Multiversal Collision

Krayzikk

(IC: Sandra / Border of Terra and Erde)

"It's not really a road. If it were, I would have just followed it here. There's a bunch of trails like these, especially nearer to Erde. That's why I kept coming this way; they were becoming less and less common. If I'm correct, this is the equivalent of a deer trail for... well, let's just say they eat entire trees for their meals."

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

(IC: Sandra / Border of Terra and Earth)

"Eh, they're not that hard to find around these parts. Looks like one might have even started making its way to Terra, going by the direction of the trail."

She looked at Abraham and asked, "You seen a giant, twelve legged, slug looking thing anywhere around your parts? They're quite hard to miss, except when they fall asleep and turn invisible. Then... they're a bit easier to miss. Should have been quite recent. I imagine it went over to digest its last meal in a flatter area."

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

(IC: Sandra / Border of Terra and Earth)

"That depends entirely on how much foliage you have." she replied. Realizing, then, that she was actually speaking to a Terra native, her voice took a more excited tone as she asked, "Is it true that you have entire cities in Terra that can fly?"

IC:"There were a few like that, back home. Expensive to make, but they were quite efficient once they got running. We didn't take any of the ones meant to fly with us when the universes melded, but I think some of the ones we still have are capable of it."

The Lieutenant sighed as the beeping started in his ear. Idly, he pressed the preset response on his forearm; Two clicks. Busy.

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

Breaking Point: An OTC Mecha RPG

(IC: Sandra / Border of Terra and EarthErde)

"Wow." she said. "A city in the sky... I've heard stories about floating castles and sky towers and stuff in Erde, but I've never seen one myself. That must take some really powerful magic, to keep something so large aloft."

IC:"Terra doesn't make use of magic, actually." Abraham said, shifting position slightly. A Valkyrie wasn't the most comfortable thing to spend long periods of time standing still in, particularly not after an already long patrol. "We use technology. Kind of hard to explain the difference, which is why many people say that sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.""But long story short, two completely different methods of doing things."

fK5oqYf.jpg

On this eve, the thirtieth anniversary of that first colony, many are left to wonder; is the world fast approaching a breaking point?

"So I've heard... but I always thought technology was doing things like... forging weapons. That kind of stuff. I wonder why we never used that in Erde... maybe we could have flying cities. That would be cool. Bit hard to get up to and explore, though."

IC:"I would guess the reason you didn't make use of technology would be the same reason we didn't make use of technology. Technology isn't always that great, though; people are always using it to find new and inventive ways of killing each other. And with a civil war, that doesn't work out well for anyone."Pausing in that train of thought, his expression brightened considerably. "It does have its benefits, though. Increased medical capacity, more efficient power supplies. That sort of thing."

fK5oqYf.jpg

IC: Erde/Terra Border

The world shook. The environment all around them twisted and turned as something popped into existence five hundred metres downstream. For those hanging around the border, it felt as if their existences were ending. But as soon as it had begun, it had stopped. Where that had once been simple forest, there were now rolling plains that stretched out for kilometres.

On the side of the plains, next to the river, Zhao Jian looked up.

Interesting.

Edited by Content with Life

IC: Rikor (Border)

The walking skeleton, feeling unsteady after whatever had just happened, put out a hand to catch himself on Relampago.

Sadly, the horse had reared up in fear and so Rikor nearly fell flat on his face.

"Down, Relampago!"

Struggling with the horse, he finally managed to calm the horse down, but not after the stallion nearly headbutted him. Instead the horse's mouth caught on Rikor's hood, pulling it up just enough to show the sun-bleached bone.

Quickly pulling it down again, the skeleton crossed his fingers in hopes that none of the others had seen. He did not want to make a scene.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

"That's quite apparent." Sandra thought to herself as the universe came back together, hearing what Arsalan said. She looked over to Abraham and asked, "Does it have any better answers to what just happened than we do?"

IC: Zhao Jian

The man started running. He stuck to the course of the river, concentrating on making it to the group that he had seen when everything began shaking. With his enhanced speed, it didn't take a long, and the martial artist slowed down in front of them. They were rather different, it seemed, to his own people, but they were still recognised as human.

Would need a bit more time in the sun though. Some were a bit pale.

He opened his mouth up to speak.

“您好”

Oh dear, it looked like they didn't speak his language.

IC:"Not really," Abraham said to Sandra, eyeing the man by the horse warily. He could have sworn he'd just seen a glimpse of bone... Perhaps he was imagining it, but one could never be too sure. "Our scientists are working to understand how we came here, and why, but to no avail. The collisions just keep on occurring, adding more and more worlds to this melting pot-"He paused, as a new person arrived, likely from the newest world, by the look of him. "... You don't speak our language, do you?"

fK5oqYf.jpg

Sandra gave a slight wave to the newcomer. Or, at least, it was slight compared to what residents of certain other worlds might have given. When a gesture as simple as waving your hand can be potentially lethal to a person, you don't want to wave your arm about. So just a simple gesture was far more tame - and never show the palm, or point fingers. People tend to cast magic from their palms and fingers, for some reason.

