BIONICLE 2001-2010 Desktop Wallpaper

BioCry

It'd probably be better if there were something in the background. Just a color, even.

No one likes a white desktop.

But I like the breaking Hau.

Hm.

Good point.

The problem is I have no idea which color would look good with the black Hau and text. :/

-:b::i::m_o::c::r::y:

:I

Here is an example I created to show you how to spice the image up a little without lots of work:

bioniclewallpaperpreview.png

All I did was invert the colors so that the background was black rather than white. Then I took the mask and the bottom text and turned them red, considering Tahu is red himself (I also edited the mask a little so that the edges weren't so hard). After that, I added in the original Bionicle Logo, which, in my opinion, looks much better than typing it out in white/black text.

When it comes to my criticism of the artwork, there is really not that much to critique. Most of the criticism I have is the plainness of it, and TheSkeletonMan and I have already covered that. One other thing would be, again, try to work on the hard edges a bit. The easiest way to deal with it is to add a very slight Gaussian Blur, or some other kind of blur, which will smooth out the edges a bit without losing very much quality of the actual image. Besides that, it's actually a very nice wallpaper. Keep up the great work you're already doing! :)

-Rez

Here is an example I created to show you how to spice the image up a little without lots of work:

(image)

All I did was invert the colors so that the background was black rather than white. Then I took the mask and the bottom text and turned them red, considering Tahu is red himself (I also edited the mask a little so that the edges weren't so hard). After that, I added in the original Bionicle Logo, which, in my opinion, looks much better than typing it out in white/black text.

When it comes to my criticism of the artwork, there is really not that much to critique. Most of the criticism I have is the plainness of it, and TheSkeletonMan and I have already covered that. One other thing would be, again, try to work on the hard edges a bit. The easiest way to deal with it is to add a very slight Gaussian Blur, or some other kind of blur, which will smooth out the edges a bit without losing very much quality of the actual image. Besides that, it's actually a very nice wallpaper. Keep up the great work you're already doing! :)

-Rez

Sweet. Thanks.

I made an inverted version of my first one that looks a lot better. I'll be posting it soon.

- :b: :i: :m_o: :c: :r: :y:

Edited by BioCry

I actually like the black-and-white version a lot; it's simple, yet very effective. Particularly the shattering part of the mask. It gets the point across without being overly dramatic.

Of course, whether the all-white is really suitable as a desktop wallpaper, that's not sure. As an artwork that says "Remember", it absolutely works, though. :)

20210512_strollin_banner.jpg

My art collection topic - updated! (21/09/2021)

I actually like the black-and-white version a lot; it's simple, yet very effective. Particularly the shattering part of the mask. It gets the point across without being overly dramatic.

Of course, whether the all-white is really suitable as a desktop wallpaper, that's not sure. As an artwork that says "Remember", it absolutely works, though. :)

Thanks!

Also, I have a preview of the inverted version for anyone who'd like to see it. :D

Link

-:b::i::m_o::c::r::y:

• 2 weeks later...