LEGO Movie Teaser Trailer

Cons:

-Pop culture references. It was already one huge commercial before, so all these stupid references to things outside of Lego make it even more annoying. Not only that, but this movie seems to be relying way too heavily on the references to carry the movie. Morgan Freeman's whole speech was essentially one big string of random, pointless references to various properties. There doesn't seem to be a whole ton of substance to the movie...

-The music is kind of bad. It's fine, I guess, but hopefully it's not indicative of the entire score.

1) That's a bad thing? This movie is going to be silly fun. Don't go in expecting a Martin Scorsese film.

2) BUT TAKE ON ME

Majhost sucks

Cons:

-Pop culture references. It was already one huge commercial before, so all these stupid references to things outside of Lego make it even more annoying. Not only that, but this movie seems to be relying way too heavily on the references to carry the movie. Morgan Freeman's whole speech was essentially one big string of random, pointless references to various properties. There doesn't seem to be a whole ton of substance to the movie...

-The music is kind of bad. It's fine, I guess, but hopefully it's not indicative of the entire score.

1) That's a bad thing? This movie is going to be silly fun. Don't go in expecting a Martin Scorsese film.

2) BUT TAKE ON ME

Actually the song is feel this moment.

:smiletol: I am Takanui Nuva. The Toa Nuva of Light :smiletol:
11.gifI also go by Baron Von Brickenstein 11.gif

AFOL, Gamer and overall nice person.

I just thought of something that just might invrease the chances of some sort of Bionicle appearance in this movie. If I remember correctly, the Bionicle comics were published by DC or had some sort of involvement. Warner Brothers owns DC. Warner Brothers is making the movie. You people seem pretty smart, so I think you can figure out my train of thought from there without my help. Anyway, just a thought.:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

I just thought of something that just might invrease the chances of some sort of Bionicle appearance in this movie. If I remember correctly, the Bionicle comics were published by DC or had some sort of involvement. Warner Brothers owns DC. Warner Brothers is making the movie. You people seem pretty smart, so I think you can figure out my train of thought from there without my help. Anyway, just a thought. :a: :k: :i:

I don't think it makes any difference who makes the BIONICLE comics. The LEGO Group owns the rights to BIONICLE, which means they could presumably include BIONICLE characters in any movie they please. Anyway, DC Comics did publish the BIONICLE comics, but later Papercutz republished them as graphic novels, so DC doesn't even have any kind of exclusive rights to the characters in the comics medium.I think a BIONICLE cameo will more likely come down to a question of "is there an appropriate point in the movie where that kind of cameo could work to its fullest?" That's more or less the reason why Mario didn't appear in the movie Wreck-It Ralph, which was otherwise full of video game references. The creators had no issues negotiating for the rights to use the character, but they couldn't find any scene where he fit in organically and throwing him in as a background character wouldn't do the character justice.Licensed character cameos do probably depend at least partially on whether Warner Bros. holds the film rights to those franchises. This may explain why Michelangelo from the TMNT could appear even though the minifigure is technically from a Nickelodeon show, and thus a Viacom property. If Warner Bros. still has the TMNT film rights, then including those characters in their films can legally be justified. At the same time, this means we will not likely see any Star Wars or Marvel Comics characters, because those film rights are owned either by Disney or Sony Pictures, depending on the character in question.

I spotted Johnny Thunder! :D Seriously, Dash from Alpha Team so needs to be in this one. :P-Gata signoff.png

I'm personally hoping for Ogel.

Actually, scratch that. I would only want Ogel in it if he could actually be the villain of the movie, in the same hammy fashion as the PC game Ogel.

How well will you die?

I just thought of something that just might invrease the chances of some sort of Bionicle appearance in this movie. If I remember correctly, the Bionicle comics were published by DC or had some sort of involvement. Warner Brothers owns DC. Warner Brothers is making the movie. You people seem pretty smart, so I think you can figure out my train of thought from there without my help. Anyway, just a thought. :a: :k: :i:

I don't think it makes any difference who makes the BIONICLE comics. The LEGO Group owns the rights to BIONICLE, which means they could presumably include BIONICLE characters in any movie they please. Anyway, DC Comics did publish the BIONICLE comics, but later Papercutz republished them as graphic novels, so DC doesn't even have any kind of exclusive rights to the characters in the comics medium.I think a BIONICLE cameo will more likely come down to a question of "is there an appropriate point in the movie where that kind of cameo could work to its fullest?" That's more or less the reason why Mario didn't appear in the movie Wreck-It Ralph, which was otherwise full of video game references. The creators had no issues negotiating for the rights to use the character, but they couldn't find any scene where he fit in organically and throwing him in as a background character wouldn't do the character justice.Licensed character cameos do probably depend at least partially on whether Warner Bros. holds the film rights to those franchises. This may explain why Michelangelo from the TMNT could appear even though the minifigure is technically from a Nickelodeon show, and thus a Viacom property. If Warner Bros. still has the TMNT film rights, then including those characters in their films can legally be justified. At the same time, this means we will not likely see any Star Wars or Marvel Comics characters, because those film rights are owned either by Disney or Sony Pictures, depending on the character in question.
I realize that, I was just saying it may increase the chances, albeit only marginally.:a::k::i:

Xbox LIVE: FlamingCheese77

BZPRPG Profiles: http://www.bzpower.com/board/topic/9733-bzprpg-profile-pages/?p=547516

~Ignitus~Rerus~Xadah~Moeru~Rida~Turi~Sokia~Kashikoi~Yujin~Bani~Waru~Tasuke~Therin~Diabhal~

I thought on this a little more: are they going to have tie-in sets for this? I could see a couple good opportunities, like that girl minifig and the "1980's-something space guy".

I am totally ok if Lego decides to re-stock their old 1980s and 1990s sets lines for this movie. The classic space sets were amazing.

voidstars.png

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89

"In short, my English Lit friend, living in a mental world of absolute rights and wrongs, may be imagining that because all theories are wrong, the earth may be thought spherical now, but cubical next century, and a hollow icosahedron the next, and a doughnut shape the one after." -Isaac Asimov, responding to a letter he had received saying that scientific certainty was false, The Relativity of Wrong

I thought on this a little more: are they going to have tie-in sets for this? I could see a couple good opportunities, like that girl minifig and the "1980's-something space guy".

I am totally ok if Lego decides to re-stock their old 1980s and 1990s sets lines for this movie. The classic space sets were amazing.

I doubt that's going to happen, if only because scores of the parts from those sets are out of production. Not the least of which are the majority of the windscreens. There's still a chance that there'll be other tie-in sets, and if some of those were homages to classic sets (but not limited to straight reissues), well, that'd be swell.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I'm just really happy that us Ninjago fans got our movie time. Seriously, the fandom exploded on the other websites we use because of a few seconds of Lloyd.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

• 2 weeks later...

Say did lego made a movie before and was it called "The Adventures of Clutch Powers" or if they are talking about a Lego Movie in Theater well that different and it look like it going to be good and i like to see a Bionicle and a Hero Factory having a fight plus another thing That Music no no and please no i really do not want to music in my ears.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

:akakunu: My Topics :akakunu:

MOCs: Construct-a-Astronaut

:voyanui: Find Me On :voyanui:

Flickr 10.gif Twitter 10.gif Youtube

Say did lego made a movie before and was it called "The Adventures of Clutch Powers" or if they are talking about a Lego Movie in Theater well that different and it look like it going to be good and i like to see a Bionicle and a Hero Factory having a fight plus another thing That Music no no and please no i really do not want to music in my ears.

What? It's hard to understand what you're trying to say, so let me try to respond as best I can.

Clutch Powers came out a few years ago. It was a direct-to-DVD movie, meaning it had a smaller audience and a more tepid reception. There is another Lego movie being made (titled "The Lego Movie") which will debut in theaters next year. It may or may not feature Bionicle or Hero Factory.

The music in the trailer is not likely to be the music to the final movie. Many movie trailers, especially those for movies aimed at kids and families, use well-known pop songs, unless the musical theme of the movie has been established earlier (as in the case of long-running characters like Batman or Indiana Jones). These don't necessarily reflect the music in the movie itself.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This looks awesome! I've seriously already watched the trailer like 50 times. :P The self-aware sense of humor and the stop-motion-style CGI make me have really high hopes for it. Plus those two writers/directors who did Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs are some of the wittiest people in Hollywood now. Just watch the director commentary for Cloudy and see them reference all the ways they referenced or subverted childrens' movie cliches, or if you're old enough, watch 21 Jump Street: it's by the same duo oddly enough, and it's similarly witty and self-aware, albeit much more adult.

Enough rambling: cannot wait for this movie!

My sig is empty for now. Well, I guess now it isn't, lol.

Looks awesome. The animation is a bit odd, but looks to be good, cheesy lego fun.

Edited by ~Shockwave~

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

I might go see it. Perhaps if I'm in Denmark when it comes out, I'll see it in Danish! I really don't have too much of an opinion on the movie one way or the other, but the 'Feel this Moment' song really killed the mood for me. I'll take the original 'Take on Me' any day over Pitbull's song. (Even though it isn't likely that it will even be in the movie at all)

iNRDRQK.png?1

DANMAG!

BZRPG Profiles