Why do people dislike TLR?

fishers64

For me, and I think most people, excluding you of course, Kiina's Woohoos just killed it.

This pretty much sums it up for me. But actually, I didn't dislike it. I didn't think it was great by any stretch of the imagination though. MoL will always be my favorite, because it was set in one of my favorite story arcs, and there is something special about the island of Mata Nui that no other location in the BIONICLE universe can match, including Bara Magna.
She only "WHOO HOO"s like, 3 times in the whole movie.
Did you miss the dance after the first one? Yeesh.
No, that was just one big "WHOO HOO" that managed to ruin the only song in the whole movie.
It managed to ruin not only the song, but the entire movie itself. :P
The "I Was Right" song. That would have been a pretty darn good work of art there, had those horrid noises not been made.
I want to see an edited version of that in your musical. :POh, whatever, now I have this stuck in my head...They told me that I was wrong, but IIIII was right,Holding on to hopeWhen they all gave upCome on in,Place your bet,Take your name,Play my game,Because even though ICould have been wrong, I WAS RIGHT!All the same.They said I was delusional, but IIIII was right,Other worlds, no such thingUntil an other-worlder came along.Come on in,Place your bet,Take your name,Play my game,Because even though ICould have been wrong, I WAS RIGHT!All the same. Now imagine that in Kiina's voice. :P
Out of curiosity, is that a real song, or did you just come up with it?
I invented it. :P I just couldn't help thinking of that after you said "I Was Right" song.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Haha, but really, that's pretty good!

Bliss.png

For me, and I think most people, excluding you of course, Kiina's Woohoos just killed it.

This pretty much sums it up for me. But actually, I didn't dislike it. I didn't think it was great by any stretch of the imagination though. MoL will always be my favorite, because it was set in one of my favorite story arcs, and there is something special about the island of Mata Nui that no other location in the BIONICLE universe can match, including Bara Magna.
She only "WHOO HOO"s like, 3 times in the whole movie.
Did you miss the dance after the first one? Yeesh.
No, that was just one big "WHOO HOO" that managed to ruin the only song in the whole movie.
It managed to ruin not only the song, but the entire movie itself. :P
The "I Was Right" song. That would have been a pretty darn good work of art there, had those horrid noises not been made.
I want to see an edited version of that in your musical. :POh, whatever, now I have this stuck in my head...They told me that I was wrong, but IIIII was right,Holding on to hopeWhen they all gave upCome on in,Place your bet,Take your name,Play my game,Because even though ICould have been wrong, I WAS RIGHT!All the same.They said I was delusional, but IIIII was right,Other worlds, no such thingUntil an other-worlder came along.Come on in,Place your bet,Take your name,Play my game,Because even though ICould have been wrong, I WAS RIGHT!All the same. Now imagine that in Kiina's voice. :P
Out of curiosity, is that a real song, or did you just come up with it?
I invented it. :P I just couldn't help thinking of that after you said "I Was Right" song.

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Haha, but really, that's pretty good!

Does it, by chance, actually fit with the any of the music from TLR? :P

I don't hate it too much but i felt like a lot of small things like sounds should've been left out.

Metus's "That's a joke" got annoying after the first time and businessman behaviour was annoying

rock steeds portrayed as making horse like sounds, i mean really they are reptiles and should have hissing noises. the bucking rock steed scen and the sound used when the bone hunter fell backwards after being smacked by a shield was really childish.

kiina's woohoo'ing really grinds my ears

qs3135.jpg

The only things I didn't like were the canon error at the beginning (Mata Nui was supposed to be barren due to the Bohrok), the fact all Agori of the same tribe looked the same and that the music was pretty generic, except for the theme for when Mata Nui is going to fight Tuma. Apart from that, I quite liked it. MoL is still tops for me but TLR is very good too. I like that the models in the movie look like the set versions. While the original trilogy models were more original and great for alternate movie version sets (which I still don't know why they didn't do), they felt odd when playing with the sets while watching the movie.

• 2 weeks later...

I found "That's a joke" to be the funniest part of the movie. That's not saying much, but I actually liked it.

By the way, that's not a joke.

I would go so far as to say it was the only part of the movie that was legitimately funny. At least in the part where Metus is trying to get the rights to manage Mata Nui in Ackar's house.

How well will you die?

I found "That's a joke" to be the funniest part of the movie. That's not saying much, but I actually liked it.

By the way, that's not a joke.

I would go so far as to say it was the only part of the movie that was legitimately funny. At least in the part where Metus is trying to get the rights to manage Mata Nui in Ackar's house.

Agreed. I also thought the fact that Metus was trying to manage Mata Nui in Ackar's house to be funny. Realistic cluelessness and all that.