Is there a de facto leader of the Order?

Bs01 doesn't list any ranks other than Helryx being the leader. I find it hard to believe they wouldn't have a second in command, and I'd also think whoever it is is sufficiently important for them to have been mentioned at some point. Therefore, it's probably one of Tobduk, Trinuma, Botar. Jerbraz, Johmak or Hydraxon. Some of them have obviously died already, but recently enough in storyline that the ranks won't have been updated. If I were to guess, I'd say Trinuma.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

I believe Tobduk is the second-in-command. When Helryx left Daxia during the war against the Brotherhood, Tobduk was placed in charge, and BS01 describes him as a "senior member" of the OoMN.

Yeah, probably him or Johmak. I can think of reasons why all the others wouldn't work- Hydraxon's just a jailer, Botar sort of is just the jailer's assistant, Jerbraz is invisible, Tobduk is mentally unstable. We don't have very much characterization for Johmak, or even a definitive picture, but Trinuma isn't terribly important to the main story either, so there's no reason to rule either one out because of that.Edit: I started writing my post before Infrared posted, so I didn't see his post and when I said "him" at the beginning, I meant Trinuma.

Edited by DuplexBeGreat

idk man

There's no official designation, no. Tobduk seems a pretty good guess; Trinuma always seemed to be in a servile position, but maybe that's just my impression. I don't think Helryx left Daxia very often (if ever) until the war, so it's possible there's no official second-in-command position at all, though I like to think they would have discussed that eventuality for the war.

Edited by Dorek

They probably have a protocol for that sort of thing, but she hasn't been gone that long and the universe just ended and dumped them out on a new planet, so I don't imagine their beurocracy it particularily efficient with that sort of thing. I think they all have the capacty to work together just fine for a while without needing someone in charge to bark orders at them. Their a pretty close-knit group of teammate, not a military platoon.

I don't know if Tobduk has some official role, but I don't think there are many people who would try to argue with him. :P

Read my comedy, about the Hero Factory villains watching a television channel produced by our Spherus Magnan friends!

The Bionicle Channel

"I expect that when I write my next entry in this chronicle, I will be writing as uncontested ruler of the Brotherhood."

-Certainty, my Memoirs of the Dead entry

I like to think of Axonn as a potential contender.

I would've expected it to be one of the founding members after Helryx, and Axonn was recruited to it, rather than helping to lead. Also the order were quite happy to station him on a permanent basis on Voya Nui. I don't think they'd allow there second most senior member to be stranded on an island for over a thousand years.

- Taipu1.

tayis.png

HighFly Matoran

Showdown

BZPRPG Profiles

Have you seen my Blog? I understand if you haven't

• 2 weeks later...

I like to think of Axonn as a potential contender.

I would've expected it to be one of the founding members after Helryx, and Axonn was recruited to it, rather than helping to lead. Also the order were quite happy to station him on a permanent basis on Voya Nui. I don't think they'd allow there second most senior member to be stranded on an island for over a thousand years.

Except he was guarding the Ignika. They didn't just leave him there, he was serving a purpose. A very important one, too. Would the Order have trusted any run of the mill agent to guard the Ignika, or would they have chosen someone they could trust?

I used to have a banner here.

But that RPG is dead.

What now?

I think Axonn would be a contender now for a high rank in a the chain of succession; he proved himself over all that time.

But at the beginning he would likely not be very high up.

In other words, things change over time. But we also need to keep in mind that leading an organization requires leadership skills. He had those as a warlord, presumably, but he may be quite rusty now. :P So I think even he would not want to be too near the top except if there was nobody else available.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)