state. After a lot of work that took most of his life, he forged the united Kingdom of Wales, otherwise christened as the Kingdom of Byrthoniaid. A paragon of virtue and a great historical figure, Arthos became the suzerain of many of his neighbors, holding west Britain and Ireland under his hegemony. Some of his more private dealings were exposed shortly before he died, however, such as having affairs that fruited 'fatherless' children (not sure how to substitute this word, thanks stupid censor), and stealing landed titles from other countries. He knew that there would be trouble with the inheritance of the kingdom and the inner realms between his eldest sons, but he could do nothing as the laws of the land forced his hand. There is only a single independent Brythonic/Welsh count, and this nail in his side unfortunately would carry to his heir.

King Arthos the Wise died and left his realm to two of his oldest sons, King Alwyn and Prince Pedr. After the grand coronation of King Alwyn, one that even the heir to Charlemagne attended, Alwyn wished to cement the succession of his daughter, his eldest and most able child, a sneaky warrior princess by the name of Sibyl. To do this, Alwyn asked his brother Pedr to hand over his inherited Duchy of Gwennyd, but he refused and openly revolted against his brother's tyranny. This was not tyranny, however, as Pedr held no land in the de jure Duchy of Gwennyd, only the title, and 30-something year old Sibyl held the de jure capital. Pedr wasn't much of a fighter and little amount's of men, and lost every single battle, but he was a weasel that kept escaping his brother's grasp. Eventually, Alwyn captured him and had him locked in his dungeon. He was able to fortify his claim on the duchy of Gwennyd, but was unable to strip Prince Pedr of other titles without the other vassals of the kingdom being outraged and possibly causing further internal warfare. Alwyn patiently waits for the strategic claim of the one of the independent grand count's counties, one in the middle of this country so as to divide it and later subjugate it, using Cornelius Scipio's strategy of Divide and Conquer. In the mean time, he has to fend off a small viking party, 4th one so far in his short rule, and will quickly dispose of this trash before extending the hegemony of Britain that his father Arthos started.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Dark Souls

I defeated on Black Knight thing

and now they expect me to defeat another

except this time in close quarters

Black Knights are mostly optional mini-bosses until the end game, where they're just straight-up mooks. But at that point you should be able to handle them pretty handily.

They drop great loot if you're lucky enough.

hElbrZ6.gif

Dark Souls

I defeated on Black Knight thing

and now they expect me to defeat another

except this time in close quarters

What Hodor said. For whatever it's worth, they are actually fairly easy to parry and riposte. Backstabbing is a bit more difficult to do even when you can move quickly, but with proper timing you can also get them stuck in a backstab loop.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Crusader Kings II.

Fitting music

King Alwyn Pendragon of Brythoniaid has gained a nickname due to his anger issues and ruthlessness in battle: Alwyn the Fanged. His brother Pedr eventually died in his dungeon, leaving a bitter child as the Duke of Powys (central Wales). Upon his brother's death, Alwyn the Fanged increased the authority of the crown. Once grown up, the child has been behind plots to weaken the country, all climaxing in his declaration of civil war against his royal uncle in the name of tyranny (the crown's newfound authority) with all but one of Alwyn's vassals (dear daughter Sibyl Pendragon, Duchess of Gwennyd)-- even Alwyn's wife, the Queen of Brythoniaid and the Duchess of Dwyad, siding with the the rebels. Unlike the war against his brother Pedr Pendragon, Alwyn's war against his nephew and his rebellious alliance was quite even, so the King called in the assistance of a couple of his tributes: the Petty King of Tara in Ireland and the twisted Queen of __, __ the Ill-Ruler. In hard fought battles spanning all of Wales, Alwyn captured a few enemy generals, including a wicked warrior bishop. Finally, in the dark forested mountains of south Powys, all the forces from each side gathered and fought for the future of Brythoniaid. It is in that battle that Alwyn the Fanged dueled his able nephew in the midst of the storm of swords. After close calls, Alwyn diarmed his nephew, the rebellious Pendragon pleading for merciful surrender. Well none was to be found, for Alwyn stabbed his nephew through the chest with a cry of "DIE!!", his strength piercing that youngun's mail harness. Thus Alwyn the Fanged smote his enemy's ruin across the mountainside, the sword now unsheathed from said corpse and Alwyn whipping the blood of his nephew at nearby rebels 'afore their submission in frightful surrender in common kneeling. All the traitors were locked up, including Alwyn's wife, the king then having a divorce from her. With the Duke of Powys slain, the duchy has been split into two, between son and daughter, which should keep the otherwise vengeful children preoccupied with one another. Soon after, a new power has risen in Great Britain: the Kingdom of Mercia, the lone Angle power amidst many a lowly prince and petty king.