Honestly, you can just use the back of your hand if you really care that much. Most people don't expect to get backhanded; a back-fireball, well, no one expects a magic back-fireball! Not that Sandra could pull that off, mind you.

Figuring that the newcomer couldn't understand them either, she didn't feel like it would be a problem asking the question to the others assembled at the Duedoslug's path, she asked the question, "I hope he realizes that Web Wasps like nesting in peoples hair, whoever he is."

OOC: I wish you could download text fonts directly to your user account so you can use them in your posts.

Also, Duedoslug. I've decided that's a good word for a massive, twelve legged slug with invisibility powers.

IC: Zhao Jian

The martial artists frowned. It would be difficult communicating with these people then. None of the languages they spoke were familiar; there were no real similarities to the many dialects of his homeland either. He may not have been a linguistic genius, but he definitely knew that the others should not be here.

Or was it the other way around? Was he not supposed to be in their land?

“我也听不懂你们。” (I too do not understand you.)

The woman was giving a wave. He knew that gesture; it was a nearly universal greeting.

At least they could communicate somewhat.

He returned the wave.

Herm. Yet another strange person has joined their gathering, one who doesn't seem to share the language that all the rest do.

Not to mention that the Terran was looking at him funnily... Curse the universe. It just had to smash yet another world into this patchwork, right here, and spook Relampago.

A leather-covered hand slipped into the shadows of his hood, rubbing his chin thoughtfully. It was a habit he had picked up back when he had flesh and a beard, but now there was nothing but his jaw.

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

OOC: Okay, I'm just going to jump in and start with a bit of my character's routine. Hopefully he's well-received (I wrote a few unintentionally unsympathetic characters back in Dino Attack RPG, but then again in the same RPG I developed something of a reputation for writing likeable medical characters, having written at least five likeable doctors)

IC: "Scalpel," Dr. Robert Millstone said. A nurse immediately handed him the sharp object. Dr. Millstone then proceeded to carefully cut an incision in his patient. "Massive internal bleeding," he said. "I'm going to need some assistance here. Someone give me a clamp."

One of the nurses immediately complied. "Thank you Emily," Dr. Millstone said before he proceeded.

OOC: I figured there wasn't much interesting going on in the Dominion of Britain right now.

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: It was the wet season in Angnalat, and the air was crisp with the buzz of one rainfall and the gathering of another. The mountainside monasteries were shrouded in deeper mists than normal as moisture clung to the air in dense fog banks. The largest of these was Cangrel Dask, and inside was a different fog. The fog of anger.

Three parties present there were. The native Shemshi, obviously, along with a small delegation from their allies in the Dominion of Britain. The third were from the technological metropolis that was Terra.

"It would be a simple experiment!" the Terran protested.

The highest noble of the Shemshi gathering, draped in robes and sat on an ornate throne, chittered and tweeted in reply, words of the Shemshi language spitting out through mandibles and maxillae. It was a tricky language to understand, as body language and inflections were subtle when all you had to work with was chitin. But scholars from the Dominion had managed to puzzle most of it out, and were acting as translators between the Terrans and Shemshi in this instance.

"Err, he says thats how it started last time," the interpreter said, "And that it went badly."

"Because they didn't know what they were doing then. We do. We can take safety measure, even recompense them for anything we take!"

The Shemshi, once he'd had this translated, issued another set of proclamations.

"Its another no, I'm afraid old chap," said the interpreter, "Also some bally nonsense about your ancestors interbreeding with a small herd animal used for its milk. Though I may have that slightly wrong."

The Terran threw up his hands and started to walk away. If insults were all they were going to get from the insects, then the talks were over. For now at least. They could be opened again at another time. When tempers were less freyed

7AOYGDJ.jpg

OOC: If anyone wants to interact with my character, feel free to do so.

IC: Dr. Millstone carefully removed his smock as he stepped outside of the surgery room while the nurses were busy cleaning and putting away the equipment for surgery. He watched with some sorrow as two orderlies carried the man he had operated on out of the room.

Edited by Atton Rand

As Zhao began approaching and returned the wave, Sandra began moving forwards to meet the strange newcomer. Sure, she originally planned to see Terra, but it appeared that this point was now the intersection of another world. Another world where, apparently, languages were a bit harder to understand.

(IC: John Davidson / Dominion of Britan / Hospital)

From down the hallway near where Dr. Millstone stood, a bald man wearing a duster which almost completely covered the black attire he wore underneath came walking past, coughing heavily as he moved through the hospital and apparently disturbing a few of the other patients.

(IC: John Davidson / Dominion of Britain / Hospital)

"Hmm?" he replied, looking over to Dr. Millstone. "Oh, no, sorry. It's just that all of this *ahem* smoke is messing with my lungs. It's very *ahem* discomforting, I'm afraid. Though... you look like a *ahem* doctor. You might be able to help me with something else."

