What would happen if a Toa Nuva became a Turaga?

Title knows all.

Would they become 'Turaga Nuva?' Would they look like normal Turaga? What do you peeps think?

:a: :r: :z: :a: :k: :i:

I got Monster Hunter World on PS4, add me at bmrjw2 if you want

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

They would become a Turaga Nuva, who would use Noble Nuva masks and have elemental powers greater than a normal Turaga, but likely weaker than a normal Toa. They would be bigger than a normal Turaga, like the Nuva being bigger than a normal Toa.

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

And just for the record, Greg confirmed what Canis said (although I'm not sure about the size thing).

I suppose I'll leave this open for that detail, and if you want to hear a quote (no I don't have one handy at moment).

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

Greg confirmed what Canis said

He did? Guess I never saw that.

Also I play FFXIV, my main is Anastasia Willow on Exodus but I've got characters on every NA datacenter.

Regular Turaga.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)

This makes me wonder if there could be Matoran Nuva with Turaga-level powers. Like if the Ignika devolved one of the Nuva to a Matoran for whatever reason.

Want to solve an exciting murder mystery? Try Murder Mansion II, a new game in Games and Trivia! 8 Spots remaining!

http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/19274-murder-mansion/?do=findComment&comment=964351

Or if a Matoran fell into a tub of energized protodermis.

We are not sure if the Nuva are only a sliver more powerful than other Toa, or upwards near twice as strong. I am willing to believe they are significantly stronger than others, or else there would be little reason to even have Toa Nuva in the first place if they were only a bit stronger.

Knock Knock

Who's there

Hoff

Hoff who

Yes

So would Tahu keep his Kraata powers, lose them, or have them weakened?

I really have no idea. My guess would be yes, on the assumption that they are extra powers granted to the user of the Golden Armor, so aren't related to Toa Power. On the other hand, he had to be turned back into a normal Toa to use it, so maybe it IS dependant on Toa power. :shrugs:

I'm not sure, but it would be kinda cool if a Toa Nuva becoming a Turaga Nuva put them at equal level to a normal Toa :o

I don't think Turaga Nuva would be anywhere near normal Toa. If a normal Toa is like a tsunami and a Turaga is like a water bottle, a Turaga Nuva is probably something like a swimming pool in terms of amount of what they could make (my guess, anyways).

This makes me wonder if there could be Matoran Nuva with Turaga-level powers. Like if the Ignika devolved one of the Nuva to a Matoran for whatever reason.

That seems reasonable.

I really have no idea. My guess would be yes, on the assumption that they are extra powers granted to the user of the Golden Armor, so aren't related to Toa Power. On the other hand, he had to be turned back into a normal Toa to use it, so maybe it IS dependant on Toa power. :shrugs:

I think he was only turned back into a Toa Mata because the Armor would not fit otherwise (as it wasn't designed to fit a Toa Nuva nor could the designer have forseen the Mata's transformation into Nuva), so he would most likely lose the power when he takes off the armor.

iNRDRQK.png?1

DANMAG!

BZRPG Profiles

Well, actually, when you look at av-matoran that's kind of what they are (probably a bit weaker, but close.)

I think he was only turned back into a Toa Mata because the Armor would not fit otherwise (as it wasn't designed to fit a Toa Nuva nor could the designer have forseen the Mata's transformation into Nuva), so he would most likely lose the power when he takes off the armor.

I believe the Rahkshi powers are contained within the user of the Golden Armor, not the armor itself. Of course, that still leaves the question of whether they would be retained in a transformation to a Turaga.

How well will you die?

Tbh, I don't get why Toa become Turaga anyways, I'd never give up my powers, unless it were like the situation of the Metru.

Well, there's always Toa Stones. Speaking of which, if the Nuva created Toa Stones, would they be more powerful than normal Toa Stones, or would they be able to make more Toa Stones than usual, or something else?

How well will you die?

They become Turaga to spend their energies on a greater cause, whether that's making new Toa like Lhikan or some other use like the Toa Metru. Lhikan's choice was just as important as theirs -- one Toa couldn't do what needed done, but one Toa turning Turaga makes six new Toa. I think if you actually had that responsibility you would make that call if the situation demanded it. :) I think (or hope lol) that we all would.

