Video Game You Last Played?

I've never seen this topic before but was thinking there should be one!

Managed to fit in a ton of gaming lately and it's been mostly incredibly disappointing...

Far Cry 4 has been my Autumn highlight this year but the protagonist is ridiculous and the game essentially has 3 antagonists all of whom deserve to die by the end of it. The story goes nowhere and it's just FC3 in mountains sadly...

Forgot to mention Shadow of Mordor. I LOVED this game. It was everything good about LotR Lore combined with everything good about Assassin's Creed gameplay. The new nemesis system (where enemies who defeat you become more powerful thanks to an intricate Orcish hierarchy) is a fantastic addition to gaming and I'd love to see more titles use it in the future.

Was really looking forward to Assassin's Creed Unity after Black Flag was one of the strongest entries to date but they proper screwed it up. A month after receiving my pre-order it STILL doesn't play properly after 4 huge patches on a pc built specifically for gaming. Absolutely disgusted that Ubisoft are STILL planning to go ahead and release another game next year when they've been doing such a bad job with their release days lately (Watch_dogs anyone?!)

Also played Planetary Annihilation this week and was hugely disappointed. After Supreme Commander (another spiritual successor to the masterpiece that was Total Annihilation) was basically a game all about swarm tactics where you could only ever control your army by zooming so far out into orbit your units became small icons on a boring sheet of graph-paper; Planetary Annihilation has done EXACTLY the same thing and it's once again all about spamming tanks and aircraft then throwing them endlessly at your enemy until they're dead... Sure, flying moons and building lasers into planetoids all sounds like great fun but by the time you get half way ready to resort to such tactics either you're dead or the guy you're fighting is!

Also played Road Redemption. It's another spiritual successor to Road Rash (which you'll remember if you're a child of the 80's!) I had GREAT fun playing a few super-violent races in this game but no sooner had I shared the game's page on facebook I went back to discover how terrible it was... The levels are all random and at least 70% of the missions you get are essentially unwinnable... Plus when you die you have to start all over again, hoping that you were lucky enough to earn enough experience for a persistent post-mortem upgrade along the way... Some of the terrible missions include 'carnados' which not only drop exploding cars in front of you but they then move across the road in front of you once they've landed... Also, practically EVERY single mission involves dozens of aggressive car drivers which make pretty much everything impossible. It doesn't take a genius to know who will come off worse when a car and motorcycle make contact after all...

The last game I tried this week was Kerbal Space Program which is amazing! You start with some very simple components and a mission to launch space-craft with different goals each time. I'm yet to maintain a steady orbit (outside of the tutorial) but I'll get there eventually! And I don't feel too bad about not succeeding immediately in this game as it's fun either way. And after all, it IS like it's rocket science!

Edited by Munty

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Still Final Fantasy XIV.

I'm ending up splitting my time between the seasonal quests, storyline quests, and grinding so my level is high enough to do storyline quests. Also, just unlocked my Chocobo for use in combat, so I feel like an actual party with just me, my Ifrit summon, and my Chocobo.

Fire Emblem Awakening.

Fun game.

Far Cry 4 has been my Autumn highlight this year but the protagonist is ridiculous and the game essentially has 3 antagonists all of whom deserve to die by the end of it. The story goes nowhere and it's just FC3 in mountains sadly...

Best ending to the game is just waiting fifteen minutes while Pagan takes a phone call.

hElbrZ6.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Best ending to the game is just waiting fifteen minutes while Pagan takes a phone call.

Ah boo! Spoilers :P I actually watched the video of the alt ending after I completed the game. Were it a real life situation and had I been Ajay I would've waited for him to come back, hoped he didn't want to murder me for some reason and been rewarded with a peaceful conclusion to my trip and a psychotic friend with an army at his beck and call! Totally better than helping the guy who wants to marry a little girl or the woman who wants to be a drug dealer... I killed all three of them in the end, and I still don't get to run Kyrat...

Terrible story.

I loaded up Aliens: Colonial Marine last night after pre-ordering the unfinished piece of muck in 2013. I was hoping it had been patched to be playable but amazingly it's worse than it was and I can't figure out why. Everything has a double vision thing going on, almost as if it's meant to be viewed in 3D... Google didn't turn anything up so I've officially shelved it now. The piece of cack never got a single good review anyway so I don't think I'm missing out...

Got the Commandos series off GOG.com recently and have been replaying those (as I owned them all when they were originally released!) Finding them to be just as good as they were when I played as a kid, well worth the couple of quid I paid for them!

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I have barely been playing recently, as I have been working on a mod (extend 'Europa Universalis IV's end-date from January 2, 1821 ---- to July 27, 1914, the day before WWI starts), but both games are in my signature. :P To be more precise, the last game I played was 'Crusader Kings II'. I am only here right now because the game crashed. Usually I play as the Byzantine Roman Empire or one of their Themes (duchies), but I wanted a break from Greece so I am playing as Tuscany circa 1066 AD.

I plan to unite northern Italian peninsula as the Kingdom of italy, or Italia, first under the protection of my current overlord, The Holy Roman Empire (AKA Medieval Germany, Czech, Austria and north Italy), then after I take all the land I need, i will try to ally with either France and/or Poland and declare independence from the HRE (In CKII, the HRE is a force of nature not to trifled with and I cannot wait for the fun/frustration to be had while i pursuit independence). If I am successful then I will take southern Italy and Sicily from the Romans and Normans and finally take Rome from the Pope. If the game hasn't ended by then, then I guess I will just have to try and keep my holdings from the HRE Kaiser.

I have another 'Crusader Kings II' campaign as the historically brief Roman Commune, a second Roman Republic that was created when the people of the city of Rome overthrew the Pope and exiled him, creating a secular democracy. Historically, though, the Pope got the HRE to back him and the Comune was obliterated from the face of the Earth. Talking about this makes me want to continue my effort for freedom and play this again; hopefully I can do better then my real-life counterparts. :lol:

On 'EUIV', I am playing as the Hanseatic League, and have turned this small band of free cities into a colonial superpower on the verge of forming the German Empire, currently in the 1780's. If i want to complete my goal, however, it will require two giant wars that could very well destroy my country, so I have been putting that off out of fear (disgraceful, I know; i just don't want to lose all of those months of hard work and headaches).

During the waning days of the previous month, I played and finished 'Batman: Arkham Origins' (I still have to finish all the extra stuff though). I never played 'Arkham City', and playing this prequel makes me want to do just that.

Edited by Iaredios

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Recently, I have been getting back into Elder Scrolls by playing Skyrim. I miss the ability to make potions and poisons wherever I want to, the needed repair of things, and the story quality that TES IV: Oblivion had; but I do like the viking atmosphere, tundra landscape (even though an HD Cyrodil would probably look better), the dual wielding and the crafting, not to mention the final departure of Tamriellic Potato-Faces. Skyrim just feels, I don't know, a tad more shallow and easy then Oblivion.

Just so y'all know, I began playing TES II: Morrowind, but the game hasn't exactly aged well and it drove me away. I am looking into mods to make it feel better, so don't hurt me as of yet.

line.gif

new_roman_banner1.png

A RUDE AWAKENING - A Spherus Magna redo | Tzais-Kuluu  |  Pushing Back The Tide  |  Last Words  |  Black Coronation  | Blue Man Bound | Visions of Thasos   ن

We are all but grey specks in a dark complex before a single white light

Final Fantasy XIV

Just did a ton of boss-battling, mainly grinding to get some high-lv equipment before the servers went down for the day for the next major update. Once everything is back up tomorrow, I'm planning on leveling up my Healer so I'll finally be able to Tank, DPS, and Heal in dungeons, currently I can DPS everything and tank anything below lv16.

Currently playing Fire Emblem: Awakening at long last. It's my first game in the series; several people recommended that I play on casual, but since the series started out with permadeath, I decided classic mode was how I should play. It's been a fantastic experience so far and I imagine I'll be playing it for quite awhile.

• 3 weeks later...

Catherine

Yesterday's Persona 5 trailer reminded me that I need to finish Catherine, so I popped it in and tried arcade mode for a while (and used guides on YouTube, since some of the challenge levels are pretty tough), then I cleared some story levels (which were incredibly easy compared to the arcade levels), so now I'm about halfway through the main story. At least I'm good enough at it now where I'm not ragequitting every five minutes.

Dwarf Fortress.

A giant olm killed my fisherdwarf, but my captain of the guard beat her into a bloody pulp with a silver war hammer. I then ordered my leatherworkers to make a bag out of her skin. A farm was finally built, but my dwarves still can't have booze until the crops grow or the next caravan comes. Poor lads, they've been sober for more than a year now, productivity is at minimum.

still alive somehow

BZPRPG profiles

Dark Souls.

Blighttown is a huge pain. Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the bottomless pits, and enemies that knock you back even if your poise is high. Or if the framerate didn't lag horribly because of how many polygons are on screen.

The framerate problems were what annoyed me the most, and if those were absent, I probably wouldn't mind Blighttown too much. I also hate the placement of the first bonfire.

My epic: For Them (Review Topic)

BZPRPG: Trauer and Faora

Bionifight Ultimate: Daedalus Drachoren and Von Worten Undtränen

The Elder Scrolls: Ashfall: K'Larn

Dark Souls.

Blighttown is a huge pain. Wouldn't be so bad if it weren't for the bottomless pits, and enemies that knock you back even if your poise is high. Or if the framerate didn't lag horribly because of how many polygons are on screen.

The framerate problems were what annoyed me the most, and if those were absent, I probably wouldn't mind Blighttown too much. I also hate the placement of the first bonfire.

Yeah, the framerate makes it borderline unplayable. I've honestly gotten really nauseous a few times from it.

hElbrZ6.gif

Played a little Destiny, Dying Light etc but felt a little empty. I mean, I enjoy the games but something is missing... So I plugged in my Vita to find Ratchet & Clank HD collection. I didn't bring my PS3 with me to University so I said "why not, I'll gladly buy these games over and over again." I'm replaying the Ratchet & Clank HD trilogy, this time on Vita. So it's like my 10th time playing each game haha. I forgot how much I love the Ratchet & Clank franchise - it has to be my favourite video game franchise ever. So stoked for the PS4 game and movie.

I decided that, instead of focusing solely on new games, I'll go back and revisit the games I really want to play again, like God of War, Uncharted, Metal Gear etc. 

-NotS

tahubanner.jpg

Huh... Well I did just play my Pokémon Omega Ruby to get the Special Water starter from the internet... I now have all 3 of the special released Final form of the starters. However I did just get off my Skylanders Trap Team game... I have a bunch of the skylanders and was seeing what Seasonal versions were in game already for the new sets. So far it looked like we got Christmas lobstar, an easter baby eruptor and I think that was it....

"A stranger will always be a stranger unless you give them a chance."

:m_p: :r: :m_o: :w: :l:    :n: :i: :g: :h: :t: :w: :m_o: :l: :f:

|premierball.png| <- My Pokémon | BZPRPG Characters: Po-Matoran Doseki & Nui-Jaga Scorpio; Ga-Matoran Orca 
Matoran und Panzer: Doseki & Glitch | Marvel RP PC | Mata Nui Monopoly: Come... Own a piece of the legend!

Onua.png

Still playing Dark Souls.

Made my way out of Blighttown, slashed through the Catacombs to grind up enough souls and materials to upgrade my Divine Halberd, and now I'm just trying to get through Sen's Fortress.

Sen's Fun House, where the fun never ends!

hElbrZ6.gif

Besides the Halo Master Chief Collection, its gotta be Oblivion. Picked up the copy with all the dlc and am going to save the nine realms again!

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Dark Souls.

Finally got back to this after almost a week. I'm pretty close to end game, so I'm mostly running around and taking care of the bonus dungeons before getting the DLC and finishing up the main game. Just took care of Crossbreed Priscilla and Dark Sun Gwendolin. Priscilla was really easy once I remembered to equip my Chaos Storm pyromancy and basically just took her out in a matter of hits.

Gwendolin was a nightmare, though. Wasn't a hard fight, but it was just very, very tedious since I'm running a tank-melee build.

EDIT: Beat the game, including the DLC. Great game- worth a play, if you haven't. I have to say, the game's difficulty is for the most part overstated. While a very challenging game, it's mostly because it doesn't hold the player's hand like most games nowadays do- it treats the player with respect.

Edited by Roland Deschain

hElbrZ6.gif

Final Fantasy XIV, in which I took part in the massive randomly-spawning battle against Odin. It lasted a good 10 minutes, even with half the server there, but Odin has to be one of my favorite battles in the entire game.

And when I wasn't killing Odin, I was hanging out in the Golden Saucer, playing Triple Triad. Loved TT in FF8, really glad that it's finally made it's return.