Reality Check? (Ruthless Hypothetical Incoming)

fishers64

As human beings, we belong in this universe and have abilities to survive in it, but how would those abilities convert (for you), if possible, into Bionicle universe powers (should you be unfortunate enough to end up there by some nefarious plot or mistimed stroke of luck) ?Or in other words, if you were to end up as a Toa tommorrow, what powers would you be likely to end up with? (Not the ones you want, but end up with?) Which ones would you be able to actually use easily? Actually help you survive in the Bionicle universe?

Not sure I understand the question. How exactly would the powers be decided? Our attitudes? Then probably Ice or Water (but water's a girl element, so I'm stuck with ice).

Or if you mean attributes, like speed, strength, intelligence...then I'm drawing a blank. Based on MNOLG Principles, I would be stuck with ice, stone, or water again, I think.

Edited by Click

So this is like, if we grabbed a Rhotuka launcher, what power would it have since those are determined by personality of the user?

Probably nothing very good for battle. :P Maybe the effects of the Kanohi Rode, since I'm all about truthseeking.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

As human beings, we belong in this universe and have abilities to survive in it, but how would those abilities convert (for you), if possible, into Bionicle universe powers (should you be unfortunate enough to end up there by some nefarious plot or mistimed stroke of luck) ?Or in other words, if you were to end up as a Toa tommorrow, what powers would you be likely to end up with? (Not the ones you want, but end up with?) Which ones would you be able to actually use easily? Actually help you survive in the Bionicle universe?

Doesn't that simply depend on what elemental type of Matoran you are?

*facepalm* Wow, this is really bad.

Doesn't that simply depend on what elemental type of Matoran you are?

What elemental type would you most likely to be?

Alright, I'm going to start over. If this helps this topic make more sense, I will add it to the first post:

The idea I had was that who we are and our abilities affect the world around us in a certain way. Bionicle characters had have certain powers (or not) that affect the world they live in. The idea would be for a human to enter the Bionicle universe as a Bionicle character (thereby affecting the universe) but having the same effect on the Bionicle universe as they would have on our world. Their capacity to affect the world they are in would not change, only where they were.

So, in that case, what powers would you have in the Bionicle universe that would allow you to affect that world the same way you affect it here?

For example, I seem to have the ability to disappear for hours at a time and escape the notice of the people around me, inspiring blind trust and people not checking my strategies. True, I'm there, might even be in plain view, but I escape their mental attention. (This is not to brag on myself; that has severe disadvantages, actually :P) So I would probably end up as a Matoran or Toa of Psionics somewhere. (I have no idea what my mask power would be, probably something lame and/or overpowered that would get me into a mess.)

If this is too complicated, I'm fine with it being closed.

It's a tough question to be sure. It doesn't help that several of the tribes of Matoran have specific personality traits, values, and interests, even though these were emphasized far less in later years.'I don't think I'm qualified to answer this question since all things considered, it deals with my skills and passions, which I have a very poor grasp on. I really like and understand toy design a lot. Creation is a very Po-Matoran trait. But I also like art, which tends to be more of a Le-Matoran trait. I have a certain social proclivity and empathy, which is often associated with Ga-Matoran. But I am also socially impaired in many respects. I like learning and studying, which are typically Ko-Matoran or Onu-Matoran traits depending on the nature of that study. And I also really appreciate good storytelling, which is a trait not belonging to any particular tribe: it employs a very diverse set of skills.It definitely doesn't help that the things I really enjoy are often things I am really bad at, all things considered. I like LEGO building but I am not an especially competent MOCist. I like art but I have nowhere near the skills or dedication to make it a career. I enjoy music and stories, but I can't write either. All things considered, what I put out into the world is negligible compared to what I take out of the world. And it hurts me to say this, because I know that I'm never going to get anywhere in life with that kind of attitude. Even critics and others who are tasked with indulging in certain things on the behalf of others are expected to provide something others appreciate in return.I suppose I have a lot in common with Takua in terms of still needing to find myself. But as much as I'd love shiny gold-and-white armor and a versatile elemental power, identifying as a Matoran or Toa of Light just because I'm wishy-washy and not good for much would be the height of arrogance.I suppose it's silly to get mopey about this kind of thing, but I can't really give a sincere answer. I don't know my destiny (and in fact, sometimes I fear my destiny will be no more than what I am now), and I've never been good at guessing things or making decisions. I guess anyone keeping a record can just jot me down as "undecided".

• 2 weeks later...

I suppose I have a lot in common with Takua in terms of still needing to find myself. But as much as I'd love shiny gold-and-white armor and a versatile elemental power, identifying as a Matoran or Toa of Light just because I'm wishy-washy and not good for much would be the height of arrogance.

I don't think its "whishy-washy"- especially when you take into consideration how you're a colour encyclopedia, light is a befitting element for you!

For me I think I'd end up being a toa of stone since I'd like to think I have most in common with them... but on the other hand I cant kick a ball to save my life so I don't know.

Link to my comic :D

To anyone contacting me, I'm of to Uni soon so I might take time to respond.

I find that I share various traits with the different Matoran types, so I'll make a short list of these:

Key--(Element: Physical trait // personality trait)

Air: A little clumsy on flat ground--better at parkour-stuff than just running // energetic and inventive, carefree.

Fire: tolerant of heat // good mathematician, good at putting stuff together.

Stone: tough and athletic // creative and I don't like water all that much (plus, I don't float)

Psionics: Nothing known about physical attributes, so no idea // "mental shielding" = stubbornness in my book.

Iron: durable (I survived a fall of 20-ish feet out of a tree onto an exposed river rock with minimal damage) // I think being good at building or putting stiff together goes here, too.

Ice: Not sure // not exactly a social butterfly

And now a list of things I do not have in common with these:

Air: pretty much the same // I'm not as talkative as they are

Fire: I have limits to the amount of heat I can tolerate // not all that good at the whole military-style tactics thing--I lose at Risk too often (Yes, that is my reason)

Stone: Pretty much the same, but not exactly stronger than other people I know // Not sure of the differences here, but they seem rather social, which I am not as much.

Psionics: Still don't know (except they're all female, not counting Orde, where I'm a dude) // We still don't know a lot about them for me to say much

Iron: Not many differences here, from what we know // from what we know, not many differences.

Ice: I like heat, so that's different // not as studious as they might be, as I tend to slack off or get distracted, nor do I feel I have the time to do otherwise

So, we'll start by scratching off Psioncis (all unmentioned elements either don't fit me at all, or we don't have enough info on them to be sure), because it's just the one trait. I only share the anti-social-ness of the Ko-Matoran, and even that is limited, because I like being around people, though I don't like getting too involved, so we'll take that one off the list, too. Although, there are often those eccentric types that are just a little off from the others--they can't all share identical personalities.

This leaves Air, Fire, Iron, and Stone. I feel I may have less in common with Stone and Fire than the other two. I think perhaps my attitude toward life and my artistic talent/inventiveness (inventor of the air launcher and Defilak, Metru nui Le-Matoran were mechanics and invented many vehicles and systems) lend more to the Le-Matoran traits. Between that and Fe-Matoran, I think I would be more compatible with Air, in that regard. Just a quiet one that can survive a fall out of trees. Ironic, isn't it?

signoffffff.png

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

I guess I'd be a toa of Earth, as I am inventive n' stuff like Nuparu, and after browsin' the net for a couple of hours it does hurt sometimes to look at lights

3018587.png
Credit be to Strack for my avatar, who I WILL moc one day, the avatar I mean ........
Life is a whole lot of everything-Cleverbot
What What What.-Cleverbot
My steam name is Toa Gears °▲Delta, add me if you wish

I'd be a Le-matoren because love being in trees talk super fast and i'm light hearted and sometimes got my head in the clouds. Or i'd be an Av-matoren i'd be like Solek dreaming up heros and stuff. But i'd have to also include stone in there i''m very creative. but there is the Ko-matoren cause i melt in temp over 85 degrees.

But there is the stuff i'm not good at

Av- i'm not much of the one to be fighting for my life in a place were i have a jet pack.

Ko- not anti social get distracted very easily

Po- not super fast at all and i love swimming.

So i'd have to say i'd be Air couldn't find anything that i don't have in common with them.

one day this will contain greatness only the best. But take this with the ocean of salt then you will know what to expect from this

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be a toa of troll. Or a fe-matoran. My passion is building random things out of junk I find around the house.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I'm really fast and agile, and I have a good ammount of common sense, as well asbeing a fantastic observer, I'd probably relate myself mot with pohatu, onua, or lewa (with my witty, happy-go-lucky charm of awesomeness :P )

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

I would undoubtedly control the element of LOGIC. Saying that LOGIC isn't an element is ILLOGICAL.

In all seriousness... I'm not sure. I would have to go with Ice. Seems to mostly fit my personality.