In other words, all cases of Toa becoming Turaga were like the situation with the Metru -- that energy needed spent for the sake of good.

I don't think this could happen and I don't think they could become Turaga for the same reason: they aren't normal Toa. Even before becoming Toa Nuva, they were never Matoran, they were Toa. If my train of thought makes no sense, sorry.:a::k::i: Edited by Toa of Awesomeness
  • Upvote 1

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

I don't think this could happen and I don't think they could become Turaga for the same reason: they aren't normal Toa. Even before becoming Toa Nuva, they were never Matoran, they were Toa. If my train of thought makes no sense, sorry. :a: :k: :i:

You do have a point about them never being matoran. What would happen if the Ignika DID attempt to devolve one of the toa nuva to a matoran?

Their never having been Matoran is completely irrelevant. They were full, genuine Toa, able to become Turaga, and Greg confirmed it. (And that they can still become Turaga as Toa Nuva.)

It's kinda like if you were to manufacture a fully adult human who is 100% accurate to what an adult grown up from a baby would be -- the method of their origin as an adult is irrelevant to the fact that they will age (not that Toa always 'age' into Turaga, but you get what I mean hopefully :P). What matters is that they are totally like every other Toa (or were... and are now still close enough as Nuva). (And Matoran are manufactured in the same way, keep in mind, just made at an "earlier" stage of being than Toa.)

And yeah, the Ignika can pretty much do whatever it wants. It makes up brand-new curses on a whim, and turns Matoran into dead prison guards, so yeah. :P

Ah, goody, more questions to answer! :)

7)i saw this in a topic:If the toa nuva turned into turaga would they become 'turaga nuva'? 7) Yes* * *But then assuming they choose to become Turaga by that time, will they be Turaga or just a Turaga Nuva? I would think that they would not suddenly lose their Nuva status just because they became Turaga. They have beenimmersed in energized protodermis -- that changes you forever -- so they would be a different breed ofTuraga.

I don't know on the size thing, but I suppose "different breed" would imply that they might have a slightly larger size. * * *This is just me, but I was under the impression that the Golden Armor granted the powers to Tahu, and he doesn't have to wear the armor to use them. (But I could be wrong: I didn't find anything to confirm or deny it. One counterpoint could be that antidermis energy of those powers might mess with the protodermis energy Tahu is made of, but Journey's End protrays Tahu as getting a really bad energy jolt from using the armor, so I really think the power is in Tahu, not the armor.)I did find confirmation that A) the golden armor was designed for use by a Mata, B) that Tahu is still wearing it, and C) that it's a one-off: Tahu can't attack any more Rahkshi with it. Given that, I would think that Turaga Tahu just wouldn't fit in the armor and it would fall off. I also found confirmation that Tahu would become an ordainary Turaga if he decides to become one.Edit: For the record:

5. Would a Turaga Nuva have more elemental power than a Turaga, but less than a normal Toa? 5) Definitely less than a Toa, and probably a smidge more than a normal Turaga.

Edited by fishers64

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't like the thought of any of the Toa Nuva becoming Turaga, since they would no longer look awesome. They'd be mentors and sages, not heroes out to save the world, using teamwork to vanquish evil like they always did, but I would agree that they'd be bigger than most Turaga. They'd also maintain their mask powers like the Turaga Metru, and would most likely become the most respected Turaga in the Bionicle universe.

They would definitely maintain some of their elemental powers, considering the fact that they were energized in protodermis.

stooges1-300x204.jpg

I wouldn't like the thought of any of the Toa Nuva becoming Turaga

Well, a Toa Nuva is technically a "sub-species" of Toa, and really any Toa can be transformed by it into Toa Nuva. That Toa would have to be destined to be Nuva-fied, though, and I don't know if Greg said that only the original Nuva were/are destined to be Nuva-fied.

Well i do think if they become Turaga they will just be normal but they may still have silver armor and have Noble Kanohi Nuva and that would be interesting of seeing what the Nuva mask look as a Noble mask.

Now with story i don't think anything will happen when they become Turaga, there are the Toa Mahri (plus i do like to see Lesovikk becoming a new member of the Toa Mahri)

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube