• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BBC#65 Chestnut Winged Cuckoo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Force_UnBleached

Force_UnBleached
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Battling Makuta!

• 515 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 03:19 PM

Posted Image

=====^gallery(when public)^=====

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

More commonly known as the "Brown-winged gold-necked blue-tailed Stradivari"

Edited by Force_UnBleached, Jun 22 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#2 Offline Bundalings

Bundalings
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Tahnok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,234 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 03:35 PM

This is really impressive. I looked up the bird in question, and it is the spitting image. You got all the right colors in all the right places.I'm reaching here, but I have one complaint, and that's the beak. A black Bohrok eye would suit it much better. I don't know how hard it would be to fit that in there in place of the axle.Like I said, though, that's nitpicking. This is really great.

skiddo.png.png

I want to THRIVE
Not just survive.

#3 Offline Ricardo Mason

Ricardo Mason
  • Members
  • Stone Champion Nuva

• 1,536 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 22 2013 - 04:30 PM

I like this bird. I want to see this one in real life, and the real bird. The colors are nice two.

BZPRPG Profiles

Flaredrick Seria - Potas -'Jet Fire' -'Razor'- 'Infector' - Reso 'Vo - Kasrar 'V- Ludvin va Betravo - Vallen Tor - Molvr Kalr

#4 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,425 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jun 23 2013 - 01:00 AM

Awww. :wub: Not only is that a very cute bird, but it combines a variety of bright and engaging colors just as the real bird would in its feathers. The cuckoo's mix of white, blue, gold, and copper are a great choice for plumage, and I also like the black crest on its head. Its feet look perfect, and you did a good job by making it be able to stand up with its tail to help prop it up. While the beady black eyes make it quite cute, I will have to agree with Bunda that the black axle beak isn't very beak-like in shape. You might want to consider a small flexible Hero Factory blade piece (I believe that piece exists in black).But still, that's only a very minor complaint, for the MOC as a whole is excellent. Best of luck in the contest! :D~B~

Edited by Ballom, Jun 23 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Offline Phantomesque

Phantomesque
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 700 posts
  •  

Posted Jun 27 2013 - 10:40 AM

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]It's so cute. <3[/color][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]The detail you put into this small, little bird is astounding. The colors you chose for the plumage, white, blue, brown, and gold are a great combination. There are so many unique and creative techniques in the Cuckoo that makes it really appealing to look at. The shaping of the body is perfect for the bird. [/color][/font]

[font="'courier new', courier, monospace;"][color=rgb(128,0,128);]After seeing pictures of the real life counterpart, you captured the body just right to make it so realistic. The head looks amazingly accurate just to top it off. Amazing job, this certainly looks like a front runner in the BBC, good luck![/color][/font]

phantom_sig.png

Your life is complete once you've met me once.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users