Remedies For Cracked Joint Pieces?

Bernkastel

Does anyone know any remedies of repairing cracked joint pieces? Most of the joint pieces on all my sets (save for hero factory) are all cracked. Any ideas on how to repair them?

Please do not deplore yourself.

Even if the world does not forgive, I will forgive you.

Giggle giggle giggle...

I just replace the set, or for larger sets, I'd get a smaller set with similar pieces and cannibalise it. *eyes a Keelerak set*

If you use correct grammar in your posts (or try hard to), place this in your signature. Join Myst's campaign for correct grammar usage on BZPower!

Chances are (since she did mention Hero Factory sets not having this problem) that the joints are all the old style, so the LEGO replacement system won't provide them.It's rather unfortunate if you have a lot that are broken. :/ I was foolish enough to mess with my Hahli Mahri over the summer and sure enough, all of her joints cracked -but then the last batch of lime green ones before the switch to the new style were prone to that.From my own research, Bricklink or any other fansite that sells parts is a great place to go to if you want to outright replace them. They're relatively inexpensive. If you don't mind mixing in the new style, you could also use the replacement system linked above and just find a more recent set and say you lost ones from it. Beyond that, carefully applied, very small quantities of superglue could help. Never tried it myself, though, so I don't know how easy it might be avoid using too much (especially in the socket part, where most of my breaks were - could very easily put some in the cusp and ball joints will no longer fit in there). ~ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

A dab of Superglue works well. Or duct tape, whatever floats your boat.

jimistringer.png

Why are orange and black such a good color Combination ? Purple is pretty, and so is blue. Pink hurts your eyes, green is quite mellowing, black is very threatning, red is cool, orange is SO awesome, yellow's hard to read... But you can't see white at all! Oh, wait. I forgot brown.

Here's my thoughts: If a person tells the truth and says, " I always lie," Is he lying? Or is he telling the truth? And what has a mouth, but no head, and a body, but no torso? Do caterpillars like to tend to supporting colum of stone's every need? Or is that name misleading by nature? Speaking of nature, why are the children of animals called offspring? don't many young beasts come alive in spring, and thus, should be called onspring? Heeeeeeyy..... I got the first post on a page for the first time. Who knows; it may happen again. What the... It did happen again... and again...

YEAH! I'M ENCOUNTERING PROTODERMIS!

I've always wanted to try superglue, because I have a lot of useful parts that I want to repair. Currently, though, I'm saving up for the day where I can build an entire MOC out of them so it can truly be a BIONICLE zombie, coming to eat your braaaains (or eye socket parts).

tumblr_ng1pw4xLEM1tryxewo1_1280.jpg

Lego's Replacement Part service is fantastic. I've ordered of them quite a bit and the best part is..IT'S FREE!!! Major props to Lego for this great service. As for Bricklink the site is fine but shipping is way too much for me. I used it once and will never use it again. The best thing is to use what I said above. It takes 3-4 weeks but it's worth it.

Edited by -Knight Rider2000-

Lego's Replacement Part service is fantastic. I've ordered of them quite a bit and the best part is..IT'S FREE!!! Major props to Lego for this great service. As for Bricklink the site is fine but shipping is way too much for me. I used it once and will never use it again. The best thing is to use what I said above. It takes 3-4 weeks but it's worth it.

Lego's broken piece replacement service is FREE!? I have GOT to try it. That's AWESOME!!! I didn't know that, thanks!

That's why you have to pay attention to where the store is located. ;) I just made an order from Australia for one set, and of course going to the US it's going to cost a few dollars. But I also just placed an order from a store in the same state as me for six sets, and the shipping's basically negligible. And if we're just talking about parts, then deeefinitely watch where you're buying from. Because it's possible the shipping could even be more expensive than just the parts if it's from far enough away. And yes LEGO's service is free, guys, but try not to abuse it. ;) ~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

That's why you have to pay attention to where the store is located. ;) I just made an order from Australia for one set, and of course going to the US it's going to cost a few dollars. But I also just placed an order from a store in the same state as me for six sets, and the shipping's basically negligible. And if we're just talking about parts, then deeefinitely watch where you're buying from. Because it's possible the shipping could even be more expensive than just the parts if it's from far enough away. And yes LEGO's service is free, guys, but try not to abuse it. ;) ~|ET|~
I ordered from a guy in the same province as me and shipping was $12. I ordered $4 worth of stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

If it's big enough, I'll use super glue. Otherwise, I'll just ignore it.

Just because my sig is confusing Doesn'tmean it doesn't seem strangely awesome. how will you read this when it is invisible? But now you won't get just bits and pieces of something, then it would be something completly different.? Just highlight it to reveal the secret! It can be quite interesting...

~Power of Gresh~

If you can solve the Rubik's Cube in under a minute, PM me!

I use superglue.Question: Do you have to pay shipping for the replacement thing. And would is ship to any country in the world?

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

• 2 years later...

I fourth Bricklink. Aside from broken parts, I've even gotten a couple of entirely custom tohunga from stores just as spare parts-including Macku, Matoro, a Ta-Matoran with an orange kaukau, and Kongu with a teal kakama.

6EDaWFY.png