Multiversal Collision

Krayzikk

(IC: John Davidson / Hospital)

John, surprisingly, had remained rather still as Millstone pushed him out of the way; more out of surprise of being pushed away than the airplane. That should have further keyed in Millstone to the body armor he wore underneath. He seemed a tad less surprised about the new arrival. As Millstone asked him to help with bringing the newcomer to the operating room, he said, "Yeah, I can help. And if you are willing, then it would be nice for you to come with me back to Earth to identify this... plague."

He went over to William and reached down to pick him up. With the body enhancing strength boost, he would be more than capable of single handedly bringing Adams over to the operating room for Millstone, unless the proposed patient wasn't looking for any help.

(IC: Sandra / Border of Terra and Erde + Other World)

Sandra looked to the newcomer, than to Zhao, then back, as she dropped the handshake. She waved a Tara as well, and said, "Hello to you too! Do you know what he's saying?"

-Toa Levacius Zehvor :flagusa:

Edited by Toa Levacius Zehvor

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Evelyn Beatrice Hall (often attributed to Voltaire)

IC: Millstone was noticeably surprised by the strength Davidson presented as they picked up William. Fortunately for them the operating room was just down the hall, making the trip much easier once they had unstrapped the man's parachute.*

It was at that moment another, slightly younger man with sideburns entered the hall. "What's going on here?" He asked. "I heard a noise."

"This man fell through the window," Millstone replied. "I might need some help."

The man nodded and ran out of the hallway. The limp body of William was carefully brought into the large room and placed upon the metal slab that served as an operating table.

"Now as soon as we take care of this man I'll go with you to Earth," Millstone said, recalling what Davidson had said before.

OOC: *If you'll recall, Davidson approached Millstone just after the latter had been performing surgery.

IC: William William groaned and muttered something incomprehensible as the two men carried him off. He let out a displeased grunt once they set him on the operating table and muttered something about his back, but finally, he succumbed to his injuries and fell unconscious. IC: Tara Tara tilted her head and squinted at Zhao. "Well, um...I could try...something."She performed a series of odd gestures with her left hand, all the while uttering something that sounded like "Bah-wheep graaaagnah, wheep nini bon."She extended her hand palm-first towards Zhao on the last syllable and smiled amiably with hopes that he would understanded.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: "Alright," Dr. Millstone muttered as he hastily put on his smock. He carefully began to unbutton William's shirt to get a better look at his injuries.

"Is everything alright?" A female voice asked from outside. "Dr. Landridge said there was an emergency."

"Yes, there is," Dr. Millstone replied. "I've got a man embedded with glass, and possible internal bleeding. I might need your help on this one."

The woman entered and nervously looked at Davidson. "Who's your friend?"

"Oh, this is Mr. Davidson. Mr. Davidson, this is my wife, Emily. Now, most of the embedded shards are fairly small. Taking them out should be easy enough, but first we'll need to contain the bleeding. There is also the possibility of damage to the bones as well."

OOC: I tried to elaborate a bit more on the injuries, but it was hard to do without sounding like I was auto-hitting.

OOC: I love how there's these two separate plot threads going on that seem to be polar opposites. One the one hand we have a group of strange fantasy characters in what appears to be a fantasy world, and on the other hand we have a group of down-to-Earth, more old-fashioned characters in an industrial environment. It's hard to believe this is the same continuity.

IC: "I think we've stabilized him," Emily said as she put down a set of clamps. "I've stopped the bleeding."

"Good," replied Dr. Millstone. "Before I forget, I should ask if Dr. Landridge can take over for me over the next few days."

"Why?" Emily asked. "What's going on?"

"Well, Mr. Davidson here has asked me to accompany him to a village to investigate a disease," Dr. Millstone explained. "That reminds me, we'll have to take care of transportation. Mr. Davidson I assume you have a means of travel? You must have arrived here somehow."

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: I'm completely fine with your description if Will's injuries. As a matter of fact, why don't we time-skip to after the operation for convenience? IC: Tara Tara stood there smiling with her hand outstretched for almost a full minute, but her arm grew tired after some time, so she let it fall to her side."Huh," she said, smirking. "Nobody's ever refused the Universal Greeting before."

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

OOC: Okay, that's good.

IC: Dr. Millstone slowly helped his patient to sit up. "You'll be okay," he said. "We took care of the bleeding, which was the worst of it, and then getting the glass out was fairly easy. I would, however, advise you to rest for a while before you try any dangerous flying."

