• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Fifth LEGO CUUSOO Set Announced

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,160 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 15 2013 - 03:50 PM

LEGO has announced the fifth CUUSOO set, and it is (drumroll please)...the Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover! Sadly, the UCS Sandcrawler did not make the final cut but Team Jigsaw's Thinking With Portals! may still have a shot. You can check out the <a href='http://blog.lego.cuusoo.com/2013/06/14/results-fall-2012-lego-review/' target='offsite'>LEGO CUUSOO Blog post</a> for more information. Despite the sadness, we can look forward to a great set that immortalizes the giant, sky-crane-lowered, SUV-sized rover that is exploring the red planet right now.View the full article

#2 Offline Electric Turahk

Electric Turahk
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • The Drifter

• 13,081 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 17 2013 - 12:24 PM

I am not at all surprised by the Curiosity rover getting approved. It's an excellent choice.The UCS Sandcrawler being shot down is a disappointment, because it looked incredible... But for a brand as large as Star Wars, I'm sure they have their own plans and this would probably get in the way...What is most interesting, though, is the state of the Portal sets. I was expecting a flat out "no" when the Curiosity was revealed as the fifth set. But apparently things aren't finished there yet. I sure hope that's a good sign.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

#3 Offline ~garnira returns~

~garnira returns~
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 836 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 17 2013 - 05:06 PM

Hmm, the curiosity rover is a nice set. Needless to say, this is the third cuusoo set that has little "playset" appeal, and is furthermore a representation of an exploration device. Funny how 3 out of 4 cuusoo sets are less likely to appeal to children and more likely to appeal to AFOL's.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

My website: http://arra41.wix.com/zaro-nui ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

#4 Offline ChocolateFrogs

ChocolateFrogs
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Piraka Fusionist

• 1,782 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jun 18 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'm ecstatic that Curiosity is coming through as a set! Stephen is a fantastic guy I've had the pleasure of spending time with at many LUG meetings, and it totally deserves the win.

So is a signed LEGO box worth more opened or unopened? Do I have him autograph the set itself once built?

-CF

sup_spidey_banner.jpg

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users