Video Game You Last Played?

• 2 weeks later...

Played a little Destiny, Dying Light etc but felt a little empty. I mean, I enjoy the games but something is missing... 

Dying Light is the main reason for my own post. Been meaning to try it for a while as I really enjoyed Dead Island (though the much anticipated Riptide was an overhyped disappointment) but it really felt pretty awful. Apparently the late game makes zombie killing a cake walk but the early game is impossible and hence dull as dishwater. You spend literally your entire time trying to dodge, outrun and hide from zombies thus removing any action from the game at all. The night time is genuinely scary but only because I know if I die I'll have to do the whole thing again which was already boring enough the first time round. Add to that the fact it constantly crashes for me (and many others according to a quick google) and it's certainly not going to receive any more of my time for a while...

On the plus side I'm having a reasonably good time with my second attemp at Wasteland 2, after realising on my first one that the premade characters couldn't swat a fly with a shovel if it was laying on it's back with it's head chopped off... I am finding the pacing very odd though. There seem to be HUGE sections of gameplay that involve nothing more than walking and talking, which I'm fine with in story and character driven RPGs, but pacing is just all over the place. The Nomad Rails location is a prime example of this as the location is gigantic with literally dozens of locations to visit yet only several actually important people to meet and virtually no useful information or items to be gained. It slowed the game down to a crawl and I feel like the whole experience was essentially a massive waste of time. In fact it's effectively put me off the game for now, having not played at all for 2 days since this experience. I'm hoping things will liven up once I travel back to the prison area as I did a whole lotta killin on my last visit but I just don't really feel like getting back into it right now, we'll see though!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Back playing Space Engineers again after a long absense. Much better now there are dedicated servers. Hit me up if there are any players here (especially GMT!)

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Just finished Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae. Really liked it, gameplay is pretty good, and the random banter during battle was pretty entertaining and had a good bit of variety. Took about two and a half hours to complete, which is pretty good for a free bonus demo.

I also played a little FF Type-0 as I was waiting for XV to download, and that's also pretty good. Going back to it now since I finished XV.

I am currently playing Injustice: Gods Among Us. This is a good game and all, but I have two things that really tick me off with it:

1. Way too many Batman related things. I mean, this game is supposed to about the entire DC Universe (on Earth), why the heck is half the game Batman? Catwoman and Harley Quinn shouldn't have been in a game like this (maybe Harley, but only a cameo and not an actual playable character); only Batman-related characters that should have been in there are The Joker, and Bane (maybe Nightwing, Dick Grayson is his own guy now). Guys like Grodd, Black Manta, John Constantine, Ra's al-Ghul, Swamp Thing and Orm could have replaced some of the Batman characters (like Grundy) and added others to the game; this game has Otrocitus and Trigon as well fleshed out cameo characters, why weren't they featured as a skin for the character-move-set they are based on (look at Green Lantern, they are all Hal-Jordan except a skin that changes the character to John Stewart, and another for Superman that changes him to Cyborg Superman; why couldn't something similar be done for Otrocitus and Trigon?)The next game is bound to have Darkseid in it, and with him peeps like Brainiac can tag along as well.

2.  Too little amount of stages. There are more characters than there are stages, they should be equal. I don't care about the two-in-one 'bonus', I would still love some variety. Heck, a third of the stages are centered around Batman (which goes back to #1), where is the variety? Why didn't Atlantis have more areas then just the dang throne room? The city is huge and interesting looking (ancient science-fantasy metropolis underwater), plenty of transitions are bound to be found!

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

I have a lot of achievements I never gained on Assassin's Creed Revelations. Though Revelations was my least favorite in the series, I am a completionist and whenever I see that I only have AC:R about 55% complete, I get angry and go on a rampage in AC 4.

"In this new- Wait, why am I being quoted?!"

-Kovika, Toa of Ice, Bread Enthusiast, and Ko-Metru Scholar.

[flash=250,100]http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/sprxtrerme/BANNERS/thornax.swf

Got a new PSP, so I'm finishing up my third playthrough of Super Robot Wars Z2: Saisei-Hen. I started this way back in 2012. Feels weird, man.

I mean, this game is supposed to about the entire DC Universe (on Earth), why the heck is half the game Batman?

Because Batman is basically the only icon DC has any trust in.

hElbrZ6.gif

Got a new PSP, so I'm finishing up my third playthrough of Super Robot Wars Z2: Saisei-Hen. I started this way back in 2012. Feels weird, man.

I mean, this game is supposed to about the entire DC Universe (on Earth), why the heck is half the game Batman?

Because Batman is basically the only icon DC has any trust in.

That is quite a shame, DC has plenty of good characters, like some more Aquaman and Superman characters would be awesome (Though he is a pretty small character, Trench King would be cool, sort of like an Injustice equivalent to MK's Baraka. However, he might be too bloody for Injustice as his race needs to eat 5 times it's own body weight a day to live, and look at those choppers and claws).

