• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Why do people dislike TLR?

TLR The Legend Reborn Dislike

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#121 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 04-January 13
  • 936 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 09:23 PM

[font="'courier new';"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]For me, and I think most people, excluding you of course, Kiina's Woohoos just killed it.[/color][/font]

This pretty much sums it up for me. But actually, I didn't dislike it. I didn't think it was great by any stretch of the imagination though. MoL will always be my favorite, because it was set in one of my favorite story arcs, and there is something special about the island of Mata Nui that no other location in the BIONICLE universe can match, including Bara Magna. 
She only "WHOO HOO"s like, 3 times in the whole movie. 
 Did you miss the dance after the first one? Yeesh. 
No, that was just one big "WHOO HOO" that managed to ruin the only song in the whole movie. 
 It managed to ruin not only the song, but the entire movie itself.  :P 
The "I Was Right" song. That would have been a pretty darn good work of art there, had those horrid noises not been made.
I want to see an edited version of that in your musical. :POh, whatever, now I have this stuck in my head...They told me that I was wrong, but IIIII was right,Holding on to hopeWhen they all gave upCome on in,Place your bet,Take your name,Play my game,Because even though ICould have been wrong, I WAS RIGHT!All the same.They said I was delusional, but IIIII was right,Other worlds, no such thingUntil an other-worlder came along.Come on in,Place your bet,Take your name,Play my game,Because even though ICould have been wrong, I WAS RIGHT!All the same. Now imagine that in Kiina's voice. :P 
Out of curiosity, is that a real song, or did you just come up with it?
I invented it. :P I just couldn't help thinking of that after you said "I Was Right" song.

Posted Image

Haha, but really, that's pretty good! 

6iS7Euv.png

#122 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-October 07
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 09:36 PM

[font="'courier new';"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]For me, and I think most people, excluding you of course, Kiina's Woohoos just killed it.[/color][/font]

This pretty much sums it up for me. But actually, I didn't dislike it. I didn't think it was great by any stretch of the imagination though. MoL will always be my favorite, because it was set in one of my favorite story arcs, and there is something special about the island of Mata Nui that no other location in the BIONICLE universe can match, including Bara Magna. 
She only "WHOO HOO"s like, 3 times in the whole movie. 
 Did you miss the dance after the first one? Yeesh. 
No, that was just one big "WHOO HOO" that managed to ruin the only song in the whole movie. 
 It managed to ruin not only the song, but the entire movie itself.  :P 
The "I Was Right" song. That would have been a pretty darn good work of art there, had those horrid noises not been made.
I want to see an edited version of that in your musical. :POh, whatever, now I have this stuck in my head...They told me that I was wrong, but IIIII was right,Holding on to hopeWhen they all gave upCome on in,Place your bet,Take your name,Play my game,Because even though ICould have been wrong, I WAS RIGHT!All the same.They said I was delusional, but IIIII was right,Other worlds, no such thingUntil an other-worlder came along.Come on in,Place your bet,Take your name,Play my game,Because even though ICould have been wrong, I WAS RIGHT!All the same. Now imagine that in Kiina's voice. :P 
Out of curiosity, is that a real song, or did you just come up with it?
I invented it. :P I just couldn't help thinking of that after you said "I Was Right" song.

Posted Image

Haha, but really, that's pretty good! 

Does it, by chance, actually fit with the any of the music from TLR? :P

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#123 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 5,619 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 11:10 PM

Hey so uh out of consideration for those reading, it would be nice if you guys could cut down on the chain-quoting. :wacko: Just make some snips!

#124 Offline XONAR

XONAR
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 04-January 13
  • 936 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 25 2013 - 11:36 PM

Hey so uh out of consideration for those reading, it would be nice if you guys could cut down on the chain-quoting. :wacko: Just make some snips!

Sorry about that. It does get to be pretty ridiculous after a while. :lol:

6iS7Euv.png

#125 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,959 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2013 - 08:53 AM

Does it, by chance, actually fit with the any of the music from TLR? :P

Probably not. It was just random.

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

#126 Offline ---Kopaka Nuva---

---Kopaka Nuva---
  • Members
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 09-December 02
  • 4,201 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2013 - 11:15 AM

I don't hate it too much but i felt like a lot of small things like sounds should've been left out.

Metus's "That's a joke" got annoying after the first time and businessman behaviour was annoying

rock steeds portrayed as making horse like sounds, i mean really they are reptiles and should have hissing noises. the bucking rock steed scen and the sound used when the bone hunter fell backwards after being smacked by a shield was really childish.

kiina's woohoo'ing really grinds my ears

#127 Offline Ghabulous Ghoti

Ghabulous Ghoti
  • Members
  • Exo-Armored Toa

• 20-October 07
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 29 2013 - 02:04 PM

I found "That's a joke" to be the funniest part of the movie. That's not saying much, but I actually liked it.

By the way, that's not a joke.

GhotiH.png

Add me on Steam: Ghabulous Ghoti ------------------------------- Add me on Nintendo Network/Playstation Network: GhotiH ------------------------------- Add me on 3DS: 1461-6196-0520

Just be sure to tell me that you've added me!

Competitive Smash Bros. player! Message me to discuss strategies or mess around without strategy online!

Yes, you can still play Brawl online!

#128 Offline Toa of Gallifrey

Toa of Gallifrey
  • Members
  • Aquatic Guardian

• 11-March 11
  • 383 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 04 2013 - 10:56 AM

The only things I didn't like were the canon error at the beginning (Mata Nui was supposed to be barren due to the Bohrok), the fact all Agori of the same tribe looked the same and that the music was pretty generic, except for the theme for when Mata Nui is going to fight Tuma. Apart from that, I quite liked it. MoL is still tops for me but TLR is very good too. I like that the models in the movie look like the set versions. While the original trilogy models were more original and great for alternate movie version sets (which I still don't know why they didn't do), they felt odd when playing with the sets while watching the movie.

"Now what will come out of this? A new mask of power? Some tooth-claw creature? A Matoran marching band?" - Lewa, The Final Battle

"Nothing is more important than my egomania!" - Clara Oswald, Deep Breath

"I AM A FLAMING MOLTRES!" - James, The Fortune Hunters

3DS FC: 2681-0566-5359

#129 Offline Lewigi

Lewigi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 25-March 06
  • 3,432 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 11:13 AM

I found "That's a joke" to be the funniest part of the movie. That's not saying much, but I actually liked it.

I would go so far as to say it was the only part of the movie that was legitimately funny. At least in the part where Metus is trying to get the rights to manage Mata Nui in Ackar's house.

#130 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Rahkshi Unleashed

• 05-July 10
  • 5,959 posts
  •  

Posted Aug 14 2013 - 11:50 AM

I would go so far as to say it was the only part of the movie that was legitimately funny. At least in the part where Metus is trying to get the rights to manage Mata Nui in Ackar's house.

Agreed. I also thought the fact that Metus was trying to manage Mata Nui in Ackar's house to be funny. Realistic cluelessness and all that. 

16028406952_a8c31f0bfe.jpg15838451978_fa70afcd66_m.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users