IC: Rikor (Border)

Even though that women wasn't of this world, the walking skeleton could at least tell that she was a entity not to be taken lightly. So, choosing his words carefully, he steps forward, speaking.

"Madam, perhaps this man was simply a wee bit shocked at seeing a flaming bird transform into a woman and speak, or maybe-this seems more likely to me-his world was more separate than ours, causing not only a language barrier but perhaps gestures and body language as well."

Stepping towards Zhao now, he shows the apple while speaking again.

"But, perhaps, with a connection of words that mean the same thing, we can overcome this."

His head has been turned towards Tara for most of his speech, but now Zhao and the rest can see the cloth covering it moving as he turns it towards Zhao.

Rikor extends his arm, palm outstretched, and displays the apple, letting Zhao take it if he wishes. Rikor speaks but one word.

"Apple."

Zakaro

AGoNWLR.jpg

They call me Zakaro. You should too.

IC: Turning away from his patient, Dr. Millstone looked toward Davidson. "Now I believe we agreed to go to this village of yours," he said. "I trust you have a means of transportation. You must have gotten here somehow, after all."

OOC: William can get involved if he wants. He is after all a pilot, so maybe there's a way he can fly despite his injuries, or at least he can instruct a more able-bodied person on how to use the plane.

"I arrived via a trade vessel carrying goods. There should still be a few at the docks heading back to Earth... mostly with tourists." His cough appeared to be getting a lot better as he adjusted to the air. "I have a passport we can use."

(IC: Sandra / Border Forest)

The word spoken by the fellow inhabitant of Erde seemed to leave Sandra with a strange desire to jump, as she looked about. This place was just getting weirder and weirder. She looked to Tara and said, "You're doing it a little wrong. You have to bend your arm a bit differently and look more ready to shake things. That's what these strange people do. Though... you don't seem like the type to have come from Erde. Something seems different. Where do you hail from?"

OOC: I doubt I will make another post for a while. Family medical issues have arisen and I'm using up a few minutes of what little nap time we have before repeating a two hour drive for the third time today.

"I disapprove of what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

OOC: That is indeed unfortunate. I guess All I can say is that whatever it is I hope things turn out okay. In the meantime I'll just too my best to get by on my own and minimize any control over Davidson should it be necessary for me to do so.

IC: "That's good," replied Dr. Millstone. "We can probably take some medical supplies with us then. I can put together some basic medicine and tools and meet you at the harbor. Earth should have a few hospitals so I don't think I'll need to bring much."

OOC: If you want, William can come, I'm just going to give him the opportunity to volunteer before I do anything.

Edited by Atton Rand

OOC: Understandable. Hope everything turns out okay for you and your family. :)

IC: William

William swung his legs over the edge of the table and tentatively rubbed his back. He could feel the stitches, and he could tell a few of his ribs weren't quite as intact as they had been the day before.

"Well," he intoned, "I'm a pilot. I could likely get you there faster--er, if I had a plane, that is."

IC: Tara

"Omniax," Tara replied. "it's a nice place, but everyone's kind of panicky right now. I figured I'd get away before things got too crazy.

Edited by The Zytrix

67tlbk.png

IC: "I don't know where we could get you a plane," replied Dr. Millstone. He was somewhat unsure about the man's proposal, though he recalled that he would have otherwise left the man behind before he could recover, albeit in the care of trusted colleagues. As a pilot he could be useful to them later, and Millstone could keep an eye on his injuries in the meantime.

"I can offer you a choice," he said. "You can stay here if you like, we've got a number of good men and women who will look after you, or you can come with us to the harbor. We'll be taking a boat to Earth and visiting a small village, and a pilot could be useful for running supplies, once you've recovered of course."

OOC: It seems kinda funny that I'm doing this, considering there was an infamous incident back in Dino Attack RPG when my character of Dr. Pierce tried to act professional by refusing to let a semi-recovered patient into a dangerous situation, the trouble being that said patient was the character of another player who wanted to use her despite her injuries. Granted, the patient in question here is simply going on a boat with a doctor who can keep an eye on his wounds, rather than going out to fight mutant dinosaurs as was the case there, but still...

Anyway, enough with my rambling.