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Just finished the last main storyline quest in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (which was part of the latest update that launched today). Even though I'm pretty sure things will turn out fine in Heavensward, it was still pretty packed with the feels.

Pikmin 3. I decided my first winged and blue (first in this game anyways) needed names and so I named them Gerald and Agnes. Or maybe I didn't. Either way, Pikmin 3 is an amazing game, I spent 51 (in-game) days with it because I wasted so much time just exploring and beinng amazed at it. Beat it in a real-life week.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

I've been playing Life is Strange and Dark Souls II lately. I was slightly disappointed with DSII, though that's not to say it's a bad game. It's just that it's known for being really, really, really difficult or something, and all I got was a bit more of a challenge than I'm used to. Besides that, it's a brilliant game from what I've played so far, 32 hours in. I haven't actually managed to play Dark Souls I or Demon's Souls yet, but I'd like to try them at some point.

Not quite sure how to put what I think of Life is Strange into words. I think the first two episodes are fantastic, yes, and oh would I recommend them in a heartbeat, though that's not to say the game as a whole isn't flawed. The main characters are actually a lot like people I know: Teenagers who swear a fair bit more than they should (though I don't think they over-did it like some other games might), use dumb internet-slang offline, and are just generally more relateable for me because I'm like them. The lip-syncing on the dialogue is, to be frank, terrible, and I'm sure a lot of people would find the dialogue itself terrible (myself not included), but that's really all that I can hold against it right now. Well, that and the fact that it's episodic, which means I have to wait, and I want more yesterday.

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. Got it off of Club Nintendo, and I must say that I am actually enjoying the game more than I did the first time around on Wii. It is an excellent game, and tempts me to try out Tropical Freeze.

I wanted that game. I could have gotten it, but I couldn't find my 3DS packaging for the code before Club Nintendo was shut down >.< I so jelly.

The last game I played was Dig or Die. Its an awesome game.

:afro: :afro: :afro: 

Well I am nearing the end of my Skylanders Trap Team (3DS) game. I have but 2 or 3 levels left to complete. Then I need to level all my new skylanders to 20 while hunting down the rest of the hats.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

I played World of Warcraft. Not really a fan of the DK, Playing or fighting one. I really hate fighting one back in the day as a hunter. My ranged was shot to - well nothing because of their death grip pull ability.

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

DESTINY, last night. Been trying to level-up my Thorn, but seeing how it's and old Exotic, it takes forever. Even with the Nightfall perk.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

• 1 month later...

Super Smash Bros. Melee. Someone brought in a GameCube to play on after our finals. Second time playing this game, and I think I've finally gotten the speed down, as I'm used to Brawl and Super Smash Bros. 4. 

"That up smash."

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Dead or Alive 4

After having spent years playing DoA5 on PS3/PS4, I can say that the 360's D-Pad was in no way intended for use with fighting games.

I also see why people who haven't played DoA5/Dimensions can't take the series seriously at all, the "story mode" is horribly nonsensical and stupid. I'm actually surprised that DoAD managed to make a good, coherent story for 1-4 now.

GTA V. Got on just to troll people.

te0FrhT.jpg                                                                                                                            

• 2 weeks later...

I recently finished Darksiders, and I must say I was quite surprised by the game. I played the demo on my XBox 360 a couple years ago, and I remember I wasn't particularly impressed with it. I didn't like the combat (and I was pretty bad at it) and I felt lost the entire I was playing it. I remember being quite confused as to how I got to the boss (a fight that I utterly failed several times). However, it was placed on sale recently on GOG, and I was in the mood for something different, so I went out on a limb and purchased. Turns out that was a great decision, because I thoroughly enjoyed the game from start to finish.

The combat was fun, and while I won't claim to be good at it, I got to the point that I could effectively fight most enemies without much trouble (there were a couple exceptions, like those annoying four-legged beasts with the horns). The bosses were, for the most part, fun to battle (oddly enough, I think the first Chosen was the most difficult), even if the Destroyer proved to be far easier than I expected.

I liked the way loot worked, too, in that there was hardly any of it, and it was all pretty much required (as far as weapons and items and such go, anyway). That helped put the focus on the combat and the puzzles, which were never too hard.

All in all, it was a fun game, and I'm glad I purchased it. I am now playing through Darksiders II, which is a slightly different beast (where Darksiders was an action game with puzzle elements, Darksiders II more closely resembles an action RPG with puzzle elements), but fun nonetheless. I like that Death controls differently than War, and I like the expanded platforming abilities. They help break things up. I'm not big on the more extensive loot (I'd rather not have to compare stats on armor and weapons), but it doesn't detract from the overall experience. I will say this, though: the music is leaps and bounds better than the music in the first game. While Darksiders' music wasn't bad, it was far from memorable. Darksiders' II's music is just great.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn