Fifth LEGO CUUSOO Set Announced

LEGO has announced the fifth CUUSOO set, and it is (drumroll please)...the Mars Science Laboratory Curiosity Rover! Sadly, the UCS Sandcrawler did not make the final cut but Team Jigsaw's Thinking With Portals! may still have a shot. You can check out the <a href='http://blog.lego.cuusoo.com/2013/06/14/results-fall-2012-lego-review/' target='offsite'>LEGO CUUSOO Blog post</a> for more information. Despite the sadness, we can look forward to a great set that immortalizes the giant, sky-crane-lowered, SUV-sized rover that is exploring the red planet right now.View the full article

I am not at all surprised by the Curiosity rover getting approved. It's an excellent choice.The UCS Sandcrawler being shot down is a disappointment, because it looked incredible... But for a brand as large as Star Wars, I'm sure they have their own plans and this would probably get in the way...What is most interesting, though, is the state of the Portal sets. I was expecting a flat out "no" when the Curiosity was revealed as the fifth set. But apparently things aren't finished there yet. I sure hope that's a good sign.~|ET|~

E-T... Phone home.

"He walks among us, but he is not one of us."

Hmm, the curiosity rover is a nice set. Needless to say, this is the third cuusoo set that has little "playset" appeal, and is furthermore a representation of an exploration device. Funny how 3 out of 4 cuusoo sets are less likely to appeal to children and more likely to appeal to AFOL's.

leechfoam.gif "Copy and paste me into your sig! The shadows command you!"

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

tarakavabanner.jpg

#tumaislove,tumaislife

I'm ecstatic that Curiosity is coming through as a set! Stephen is a fantastic guy I've had the pleasure of spending time with at many LUG meetings, and it totally deserves the win.

So is a signed LEGO box worth more opened or unopened? Do I have him autograph the set itself once built?

-CF

nexo_shields_9.jpg