IC: "Very well," Dr. Millstone said as he reached out to help Will to his feet. "I guess you'd better come this way then. Mr. Davidson would you please show him to the door. I'll be out as soon as I can, I'll just need to pick up some equipment." Emily watched as Dr. Millstone turned toward the door. Davidson followed.

Emily could only watch as the three men left. It was at that moment that the man with sideburns came into the operating room. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, Dr. Landridge," Emily said, a few tears visible in her eyes. "Dr. Millstone had to go. He asked if you could take over for a few days while he visits some village."

He had with him a small bag containing some basic medical tools, a stethoscope, some first aid equipment, and basic surgery equipment should it be necessary. He had only taken the bare essentials, knowing that the hospital may still be in need. Still, he was ready for an emergency, though such a case was unlikely.

They had arrived at the shipping harbor, a relatively busy environment, with plenty of ships and lots of people, some stepping on board, others getting off. Most, if not all the boats, were old-fashioned steamboats, with large smokestacks. It was quite a sight.

OOC: It appears that any concerns I had about a bout of activity happening while missing I was unfounded, as was the idea of being gone for nearly as long as the doctors would have made it seem. I have no complaints, of course.

"There's one we can use." Davidson said, pointing to the horizon at a small steam boat that was definitely of Earth origins; a few Domain advancements were quite obvious, however. "People who came up with it were fond of this Shakespeare fellow, and named a small series of vessels after his characters. Named the Capulet, and a fairly worthy vessel."

OOC: Considering the 1940's-influenced style of Earth and the semi-Victorian style of the Domain of Britain, I'm assuming these steamboats are going to be fairly old-fashioned, probably resembling the sort of ships used around the turn of the century.

Also, interesting choice in name for the ship.

"Very well then," replied Dr. Millstone, as he followed Davidson toward the Capulet. It was fairly small in comparison to some of the other ships but it seemed to be relatively cheap and would serve their purpose of getting to Earth.

There was a nearby booth which they approached near the end of the harbor. "Three tickets for the Capulet, please," Dr. Millstone said. As soon as Davidson had presented his passport, the old man in the booth produced three tickets and handed them to the men. "Thank you," Dr. Millstone said in response as they turned toward the Capulet.

The ship itself was fairly small, especially in comparison to some of the larger luxury liners, though still relatively spacious. There were only a handful of other passengers on deck. A crewman arrived to lead them to their staterooms for the next few days. He led them below the deck to a short hallway containing a few doors, and proceeded to unlock one, and Dr. Millstone stepped inside to find it consisted of a bed and desk. "I think this should do fine," he said.

OOC: I figured since this was a small ship, and since our heroes didn't book in advance, the crew probably didn't have time to set up a stateroom for all three of them, or even if it would have the room for that kind of thing.

OOC: I need to remember to post here more often...

(IC: John Davidson / Dominion of Britan Shipyards)

John spent a short time talking with the first mate of the ship, exchanging a few words and jokes before returning to the other two. "I managed to negotiate a lower fee, though I honestly hope you can figure out what's wrong, doc. The urgency of the mission is part of the reason, and these Earth folks..."

He glanced to William. "Well, let's just say that the type of people to come walking out of an airplane crash don't take kindly to watching their friends and family dying off like this."

IC: "I think I can understand," Dr. Millstone said in response as he looked at his patient. "I think we can afford to leave Will for a little while to rest. He somehow managed to avoid suffering any major head injuries that would require him to stay up."

Dr. Millstone stepped outside the stateroom and walked up onto the deck. By this point the land was only barely visible in the distance, and ahead there was nothing but open water. There were only a handful of other passengers on the ship, along with the relatively small crew consisting of the Captain, his first mate, and a small number of able-bodied seamen.

The sky was cloudy at this time, not necessarily giving the impression of a storm, but it was certainly not the brightest of days.

(IC: John Davidson / The Capulet)

John watched the cloudy sky above, and saw a few crackles of pseudo-lightning... brighter, streaking between the clouds, yet without the noise of thunder. The signs of moving into another universe. It was a marvelous sight.

More importantly, he took a deep breath of the sea air, and relaxed. The smoke of the ship was still present, but compared to the Dominion? This air was fresher than a newly picked apple.

IC: There was a cool breeze in the air. Dr. Millstone could see that his partner had started to relax quite a bit. It made a certain amount of sense. After all he had been coughing intensely while he was in the industrial environment of the Domain. To be exposed to such fresh air must have been quite a relief for him. Indeed, for a man who lived in such a world it was quite a feeling.

