Video Game You Last Played?

Lego Racers (1999)

I managed to find the old copy I used to play when I was a kid, so I decided to take the opportunity to install it and play it on my computer. So far, all I can say is that it's no wonder I had previously struggled to advance very far, because this game is quite a challenge. Most of today's Lego games pretty much follow the same basic formula, and the way I see it, anyone can easily reach total completion on those games, once they figure out where to go and what to do. Lego Racers, on the other hand, takes some real skill that not everyone can expect to master in a single day. It's a little frustrating, yes, but it's also actually nice to have a bit of a challenge for once. They just don't make Lego games like this anymore.

Edited by Chronicler06

Formerly known as Takanuva's Symbol, I rejoined BZPower on October 10, 2012.

These days, I am perhaps best known for my obsession with all Lego video games.

Fallout: New Vegas

Got to the part of the game where I had to get the Platinum Chip back from Benny when I was invited to Caesar's camp... So I took the invitation as a chance to fill Caesar with some lead with some shotguns I found around the camp, and then just booked it out of there. Not looking forward to dealing with House next, hit a glitch which locked me out of his path and now all of his robots are out to kill me...

Rocket League

Man, this game is awesome. Cars + soccer? Too cool.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Tomodachi Life.

So Far, My sister is married to my best friend, Several people have fallen in love but not gotten married yet, Skrillex tried to ask a character from a book I was once writing but failed, Waluigi got into plenty of arguments, and many, many great songs have been performed by... just about everyone.

wGF2PMb.png

lof_teaser.png

(I'll do this eventually, I swear...)

My BZPRPG Characters

Corpus Rahkshi Characters: Kol Arsenal Swarm Amalgamation

Skyrise Characters: Zavon

Mass Effect 2 on Hardcore. One of my favorite games, even on my sixth (or seventh, I can't remember) playthrough. This will, however, will be the first I play it with all the DLC, so I'm excited about that.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection

Currently playing through Drake's Fortune, the graphical updates are noticeable enough in this one (probably because it originally came out in 2007), but the controls feel a lot better, mainly because stuff got remapped for the PS4 controller and motion controls are gone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Either League of Legends or when I was messing around with Cloud Strife in Smash, since I had like 10 bucks on my nintendo stuff for two years now, figured why not and picked him up for 3DS and Wii U. Sorta tempted to log into Guild Wars 2, but the game's been messy on my computer and I don't particularly enjoy the farmfest aspect of it. 

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

I never heard of this game until my brother came home one day and showed me the case, telling me that his friend is letting him borrow it for comparison to the Elder Scrolls series. I at first answered with disinterest, but after watching him play I grew interested. I started playing, and still play even after my brother abandoned it to other things. Great game, though the Pawns can be annoying at times as they like to play Captain Obvious: *arrive at a shop* This looks like a place where you can buy the things you need." "Killing an ox can grant thee lots of meat!" "Mountains oft are topped with peaks".  My favorite part is the ability to climb onto large enemies like Shadow of Colossus. To anyone that enjoys Role-Playing Games I recommend this game to ya.

Oh, and not that it should matter, but the game is by Capcom and includes two games in one. I have heard others say Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is like a combination of Monster Hunter and Elder Scrolls, which as I have never played Monster Hunter, I can vouch for the Elder Scrolls comparison (to some degree).

All hail to the legendary Arisen, Commander of the Pawn Legion and head of the Wyrm [Dragon] Hunt.

Edited by Sir Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. This game has the wonkiest controls I have ever had the displeasure of getting used to (probably because I'm playing on my laptop and not using a mouse like I should). It's a constant battle with the controls as well as in-game lag, but the game itself is just great! Taking down a Dark Jedi is rewarding every time you come across one, especially as you progress. I now have dual sabers, and it was very rewarding to see me take down two Dark Jedi in the blink of an eye!

NEON STRUCT, which is a neat little cyberpunk stealth game with a nice aesthetic and a lot of influence from Deus Ex, at least when it comes to tone and setting. The gameplay is very basic, but it's enjoyable and the game is short enough that it doesn't get too repetitive. Some great level design though, and an engaging story about government surveillance, even if it doesn't go as in depth with it as I'd like.

Also been playing a whole ton of Nuclear Throne, which is absolutely fantastic. Like a much more fast-paced Binding of Isaac.

Edited by Emilie Autumn

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___

The Lego Nexo Knights mobile game. It's... decent. Probably one of the better Lego games I've played on mobile, even though the story is nothing to write home about and the gameplay is a little repetitive.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Splat-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta-ta SPLATOON!

I'm sorry.

t5pQDlO.jpg

:i:   :n:  :a:   :r:   :y:

Played through Shadowrun Returns, which I just loved. It's been a while since a game grabbed me as much as this.

I like to think of it as Deus Ex-COM, even if it's not entirely accurate. It's got a fantastic cyberpunk world with a very striking aesthetic and atmosphere, engaging story and writing, and really enjoyable XCOM style combat.

I'll definitely be playing Dragonfall next, as well as keeping an eye out for Hong Kong going on sale.

___

8Sxue4J.jpg

___

___