Years passed and Alwyn the Fanged has since greyed, but before his death he would make sure to do what his father could not: the true unification of Wales. First, he asked a tribute of his if they wanted to swear fealty, and since he always treated them like they were of his kingdom proper, they gave no resistance and happily accepted. Then, King Alwyn declares a war of subjugation upon the Count of Glammorgan. Overwhelmed by the Brythonic power but slippery, the enemy of Brythoniaid continued their futile resistance for a few years. At the same time, nearby powers, such as the Petty Queen __ the Ill-Ruler and the newly ascended King of Mercia, also declared war upon the count and eagerly invaded and besieged the country as Brythoniaid was doing the same. It was only with swiftness that King Alwyn was able capture the capital castle-city of Glammorgan and capture the count, sealing his conquest. The other two countries melted from the borders of Wales. Now having 75% of the land and having enough gold, Alwyn stole the title of the Duchy of Mercia from the King of Mercia just before accepting the invitation to the King of Mercia's formal coronation, and while at the grand feast that takes place after the crowning, the two kings stared at each other in bitter rivalry while festivities were being performed, foreshadowing the eventual clash between the Welsh and Saxon powers.

I'll edit stuff later.

Edited by Iaredios the Hip Historian
  • Upvote 1

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

Since I'm building a gaming PC within a few weeks, I decided to give a FPS a shot just to see how I like KB/M compared to a controller for shooters (it ended up being the first time I've really liked KB/M for games), so I booted up my copy of Battlefield 3 I got for free a few years ago but never played. After figuring out how to get into my Origin account after two years and learning that yes, you launch the game from your browser, I gave it a shot and ran through a bit of the campaign (I was going to try multiplayer but I couldn't figure it out), it was fun enough. Might give some other FPS games a try when I get my new computer all set.

Since I'm building a gaming PC within a few weeks, I decided to give a FPS a shot just to see how I like KB/M compared to a controller for shooters (it ended up being the first time I've really liked KB/M for games), so I booted up my copy of Battlefield 3 I got for free a few years ago but never played. After figuring out how to get into my Origin account after two years and learning that yes, you launch the game from your browser, I gave it a shot and ran through a bit of the campaign (I was going to try multiplayer but I couldn't figure it out), it was fun enough. Might give some other FPS games a try when I get my new computer all set.

Definitely give multiplayer a try in BF3, the campaign does not do that game justice at all.

IetTsFQ.png

I finally finished Dragon Age: Inquisition and all its DLC about a week ago. I spent about 110 hours on the game over the course of two months, and I don't regret a single one of them. Excellent game. Not perfect, but excellent. I look forward to playing it again, though that will be a way off yet.

I also started Metro 2033 Redux a few days ago. It's a little different from the standard game, but for the better, I think. People claim the stealth is easier, and maybe it is, but from what I remember, those times when it was harder in the original game had more to do with finnicky mechanics and inconsistent enemy awareness. (As a side note, I actually remember one stealthy section being much easier in the standard version of the game.) I also like the ability to choose Survival or Spartan mode; I went for Survival, but I think I'll go with Spartan when I get to Last Light. As far as negatives, there's only one big annoyance I've encountered so far: for some reason, ever since I got the night vision goggles, whenever there is a cutscene of any length or whenever I am not allowed to draw my weapon, Artyom automatically puts on his night vision goggles. This is only mildly annoying in the cutscenes, because I remember enough of the game's plot that being blinded during cutscenes doesn't take away too much from the game. Where it is incredibly annoying, and where it makes the game much harder than it needs to be, are the few "on rails" sections--most notably, when you are in the gun turret on the trolley. For whatever reason, I was unable to remove the night vision goggles, so if there was any significant light source nearby, I couldn't see well enough to shoot the large number of enemies (which were hard enough to hit already because of the flashlights on their heads) that appeared. But that's just a minor gripe, and I'm enjoying the game so far.

EDIT: And I finished Metro 2033 Redux. I... didn't realize I was so close to the end. Anyway, it was fun (I was reminded of another big annoyance, which is that, for some reason, when fighting large groups of mutant enemies with allies, most of the mutants seem to head directly for the player character, creating some frustrating situations). I was able to get the "good" ending, despite not really trying and despite it not being canon.

Edited by (Daedalus)

• 2 weeks later...

Medieval II: Total War, the mod De Bello Mundi. Playing as Parthia and trying to historically destroy the Seleukid Kingdom (or Empire). I had an ally, Baktria (hellenic dynasty), but after the Seleukids declared war on me, my 'allies' betrayed me and are invading. I don't have the manpower to fight both so I am utilizing my horsepower and wiping out armies Mongol-style. Pretty awesome to see hordes of horse-riders crash into spearmen phalanxes from the back and sides, looks like a huge wave crashing onto bowling pins and obliterating them. Just wish the game had some gore to make it extreme, but nope, only little blood poofs and people yelling about.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

Finished Metro: Last Light Redux. I must say, I enjoyed it far more than 2033, and considering how much I enjoyed that one, that's saying something. It was put together so much better; everything was just tighter. I enjoyed the plot much more, and there were several moments that were just brilliant (the pre-war plane scene was absolutely terrifying; definitely one of the most impacting scenes I've ever experienced in a game). Overall, it was a fantastic game, and I will definitely replay it in the future.

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team. Got the game a long time ago, got to a certain point and just stopped playing for some reason. Came back to it and started making progress again. Being able to restart a battle instead of getting a game over screen is nice, especially if I'm having trouble and just wanna easy mode it.

​Also replayed the final boss battle of Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story. That was a pretty nostalgiac experience. Although, I've played it so many times that it's basically a joke to complete. Oh well.

​(and nba 2k16 but all i did was a quick game while the game was finishing installing and i barely know anything about basketball so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

galijump.gif.f3271eeb2e5fad0ab8397c83797b5bba.gif
[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Shovel Knight. Late game makes my eyes so blind with anger that I can't see straight.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

The Mega Man Legacy Collection. Honestly, it's not that worth it in my eyes. If you have a Wii U, just buy the first six Mega Man games on the eShop for less money.

Iaredios, are you frustrated with the Order of No Quarter refights?

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Destiny. Again. The Party Crasher is my new best friend.

The Mega Man Legacy Collection. Honestly, it's not that worth it in my eyes. If you have a Wii U, just buy the first six Mega Man games on the eShop for less money.

​Or grab a copy of the GCN collection (if possible, I guess eBay but I got mine from Gamestop before they stopped selling Gamecube stuff) and get Mega Man 7 and those two fighting games.

​Like seriously, why release a collection that only has the first six games when you released one YEARS ago that had all seven and then some?

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

I don't have the GCN collection. I'm planning to get it on the PlayStation 2, though. It also has Mega Man 8 too.

t5pQDlO.jpg

Yeah, there is definitely more to offer in the Anniversary Collection than the Legacy Collection. Although, this may be a test from Capcom to see if there's interest in Mega Man (which there is). 

t5pQDlO.jpg

The only reason I bothered picking up Legacy Collection was because my local gamestop happened to have a spare of the limited edition with the golden Mega Man amiibo. Hear the ports are pretty terrible, so I don't think I've even opened it yet.

hElbrZ6.gif

The only reason I bothered picking up Legacy Collection was because my local gamestop happened to have a spare of the limited edition with the golden Mega Man amiibo. Hear the ports are pretty terrible, so I don't think I've even opened it yet.

The ports are fine for me, but I have messed with the controls quite a bit. The controls now mimic those of Mega Man X on the SNES, and it's a lot more comfortable. I also got the game because of the Amiibo. I have to be honest, I've only ever played Megaman games past Megaman 7, and I really wanted to play the first six. I never got around to buying them off of the eShop. 

t5pQDlO.jpg

Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (I love that subtitle, for some reason). I'm enjoying it, for the most part. It's a little more frustrating than the first game, mostly due to some of the mechanic changes (one of the most significant being the way weapons degrade) and the greater number of instances in which multiple enemies must be fought at once, something that neither game is well suited to. It's not all bad, though; the sense of accomplishment brought by conquering a location and its boss is just as great (I hate the Ruin Sentinels, though; multiple enemies are bad, but multiple boss enemies are worse) and the power stance mechanic is cool and useful.

Some mod for Mount and Blade: Warband. Finally got the Cuman masked-helmet like in my avatar and I don't really know what to do now.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

I have played some Heart of Iron 4.

In my game playing as the USA, because I am a noob. Nazi Germany fell rather quickly, and the Soviets became extremely powerful, but instead of in the end the Democratic and Communist nations fighting eachother, we found a way to co-exist in peace and love. Even though, I released the Russian Federation from the Soviets through a Democratic coup. It was an early precaution, to prevent the USSR from getting any funny ideas. And, I believed it worked.

Quote: "Love has no fear, and no vengeance." |

:t: :m_o: :a: :i: :m: :r: :u: :k: :i: :i: | mEaHKlH.pngAndekas

pure_muscle.png

Dark Souls

I killed three black knights

two dragons

a chaos witch

I stopped the rock

But I just can't get past Sen's Fortress

Ah, yes. Sen's Fortress. It's not so bad once you get to know it, but the first playthrough is awful (though not as bad as Blighttown was for me the first time through). Is this your first time playing Dark Souls? If so, take comfort in the fact that it gets slightly less difficult once you get on top of the fortress. Also, avoid going down to the bottom floor where all the water is; you might want to save that for later, and you'll definitely want the Rusted Iron Ring (I'm pretty sure that's what it's called, anyway) when you go down there.

As for me, I'm still playing Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin. For all the frustration I experience, I'm addicted to it and having a blast. I got through the Lost Bastille, Belfry Luna (which I discovered was entirely optional only later*), Sinner's Rise, Huntsman's Copse, Harvest Valley, and Earthen Keep. I'm now in the Iron Keep, and I believe I am on my way to the next Lost Soul (or whatever they are called).

*Fun fact: In the base game, this section was optional but only in the sense that it was technically possible to finish the game without going there. However, if you didn't go there, it would make a nearby necessary boss fight twice as hard. This meant that to make that boss fight manageable, it was necessary to brave the Belfry Luna (which happens to have a covenant whose members' sole purpose is to invade other players in this area) and its Gargoyle Statue boss, which is actually five or six gargoyles, to gain access to a key that made the other, necessary boss fight manageable. However, with the SotFS update, that key is located elsewhere and you don't need to fight the gargoyles to get it.

I wrapped up a hard-mode run of Fire Emblem Awakening earlier, since I wanted to toy with the gay romance hack. pretty amusing romp, though still pretty easy outside of a few of the harder DLC and the last Spotpass map.

Also started Mirror's Edge on my 360, which has been a pretty fun game. Gives me motion sickness after playing for too long, though.

hElbrZ6.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Still playing Dark Souls II, but since I share my computer with my brother, I occasionally have to find another means to entertain myself. To that end, I usually get out my 2DS. Today I downloaded a demo for Super Smash Bros. I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm... honestly not sure what was going on most of the time. I know I was jumping around and attacking, but I couldn't seem to figure out why I did some attacks sometimes but not all the time. And the sheer chaos. I guess I was expecting a fighting game more like a Soul Calibur game or Street Fighter, and it most certainly wasn't. Anyway, I know I won't ever buy it.

Destiny. Iron Banner sucks but I've still managed to get to rank 5 with Saladin on my Hunter and my Titan. Now I just gotta do it on my Warlock.

​I got Overwatch and D.va's pretty great.

Still playing Dark Souls II, but since I share my computer with my brother, I occasionally have to find another means to entertain myself. To that end, I usually get out my 2DS. Today I downloaded a demo for Super Smash Bros. I've heard a lot of good things about it, so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm... honestly not sure what was going on most of the time. I know I was jumping around and attacking, but I couldn't seem to figure out why I did some attacks sometimes but not all the time. And the sheer chaos. I guess I was expecting a fighting game more like a Soul Calibur game or Street Fighter, and it most certainly wasn't. Anyway, I know I won't ever buy it.

Or maybe you could learn the controls and basics so you can actually enjoy it instead of pulling a Funhaus and not liking a game because you didn't understand how to play it. I used to feel the exact same way with Brawl until I got better with it and Melee, and later Smash 4.

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)

Destiny. Iron Banner sucks but I've still managed to get to rank 5 with Saladin on my Hunter and my Titan. Now I just gotta do it on my Warlock.

Or maybe you could learn the controls and basics so you can actually enjoy it instead of pulling a Funhaus and not liking a game because you didn't understand how to play it. I used to feel the exact same way with Brawl until I got better with it and Melee, and later Smash 4.

I could, yeah, but then what could I complain about?* Nah, truth is, I'm just not very good at fighting games, nor do I care for them very much. I could learn it if I tried, I'm just... not interested in trying. I don't play games on my 2DS enough to get the most out of it.

*This is me attempting to be funny; I'm not being serious here.

Or maybe you could learn the controls and basics so you can actually enjoy it instead of pulling a Funhaus and not liking a game because you didn't understand how to play it. I used to feel the exact same way with Brawl until I got better with it and Melee, and later Smash 4.

I could, yeah, but then what could I complain about?* Nah, truth is, I'm just not very good at fighting games, nor do I care for them very much. I could learn it if I tried, I'm just... not interested in trying. I don't play games on my 2DS enough to get the most out of it.

*This is me attempting to be funny; I'm not being serious here.

Meh. It's a pretty easy game to learn (until you get to like, tourney-level move stuff), but hey, it's your preferences, not mine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[BZPRPG]
(shout out to max)