• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BIONICLE 2001-2010 Desktop Wallpaper

Wallpaper Desktop Wallpaper

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 685 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2013 - 07:05 PM

[color=#000000;]Posted Image[/color]

[color=#000000;]1920X1080 Download Link[/color]

[color=#000000;]This is just something I whipped up after feeling depressed about the BIONICLE sites being taken down. [/color]

[color=#000000;]Hope you guys like it![/color]

[color=#000000;]Other Downloads:[/color]

[color=#000000;]1280X1024[/color]

[color=#000000;]1620X1200[/color]

[color=#000000;]1920X1440[/color]

[color=#000000;]2048X1536[/color]

[color=#000000;](If[/color] you can't find the image that corresponds to your screen's dimensions, let me know and I'll make one that does.)

[color=#000000;]- :b: :i: :m_o: :c: :r: :y:[/color]

:I

#2 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Emerging Stone Champion

• 1,443 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 19 2013 - 07:09 AM

It'd probably be better if there were something in the background. Just a color, even.

No one likes a white desktop.

But I like the breaking Hau.

HEY YOU! Yeah, you! Do you know anything about EA ADPCM files and/or ASF files belonging to old EA video games? PM me!

sig.png

TheSkeletonMan939's Soundtrack Emporium!

#3 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 685 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 19 2013 - 03:31 PM

It'd probably be better if there were something in the background. Just a color, even.

No one likes a white desktop.

But I like the breaking Hau.

[color=#808080;]Hm.[/color]

[color=#808080;]Good point.[/color]

[color=#808080;]The problem is I have no idea which color would look good with the black Hau and text. :/[/color]

[color=#808080;]-:b::i::m_o::c::r::y:[/color]

#4 Offline Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Emerging Mata Nuian Protector

• 1,697 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 10:44 AM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]Here is an example I created to show you how to spice the image up a little without lots of work:[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]Posted Image[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]All I did was invert the colors so that the background was black rather than white. Then I took the mask and the bottom text and turned them red, considering Tahu is red himself (I also edited the mask a little so that the edges weren't so hard). After that, I added in the original Bionicle Logo, which, in my opinion, looks much better than typing it out in white/black text. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]When it comes to my criticism of the artwork, there is really not that much to critique. Most of the criticism I have is the plainness of it, and TheSkeletonMan and I have already covered that. One other thing would be, again, try to work on the hard edges a bit. The easiest way to deal with it is to add a very slight Gaussian Blur, or some other kind of blur, which will smooth out the edges a bit without losing very much quality of the actual image. Besides that, it's actually a very nice wallpaper. Keep up the great work you're already doing! :)[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]-Rez[/color][/font]

rc_banner.png

#5 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 685 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 08:31 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]Here is an example I created to show you how to spice the image up a little without lots of work:[/color][/font]

(image)

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]All I did was invert the colors so that the background was black rather than white. Then I took the mask and the bottom text and turned them red, considering Tahu is red himself (I also edited the mask a little so that the edges weren't so hard). After that, I added in the original Bionicle Logo, which, in my opinion, looks much better than typing it out in white/black text. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]When it comes to my criticism of the artwork, there is really not that much to critique. Most of the criticism I have is the plainness of it, and TheSkeletonMan and I have already covered that. One other thing would be, again, try to work on the hard edges a bit. The easiest way to deal with it is to add a very slight Gaussian Blur, or some other kind of blur, which will smooth out the edges a bit without losing very much quality of the actual image. Besides that, it's actually a very nice wallpaper. Keep up the great work you're already doing! :)[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]-Rez[/color][/font]

[color=#808080;]Sweet. Thanks.[/color]

[color=#808080;]I made an inverted version of my first one that looks a lot better. I'll be posting it soon.[/color]

[color=#808080;]- :b: :i: :m_o: :c: :r: :y:[/color]

Edited by BioCry, Jun 22 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#6 Offline Fairy Knight

Fairy Knight
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 4,021 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 12:59 PM

I actually like the black-and-white version a lot; it's simple, yet very effective. Particularly the shattering part of the mask. It gets the point across without being overly dramatic.

Of course, whether the all-white is really suitable as a desktop wallpaper, that's not sure. As an artwork that says "Remember", it absolutely works, though. :)

screenshot_53.jpg

Sometimes appearanes change, but the heart behind them stays the same...

#7 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 685 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 02:54 PM

I actually like the black-and-white version a lot; it's simple, yet very effective. Particularly the shattering part of the mask. It gets the point across without being overly dramatic.

Of course, whether the all-white is really suitable as a desktop wallpaper, that's not sure. As an artwork that says "Remember", it absolutely works, though. :)

[color=#808080;]Thanks![/color]

[color=#808080;]Also, I have a preview of the inverted version for anyone who'd like to see it. :D[/color]

[color=#808080;]Link[/color]

[color=#808080;]-:b::i::m_o::c::r::y:[/color]

#8 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Makuta Conquered!

• 575 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 04:25 PM

That is really amazing and the white background fit great with it