I am glad to see that this forum's activity is holding steady. I am concerned about the activity of the non-RPG population, though. Maybe Velox has some thoughts on that matter. : P
Uhhhh. Maybe. =P I could always whip up a few contests now that it's summer. Hmm, actually, how many people would be interested in one or more of the following?
- Flash Fiction Marathon, like last year. OTC and Bionicle again? Just OTC?
- Library Olympics?
- Some sort of over-arching contest? For example, there's one single theme, and people can enter anything in this forum: stories, comics, artwork, RPGs...etc. That's the best I can think of that would include pretty much everything, I think.
- Team competitions? Probably writing
- Artwork to Fiction or Fiction to Artwork? Like you choose a picture and write a story/poem after it, or vice versa.
- Some sort of collaboration where an artist, a writer, and an RPer are put together and come up with something? Yeah, no idea if/how that'd work. =P
- There doesn't seem to be as many artists here, but there could be a flash fiction marathon sort of thing but for artists?
Those are just a few super quick ideas from the top of my head. I'll see what else I can think up.
Compared to other forums, very active. It tapered off a bit, but it seems to be picking up once more.
Yeah, this definitely seems to be the case. I'd guess it's because of summer--at least for me, personally, I'm able to start being more active now. Once the school year comes there's always the (at least) slight decrease in activity, but since things keep picking up it's good to see that people come back at least. =P Wish there was a better way to ensure activity year-round...
My two cents on the post-count: I definitely would put OTC closer to the RPG forum than to COT. It's not really anything like COT, I think, as it's all creative forums/RPGs (which, in the Bionicle forums, all have post count--except maybe Comics? And shops&kits but there's none of those here =P). Not sure that means it should get post count, though--I definitely see issues either way, so I wouldn't really be opposed one way or another. I'd definitely be concerned about RPGs, though. Unless they got their own forum and just the creative stuff got post count, then that might help the non-RPG things become more active, who knows.
Anyway, all I got for now. As others have expressed, the forum seems to be doing fairly well. Unfortunately the most activity seems to be just RPGs and the FFFCs, but still, those provide a good amount of activity at least.
Edited by Velox, Jun 14 2013 - 04:31 PM.