"Well, I've been spending a lot of time in the area known as Earth recently, in one of the *ahem* coastal cities. There was supposed to be a shipment of of goods being purchased from this hospital, but they haven't been received. The local doctors are *ahem* getting sick from some sort of disease from one of the other worlds, and supposedly we were going to get the medicine we needed. *ahem* It hasn't come yet, and I figured you might know the reason for the delay?"

"Well that's rather unfortunate..." he thought. "Frankly, I just don't know what to do. I've tried making contact with my former allies back in *ahem* Terra, but it's just a lot harder getting these people to accept their technology. They're more accepting of what's familiar. Like the stuff that the produce around here."

A few more coughs.

OOC: Jump-start Attempt GO! :P

Aha! There it was, some semblance of an idea. Moving quickly, the skeleton takes another apple from his bag, stopping to think for a moment or two.

"Let's hope this works.." he mumbles to himself.

IC: Sierra (Mech-Fairy Shop)

A little blue ball of light sits upon the neon sign of the Mech-Fairy shop, sighing a bit as she watches the crowds go by, none seeming interested in getting a nice, new, helpful little mech-fae.

Or, at the least, not one like her.

Sighing again, she mentally profiles the people going by in the rain, soon forgetting each one due to not needing to remember them.

'Yellow jacket, pink umbrella, female. Looks disconcerted. Job trouble, perhaps?'

'Black, black, and more black. Male. Relaxed. Likely just got off of work.'

'Eeeeugh. Lime green. Male. Seems crazy..'

And on she went, bored as a AI mech-fairy could be.

OOC: Sierra is open for interaction!

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

sorry+really+truly+very+apology.jpg

OOC: All of my sorries for not posting sooner. :|

As the closest person there with Zhao approaching, Sandra met and extended her hand to shake it. As it would turn out, people of this culture did do such things.

(IC: John Davidson / Hospital)

"No, no, I'm sure... sorry, just getting lost in thought." he looked to the doctor and said. "It's a bit hard to explain. Keeping them hydrated is working for now, but that leads to the biggest problem - they're basically losing water at a rapid rate, through all manners. Vomiting, or otherwise. Similar to dysentery, from what I've read of their medicine, but far worse. And much harder to cure. We were told that something here might work for this more bizarre strand?"

IC: "I see," replied Dr. Millstone. "Perhaps it would be a good idea if I were to examine this disease for myself. If you wish I could see if someone would be willing to fill in for me over the next few days while I accompany you to the village. You mind if I ask just what exactly you suspect will work?"

Edited by Atton Rand

IC: William

"Oh, bugger."

Something was definitely amiss. Not in the sense that several infinitely different worlds had suddenly been melded together into some sort of patchwork reality, but in the sense that a moment ago, that decorative spire had seemed much farther away than it was now--some sort of dimensional shift, perhaps? William winced and tried to yank the control stick back to avoid a collision, but to no avail. The Spitfire's wing connected with the metal prong and was torn asunder in less time than he could blink, and not soon after, he found the plane tilting as gravity gently nudged it into a downward spiral. He tugged desperately on another lever, and by the time the plane's glass cockpit fell away, he was completely upside-down, and then he was tumbling through the air, frantically fumbling for the cord that led back into his trusty parachute. Finally, his hand wrapped around the plastic rod, and he shoved it forward with all his might and, sure enough, the parachute billowed out and caught him.
Of course, just as he thought he was safe (nevermind that the locals would be angry at him for crashing an airplane into that park down there), he found the wind carrying him forward on a direct course for the side of a building. As the brick facade drew ever closer, he figured the inevitable was upon him and curled himself into a tight ball.
All at once, he was thrown threw a window, shattering it instantly and tumbling onto what looked like the porcelain floor of a hospital as his parachute snagged on something behind him. He did his best to sit up without making the stinging pain of the glass shards in his back any worse and smiled weakly at John and Doctor Millstone.
"Evening, gents."
IC: Tara
As Sandra and Zhao shook hands, something large, orange, and feathery swooped in overhead. It stretched out its talons and flapped its wings a few times, coming to a graceful halt in the middle of the gathered travelers, its feathers glinting in the sunlight. Then, as suddenly as it had arrived, the fiery bird burned away, leaving a red-haired girl and a small circle of ashes in its place.
Tara of the Charred Mountains grinned and waved at whoever happened to be paying attention.
"Hello," she greeted in a happy, sing-song voice.
Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: Before Davidson could respond, Millstone's attention was drawn by a noise from outside. "You hear that?" He asked. The two of them approached the window and noticed the wreckage of an airplane. "LOOK OUT!" He shouted as he pushed Davidson aside. Millstone had to duck to avoid the sudden shattering of glass. As things quieted down, he slowly got to his feet, slightly dazed by the sudden sequence of events.

"Evening Gents," said the man, tangled in a parachute that was snagged on a building outside.

Dr. Millstone paused, uncertain of what to say, before finally stating "Um... Good Evening. You look like you've been badly hurt. Are you alright, Mr...?"