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

Mairanui of Maira-Metru, I like the ring-sound of that! (I'm putting that in my sig! :P )

I would be, undoubtedly, a toa of humor, with the mask of pondering. Not very strong or bulky. Kind of-sort-of-maybe-little above averag-fast. Meh, in all seriousness, I would probably get speed, swiftness, humor and intelligence.

2xu8Ptu.png

Mairanui of Maira-Metru, I like the ring-sound of that! (I'm putting that in my sig! :P )

I would be, undoubtedly, a toa of humor, with the mask of pondering. Not very strong or bulky. Kind of-sort-of-maybe-little above averag-fast. Meh, in all seriousness, I would probably get speed, swiftness, humor and intelligence.

This is pretty much me as well.

Though I likely have some ice and fire in me, being unsociable and quick to be angered.

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Ice, because for some reason I am always accused of being anti-social.

Add me on 3DS: 0516-7750-0068

Add me on Wii U: Boidoh

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 4: Never Trust a Snake

"I am Lloyd Garmadon, son of Lord Garmadon." - Lloyd, Episode 44: Corridor of Elders

Like, Comment, And Subscribe for Nintendo Content - NinBoidoh

Ko-Matoran. I'm independent and some kind of spiritual. I'm also part Po-Matoran in that I don't like putting faith in whatever hasn't been proven (my spiritual stuff is weird).

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

My element would probably be air or ice. My mask would most likely be a Volitak or maybe a Rode. Let's go with Ice and Rode, because they're awesome. :P :smilekopakanu:

jamagsbannermoredramaticlesstall.png

"I've got a dramatic pose, a dramatic background, and a dramatic sunset. Now get me some dramatic music!" - Me

Credit to Matoran Onknu and Takuma Nuva for sprites used in avatar and signature.

• 2 months later...

I've had too many daydreams where I went through all the elements for what suits me, and it comes down to Ice every time. Mask power comes down shielding or stealth.

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, this is a toughie. I usually bounce between having Ice attributes and Air attributes fairly quickly, although in terms of effects on the world around us, I would probably have to say Stone. Creative, a bit stubborn, and one heck of a wisecracker.

"Whether that is right or not...I also...as a Rider...have a wish that I want to fulfill."

This is an interesting question. I'm not that strong or fit, really, so that rules out stone. I am pretty fickle about my opinions (if I had a record of everything I've ever said and done, I bet I could find loooads of contradictions) so that might be along the lines of air. My personality is pretty lax and I prefer to avoid confrontation. I suppose that sounds more like water or earth. In a toa team, I'd probably prefer to remain in the shadows and only really chip in when something serious comes along like a strong argument that would separate the team. If that were to occur, I might try words first, and then action later (something like creating a wall around two people to keep them from walking away).

So, I suppose earth would be the best fit based on all of that.

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

I would undoubtedly control the element of LOGIC. Saying that LOGIC isn't an element is ILLOGICAL.

In all seriousness... I'm not sure. I would have to go with Ice. Seems to mostly fit my personality.

Same here.

-Rahkshi Guurahk
GENERATION 3: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
If I actually tried putting all the stuff I like on here, the sig would burst.

d1O9dXQ.png

(This banner is created by http://www.bzpower.com/board/user/59020-onaku/ )

Well, I'm not athletic. I'm not artistic. I'm not social. I am, to a large extent, academic, with a focus in earth science. I suppose this means I would fit into the category of 'ice' since they tend to be less outgoing and put an emphasis on knowledge (Knowledge Towers/ Wall of History). As far as my actual knowledge skillset goes, though, I'd be more likely to fit into the Earth group.

My mask power, assuming I'm a Toa, would be a non combat power. Most likely a Rode, Elda, or mask of psychometry.

BZPRPG

Well, I'm not athletic. I'm not artistic. I'm not social. I am, to a large extent, academic, with a focus in earth science. I suppose this means I would fit into the category of 'ice' since they tend to be less outgoing and put an emphasis on knowledge (Knowledge Towers/ Wall of History). As far as my actual knowledge skillset goes, though, I'd be more likely to fit into the Earth group.

My mask power, assuming I'm a Toa, would be a non combat power. Most likely a Rode, Elda, or mask of psychometry.

The Wall of History was in Ta-Koro. You're thinking of the Wall of Prophecy.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a studious seeker of knowledge who does not enjoy talking and likes solitude. Oh, and I enjoy colder temperatures. The signs clearly point to Ko-Koro for me. My only problem there would be a fear of heights. I think I'd have the Mask of Telekinesis or Mind Control if I were a Toa or Turaga and Ice elemental powers if I were a Toa.

The Legend Lives...