"It's quite a sight, Mr. Davidson," Millstone said as he looked out into the clouds, and the bright flashes within. "That must be a sign of our crossing from one world to another, I presume? I suppose we'll see a lot of that for the next few days."

Edited by Atton Rand

"Even upon our arrival." he replied, much more calm than he had been before. "Earth, or at least this area of it that we are heading too, seems to quite frequently welcome in rain. It is also... quite the beauty. Not quite as clean as Terra, and yet the air still feels so much more pristine. Forests and mountains that still stand as they did in the ancient past. Birds in the trees." He gave a chuckle. "Birds a bit less likely to shatter your skull with a sonic beam than the ones in Erde."

He tapped his armor. "If this didn't already let you know, I'm not exactly a native. It's more of an adopted home. And if the universes ever return to normal... I wouldn't mind staying there. What about you, doc? You have any experiences with these other worlds?"

IC: John ran a hand through his hair, holding his right out to Zhao to shake."You come from a new dimension, don't you."He said it as a statement, not a question.OOC: John understands and speaks languages, approved by Snark.

Edited by The Fourteenth Doctor

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: That's a bit of a vague ability. Do you mean he is good at learning other languages or that he is just fluent in several different tongues?

OOC: I would assume, based on the Doctor motif, something similar to the TARDIS translation circuit. Understand and speak any language.

"Interesting is a word." he said. "The word? Maybe, maybe not. Guess you'll have to find that out for yourself, doc."

Looking out to the oceans, he said, "You know, it's funny. More worlds seem to pop up by the day. Each more dangerous than the next. I hear tales sometimes of a set of islands far out into the ocean. No matter what world you're in, go far enough to the ocean, and there they are. Had a few sailors who attempted to head to a place called Greenland - whatever that is, though I bet it's a very green place - and instead came back with tales of mushroom men trying to kill them. People think they're crazy. Me?"

He tapped his head. "Still not sure how much of this is real myself."

OOC: As much as I hate to OOC only, yes. Lev is correct.Basically, a psychic thing makes all languages heard sound like John's native tongue, and anything he speaks is spoken in the language of the person he's talking to.Or I could use the hitchhiker's guide explanation...

No such thing as destiny.

BZPRPG Profiles

OOC: Okay, that explains it. I just thought you might want to clarify what you said there.

IC: "It's funny the way that works," Dr. Millstone said in response. "Still, it's a bit odd the way different pieces of different worlds fit so seamlessly together, and yet there is still room for more. Earth and the Domain aren't that much different but it makes you wonder just what else is out there, and what might be coming."

Edited by Atton Rand

As John stared out into the ocean, his eyes narrowed in. With an almost unexpected haste, he reached into his cloak and pulled out his binoculars before looking out into the distance. He let out a muffled swear before saying, "I really hoped this wouldn't happen."

"Erde pirates." he responded. "Barely in vision now, but if I can see them from here, they saw us over a mile ago. Magic and all of that. I doubt we can outrun them, but we'll need to warn the crew... luckily, we have a little thing called gunpowder that they don't. And as for telling who they are, if that was a concern.... I know that flag. It's on one of the most wanted posters back on Earth seaports because of their attacks. Captained by the notorious...."

He took a moment, "... you know, I don't really know. I was only really looking at the pictures."

IC: "I don't know much about these things but considering their distance it should take them some time to get to us. That may give us a bit of time to prepare."

With that, Dr. Millstone turned away from the edge and quickly walked toward a young crewman cleaning the deck. He was a rugged sort of fellow, dressed in suspenders

"We need to speak to the Captain," Dr. Millstone said. "It's very urgent. I don't suppose you know where we can find him?"

"The Captain is probably very busy," the young sailor replied. "I trust this is an emergency."

"Yes," replied Dr. Millstone. "This is an emergency."

"Not going to get you anywhere." John replied, patting Dr. Millstone on the back as he came from behind him. He leaned in to whisper into his ear, "The captain was turned into a talking newt by a jealous Erde witch. He didn't get better."

"Better to talk to the First Mate." he said, before turning to the crew member. "Where's he at?"

At the time, before the crew member could respond, the first mate came walking towards them with an irritated look to his face and a few earthworms clinging to the glove of his clenched right hand.

OOC: The witch was proven as such when her weight was measured equally against that of a duck.