• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BIONICLE 2001-2010 Desktop Wallpaper

Wallpaper Desktop Wallpaper

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 05-May 10
  • 692 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 18 2013 - 07:05 PM

[color=#000000;]Posted Image[/color]

[color=#000000;]1920X1080 Download Link[/color]

[color=#000000;]This is just something I whipped up after feeling depressed about the BIONICLE sites being taken down. [/color]

[color=#000000;]Hope you guys like it![/color]

[color=#000000;]Other Downloads:[/color]

[color=#000000;]1280X1024[/color]

[color=#000000;]1620X1200[/color]

[color=#000000;]1920X1440[/color]

[color=#000000;]2048X1536[/color]

[color=#000000;](If[/color] you can't find the image that corresponds to your screen's dimensions, let me know and I'll make one that does.)

[color=#000000;]- :b: :i: :m_o: :c: :r: :y:[/color]

:I

#2 Offline TheSkeletonMan939

TheSkeletonMan939
  • Outstanding BZPower Citizens
  • Flying Force!

• 06-April 10
  • 2,309 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 19 2013 - 07:09 AM

It'd probably be better if there were something in the background. Just a color, even.

No one likes a white desktop.

But I like the breaking Hau.

New Video - 10 Years of G1, and Hello G2! Check it out!

If you know anything at all related to Nathan Furst's scores to the first three films - cue sheets, track titles, random slates, film stems, perhaps even the complete scores themselves - PM me at once!

#3 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 05-May 10
  • 692 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 19 2013 - 03:31 PM

It'd probably be better if there were something in the background. Just a color, even.

No one likes a white desktop.

But I like the breaking Hau.

[color=#808080;]Hm.[/color]

[color=#808080;]Good point.[/color]

[color=#808080;]The problem is I have no idea which color would look good with the black Hau and text. :/[/color]

[color=#808080;]-:b::i::m_o::c::r::y:[/color]

#4 Online Reznas

Reznas
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Ice Warrior

• 25-January 10
  • 1,873 posts

Posted Jun 21 2013 - 10:44 AM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]Here is an example I created to show you how to spice the image up a little without lots of work:[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]Posted Image[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]All I did was invert the colors so that the background was black rather than white. Then I took the mask and the bottom text and turned them red, considering Tahu is red himself (I also edited the mask a little so that the edges weren't so hard). After that, I added in the original Bionicle Logo, which, in my opinion, looks much better than typing it out in white/black text. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]When it comes to my criticism of the artwork, there is really not that much to critique. Most of the criticism I have is the plainness of it, and TheSkeletonMan and I have already covered that. One other thing would be, again, try to work on the hard edges a bit. The easiest way to deal with it is to add a very slight Gaussian Blur, or some other kind of blur, which will smooth out the edges a bit without losing very much quality of the actual image. Besides that, it's actually a very nice wallpaper. Keep up the great work you're already doing! :)[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]-Rez[/color][/font]

#5 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 05-May 10
  • 692 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 08:31 PM

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]Here is an example I created to show you how to spice the image up a little without lots of work:[/color][/font]

(image)

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]All I did was invert the colors so that the background was black rather than white. Then I took the mask and the bottom text and turned them red, considering Tahu is red himself (I also edited the mask a little so that the edges weren't so hard). After that, I added in the original Bionicle Logo, which, in my opinion, looks much better than typing it out in white/black text. [/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]When it comes to my criticism of the artwork, there is really not that much to critique. Most of the criticism I have is the plainness of it, and TheSkeletonMan and I have already covered that. One other thing would be, again, try to work on the hard edges a bit. The easiest way to deal with it is to add a very slight Gaussian Blur, or some other kind of blur, which will smooth out the edges a bit without losing very much quality of the actual image. Besides that, it's actually a very nice wallpaper. Keep up the great work you're already doing! :)[/color][/font]

[font="'comic sans ms', cursive;"][color=#008000;]-Rez[/color][/font]

[color=#808080;]Sweet. Thanks.[/color]

[color=#808080;]I made an inverted version of my first one that looks a lot better. I'll be posting it soon.[/color]

[color=#808080;]- :b: :i: :m_o: :c: :r: :y:[/color]

Edited by BioCry, Jun 22 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#6 Offline Taka Nuvia

Taka Nuvia
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Time Discovered

• 11-October 07
  • 4,294 posts

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 12:59 PM

I actually like the black-and-white version a lot; it's simple, yet very effective. Particularly the shattering part of the mask. It gets the point across without being overly dramatic.

Of course, whether the all-white is really suitable as a desktop wallpaper, that's not sure. As an artwork that says "Remember", it absolutely works, though. :)

New art topic: Portrait of a Protector

whonnedsalifeanyway.jpg

I had no idea what I was talking about when I drew this back in 2012. No. Idea.

#7 Offline BioCry

BioCry
  • Members
  • Swarm Scavenger

• 05-May 10
  • 692 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 24 2013 - 02:54 PM

I actually like the black-and-white version a lot; it's simple, yet very effective. Particularly the shattering part of the mask. It gets the point across without being overly dramatic.

Of course, whether the all-white is really suitable as a desktop wallpaper, that's not sure. As an artwork that says "Remember", it absolutely works, though. :)

[color=#808080;]Thanks![/color]

[color=#808080;]Also, I have a preview of the inverted version for anyone who'd like to see it. :D[/color]

[color=#808080;]Link[/color]

[color=#808080;]-:b::i::m_o::c::r::y:[/color]

#8 Offline ShadowWolfHount

ShadowWolfHount
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Fluidic Master Nuva

• 13-October 12
  • 1,317 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 08 2013 - 04:25 PM